Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dream Team: The Game

She dives for cheese pasties

• Lawrens 10 Jan 2011 21:51:38 398 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fuck awesome climax action:
    Shinji Mikami x Hideki Kamiya with a big budget from a big publisher, get an editor/writer..

Xeno remake:
    Just bring back Soraya Saga and the original gears saga ep1 team, and finish the entire game/series with that set up.

I don't know what went wrong with SE, but I'd like them to try another game with some of the old designers and maybe have guchi on board, with Matsuno, then just don't fuck it up like ff12, I really don't know what to say about SE, they seem to have the same people from xi and they still managed to mess up xiv...
  • Deleted user 10 January 2011 21:55:56
    jonsaan wrote:
    The FIFA team making the next EA cricket game to the same standard as FIFA.

Although I abhor FIFA, even the idea of this makes me just a little wet in the pant area
  • itamae 10 Jan 2011 22:02:56 9,897 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A sequel to Steambot Chronicles, made by Irem.*/**/***

* Released sometime this century
    ** With technical support from Team Ninja
    *** With financial support from Rockstar

Also, a proper Turrican sequel by whoever made Odin Spere, with strict supervision by Manfred Trenz. And a Final Fantasy by someone, anyone who actually gives a damn about the genre (that is, not Squenix).
  • redcrayon 10 Jan 2011 22:49:29 4,574 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zelda done by Bethesda.

An open world to ride a horse around in, hitching it next to a dungeon that I've had to work out myself where it is based on clues, maps, quests etc. The option to take on the end boss whenever I think I'm ready, rather than when I've gathered the 8 mystic kittens of thrandor or whatever the usual macguffin is.
  • trip919 10 Jan 2011 23:45:58 2,274 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    itamae wrote:
    A sequel to Steambot Chronicles, made by Irem.*/**/***

* Released sometime this century
    ** With technical support from Team Ninja
    *** With financial support from Rockstar

I'd just settle for it to be released in my lifetime.
  • ElNuevo9 10 Jan 2011 23:49:26 13,608 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Naughty Dog get hold of the Indiana Jones licence.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Rufus 10 Jan 2011 23:50:13 1,756 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    redcrayon wrote:
    Zelda done by Bethesda.

An open world to ride a horse around in, hitching it next to a dungeon that I've had to work out myself where it is based on clues, maps, quests etc. The option to take on the end boss whenever I think I'm ready, rather than when I've gathered the 8 mystic kittens of thrandor or whatever the usual macguffin is.

I was thinking this just last night as I was playing Fallout 3. Would be amazing.
  • Deleted user 10 January 2011 23:51:46
    I'm still waiting for Sega to hurry the fuck up, buy Pro Evo and give the team a couple of years and a giant pot of gold to do whatever they want while leaving all the stats and meta-game stuff to Sports Interactive.

Also Shenmue 3. Obviously.
  • LionheartDJH 10 Jan 2011 23:53:15 19,549 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You have impeccable taste dg :)

• Deleted user 10 January 2011 23:56:05
    ...and yet Yu Suzuki still had that retraining order enforced. :(
  • LionheartDJH 10 Jan 2011 23:58:06 19,549 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think he does that to anyone who enquires directly about Shenmue III. Probably got annoying after the 100,000th e-mail asking "can we haz mor shenmu plz?!!!."

• Deleted user 11 January 2011 00:57:23
    Lawrens wrote:
    Fuck awesome climax action:
    Shinji Mikami x Hideki Kamiya with a big budget from a big publisher, get an editor/writer..

Not sure if you'd seen the announcement but Shinji Mikami has taken a bunch of Platinum members with him and signed a new studio Tango Gameworks with Bethesda.

http://www.tangogameworks.com (check the comics)

Whatever it is, they are already making my dream game.

I don't know what went wrong with SE, but I'd like them to try another game with some of the old designers and maybe have guchi on board, with Matsuno, then just don't fuck it up like ff12, I really don't know what to say about SE, they seem to have the same people from xi and they still managed to mess up xiv...

Its not the talent per se that is the problem in Japan but the working environment and development culture that is key (applies outside Japan as well when considering EA Louse and Rockstar spouses). Right now this is completely fucked up at every major Japanese third party and they'd rather stick with portables or pander to otaku creeps and outsource to third rate studios abroad than invest and reform internally.

Recently at Square Enix they've thrown many senior Squaresoft people under the bus over FF14 already and sucked in many of the senior designers at the company to work on the game.

But in one area of good news, on the back of Tactics Ogre selling much better than expected in Japan would hope that Yasumi Matsuno can work on something new for console. As with you felt FF12 was a mess but Vagrant Story was incredible so I'd love to see him given another chance.
  • LionheartDJH 11 Jan 2011 01:57:14 19,549 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FFXII is a masterpiece compared to FFXIII IMO. XII grew on me after a while, though it was pretty boring and I'm still nowhere near the end of it despite waiting 4 years for it to come out. XIII just left me cold, first FF game I've ever traded in and I'm disillusioned with the whole thing now, XV will have to be amazing to get me interested again. The glory days are in the past for FF I think.

• ecu 11 Jan 2011 01:58:53 77,338 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    XII is a masterpiece anyway. I wish XIII had developed on it, the gambit system was incredible. I hope some game at least resurrects it.
  • LionheartDJH 11 Jan 2011 02:04:59 19,549 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I dunno it just didn't grab me that much. I liked the overall story and the world, but didn't really like Vaan to be honest, Balthier was awesome though, wish he was the lead instead. Gambits were a pretty cool idea, and after some bedding in I didn't mind the combat too much, appreciated not having the random encounters anyway. As I said though just got a bit bored of it and never managed to get fully into it. Would like to complete it one day but it's probably not likely to happen.

• ecu 11 Jan 2011 02:07:30 77,338 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I didn't care about the story or the characters, and it's still one of my favourite games. That's how much I like the gambit system. I couldn't even tell you the names of any characters, besides the ones you mentioned. The environments were great though, I can remember most of them. That's how I know it's a good game.
  • MightyMetalMonkey 11 Jan 2011 16:52:50 600 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I liked XII more than XIII, but had trouble getting over the Star Wars Comparison once it was pointed out...

Balthier - Han
    Ashe - Leia
    Fran - Chewie
    etc

And the big assault on the Deathstar/Bahamut at the end.

The "lead male" character, Vaan, was a bigger girl than any of the actual girls and Balthier stole the show.

I would have liked the Gambit system better if all gambits had been available from the beginning, or you had to buy them through the bonus board thing.
  • MightyMetalMonkey 11 Jan 2011 16:54:59 600 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    redcrayon wrote:
    Zelda done by Bethesda.

Whilst I love this idea, it
    a> reminds me of Oblivion, anyway, and
    b> Sounds like "What if 'Tom & Jerry' were made by David Cronenberg"...
  • Razz 11 Jan 2011 17:05:33 61,664 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I dunno, Bethesda to make a GTA game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Razz 11 Jan 2011 17:07:54 61,664 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Midway to make cooking mama would be good, kinda creepy

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 11 January 2011 17:09:34
    Haven't read the thread yet. Hopefully somebody has already posted this.

Take Fallout combine with Mass Effect = best action RPG ever.
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2011 17:17:04 11,471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Takahashi + Kojima to make anything they can dream of.
  • LionheartDJH 11 Jan 2011 17:19:23 19,549 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mass Effect is awesome on its own, keep that VATS crap away from it!

• Deleted user 11 January 2011 17:23:59
    LionheartDJH wrote:

No, I don't agree, the whole collecting stuff and finding objects isn't that good in mass effect. Mass effect's inventory is too light. Combine with fallout for the win.
  • lordofdeadside 11 Jan 2011 17:30:01 1,163 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Always wanted an AM3 F1 game, we had a very good F1 title this year but i'd love a classic Sega arcade take on the sport.
  • LionheartDJH 11 Jan 2011 17:32:10 19,549 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Livetext_beta_tester wrote:
    LionheartDJH wrote:

No, I don't agree, the whole collecting stuff and finding objects isn't that good in mass effect. Mass effect's inventory is too light. Combine with fallout for the win.

I don't care about collecting and finding stuff, I want to save the galaxy! I don't like Fallout though, so I'm a bit biased ;)

• QotSAfan 11 Jan 2011 17:43:16 1,768 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Relic to build and expand upon Dawn of War!
  • Lawrens 12 Jan 2011 06:33:40 398 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yea I liked FFXII, but I still think the story and character development had a lot of inconsistency towards the end, still had a much better formula than FF13, regardless of what people opinions were about its combat and characters, they could always improve on that, it also had the most likeable cast out of 7-13.

Not sure if you'd seen the announcement but Shinji Mikami has taken a bunch of Platinum members with him and signed a new studio Tango Gameworks with Bethesda.

Yea I've been following Tango, they're lacking Hideki Kamiya but their team seems really great so far, next game will be Mikami's last directoral work though, I think their rookie director (Ikumi Nakamura, Bayonetta's concept artist?) might take over and she seems to be working/learning under Mikami like Kamiya once was, so I'm looking forward to her work also, and judging from the twitter tweets, she really liked fallout, I can't wait to see what they'll come up with in the next few years.
  • Khanivor 12 Jan 2011 07:24:29 41,298 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Great thread idea!

90s looking glass, bioware and lucasrts making games using current technology. For the PC in a world where console controls didn't exist.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last