Tribes Ascend Page 7

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Next
  • DUFFKING 13 Jun 2012 15:13:23 7,075 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New stuff is pretty much balanced across the board, cheap blatant sidegrades are good if you ask me. That Shazbundle is excellent value as well - unlocks ALL classes and all 27 new weapons to boot. Great for new players.

Glad sentinels and autos got nerfed too. Just need some proper buffs for chasers now.

Edited by DUFFKING at 15:13:52 13-06-2012
  • FogHeart 14 Jun 2012 12:44:23 944 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Autos nerfed? (strokes Rockwind TCN SMG) don't listen to him, baby. You're the best.
  • mcmonkeyplc 14 Jun 2012 12:50:47 39,384 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I love being the Juggernaut and killing people with well placed (lucky) mortar type strikes. It's so fun.

Especially when their running off with the flag thinking ah hahahahaha I have the flag and none of you are sking fast enough to catch me.

*BOOM*

You didn't see the shot I fired above your head 3 seconds ago bitch! :D

Come and get it cumslingers!

• FogHeart 14 Jun 2012 15:22:04 944 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Used to be the mortar had no accuracy whatsoever unless a beacon/laser pointer was used by another player. Now it's just the Grenade Launcher From Hell. You can't avoid it indoors, between that and the fractal spam I've given up defending generators as a TCN, there's no hope for it.
  • DUFFKING 14 Jun 2012 18:25:37 7,075 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Luckily the gens are next to worthless in pubs at the moment anyway :p

The main problem with the gens when they do have value is that most of the gen rooms are badly designed. Especially Tartarus and Raindance.
  • Hexagon 16 Jun 2012 19:56:54 352 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This sounds like a massive update with loads of new content...and I won't be able to play for a while. FFS. Great timing! -_-

GOG for Linux!

• monkehhh 16 Jun 2012 20:16:30 3,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Best way to learn this to just pick and play? Had a quick go of the skiing and shooting things tutorial so far.
  • monkehhh 16 Jun 2012 22:24:26 3,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fun game so far, takes some bloody skill to kill stuff. Reminds me of Shattered Horizon in a way.
  • FogHeart 22 Jul 2012 18:14:08 944 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, they've finally sorted out matchmaking so you go on a server with similar ranking to your own, and every game is just amazing now. Proper teamwork and people doing the things they are expected to do. Even losing the whitewashes is good because they're hard-fought and last a while.
  • urban 22 Jul 2012 20:13:36 10,923 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FogHeart NICE!

My flatmate had started making fun of me for playing this so much. I finally convinced him to give it a shot and now he's hooked too. He ought the starter pack in the sale and more gold.

Edited by urban at 20:23:26 22-07-2012
  • graysonavich 22 Jul 2012 20:19:23 7,309 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Isn't that 99% down to everyone else getting bored and fucking off to do something else?
  • FogHeart 22 Jul 2012 22:01:44 944 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @graysonavich I don't think so, it had a sudden surge of players after it was released on Steam and for a while I could spend five minutes waiting to join a game. The quality of the games rally suffered after that because of all the new players, then all of a sudden it improved dramatically with nothing on the news page, and no patch applied. After a few games like this I looked at the official forums and yes, they sorted out matchmaking.

It's brilliant - I get support in the gen room but not too much, I don't get a flood of deathmatchers trying for the gen and ignoring the flag, and when I repair it with another class around he covers me and doesn't try to repair too. However, they tend to arrive together in waves (so they are teaming up - inf+brute is pretty hard to take down) so it's challenging but not frustrating. And there's always a small team on flag defence.

The interesting issue is that near the end of each game there's a lot of credits in people's pockets so there's more vehicular and strike attacks. Laser strikes are really annoying as they can get you when you've jetted well away from it or even under cover (this is apparently a bug). But the vehicle fights are fun to watch.
  • silentbob 6 Aug 2012 07:43:29 28,947 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great game this. I seem not to suck too hard at it either. Surprised there's not more activity in here.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• Pinky_Floyd 11 Nov 2012 23:05:48 7,343 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know I'm late to this but I had a go tonight and thought it was brilliant. I played as a technician as I thought it would fit my playstyle and it does. I hung back around the base repairing the generator and turrets. Got into some good tussles down in the generator room.

Bit of a learning curve, no map that I could find, took me a while to figure out where the generator was.

Noob tips from anyone would be muchly appreciated :)
  • Rhaegyr 17 Feb 2013 15:57:00 1,403 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone on the boards still playing this?

Great game and I'm hoping the new GOTY edition tempts a few more players into the most fun multi player I've had in an FPS since UT99.
  • DUFFKING 17 Feb 2013 18:03:29 7,075 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got bored of it. It's fun but with extended play the flaws just became too apparent for it to be especially enjoyable for me any more. Too much defense stacking, no chase mechanics... meh.
  • Rhaegyr 18 Feb 2013 11:57:01 1,403 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DUFFKING

Fair point - agreed about the defence stacking and chase mechanics. As a new player to the Tribes universe I thought these were standard practices and had to live with them.

Anyone else still playing? Wouldn't mind playing the game with some team-mates over a headset for a change - hard to coordinate flag grabs and vehicle runs on your lonesome!
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Next