The all-new Premier League thread Page 2981

• Page

of 5249 First / Last

• Syrette 2 Dec 2012 11:38:03 43,063 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I only just found out that Suarez tried scoring a goal yesterday with his arm. Class act.

• Deleted user 2 December 2012 11:41:38
    comfortably beaten by a team playing open, fluent, passing attacking football who were in the championship 2 years ago

what happened to arsenal being the signature super passing dudes? it's kinda just atrophied to "sorta technical idk"
  • Syrette 2 Dec 2012 11:47:33 43,063 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Listening to 606 yesterday and was surprised by the amount of Wenger Out callers they had on. Not to say this represents Arsenal fans as a collective, since it's just a few people and it would have been engineered by the BBC to get these callers on.

Read about this black scarf movement thing too. Are things really that bad? Is it just the ticket prices that are causing these protests? I think you're a well run club and I imagine with that shirt sponsorship extension there'll be enough money in the bank every season to be able to afford some top players without having to sell to buy.

Can't help but feel some Arsenal fans are unappreciative of what they have and at worst just ungrateful and perhaps even fickle (weren't Arsenal being praised by everyone 6 games or so ago?). I know Arsenal haven't won trophies in a few years now (diddums) but I don't see what getting rid of Wenger would achieve. For a start who would come in and be more successful than him?

Not a great analogy but I bet most Arsenal fans would want Wenger to manage them had someone else had similar success at the club and left. They're not playing well at the moment but it won't last.

Edited by Syrette at 11:49:09 02-12-2012

• kalel 2 Dec 2012 11:56:26 86,331 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tricky one. The guy is obviously a fantastic manager, but they seem to do slightly worse each season these days. Thought the summer buys this year would reverse the trend but so far it hasn't seemed to. Wenger wont carry on much longer anyway, so maybe it is the time to start considering other options.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2012 12:01:25
    mikeck wrote:

So happy that Spurs won, that first goal completely changed the game, and Defoe is on rampant form. AVB made a great point about Bale, yes he's getting a reputation, but in the past players have made bad/tough challenges on him (with intent too; I'm mainly thinking of that mad cunt Adam. Will never forgive him for those two terrible challenges he's made on Bale - both times taking him out of action).

I can't blame a player for going down easy when you have glass ankles, better to get a card then fuck your ankle again (I realise this goes completely against my moans about Bale in previous weeks, but AVB's point has really stuck in my mind).

Edit- ADAM, not Adams :p
    Glad that MOTD and Goals on sunday (im watching GOS - ITS SHIT. missed MOTD last night) actualyl stuck up for bale yesterday. If bale doesn;t go over sidwell properly fucks up bales legs. He went down a bit OTT, but it was clearly a foul in our favour.

When we were in the CL a few seasons back, we were taught a lesson, particualry from Real Madrid. They were so clever in winning the soft fouls, and dives against us which cost us goals. The likes of Milan, Inter were good at it too. From then on, yeah we have looked for fouls alot more than we ever did, but bale was fouled yesterday.

Suarez should have had a pen too.
  • kalel 2 Dec 2012 12:05:25 86,331 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bale is paying the price for diving in other games, and generally being too theatrical. Hopefully he leans from all this.
  • liamthemaster 2 Dec 2012 12:10:18 1,557 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    most players dive it's just Suarez and bale have terrible technique
  • mcmonkeyplc 2 Dec 2012 12:39:18 39,384 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So errm no one complaining about Lindegarde being shit yet?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• THFourteen 2 Dec 2012 12:44:30 32,857 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lady garden.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 2 Dec 2012 12:53:01 6,654 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've treated myself to a few lagers; fookin Norwich versus Sunderland, I'll need every last drop.
  • mikew1985 2 Dec 2012 14:04:45 12,589 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    So errm no one complaining about Lindegarde being shit yet?
    Me, was my first post yesterday.
  • Lamb 2 Dec 2012 14:04:48 472 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cut Rafa some slack we may not win anything but the guys is a human being too. Yes he said some things but you would say them too in defense of your club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2241776/Rafa-Benitez-pictured-train-Liverpool-Chelsea-defeat-West-Ham.html

We should reflect why we are doing so poorly number one reason no Drogba, Cole and Lampard are being phased out, JT is injured, need disciplinarians to get the best out of the players in this cold winter. Also which team does not want to beat the Champions of Europe, the other teams are all up for the challenge. Remedy this by putting the leaders like Cole & Lampard back in.
  • oceanmotion 2 Dec 2012 14:23:19 15,650 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought Chelsea were very unlucky not to win that game.

Defence is weak and lack of good front man is all I think is wrong. They have plenty of talent.

They need to break the old boys club and move on. Their time is up, only delaying the process of improving. Rafa obviously isn't who they have in mind but should suffice until the end of the season just like Roberto would have been but it's done.
  • Dougs 2 Dec 2012 15:01:01 66,653 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Tricky one. The guy is obviously a fantastic manager, but they seem to do slightly worse each season these days. Thought the summer buys this year would reverse the trend but so far it hasn't seemed to. Wenger wont carry on much longer anyway, so maybe it is the time to start considering other options.
    Think we're suffering thus year from too much change to our attacking options, meaning they are taking time to gel properly. It will come imo, we just have to hang on in there till it does. Tough times for sure but it's do tight things can change quickly. As your results have shown.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 2 Dec 2012 15:05:49 9,711 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Bale is paying the price for diving in other games, and generally being too theatrical. Hopefully he leans from all this.
    As long as he stops leaning horizontally, he'll be fine.
  • kentmonkey 2 Dec 2012 17:19:14 20,439 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Peter Hill Wood is recovering in hospital after suffering a heart attack.

The heart attack happened on Friday. First time he's been one step ahead of the supporters in years.
  • The-Bodybuilder 2 Dec 2012 17:29:57 14,057 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's in very bad taste KM.
    still loled
  • caligari 2 Dec 2012 21:13:24 16,989 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Another good win for Norwich - 8 unbeaten.

/crosses fingers and hopes for mid-table obscurity
  • CharlieStCloud 2 Dec 2012 21:18:02 5,054 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    Another good win for Norwich - 8 unbeaten.

/crosses fingers and hopes for mid-table obscurity
    ... and we are doing much better too!
  • Dougs 3 Dec 2012 07:50:35 66,653 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For those who enjoyed my mate's work, here's his Latest illustration on Chelsea.

http://thesunshineroom.com/2012/12/03/rafa-takes-the-call/
  • Trowel 3 Dec 2012 07:51:08 17,429 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gibsinho:

http://i.minus.com/ibzDMc7oVnuo8P.gif
  • Dougs 3 Dec 2012 07:56:37 66,653 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice!
  • THFourteen 3 Dec 2012 08:27:23 32,857 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    More like Gervinho.

Oh and noooooooooo not fat Frank :-(
  • Ka-blamo 3 Dec 2012 09:05:28 7,288 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Gibsinho:

Sick :) Nasri really wanted to handball there :)
  • kalel 3 Dec 2012 09:11:02 86,331 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Think we're suffering thus year from too much change to our attacking options, meaning they are taking time to gel properly. It will come imo, we just have to hang on in there till it does. Tough times for sure but it's do tight things can change quickly. As your results have shown.
    Well, it's the same every season isn't it? You always lose a couple of key players.

I'm not saying disaster is imminent, and I've been saying you'd be mad to get rid of Wenger for years now, but I'm starting to wonderYou'll never do him the diservice of a mid-season sacking, but I really wouldn't be surprised if this was his last season.
  • nickthegun 3 Dec 2012 09:24:28 58,782 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think, to be perfectly honest, after watching Man U on saturday, Arsenal would have been in exactly the same position last year, maybe even the year before had RVP been sold earlier.

His godlike skillz papered over a *lot* of cracks and I think its a worse loss than fabregas or nasri combined.

Its probably why fergie bought him. With RVP in your team, the rest can be as shit as they like.

Edited by nickthegun at 09:25:12 03-12-2012

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• mikeck 3 Dec 2012 09:55:57 1,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was directed to this image today, made me chuckle.

Nevermind, can't work out how to embed it.

Fail.

Edited by mikeck at 09:56:52 03-12-2012
  • FWB 3 Dec 2012 10:19:32 43,806 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Gibsinho:

It really is a joy to watch us at the moment.

Now if only we could bury just 20% of the chances we create we'd be top. :(
  • roz123 3 Dec 2012 10:26:52 7,112 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Torres making Rafa his dinner

• kalel 3 Dec 2012 10:28:22 86,331 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How you feeling about all things Chelsea then roz?
  • Page

of 5249 First / Last