The all-new Premier League thread Page 3176

  • Page

    of 5247 First / Last

  • faux_carnation 25 Jan 2013 21:40:22 9,040 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, a couple of WUMs on RAWK managed to get half the media reporting Spurs interest in Coutinho with absolutely zero basis in reality. Football journalism is such bullshit.
  • QotSAfan 25 Jan 2013 22:00:00 1,653 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    I wonder how much we're paying these people. Maple Lego-Mwibbly is apparently on 60k.
    Football contracts are worked very effectively. The swiss ramble goes into it on one of his articles on FFP and how City and Chelsea could still obtain it. Its interesting if a simple way of looking at things.

    I think this is the article here if you want to look(it is actually worth a good look) at it: http://swissramble.blogspot.ie/2011/12/manchester-city-masterplan.html
  • kentmonkey 25 Jan 2013 22:06:53 20,424 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So Frimpong has gone out on loan as well now.

    Rapidly reducing the squad size but not actually getting players in.

    I would say 'surely all of these temporary departures mean that we'll be getting others in' but then realisation kicks in and I cry instead.
  • kentmonkey 25 Jan 2013 22:07:59 20,424 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Odd timing as well, seeing as he would have been a good player to start tomorrow against Brighton and giving some of our players a rest.

    If we play Cazorla and Wilshere again we're soon going to regret it. They need a break.
  • Deleted user 25 January 2013 22:11:43
    breaking news: official sighting of "worse than mcleish" on villa forum
  • Deleted user 25 January 2013 22:11:50
    VillaTalk is temporarily closed to non-members
    The forum is currently closed to non-members due to load on the servers. Please try later.
  • Dougs 25 Jan 2013 22:33:21 66,621 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can only assume Arteta and Diaby are pretty much back. Does seem like Cazorla and Jack should have a break but they looked fresh as on Wed, and you know how much faith Aw puts in Pro Zone/some other shit that tells him all about red zones.
  • reddevil93 25 Jan 2013 22:57:58 11,373 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Darron Gibson staying classy on twitter:

    @D_gibson4: “@derecktrotter: @D_gibson4 gibbo lend us 5k u earn that in one day, go on mate its going to a good home” suck the back of them m8!!!

  • MadCaddy13 25 Jan 2013 23:05:07 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Odd timing as well, seeing as he would have been a good player to start tomorrow against Brighton and giving some of our players a rest.

    If we play Cazorla and Wilshere again we're soon going to regret it. They need a break.
    Cazorla has played every single minute since he's played for arsenal Hasn't he?
  • zonipoi 25 Jan 2013 23:16:55 17 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    When you look at the prices Newcastle have paid this window is it surprise that they are mainly recruiting from abroad? Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Debuchy, Gouffran and Haidara are around £18.2m combined. Compare that to the prices of Henderson,Zaha or Fletcher and the market is crazy in Britain.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 25 Jan 2013 23:22:00 9,706 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @kentmonkey Frimpong isn't going to make it at Arsenal.
  • MadCaddy13 25 Jan 2013 23:28:37 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    How much was sissoko?
  • Kay 25 Jan 2013 23:31:06 17,760 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Odd timing as well, seeing as he would have been a good player to start tomorrow against Brighton and giving some of our players a rest.

    If we play Cazorla and Wilshere again we're soon going to regret it. They need a break.
    Cazorla has played every single minute since he's played for arsenal Hasn't he?
    Nah, he's been taken off a few times.
  • zonipoi 25 Jan 2013 23:32:22 17 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • zonipoi 25 Jan 2013 23:32:51 17 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @MadCaddy13 Around £2m which is ridiculous.
  • enfilade 26 Jan 2013 00:03:10 211 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sissoko would have cost a fair bit more, too, if he hadn't agreed to renege the signing-on fee he would have received from Newcastle if he'd waited until the end of the season and moved on a free. It's a pretty stark contrast to Loic Remy, who basically heard the ka-ching of the cash register and bolted.

    Quite why players of the quality of Mbiwa and Sissoko - chased by teams like AC Milan as recently as 6 months ago - have chosen to go to the North East, I have no idea. The only common factor I can see is that they all seem to refer to having spoken to Yohan Cabaye about the transfer at some stage.

    Assuming Cabaye had even the slightest role to play in the signing of any of the new players (and sources say he and Debuchy are best mates), then I'd be inclined to say that he's the best signing we've made in the last 15 years.
  • Sid-Nice 26 Jan 2013 00:20:54 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    How much was sissoko?
    £1.8 million.

    NNID Sid-Nice

  • The-Bodybuilder 26 Jan 2013 15:47:36 14,054 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    enfilade wrote:
    Sissoko would have cost a fair bit more, too, if he hadn't agreed to renege the signing-on fee he would have received from Newcastle if he'd waited until the end of the season and moved on a free. It's a pretty stark contrast to Loic Remy, who basically heard the ka-ching of the cash register and bolted.

    Quite why players of the quality of Mbiwa and Sissoko - chased by teams like AC Milan as recently as 6 months ago - have chosen to go to the North East, I have no idea. The only common factor I can see is that they all seem to refer to having spoken to Yohan Cabaye about the transfer at some stage.

    Assuming Cabaye had even the slightest role to play in the signing of any of the new players (and sources say he and Debuchy are best mates), then I'd be inclined to say that he's the best signing we've made in the last 15 years.
    Well if it's true that NouveauChateau FC are offering Sissoko 60k per week on a 6 and a half-year contract, then that's probably why.



    Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 15:48:25 26-01-2013

    Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 15:49:44 26-01-2013
  • Syrette 26 Jan 2013 15:49:07 43,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Isn't 60k a week a pretty average wage by Arsenal standards?

  • The-Bodybuilder 26 Jan 2013 15:51:37 14,054 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Isn't 60k a week a pretty average wage by Arsenal standards?
    No offence, but we have a justification to pay 60k; we make way more than Newcastle do, who are currently potentially fighting against relegation (probably not now, with the players they've got).

    And other than Cesc, we certainly don't dish out nearly 7 year contracts.

    PS: The actualy rumour is 80k, not 60.
  • Syrette 26 Jan 2013 16:11:33 43,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Where are you getting these rumours from?

    By all accounts NUFC pay Coloccini about £60kpw, and he's the highest earner. One thing you can't accuse NUFC of is paying stupid wages.

    Long contracts maybe - but in the case of Sissoko he a) waived his signing-on fee to push the transfer through, and b) would have been available for free in the summer. The latter point probably explains why the club beat the competition to sign him - most clubs would rather wait till the summer, understandably so.

    Having such a large French contingent helps attracts players of the calibre of Yanga-Mbiwa, Debuchy and Sissoko. Finishing fifth last season helps too - fans will tell you there's more to it than injuries and the Europa League but foreign incomings will probably just put the league position down to the aforementioned.

    You sound quite bitter for some reason - are you related to Wenger?

  • Syrette 26 Jan 2013 16:20:09 43,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Coutinho to Liverpool then.

    BBC:

    Liverpool have agreed an £8.5m deal for Inter Milan's Brazilian midfielder, Philipe Coutinho. The 20-year-old is expected to travel to Merseyside early next week for a medical and Liverpool will need to apply for a work permit before the deal can be completed.

  • Shikasama 26 Jan 2013 16:21:05 6,603 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Isn't 60k a week a pretty average wage by Arsenal standards?
    No offence, but we have a justification to pay 60k; we make way more than Newcastle do, who are currently potentially fighting against relegation (probably not now, with the players they've got).

    And other than Cesc, we certainly don't dish out nearly 7 year contracts.

    PS: The actualy rumour is 80k, not 60.
    Yeah, Arsenal;s wage structure is brilliant and absolutely not a major contributor to you losing all of your best players in recent years. Especially considering you earn soooo much more than other clubs.
  • The-Bodybuilder 26 Jan 2013 16:21:34 14,054 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LOL, calm down FAN.
    Someone's wondering why players being scouted by some of the best clubs are now going to Newcastle. I pointed out that a good wage and a long contract would be an abvious factor (I doubt even AC Milan would pay Mbiwa 60k for a long contract). So they're likely going there for a good pay package. Is that outlandish? Or are they going there for Europe or something?

    My only gripe is with Pardew (who, depending on the day, you're pro/con on him too), who I feel hasn't been given enough of a questioning by the media after his infamous "too many foreigners" comment at arsenal. Of course there are clear advantages to getting french players, all the points you made including the fact they are much cheaper compared to british counterparts, it's why arsenal did it in the first place.

    Of course, its human nature to cry foul when one club does something, yet as soon as our club does it, it's suddenly ok (the same would apply if arsenal were tomorrow to start bidding stupid money for players).

    So to summarise, calm freaking down.

    Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 16:31:11 26-01-2013
  • The-Bodybuilder 26 Jan 2013 16:23:33 14,054 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Isn't 60k a week a pretty average wage by Arsenal standards?
    No offence, but we have a justification to pay 60k; we make way more than Newcastle do, who are currently potentially fighting against relegation (probably not now, with the players they've got).

    And other than Cesc, we certainly don't dish out nearly 7 year contracts.

    PS: The actualy rumour is 80k, not 60.
    Yeah, Arsenal;s wage structure is brilliant and absolutely not a major contributor to you losing all of your best players in recent years. Especially considering you earn soooo much more than other clubs.
    LOL, ok. Are you really gonna argue about arsenal's wage structure? To me, of all people?

    You clearly don't know what my feelings are on our wage structure then. Go ask the rest of the arsenal group.

    Fact is, my point wasn't outlandish in anyway. Comparing that arsenal paying 60k is the going rate and is fair to newcastle when we are both in different financial situations is wrong how?
  • Syrette 26 Jan 2013 16:28:47 43,061 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Er, I am calm, not sure what in that post suggested I wasn't (I don't think you're quite on Wenger's level). Hadn't heard of such rumours myself is all (but then I try to avoid the rumour mill/ITKs as much as I can), wondered what your source was (you have inside knowledge of clubs, that much I know).

  • The-Bodybuilder 26 Jan 2013 16:30:17 14,054 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Er, I am calm, not sure what in that post suggested I wasn't (I don't think you're quite on Wenger's level).
    This bit;
    are you related to Wenger?
    My source is like 90% of all ITKs.....Twitter. :p
  • kalel 26 Jan 2013 16:38:00 86,261 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Newcastle are being bold but risky IMO. It's all very well doing this sort of thing in Football Manager, but there's no reloads in real life. If these players are not good enough to keep them up they will be in all sorts of trouble. It's the soft of gamble fans demand of their club, but that's because fans don't know best.
  • The-Bodybuilder 26 Jan 2013 16:38:50 14,054 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyway, Cuntinho may prove to be an astute signing by Liverpool. Would fit in with Rodgers philosophy.

    Any reason why Inter let him go?

    Speaking of Nouveauchâteau (sorry FAN, but I really like this new name), another good french player I think they really should go for, though risky, is Gourcouff.

    He's available sub-10mil, and could prove to be an absolutely world-class player (or aa broken mess). A midfield trio of Cabaye-Sissoko and Gourcouff coule be potantially one of the best in the league.

    Shame you haven't got a Decent Striker. Though Ricky Van Wolfswinkel could be an astute buy.
  • QotSAfan 26 Jan 2013 16:52:31 1,653 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    An injury free Gourcouff would be an amazing purchase alright. Still wouldn't mind him at Arsenal. Could do a job on that left wing I suspect.
  • Page

    of 5247 First / Last

Log in or register to reply