In-ear headphones Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• dr_swin 9 Jun 2011 15:49:58 4,865 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was so impressed with these Denon's that I ordered another pair for my wife straight away.
  • Tomo 10 Jun 2011 10:38:19 13,879 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:

No sign at all of them perishing or breaking whatsoever. I don't look after them at all either as they were only 17. I fling them onto my desk or throw them loose into my bag all the time.

Prepare for them to go duff pretty soon... probably like this:

President Weasel wrote:
    I just had another pair of Sennheisers fall apart on me (actually, they developed a loose connection at the jack so the sound to one ear started cutting out).

Must've lost about 5 pairs this way :/
  • President_Weasel 10 Jun 2011 12:07:14 8,953 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They'll replace them for you, if you got them from an authorised reseller. (Actually, they say that your guarantee is with the reseller for the first year, and with the company for the second. You'll need the receipt, and I hear it's all sorts of fun trying to get a refund or replacement out of play.com. Also amazon and play resellers, so if you got a nice deal on your sennheisers from a play.com marketplace seller, like I did, then you'll probably need to suck it up and get new headphones like I did).
    However, if you did get them from an authorised dealer and kept the receipt, I hear sennheiser are pretty decent about replacing your phones.
  • delboy83uk 10 Jun 2011 17:46:07 316 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's great that they might replace them but after having the jack desintegrate after 6 months of use (twice) they can keep them quite frankly. I also hated the fact that they made the wires out of some ultra grippy rubber that yanked them out my ears if i so much as looked at them.

Bought my Klipsch S4s off of ebay, reputable UK seller came in all the retail packaging ect and at 36 les than half of RRP :D.

EDIT: To go into more depth about the falling apart of my sennheisers. The first pair the metal jack stayed in the ipod and the rubber jack part came away, leaving a lovley big ream of wires trailing out. This was annoying but i duck taped it back together (the jack was comically large so plently of tape was applied). Just after this worked for about 4 weeks the sound totally died on them and they were binned. The second identical pair (should have learnt my lesson) managed to last a while longer but the crappy rubber cover split where the metal jack was and it literally just fell to pieces. They were swiftly binned and the klipsch ordered.
  • thefilthandthefury 10 Jun 2011 18:05:56 24,951 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    President Weasel wrote:
    I just had another pair of Sennheisers fall apart on me (actually, they developed a loose connection at the jack so the sound to one ear started cutting out).

That's how I lose all my headphones, no matter the brand/model. I go through about four or five pairs a year because of it :(
  • delboy83uk 10 Jun 2011 18:29:47 316 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had an old pair of Sony in ear hadphones that I LOVED for years and years, they only stopped working after I dropped them in a puddle. They wearn't the best sounding headphones I've ever had but they were comfy and sturdy.
  • President_Weasel 10 Jun 2011 18:48:39 8,953 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Tomo wrote:
    President Weasel wrote:

That's how I lose all my headphones, no matter the brand/model. I go through about four or five pairs a year because of it :(

My previous pair of nigh-identical sennheisers laughed off my rough treatment for over a year and never faltered (I ended up mangling them completely in a way that was entirely my own fault).
  • oceanmotion 17 Jun 2011 14:45:15 15,651 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looking for a pair and it's like a minefield. I don't know were to start. So many to choose from and headphones are rubbish quality or the fakes are making the rounds going from reviews.

Looking on Amazon it seems like fake city going by the prices and reviews. 10-20 quid for Sennheiser's. Not worth the risk is it ?

What's a sure thing on quality built in ear headphones for about 20 ?

Not a harsh sound quality critic either.

• Zerobob 20 Jun 2011 12:00:12 1,604 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does anybody own an underwater MP3 player and headphones that they could recommend by any chance?

I go swimming twice a week, constantly get water in my ears, and get pretty bored whilst doing it. I recon some underwaterrrr muuuusic could be the solution.
  • President_Weasel 20 Jun 2011 13:36:12 8,953 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not an answer to Zerobob's question, just a mention that I've had the SE115's for a few days now and I'm really pleased by the sound quality (even using the rubber tips rather than the foamy ones that freak me out a bit). I'm still getting used to the way the wire loops over the top of the ear, which might also be a sticking point for people used to more standard in-ear headphones, but I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to spend a bit of money on in-ear jobs.
  • billythekid 20 Jun 2011 13:37:04 11,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    +1 for Shure earphones
  • THFourteen 20 Jun 2011 13:54:04 32,857 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yep those shure 115s for 52 quid are a bargain.

Don't mind the overear stuff quite as much, but would prefer an asymettric cable type so one bit can go behind my neck.
  • infoxicated 20 Jun 2011 13:59:12 1,070 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    +1 from me, too - been using Shure's for four years now and couldn't go back.

Although weird at first, looping them over my ear makes perfect sense now, too - keeps them nice and secure and a minor tug (fnar) on the cable doesn't lead to them coming loose.

The first couple of pairs of EC2/SE110's I had developed faults at around the eight or nine month mark, so I think they have a deserved reputation for suspect build quality. However, my current pair of SE110's are going strong at a year old and I use them at least 5 days of the week.
  • Dougs 20 Jun 2011 14:03:37 66,655 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A pair of my Senn's went through the washing machine and are still functioning perfectly! Got 2 pairs on the go, both at least 3 years old. An iphone pair fell apart after 2 months, suspect they were excellent fakes from Amazon MArketplace!
  • Zerobob 20 Jun 2011 14:22:44 1,604 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:

Where can you get them for 52? Got a lot of expenses this month with moving house, but when my Senn's inevitably break (apparently) I'm definitely spending a bit more and getting the 115s if they are around 50.
  • Blakester 20 Jun 2011 14:29:01 3,573 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

Where can you get them for 52? Got a lot of expenses this month with moving house, but when my Senn's inevitably break (apparently) I'm definitely spending a bit more and getting the 115s if they are around 50.

I picked a set up for 40 here

Shockingly good value if you're happy to go with pink.

I was (I'm in touch with my feminine side) and they're actually not as girly as you'd think. More neon pink than baby if you know what I mean.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Dougs 20 Jun 2011 14:30:54 66,655 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't forget decent quidco with advancedmp3
  • Kay 20 Jun 2011 14:32:08 17,761 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pretty sure you don't need to wear those Shures over the ear. I had the SE210s for a while and wore them standard, I found it much more comfortable that way.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2011 14:39:00
    So are advancedmp3 good then? 'Need' a new pair of earphones and I'll never be able to afford the QuiteComfort 2s and these have caught my eye.
  • Blakester 20 Jun 2011 14:48:21 3,573 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    So are advancedmp3 good then? 'Need' a new pair of earphones and I'll never be able to afford the QuiteComfort 2s and these have caught my eye.

I've ordered from them twice (Shure earphones both times) and they arrived within 3 days.

Nothing to fear here :-)

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Deleted user 20 June 2011 14:51:19
    Decent cheers.
  • Zerobob 20 Jun 2011 14:52:50 1,604 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

I was (I'm in touch with my feminine side) and they're actually not as girly as you'd think. More neon pink than baby if you know what I mean.

....but you went for pink? *snigger*

No just kidding, thanks for the link. I woudn't go for pink though, no. I just want black!
  • THFourteen 20 Jun 2011 15:01:39 32,857 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think mine were also from advancemp3 but via amazon marketplace - though they seem to have disappeared now.

I also use iheadphones.co.uk a lot, but i've heard various people slagging them off - but i've bought like 3 or 4 pairs from them with absolutely no issues.
  • Dougs 20 Jun 2011 15:03:01 66,655 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    Does anybody own an underwater MP3 player and headphones that they could recommend by any chance?

I go swimming twice a week, constantly get water in my ears, and get pretty bored whilst doing it. I recon some underwaterrrr muuuusic could be the solution.

I was looking at one a while back, but was quite pricey for the amount of storage. Will see if I can dig out a link....
  • President_Weasel 20 Jun 2011 16:30:24 8,953 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    Blakester wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

....but you went for pink? *snigger*

No just kidding, thanks for the link. I woudn't go for pink though, no. I just want black!

No black, but I paid the extra money to get dark blue for 52 instead of, I think it was , 35 for the pink.
  • THFourteen 20 Jun 2011 16:48:19 32,857 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mine are red, they look nice :)
  • kentmonkey 24 Jun 2011 21:58:38 20,439 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any love for these Klipsch earphones?. Considering getting these to replace some Bose ones that now cut in and out (although I'm slightly worried it's the headphone socket on the iPod).
  • kentmonkey 25 Jun 2011 14:26:07 20,439 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Quick bump, as I'd like to buy some today. Either the above Klipsch ones or the Denon ones linked at the top of the page. Or another make, if they're no more than 30. That's my limit.

Replacing a pair of Bose ones that have given up the ghost after four years.
  • kentmonkey 10 Jul 2011 15:01:30 20,439 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trying one last bump for this. 40 limit, looking at the above Klipsch earphones.
  • kentmonkey 10 Jul 2011 15:05:38 20,439 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or these Shure's (although I'm worried they may be fake for that price).

Oh, they're pink. Not those then. Only black, silver or white for me.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last