Game of Thrones (HBO TV SERIES) @ U.S. Pace Page 99

• Page

of 220 First / Last

• Flightrisker 2 Jun 2012 12:09:55 18,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I assume it will be like this (spoilers if you don't want to know the names of the other books. No spoilers but I know the b word is a touchy subject. I haven't read any so I won't be theorising about what happened.

# Title
    1. A Game of Thrones - Season 1 (2011)
    2. A Clash of Kings - Season 2 (2012)
    3. A Storm of Swords - Season 3/4 (2013/14)
    4. A Feast for Crows - Season 5 (2015)
    5. A Dance with Dragons - Season 6/7 (2016/17)
    6. The Winds of Winter (Forthcoming) - Season 8/9 (2018/19)
    7. A Dream of Spring (Forthcoming) - Season 10 (2020)

I'm not sure when the last two books are due but if you assume that books 6/7 will be at least 3 season then it's gonna be 2020 when this fuckin series ends :) That seems ridiculous. It also means that he has about 8 years to get books 6 and 7 done to make sure that the series never catches up with the books. By that time the actors playing Bran and Arya will be 20 and 23. Not sure if that fits in with the timelines in the books or not.
  • Flightrisker 2 Jun 2012 12:12:34 18,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also I just found out that the guy who plays Joeffrey is from Cork and goes to Trinity.
  • Deleted user 2 June 2012 12:15:59
    Flightrisker wrote:
    Also I just found out that the guy who plays Joeffrey is from Cork and goes to Trinity.
    Goes to Trinity?

So, a prick in real life as well.
  • HoriZon 2 Jun 2012 12:25:07 13,461 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    varsas wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    Have we seen The Hounds brother this season The Mountain as the actor got recast late last year? Is he at that knackered castle where Arya is/was.
    Yes we've seen him a few times with the last being at the table with Tywin's other commanders in Harrenhall(?) and he's given specific orders.
    Shit he's forgettable then the other guy was massive this one didn't even stand out.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• desirous 2 Jun 2012 12:29:56 85 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Geesh wrote:
    Book three is awesome, I'm guessing the TV series will be immense!
    I'm guessing introducing horrors beyond the wall making every politacly struggle 10 times muddier. Not a a spoiler as they've been saying it in every episode. I love the fact there is no outright goody or baddy, that really invites thought and speculation.
  • HoriZon 2 Jun 2012 12:48:50 13,461 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Book book book book book Book book book book book Book book book book book.....

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Tuffty 2 Jun 2012 15:13:19 1,397 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    marilena wrote:
    Loras is by Tywin's side as he enters the throne room and prevents Cersei from doing something stupid. The scene is quite short, but Loras is clearly visible for a few seconds. It's also clear that he is the knight that was seen leading the mounted charge in the previous scene, as he is wearing a pretty distinctive armor (he was wearing a helmet during the charge, but it's off in the final scene).
    Bingo, Loras was not only fighting alongside Tywin's forces, he was also suited in Renly's armor, hence why people thought they saw Renly's ghost in the battle.
  • Flightrisker 2 Jun 2012 15:55:55 18,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    marilena wrote:
    Loras is by Tywin's side as he enters the throne room and prevents Cersei from doing something stupid. The scene is quite short, but Loras is clearly visible for a few seconds. It's also clear that he is the knight that was seen leading the mounted charge in the previous scene, as he is wearing a pretty distinctive armor (he was wearing a helmet during the charge, but it's off in the final scene).
    Bingo, Loras was not only fighting alongside Tywin's forces, he was also suited in Renly's armor, hence why people thought they saw Renly's ghost in the battle.

Did anyone actually say, aw shit it's Renly's ghost or something? I feel like I missed something big.
  • ResidentKnievel 2 Jun 2012 16:03:37 5,879 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, Stannis went "Awwwww Sheeeeeeeeeeiiiit, it's tha mutha-fuckin' ghost of Renly" near the end of the battle.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Flightrisker 2 Jun 2012 16:11:29 18,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Yeah, Stannis went "Awwwww Sheeeeeeeeeeiiiit, it's tha mutha-fuckin' ghost of Renly" near the end of the battle.
    "Who are thou going to call?"
  • thedaveeyres 2 Jun 2012 17:01:21 9,746 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This Renly's ghost thing... it's from the book isn't it? Please cut it the fuck out.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• iokthemonkey 2 Jun 2012 17:52:27 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Here's ''The Lannister Song''

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• iokthemonkey 2 Jun 2012 18:04:27 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You know - and I'm sure I'm totally slow getting to this - but I never realised Bronn is Jerome from Robson and Jerome. Holy Shit!

• teamHAM 2 Jun 2012 18:13:39 2,407 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    iokthemonkey wrote:
    You know - and I'm sure I'm totally slow getting to this - but I never realised Bronn is Jerome from Robson and Jerome. Holy Shit!
    Someone says it after every episode :)

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• KayJay 2 Jun 2012 18:19:38 5,287 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    iokthemonkey wrote:
    Oh yeah. :) I bloody loved Soldier Soldier, but not as much as I loved Unchained Melody. :)
  • iokthemonkey 2 Jun 2012 18:23:14 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Haha! Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't get it until now.

• xandoodle 3 Jun 2012 11:11:34 459 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think an Game of Thrones on demand service exists.

It is HBO.
  • Errol 3 Jun 2012 11:26:56 12,374 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ResidentKnievel

Anyone else read this in a sterotypical hollywood black character voice?
  • sirtacos 3 Jun 2012 12:29:06 7,205 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Skimming through the last page made me realise just how little attention I pay to GoT.

You actually notice shit like the type of armour Loras ("who the fuck is Loras?" -me 5 minutes ago) was wearing during a battle scene, and can actually identify it as belonging to another character? Holy fuck you're good.

I think I need to plaster my wall with charts and Venn diagrams to truly make the most of this show.

In other news, good to see that Loras can actually handle himself in the field. I thought his elfish shampoo-commercial appearance and pussyish behaviour indicated otherwise...
  • shamblemonkee 3 Jun 2012 12:34:52 14,041 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @sirtacos no that's bookreaders.
  • ResidentKnievel 3 Jun 2012 12:37:37 5,879 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I usually watch every episode twice, mostly because they're so good, but partly so I can actually understand what the hell is going on.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Khanivor 3 Jun 2012 14:00:52 39,894 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bummed the season is ending tonight. 10 episodes ain't enough, not when there's so much ground to cover too.
  • iokthemonkey 3 Jun 2012 15:03:41 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's not that difficult to read between the lines as to what's happened if you pay attention to details they're directing you to. Learn to watch for the banners and sigils of each House if you can't keep up with who is who, then remember what's previously happened and it's not that difficult.

• BillMurray 4 Jun 2012 12:56:20 7,235 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Brilliant episode. Properly bummed out at the long wait till next season.
  • varsas 4 Jun 2012 13:29:55 2,373 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @sirtacos I would hardly call jousting with the Mountain in season 1 behaviour of a coward; it's also been mentioned a few times in the series that he is good a fighter.

On the episode, I thought it was a fantastic finale and they're going to need even more budget next year with the white walkers!
  • Scurrminator Moderator 4 Jun 2012 14:26:18 8,293 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great episode. Kept wondering how they were going to top last years ending but they did :-)

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• ronuds 4 Jun 2012 14:29:06 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't like how easy it was for the blonde... or that she didn't get naked yet again!

But, yeah, dude's all powerful and intimidating and there's this feeling of dread and you're thinking "this could be it" - and then she's just like, "give me a break" and she's out of it in less than a minute.

Seemed like something more should have happened in between capture and departure.

Edited by ronuds at 14:29:28 04-06-2012
  • Orange 4 Jun 2012 15:54:57 4,564 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is it me or was the look of the white walkers a bit disappointing? Seemed a bit too CGI-ish. Nice swords though.
  • Articulate-Troll 4 Jun 2012 16:11:39 3,104 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought they looked pretty damn impressive for a TV show. Wouldn't have looked out of place in a high budget movie.
  • ecureuil 4 Jun 2012 16:14:43 76,027 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That was great. Nice to see a couple of the giants from Skyrim make an appearance.
  • Page

of 220 First / Last