Eurogamer Expo 2011 Page 13

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• sideeye 26 Sep 2011 12:52:35 36 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Best bit for me was being stuck in the PS Vita queue for 2 hours behind a nerd who had quite possibly the most offensive breath I've ever had to endure. A slight reward for it though was picking an uncharted card whilst I noticed he drew a little deviants card and looked quite cheesed off with it. Made me chuckle.
  • nickthegun 26 Sep 2011 12:54:37 61,108 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My highlight/lowlight was seeing a woman obliviously falling out of her dress at the after party while the people she was talking to steadfastly refused to tell her.

Two buttons down and a pink nose and the bastards never said a word. Neither did I, to be fair, but its not really the kind of ice breaker most people enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Alastair 26 Sep 2011 12:56:50 16,299 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/marius-m/6183472854/in/photostream
    One on the right, super cute.

Nice tits too!
  • Alastair 26 Sep 2011 12:57:50 16,299 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    My highlight/lowlight was seeing a woman obliviously falling out of her dress at the after party while the people she was talking to steadfastly refused to tell her.

Two buttons down and a pink nose and the bastards never said a word. Neither did I, to be fair, but its not really the kind of ice breaker most people enjoy.

And you didn't take a pic for your forum buddies...??
  • sideeye 26 Sep 2011 13:00:16 36 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/marius-m/6183472854/in/photostream
    One on the right, super cute.

Nice tits too!

I'd hang off those like a spider monkey!
  • Deleted user 26 September 2011 13:03:07
    darkmorgado wrote:
    There were some girls dressed as the characters from Darkstalkers wandering about on Sunday.
    Yep, saw them, got photos to. Used a mobile though, so I won't be posting them :o
  • the_dudefather 26 Sep 2011 13:08:38 9,397 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sideeye wrote:
    Best bit for me was being stuck in the PS Vita queue for 2 hours behind a nerd who had quite possibly the most offensive breath I've ever had to endure. A slight reward for it though was picking an uncharted card whilst I noticed he drew a little deviants card and looked quite cheesed off with it. Made me chuckle.

My breath wasn't THAT bad was it?

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Deleted user 26 September 2011 13:12:31
    Queueing for two hours to play a handheld console doesn't make any sense to me. That two hours could be spent playing games. And don't get me started on a 3 hour queue for an Onlive console, no way was I doing that.
  • sideeye 26 Sep 2011 13:17:59 36 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    sideeye wrote:

Lets me put it this way.... I'd rather have endured my Nan sat on my face for 2 hours than go through that again, at least the smell would have been nicer!
  • the_dudefather 26 Sep 2011 13:18:44 9,397 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, didn't bother with onlive, and in retrospect the vita was a waste of time (1.5 hour queue), but I had seen most of the stuff I had wanted to see already at that point

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Kay 26 Sep 2011 14:18:31 17,955 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, as I said to TH14, I only stayed in the Vita queue because I'd seen everything else (more or less), and really wasn't interested in queuing up to play the likes of Skyrim or Arkham City. I know they'll be great and will be purchasing them regardless, so what's the point?

sideeye wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    sideeye wrote:

Lets me put it this way.... I'd rather have endured my Nan sat on my face for 2 hours than go through that again, at least the smell would have been nicer!

Erm, what was this "nerd" wearing?

/paranoid
  • LeoliansBro 26 Sep 2011 14:22:10 44,753 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We accidentally skipped the Onlive queue. Just as well, as playing low-res Space Marine after waiting for 2 hours plus would have seriously pissed me off.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Razz 26 Sep 2011 14:28:27 61,616 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah the Vita experience was a little poorly thought out, the 3DS stand was way more accessible. But fair enough really, it's not like the Vita has launched yet. Still pissed that I queued up for almost 2 hours only to get to play fucking sound shapes :'(

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• markdigi 26 Sep 2011 14:31:11 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Yeah the Vita experience was a little poorly thought out, the 3DS stand was way more accessible. But fair enough really, it's not like the Vita has launched yet. Still pissed that I queued up for almost 2 hours only to get to play fucking sound shapes :'(

Edited by Razz at 14:29:03 26-09-2011
    ^This, would have been better if they had more copies of uncharted or wipeout rather than games that really didn't show off the new hardware
  • Whizzo 26 Sep 2011 14:35:10 43,275 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    "Have you played Uncharted before?"
    "Nope."
    "Xbox gamer?"
    "Yup."

/plays Uncharted on Vita

/silently takes down a later guard after handler tells me how to shoot from cover
    "You're the first person to do that."
    I just look up and say "I've been playing a lot of Deus Ex, you get in the habit of doing things quietly."

I liked it quite a lot but I just can't be arsed to spend money on a mobile games platform that I know I'm rarely going to use.

/inserts usual gag about playing games on my normal commute being a bit risky as it involves driving on the M3/M25

This space left intentionally blank.

• nickthegun 26 Sep 2011 14:36:09 61,108 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They needed a tech demo of sorts but, yeah, queuing up for 2 hours just for a 2/3 chance of getting to play an actual game is a bit shit.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• gallow 26 Sep 2011 14:48:46 492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I began to queue for about 10 minutes for the Vita but got bored and wandered off to see some other things. What didn't help was there only being about 12 demo units.

I also started to queue for the free onLive console after being somewhat impressed with it (I ate a lot of my own words) but gave up after about 30 minutes as it was near the end of the day and my mate and me said lets just download the pc client. So we did and left.
  • wideawakewesley 26 Sep 2011 15:01:09 5 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Had a great time at the expo, my favourite games were almost exclusively in the Indie Arcade. There were a few games I didn't get to see, but happy to have no queued for more than 20 mins for anything. Biggest disappointed may well have been the NFS: The Run demo, which just makes the game feel like every other racing game that's been released recently.

Did anyone spot me on Saturday walking around with a video playing in the chest of my t-shirt?
  • brokenkey 26 Sep 2011 15:04:11 7,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    wideawakewesley wrote:
    Had a great time at the expo, my favourite games were almost exclusively in the Indie Arcade. There were a few games I didn't get to see, but happy to have no queued for more than 20 mins for anything. Biggest disappointed may well have been the NFS: The Run demo, which just makes the game feel like every other racing game that's been released recently.

Did anyone spot me on Saturday walking around with a video playing in the chest of my t-shirt?

NFS: The Run demo put me off buying the game. First level was nice, second level featured insta-kill falling rocks. My compadre, who drove a bit slower, had time to avoid them, but I never made it to the end of the level.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• spamdangled 26 Sep 2011 15:10:09 27,426 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The whole concept of The Run is fucking stupid. People buy need for speed to race fast cars, not to go fucking free-running.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Alastair 26 Sep 2011 15:10:17 16,299 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    wideawakewesley wrote:

Yes, i think so. What was the vid?
    I deffo saw a bloke with something like an LCD screen on the front of his t-shirt.
  • brokenkey 26 Sep 2011 15:17:36 7,124 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    The whole concept of The Run is fucking stupid. People buy need for speed to race fast cars, not to go fucking free-running.

The two demo levels they had, and the longer career branch they formed part of, had no suggestion of free-running. Very much point to point racing.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• wideawakewesley 26 Sep 2011 15:17:59 5 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    wideawakewesley wrote:

Yes, i think so. What was the vid?
    I deffo saw a bloke with something like an LCD screen on the front of his t-shirt.

This was the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlVHlSBgMZI

Had an iPad suspended in a map case under a t-shirt with an iPad sized hole cut in it. I've never had so many people stare at my chest before. ;)
  • warlockuk 26 Sep 2011 15:23:34 19,216 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So not even a good video? Seems a bit of a dull thing to be showing to warrant having an iPad stuck to your stomach.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• localnotail 26 Sep 2011 15:23:59 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That Joker girl was well-chosen

nickthegun wrote:

I think she was one of my toilet friends*, she came to talk to me afterwards and I became completely fascinated by watching for nipple flash. They were very nice breasts, and there was no way of fixing that dress to stop it happening, so I simply admired them.

*exited cubicle of ladies loo at party to discover 3 young women having an involved, informed debate about gaming. This was a complete joy to me and made me hopeful for the future. Of course, none of them post on here, but they did all have blogs / websites of their own.

edit: Oh, and +1 to the Tintin praise, it was very charming indeed, and kept the feel of the illustrations very nicely.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 26 Sep 2011 15:31:36 39,393 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The girl in the Wipeout outfit was amazing. The wonders of a push-up bra!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• warlockuk 26 Sep 2011 15:31:50 19,216 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Most women come in here, have one sniff at the air of desperation and leg it sharpish.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Alastair 26 Sep 2011 15:32:49 16,299 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    wideawakewesley wrote:
    This was the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlVHlSBgMZI

Had an iPad suspended in a map case under a t-shirt with an iPad sized hole cut in it. I've never had so many people stare at my chest before. ;)

Might have been you. Can't imagine there was more than one person with a iPad stuck their chest. Makes me realise I didn't look that closely though.

Also, I'm quite gutted to have missed the girl popping out of her dress at the party. Normally my boob radar is well tuned to that sort of thing...
  • localnotail 26 Sep 2011 15:34:30 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You'd gone home by the time I met her, otherwise I would have introduced you. Mind you, if Nick saw her too, she must have been hanging out for a while.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• warlockuk 26 Sep 2011 15:37:33 19,216 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Next year my girlfriend wants to come in a HEV-Suit corset.
    Win.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Page

of 16 First / Last