The all-new Premier League thread Page 2997

• Page

of 5263 First / Last

• morriss 9 Dec 2012 20:28:59 70,911 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    That's pretty much it, yep. However, it's all AVB's fault, etc.
    The late goals have to be a worry though, is there an issue with fitness? Haven't seen much of ye lately.
    Leadership.
  • mcmonkeyplc 9 Dec 2012 21:13:43 39,387 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    IN OTHER WORDS....FUCK YOU CUNTS.

Just to make it clear.

Cunts.
    /facepalm
    Let me have today Cheeseburger. For the love of Paul Scholes let me have today!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• nickthegun 9 Dec 2012 21:14:54 58,893 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    That's pretty much it, yep. However, it's all AVB's fault, etc.
    The late goals have to be a worry though, is there an issue with fitness? Haven't seen much of ye lately.
    Leadership.
    Leadership on the pitch is costing you all those late goals?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• The-Bodybuilder 9 Dec 2012 22:29:57 14,077 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    in regards to the late goals, no one really knows why. It could be a host of reasons.
    if indeed it is fatigue, I did mention earlier in the season that AVB banished all the first team sports scientists to the development squad, just so him and his fitness dude could do all the work (he's not a fan of modern science methods, which is somewhat odd and ironic). If it is fitness, that could be a factor.

Or maybe their defenders are sh*t. Who knows.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 9 Dec 2012 22:49:33 9,727 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Michael Owen is such a dull, dull cunt.
  • morriss 9 Dec 2012 22:51:49 70,911 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lack of it.
  • morriss 9 Dec 2012 22:53:49 70,911 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tottenham would be top of the Premier League if all the games had ended after 80 minutes. Spurs would have 34 points and be two points ahead of Manchester United and five ahead of Manchester City.

:'(
  • IMO 9 Dec 2012 22:58:03 5,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Swansea would have been top of the league if they had won all their matches.
  • morriss 9 Dec 2012 22:58:53 70,911 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No they wouldn't.
  • Syrette 9 Dec 2012 22:59:26 43,108 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Man Utd would be bottom if they'd lost all their matches.

• Dougs 9 Dec 2012 23:01:27 66,723 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    in regards to the late goals, no one really knows why. It could be a host of reasons.
    if indeed it is fatigue, I did mention earlier in the season that AVB banished all the first team sports scientists to the development squad, just so him and his fitness dude could do all the work (he's not a fan of modern science methods, which is somewhat odd and ironic). If it is fitness, that could be a factor.

Fitness/fatigue and concentration are probably the most common for late goals. And naturally are related.
  • TheSaint 9 Dec 2012 23:24:08 14,201 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    Tottenham would be top of the Premier League if all the games had ended after 80 minutes. Spurs would have 34 points and be two points ahead of Manchester United and five ahead of Manchester City.

If only my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle.
  • kalel 10 Dec 2012 00:43:27 86,420 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:

The thing about that stat is, it also suggests we're doing really fucking well for 80 minutes of games. And therein lies a hint of why we might be knackered for the last ten minutes.

I think it's lots of things but AVB's high tempo style is definitely one thing, and we are improving our fitness as a team.

As for the leadership thing, it's much improved since Dawson has come back into the side (along with results), and was then lacking again today with the return of Gallas. AVB needs to understand this correlation.
  • FWB 10 Dec 2012 07:13:49 43,878 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Is this you vs crispy?

Jeebus.
    The worst thing about that is that despite being English he's wearing a baseball cap. The rest I can forgive.
  • Deleted user 10 December 2012 13:18:22
    Syrette wrote:
    Is this you vs crispy?

Christ, it's grim up north isn't it? :D
  • ecureuil 10 Dec 2012 16:07:49 76,530 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Man City tunnel cam yesterday. Wish other clubs would do this.
  • yegon 10 Dec 2012 16:24:30 5,171 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Man City tunnel cam yesterday. Wish other clubs would do this.
    Good watch that, ta.
  • oceanmotion 10 Dec 2012 16:43:41 15,665 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Love how natural and easy going everyone comes across. Should show that to the foaming idiot fans. Can be nice and friendly.

Xenu himself makes an appearance as well as Duvall. Tom Cruises minders look stressed as fuck.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Dec 2012 17:25:43 14,077 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:

Fitness/fatigue and concentration are probably the most common for late goals. And naturally are related.
    Oh I know, just being diplomatic to those c*nts. :)
  • kalel 10 Dec 2012 17:32:17 86,420 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Again, if the stat is "if all league games had ended after 80 minutes then Spurs would be top" you can't completely ignore that means we've been doing really well for the vast majority of games, and that is in part due to playing much more intensively.

I also think our injuries are to blame somewhat. We really struggle to make effective substituions because we don't have the right players. If Parker or Kaboul were on the bench, then we'd be a bit more likely to sure things up and defend leads.

And frankly, I'm taking this ITK on AVB's views on fitness and sport science with a pinch of salt. You obviously know your stuff but it's just hearsay as far as I'm concerned. Not read anything about that anywhere else.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Dec 2012 18:20:38 14,077 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Again, if the stat is "if all league games had ended after 80 minutes then Spurs would be top" you can't completely ignore that means we've been doing really well for the vast majority of games, and that is in part due to playing much more intensively.

I also think our injuries are to blame somewhat. We really struggle to make effective substituions because we don't have the right players. If Parker or Kaboul were on the bench, then we'd be a bit more likely to sure things up and defend leads.

And frankly, I'm taking this ITK on AVB's views on fitness and sport science with a pinch of salt. You obviously know your stuff but it's just hearsay as far as I'm concerned. Not read anything about that anywhere else.
    Meh, whatever. Not like I care. I doubt what happens to sports scientists is enough of a news to get anyone excited. Contrary to popular belief, most clubs medical teams are pretty open to each other and very social.
    As for injured? Err, couldn't that be caused by poor injury management and general monitoring?

Besides, I don't recall chelsea suffering the same fate of late goals when he was around there.

But yeah, just thought I'd remind that I mentioned it. Don't mind at all, It hope it continues, and I've been vocally very supportive of AVB.
    Don't know why you seem to be a bit irate about it all, it's not like I';m slagging off his mum or something.
  • morriss 10 Dec 2012 18:41:42 70,911 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Leave his mum alone.
  • Blotto 10 Dec 2012 18:45:23 2,725 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Although his mum is pretty easy from what I've heard

/ITK
  • teamHAM 10 Dec 2012 20:01:59 2,771 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, Mike Williamson getting skinned again in the first minute.

Top quality Premier League defender.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• kalel 10 Dec 2012 20:11:51 86,420 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Think you've read irate-ness into my post when it isn't there. Just saying, your just some dude on an Internet forum I don't know. That's all.
  • King_Edward 10 Dec 2012 20:11:53 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that about Mike Williamson.
  • teamHAM 10 Dec 2012 20:26:12 2,771 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that about Mike Williamson.
    Only Alan Pardew.

Oh and it's nice he didn't let me down. Right on cue to help Fulham's first into the net :)

Edited by teamHAM at 20:26:46 10-12-2012

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Deleted user 10 December 2012 20:29:25
    Newcastle really should be several down by now.
  • nickthegun 10 Dec 2012 20:30:10 58,893 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Only seven years left on that contract

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• King_Edward 10 Dec 2012 20:34:39 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Players are so soft these days.
  • Page

of 5263 First / Last