Starhawk Page 6

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Widge Moderator 5 Feb 2012 10:14:40 13,676 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The flag battles were really hard in warhawk too. All about setting up a decent advanced line to push from.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• JBlokeUK 5 Feb 2012 10:27:47 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But from what I remember people actually went for the other teams flag, but in this they don't so much. But that might be down to people getting used to the controls or trying different strategies. I'm sure/hope the main game will be better.

I like it when he's angry.

• Widge Moderator 5 Feb 2012 11:11:35 13,676 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, when warhawk started off it was populated by people purely dashing for the hawks and nothing else.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• JBlokeUK 5 Feb 2012 11:41:24 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The last time I played I did actually spend a lot of time flying around which I hadn't done before.

It's great that there are different ways to play this, but then Warhawk was a bit like that too.

Will actually be interesting to see how the single campaign holds up, although I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't much cop.

• justanotherdave_ 5 Feb 2012 11:45:00 48 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I had a go on this lastnight, never played warhawk and tbh I cant see what the fuss is about in Starhawk? Its very bland looking, brown, grey, nothing stands out as very impressive. The graphics are ok, nothing special, the gameplay is ok also, although theres not much feedback in the wepons and controls and it might just be the games ive joined but no one seems to be talking to eachother or really playing as a team much either.. It took me a good 20 mintues to even realise that you could build stuff, and then longer to work out what actually enabled me to build said stuff.. Just found it all a bit generic and a bit boring tbh.

The final game might be better, but unless it comes up as a freebee on ps+ I wont be bothering with it.
  • Widge Moderator 5 Feb 2012 11:58:45 13,676 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Warhawk was silent on the whole. Blissful. I can't stand voice comms.

It never was a graphical flag bearer, it was all about the satisfaction of a team working towards and aim. Everyone just knew what to do, players took roles upon themselves, defensive, support, territory capturing, air support, air defence, attacking... something for everyone.

Moving from that to COD was a shock, which seemed to offer no much more than run forward and shoot.

The weapons were great too, everything had a counter. Perfect balancing.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• JBlokeUK 5 Feb 2012 12:01:09 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah Warhawk was fantastic and vastly underrated. One of the best games this generation for me.

• Progguitarist 5 Feb 2012 14:34:10 10,450 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    justanotherdave_ wrote:
    I had a go on this lastnight, never played warhawk and tbh I cant see what the fuss is about in Starhawk? Its very bland looking, brown, grey, nothing stands out as very impressive. The graphics are ok, nothing special, the gameplay is ok also, although theres not much feedback in the wepons and controls and it might just be the games ive joined but no one seems to be talking to eachother or really playing as a team much either.. It took me a good 20 mintues to even realise that you could build stuff, and then longer to work out what actually enabled me to build said stuff.. Just found it all a bit generic and a bit boring tbh.

The final game might be better, but unless it comes up as a freebee on ps+ I wont be bothering with it.
    it takes a few games to get used to it. You can't judge it from playing alone for a round out two.
  • Widge Moderator 5 Feb 2012 14:39:58 13,676 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JBlokeUK wrote:
    Yeah Warhawk was fantastic and vastly underrated. One of the best games this generation for me.
    I can't think of many multiplayer games that bettered it for me. That, Left 4 Dead ... nothing else really, maybe Killzone 2.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Architect_z 7 Feb 2012 16:48:51 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Warhawk was one of the first games I bought when I got my PS3, I was hooked as soon as I went into a game.
    The thing i've noticed about Starhawk is that it all looks more intense, theres explosions and things flying around everywhere.
    I just hope they introduce some more vehicles, I wanna see some tanks. I loved the tanks in warhawk. Or a dropship, only a good dropship.
  • Pedrolot 19 Feb 2012 13:10:25 1,939 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds good.

I've just bought another PS3 so I'm game...

PSN: Pedrolot

• SFD 19 Feb 2012 13:53:10 498 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How long is the beta up for? Saw it on PS+ the other day. Thinking about signing up for 3 months since there's quite a lot of content on offer at the moment.
  • Moshbag 7 Mar 2012 15:53:35 106 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Video up on IGN showing the tank finally. It looks good, and seems like there could be variants, as it is called the Ox and is described as a heavy tank.

Don't point that beard at me, it might go off!

• Pedrolot 11 Mar 2012 14:01:57 1,939 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does anyone actually play this on here? Im hooked!

• HisDudness 11 Mar 2012 14:48:32 989 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    When I play, I usually go around reclaiming redundant buildings as a public service to my team.

The game on paper is fun, but there are so many knobs playing it that I haven't seen a flag capture in a long time. I almost feel bad trying to stop the other team from capturing, becuase at least they are trying! I want to reward their effort somehow, but usually their attempts are so feeble.

This game would be a lot of fun if people knew what to do. I can imagine once clans and groups get into the mix, they will absolutely dominate casuals.
  • Progguitarist 11 Mar 2012 16:30:25 10,450 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I played lots of the first private beta but I've decided to I've seen enough to warrant a purchase. I don't want to overplay it and then tire of it before release.
  • HisDudness 11 Mar 2012 16:49:05 989 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Have you given the new (large) map and vehicles a try though? Worth a look. It's up to 32 players now as well.

I hope that the single player will really train players for MP, so that they realize what it takes to siege a base, etc.
  • Pedrolot 12 Mar 2012 15:24:53 1,939 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its fantastic!

• Architect_z 13 Mar 2012 11:46:08 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm loving Starhawk at the moment. Tanks are win! Only found one server that had those hover bike things, got a double kill on my first go on one though, just drove through the enemy base and clipped 2 guys. I love the tank battles on Dust aswell.
    Had some epic sniper battles on the space map too. Jetpack+Sniper = WIN.
  • JBlokeUK 13 Mar 2012 11:50:23 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fucking snipers......

:p

• Architect_z 13 Mar 2012 14:23:36 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's your own fault, you tried to steal the flag. :p

Still havent figured out if you can snipe people in vehicles.
  • IronGiant 7 May 2012 20:57:42 4,528 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    IGN have put their review up, gave it 9/10 :)
  • Gregolution 8 May 2012 19:26:03 3,313 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got my order paid notification. Bring on the carnage
  • HisDudness 8 May 2012 19:49:32 989 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They just posted on the blog that all map packs will be free!
  • tonyferrino 8 May 2012 20:36:25 183 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any word on a PSN release?
  • preacherman69 8 May 2012 21:17:29 177 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Just got my order paid notification. Bring on the carnage
    Aye same here looking forward to this
  • Deleted user 9 May 2012 00:08:12
    Just watched the gametrailers review. Looks deadly. Hope to see some of you guys on here!

Feel free to send me an ad on PSN we could try to get a EG clan together!
  • welsh_will 9 May 2012 00:34:19 1 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can anybody tell me what the servers were like towards the end of the beta? I couldn't get into a game whenever I tried, but in fairness that was a while ago.
  • JBlokeUK 9 May 2012 10:25:04 2,308 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No EG review?

• Architect_z 9 May 2012 10:34:33 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @WeakOrbit

EG clan. Mmmmmmm....
    I reckon I could be of some use once I've learnt the maps. ^_^
  • Page