Wii 2 or new Nintendo console; will it happen this year or next year.

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous
  • silversun 9 Feb 2011 22:50:11 149 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I mean by that will we find out if its going happen in a year or 2 time?.
    I cant see ps 3 or xbox 360 coming out with a new console any time soon but i can see nintendo doing this and probley going in ther own direction with it.
    The lack of first party nintendo games on the radar atm is also making me think about this.

Guess e3 will tell us what is up with nintendo plans with either games or consoles.
  • graysonavich 9 Feb 2011 22:52:17 7,299 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    God I hope so. I'm literally pissing myself with anticipation.
  • Lexx87 9 Feb 2011 22:53:55 20,869 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    \o/

Speak the truth hussy!

• silversun 9 Feb 2011 22:58:17 149 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    hopefully this thread is ok, lol i worried i break some rule start this topic but anyway i think at least be intresting to find out want nintendo is doing next even if it only there upcomming games line up.
  • Psychotext 9 Feb 2011 23:14:23 53,714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    God I hope so. I'm literally pissing myself with anticipation.
    Clean yourself up you fucking vagrant.

/shuns
  • Chopsen 9 Feb 2011 23:19:49 15,686 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm sure they'll do a number 2 after having such a great wii.
  • Dirtbox 9 Feb 2011 23:22:22 77,403 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's be the Poo.

God this shit practically writes itself. Again.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• redcrayon 11 Feb 2011 08:20:05 4,544 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Given that there are two threads about games released in the last 3 months in the EU in the most recent 25 Wii threads here, I hope it's sooner rather than later.
  • nickthegun 11 Feb 2011 08:28:52 58,725 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    It's be the Puu.

Ftfy

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• JetSetWilly 11 Feb 2011 08:50:24 5,721 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Looking at 3rd party support the Wii must have a limited life in any sensible world..

Never mind third-party, Nintendo themselves seem to have given up on it. It's like the Cube's final year all over again, clinging on for Zelda.
  • ToonMonkey 11 Feb 2011 09:08:23 302 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It would great if Nintendo did a HD console with a non-motion controller as standard. Still have a motion controller for the young 'uns like, but let those of us who loved Nintendo pre-Wii have something to be excited about.

/deluded
  • Tonka 11 Feb 2011 09:24:30 19,995 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    the 3ds is their new console

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• roz123 11 Feb 2011 11:09:24 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I reckon 2013
  • michaelius 11 Feb 2011 13:48:17 809 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wii 2 annouced this E3 for spring 2012 release imho.
  • Cappy 11 Feb 2011 14:05:54 11,812 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They won't announce anything until they've wrung all the sales they can out of the Wii, which could be years off.

Why would they be in a rush to take a risk on new hardware when the Wii still makes them money?
  • Murbal 11 Feb 2011 14:10:56 21,857 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:

:D
  • CharlieStCloud 11 Feb 2011 17:45:15 4,999 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JetSetWilly wrote:
    Never mind third-party, Nintendo themselves seem to have given up on it. It's like the Cube's final year all over again, clinging on for Zelda.

Well said. That's exactly how I feel!

I am a Nintendo fan, always have been, but their next console needs to offer a fair bit more than the simplistic and basic (yet family friendly) nature of the Wii.

Put it this way... I am getting bored of the Wii.
  • Frosc 11 Feb 2011 18:01:32 307 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    It's be the Poo.

Puu*
  • Razz 11 Feb 2011 18:10:07 60,676 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    :'D

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• AlcohollicA 11 Feb 2011 18:28:41 2,355 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    They won't announce anything until they've wrung all the sales they can out of the Wii, which could be years off.

Why would they be in a rush to take a risk on new hardware when the Wii still makes them money?

Wasn't the DS still making them money?
  • HoriZon 11 Feb 2011 18:31:15 13,490 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I heard Nintendo sacrifice 2 virgins for every Wii sold hence the sales slacking off.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• redcrayon 11 Feb 2011 18:54:20 4,544 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cappy wrote:

This. Both the DS and the Wii continue to make piles of cash, but they think that the 3DS is good to go now, before the NGP and while glasses-free 3D is still new enough to wow people, and that it's a better bet for their future profits than waiting.

They probably have several prototypes of their next home console, and are thinking that none of them are ready/profitable enough with the spec they want, and more importantly they aren't in a hurry to launch. The Wii can happily sit there for another year, still raking in the cash without taking a risk on the next project that might not be as popular.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 12 Feb 2011 09:09:59 2,430 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thwe Wii was a right time gadget. It was perfectly placed, perfectly advertised and perfectly timed. Nintendo continually show that they know what they're doing. If the Wii is still doing well, there's no reason in the world to try and make people drop it and buy the next gen. The majority of the people they aimed the Wii at aren't the sort to go out and buy every iteration of their consoles. Most people who bought the Wii bought it because of what it does, not because its was the next game console out.
    Nintendo know they had a good thing with the Wii because of what it did re the motion control. That's been done, every company has now jumped on the bandwagon and some have even gone one better. They know its going to take something special to renact the success they had with the Wii, so they'll be in no hurry to fuck it up.
    Nintendo aren't MS, they won't rush it and risk fucking the whole thing up by raping peoples wallets, and they're not Sony so it won't be an overpriced all singing all dancing tech freak gadget.

I got bored of the Wii within a week. But its not aimed at me. I'm interested to see what they come up with next. But will I buy it because its a Nintendo? No, I'll buy it if I like what it does.
    Will I buy the X-Next? Yes. And I'll buy it because whatever the next Xbox is called or does, it's the next MS console and I like what they do despite their wallet raping.

That's my 2p worth, anyway.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• redcrayon 12 Feb 2011 09:51:57 4,544 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Isn't there a disconnect there though?
    You might be interested in the next Ninty console, but are waiting to see what it is. (Quite right too, IMO)
    You will buy the next MS console, because you think you know what it will be like.

For all we know all the next consoles will be casual-focused, as the handheld market is a tough sell to them at the moment. I like all my consoles, but it's not like 20 years ago when you could guarantee what the next version would be like. I don't even think that MS know what they want their next console to do yet.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2011 12:52:32
    1) It is often accepted that both the PS1 and PS2 were dropped a bit early, both consoles being arguably the closest thing to the casual cash-in precursors to the Wii
    2) The economy is depressed
    3) Nintendo don't rush

It'll be a long wait and, no, Nintendo aren't going to worry about keeping the Wii going with loads of games, either first- or third-party. Development spend is already going into the next console.

And, what is to blame? Quite clearly it is the ideology of capitalism. You fucking live by it and teach your children to live by it so just suck it the fuck up, money-whores.
  • CharlieStCloud 12 Feb 2011 15:50:32 4,999 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    On this subject, Nintendo has not once lowered the price of the Wii since day one; 179.99!

I imagine that they shall only have to round the RRP to 149.99 before Christmas (with a new bundle or two) and it'll do great business.
  • SirScratchalot 12 Feb 2011 16:42:14 7,872 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Man, after trying out Dolphin I'd pay good money for a Wii HD, hardware level scale up of all of the Nintendo games look amazingly fantastic.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 12 Feb 2011 17:59:55 2,430 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    redcrayon wrote:
    Isn't there a disconnect there though?
    You might be interested in the next Ninty console, but are waiting to see what it is. (Quite right too, IMO)
    You will buy the next MS console, because you think you know what it will be like.

For all we know all the next consoles will be casual-focused, as the handheld market is a tough sell to them at the moment. I like all my consoles, but it's not like 20 years ago when you could guarantee what the next version would be like. I don't even think that MS know what they want their next console to do yet.
    I see your point. It does depend more on what the consoles do next time around rather than the manufacturer. I hope they all realise that and come up with some great stuff to entice us with.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous