Sleeping Dogs Page 39

• Page

of 39 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 21 August 2013 19:50:57
    Some things that seem abit odd with the game, atleast on the PS3. Iím sure thereís more, but here are a few of them:

At night, the rear lights of the cars are not on? although they do turn red during breaking.

The Player wakes up in an apartment that has a large fish tank in it. There are no fish in the tank?

The section where the player is required to enter a building, smash some large pots, and move a piano. During a cut scene, the smashed pots appear but in their original state (un smashed).
  • Deckard1 21 Aug 2013 19:53:34 27,124 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    How many times do you check the front door to make sure you've locked it?
  • Deleted user 21 August 2013 19:56:40
    blacksea wrote:
    Some things that seem abit odd with the game, atleast on the PS3. Iím sure thereís more, but here are a few of them:

At night, the rear lights of the cars are not on? although they do turn red during breaking.

The Player wakes up in an apartment that has a large fish tank in it. There are no fish in the tank?

The section where the player is required to enter a building, smash some large pots, and move a piano. During a cut scene, the smashed pots appear but in their original state (un smashed).
    I'm so glad I don't nitpick games like this.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 12:37:11
    Sleeping Dogs - Playstation 3

Completed the story, after which the Player is placed in an apartment and is free to roam to complete any uncompleted side missions etc. The game is hugely entertaining, featuring great music, animation, acting, while the graphics are a mixed bag of impressive, good, sometimes over blurred.

Compared to GTA IV, I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs more. I gave up on GTA IV as it became boring. Technically, comparing the two games, results might look like:

Day to Night, Night to Day - GTA IV is more impressive.

Fast Driving - Sleeping Dogs is more impressive, as GTA IV uses a blur effect to imply speed, where as Sleeping Dogs simply shifts the screen at high speed, no blur.

Car movement. GTA IV is more impressive, as the cars feel more solid. Sleeping Dogs feels more arcade, during chases the actions feels a little rubber-band like, making the game races too easy. This is coming from a Grand Turismo player.

Radio - Sleeping Dogs contains superior music. GTA IV has the gimmick of an interactive radio. The Sleeping Dogs radio doesn't appear to be interactive.

Acting - Sleeping Dogs wins with ease.

Graphics - I'm on the fence with this one. GTA IV is more consistent with its characters and backdrops working in harmony. They also edge more towards cartoony. Sleeping Dogs are a mixed bag, mixing photo realistic graphics on the backdrops in places, and looking a bit GTA at other times. Characters too vary from impressive, to less so, almost Shenmue in their colourfulness.

Nightclub - GTA IV wins with it's Triangle club filled with atmosphere. Sleeping Dogs has a rather empty clean looking club, with a fish tank that really could have looked better.

When it comes to video games and nightclubs, Heavy Rain wins. Now that's a night club, packed with dancers, and a half decent fish tank.

Edited by blacksea at 12:37:46 25-08-2013
  • mrpon 25 Aug 2013 12:48:58 28,427 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I liked the nightclub level in Goldeneye Wii.

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• ResidentKnievel 28 Nov 2013 22:39:24 6,110 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The combat and on foot mobility in this rocks, I never want to use a weapon because of it.

Shame the rest of the game is a by the numbers open world game, but it only cost £4 so I'm still happy.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Deleted user 28 November 2013 23:09:32
    I had a quick look at this the other day too. going to go back to it. Have to say wasn't very impressed initially but it soon grew on me. Think I will enjoy it quite a bit.

Combat is ace.
  • PhoenixFlames 30 Nov 2013 16:47:42 8,899 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just picked this up and really enjoying it. It's a total GTA rip off but in some ways it's better. I think the combat is top of that list.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• DarthCheesiest 30 Nov 2013 17:03:00 1,215 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I signed up for steam just to buy this and the DLCs and now Iíve bought SF4(but plus all the costumes, yay) and Darksouls(but some special edition) both of which I already have.

I am under the impression the driving and the fighting are really good, I love the setting and what I know about the story.
  • El_MUERkO 30 Nov 2013 17:13:53 16,949 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    the driving is a bit pants but gets better once some game-mechanics unlock later in the game, the fighting is the best part of the game imo, shooting and fighting are also improved by unlocks and you'll get in some great fights were you'll flow between them seamlessly :)
  • bad09 30 Nov 2013 18:45:56 5,623 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DarthCheesiest

Remember the camera mod for Sleeping Dogs, a bit clunky compared to the likes of GTA4 or SR3 but it's nice to have a few more views and a free camera.
  • PhoenixFlames 2 Dec 2013 20:36:59 8,899 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Only played a few hours and already completed 50% of the story. Was a bit surprised by that. It must be much smaller than GTA 4. That's a good thing though, can't be arsed to invest months.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Kostabi 2 Dec 2013 20:44:53 4,874 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If I remember rightly it takes around 10-12 hours for the main story which helps it maintain variety until the end.

Overly long games with padding are a total ballache these days.
  • PhoenixFlames 2 Dec 2013 20:50:09 8,899 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    If I remember rightly it takes around 10-12 hours for the main story which helps it maintain variety until the end.

Overly long games with padding are a total ballache these days.
    Good stuff. Just 2 gaming sessions left to complete it then. I'll probably do a few side quests and stuff as well.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• PhoenixFlames 2 Dec 2013 21:35:55 8,899 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One mini-game thingy that I simply don't get it the tracing a call. I have no idea what I'm doing and get it by luck.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• PhoenixFlames 7 Dec 2013 16:55:28 8,899 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    90% of the story completed now. Really enjoying it a lot more than GTA 4 for some reason.

If I complete 100% of the story does the game end or can I still go round and do all the side missions?

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Kostabi 7 Dec 2013 17:22:03 4,874 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Once you're done with the story it dumps you back in the world and let's you tool about as you please. So no, there's no penalty for kung fu kicking everyone in the story to death. :D
  • PhoenixFlames 7 Dec 2013 18:01:44 8,899 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    Once you're done with the story it dumps you back in the world and let's you tool about as you please. So no, there's no penalty for kung fu kicking everyone in the story to death. :D
    Cool! :-)

PSN - phoenix1flames

• B0rked_Gamer 7 Dec 2013 18:17:55 2,481 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sleepy Dogs looks ridiculously good on PC. That is all.
  • PhoenixFlames 8 Dec 2013 16:34:55 8,899 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just noticed something about this game and others like GTA and Saints Row; there aren't any children.

I suppose it would be a step too far to be able to machete a kid in the face.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• PhoenixFlames 9 Dec 2013 21:48:56 8,899 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just completed it. Bit sad about it actually, I was enjoying it :-)

There's a few side missions left though so I might try and complete those.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• DUFFMAN5 27 Jan 2014 16:20:06 14,392 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Any of you lot bought the new DLC ('Year of the Snake')?

I see the rest of the DLC plus the game itself (and a load of other Square Enix titles) are on sale on XBL at the moment so I'm thinking I might get Nightmare in North Point and this.

560 sounds a fair price but if it'll only last me an hour or so I'm not sure I'll bother.
    I started this the other day. Played and completed the game upon release and loved it (big fan of True Crime games) although the fighting took me a while to get. Decided to get free from Live and buy the extra story content.

Bought this dlc when on sale a few weeks ago. Very impressed with the diverse missions/tasks at the mo. Kicks SR IV's dlc arse on that front. Not too sure how long it will last but the few hours I have already been tooling around makes it well worth the few quid I paid :)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Phattso Moderator 12 May 2014 12:40:50 13,199 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been really getting into this on PC recently. On niggle though: the performance is all over the place. Is this known to be a shonky PC port, or are there some settings I can tweak to get a more consistent framerate?

Mainly in cutscenes, but also while tooling about at high speed, it can chug a bit. i5 3.6GHz and Nvidia 760GTX.

Awesome game though - warmed to the combat immediately, and I love Kowloon so the setting really appeals. Can't wait to put more hours in.
  • Phattso Moderator 12 May 2014 16:25:46 13,199 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh, I'm also taking a giant dump on all your stats. This is better than Autolog.
  • kinky_mong 13 Jun 2014 17:18:12 9,952 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Surely no ones going to be paying £45 or more to play this on the new consoles with slightly better graphics?!

And why call it Sleeping Dogs HD when it was already in HD?

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• docrob 4 Jul 2014 00:32:06 289 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got this in the Steam sale a few days ago and now I'm hooked. Obviously it's GTA in all but name, but I like the HK setting (went there recently which is one reason I bought the game) and the mainly hand-to-hand combat is more fun than constant gun battles. Great visuals on PC too, though my 480GTX is running at about 80 degrees and sounds as if it's going to take off at times!
  • thefilthandthefury 4 Jul 2014 07:35:56 24,951 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I actually like it a lot more than GTA as I prefer the lead character, the streamlined nature of the game and, of course, the setting!
  • superbob85 4 Jul 2014 07:56:40 1,730 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    The characters in the game are likable the story is well put together. I liked the setting it suited the atmosphere well. The combat flowed brilliantly when it was mastered. A very strong 8/10 for me cant wait until a sleeping dogs 2.
  • captbirdseye 4 Jul 2014 08:38:25 4,782 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @docrob Turn AA off as that causes heat and load issues.
  • Page

of 39 First / Last

Next