The all-new Premier League thread Page 4438

• Page

of 5658 First / Last

• nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 10:49:34 61,288 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be fair, he has completely recanted that (for whatever reason) and is actually quite a good example of how a persons beliefs can be reshaped through education.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Dougs 3 Jan 2014 10:51:02 69,484 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you believe that of course....it's more a reflection on the recruitment process than anything. Seems he was brought in to advise on racism, but the FA didn't bother to check what his (previous or otherwise) views were on anything else Equality-related...
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 14:11:20 61,288 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We are the everton of the champtionship:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25560530

• Dougs 3 Jan 2014 14:43:11 69,484 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nice.

PL say Clattenberg has no case to answer. Apparently, Clattenburg said to Lallana: “You’re very different now since you played for England. You never used to be like this.”
  • morriss 3 Jan 2014 14:47:58 71,286 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    With Ade back on awesome form I'd be very hesitant to rock that boat. Soldado will come good, even if ots next season. Berba can go to Arsenal for me. The media make a big fuss whence has a good game, but ignore what a rarity it is these days.
    I'd only want him as backup. We need another if Soldado or Ade are injured, innit.
  • TheSaint 3 Jan 2014 14:50:42 14,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure why we reported that. Lallana would have been better off using it as a setup to comment on how maybe he has changed but Clattenburg is still as shit as ever. At least the yellow would have been worth it then.
  • Dougs 3 Jan 2014 14:54:18 69,484 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I assume there was some industrial language in the middle of all that.
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 14:57:22 61,288 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You would think so because thats a bit of a bitch move otherwise.

• TheSaint 3 Jan 2014 15:02:37 14,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's probably just an attempt to keep him away from our games for a while.

He's given two dodgy penalties against us recently (Norwich last season and Arsenal in November) and failed to award a stonewall handball against Everton despite admitting he'd seen it (which is what Lallana was protesting when this is meant to have taken place).
  • Dougs 3 Jan 2014 15:03:32 69,484 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, read like that, he sounds very petty and catty.
  • Mr_Sleep 3 Jan 2014 15:06:28 17,366 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Ouch! I See Kozak has broken his leg in training. Villa never seem to have any luck.
    So Benteke isn't firing and our other target man is now ducked. Amazing. Our injuries this season have been at just the wrong times and to important players.

You are a factory of sadness.

• faux-C 3 Jan 2014 15:27:27 9,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Nice.

PL say Clattenberg has no case to answer. Apparently, Clattenburg said to Lallana: “You’re very different now since you played for England. You never used to be like this.”
    Clattenberg should be disciplined for that if it's true. Refs are supposed to be judging actions on the pitch, not making comments on players' personalities. It's exactly the sort of issue that leads to refs making incorrect decisions based on "context" instead of just following the rules of the game at all times - like not giving a red card in the first few minutes of a game.
  • Deleted user 3 January 2014 15:30:22
    I dunno, I hate all these efforts to dehumanise the game and remove all common sense. I have nothing but sympathy for refs. Impossible job and players are all a bunch of childish twats.
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 15:31:21 61,288 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, its why im not hugely keen on all this mic-ing up the refs. Just let them get on with it, ffs.

• Syrette 3 Jan 2014 15:38:06 44,208 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Ouch! I See Kozak has broken his leg in training. Villa never seem to have any luck.
    So Benteke isn't firing and our other target man is now ducked. Amazing. Our injuries this season have been at just the wrong times and to important players.
    With Okore, isn't that a good £12m of talent unfortunately lost to season-long injuries?

Very unlucky. On the other hand, you can't say that Lambert hasn't been somewhat decently supported in the transfer market.

• THFourteen 3 Jan 2014 16:00:47 34,467 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Nice.

Clattenberg should be disciplined for that if it's true. Refs are supposed to be judging actions on the pitch, not making comments on players' personalities. It's exactly the sort of issue that leads to refs making incorrect decisions based on "context" instead of just following the rules of the game at all times - like not giving a red card in the first few minutes of a game.
    Nah thats bollocks.

if i was a premier league referee I would book Suarez twice in the first minute of every game.

Once for each tooth
  • TheSaint 3 Jan 2014 16:04:39 14,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The simple solution is to give teams three video challenges per game and implement harsher punishment for arguing. If you believe you have a case then use a challenge it wouldn't waste any more time than arguing.
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 16:06:18 61,288 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Six video challenges per game is not what I would call a 'simple solution'.

• TheSaint 3 Jan 2014 16:07:41 14,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seems to work in every other major sport.
  • imamazed 3 Jan 2014 16:07:50 5,953 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zero tolerance is what we need.

As soon as any footballer has anything derogatory to say about a ref, they're sentenced to having a bath with Carlton Palmer.
  • Mr_Sleep 3 Jan 2014 16:10:13 17,366 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:
    With Okore, isn't that a good £12m of talent unfortunately lost to season-long injuries?

Very unlucky. On the other hand, you can't say that Lambert hasn't been somewhat decently supported in the transfer market.
    Yeah, something like that. The worst part of this one is that it was a training injury.

Compared to every other club I would say the spending has been weaker, if not in purchase then in wages.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 16:10:48 03-01-2014

You are a factory of sadness.

• reddevil93 3 Jan 2014 16:26:29 12,061 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Young out with an injured shoulder following Lloris' tackle. However that wasn't given as a penalty I have no idea. Ref staring straight at it, late challenge, nowhere near the ball, as bad as the Eto'o one on Torres really. Only for the fact it was a GK making the challenge that's given every day of the week.

• FWB 3 Jan 2014 16:27:18 45,580 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Book players for surrounding the ref. Only the captain can speak to them.

Retrospective punishment for diving. Yellow if it was anywhere but the area. That goes for each incident. Red if it was in the area. I don't want to put pressure on the ref, cos it's sometimes bloody difficult for them to decide.

Suarez well never play again  and that's what we all really want.

Edited by FWB at 16:30:07 03-01-2014
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 16:27:36 61,288 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Young out with an injured shoulder following Lloris' tackle. However that wasn't given as a penalty I have no idea.
    I do. Young is a cunt. He wouldnt have been awarded that had Lloris picked him up and gorilla press slammed him into the penalty spot.

• FWB 3 Jan 2014 16:28:24 45,580 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Young out with an injured shoulder following Lloris' tackle. However that wasn't given as a penalty I have no idea. Ref staring straight at it, late challenge, nowhere near the ball, as bad as the Eto'o one on Torres really. Only for the fact it was a GK making the challenge that's given every day of the week.
    Lloris has gotten away so much. It's got to catch up with him at some point.

Although that one was a clear foul, Young is a diver, so karma and all.

Edited by FWB at 16:29:48 03-01-2014
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 16:30:02 61,288 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Seems to work in every other major sport.
    Because most of them have natural pauses in their passages of play. Football does need video challenges, much less six per game.

It doesnt even need goal line technology but there you go..

• reddevil93 3 Jan 2014 16:32:52 12,061 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Young out with an injured shoulder following Lloris' tackle. However that wasn't given as a penalty I have no idea.
    I do. Young is a cunt. He wouldnt have been awarded that had Lloris picked him up and gorilla press slammed him into the penalty spot.
    Ha, that's fair enough and he has brought it on himself. Someone was making the point on twitter regarding the diving culture that's creeped in this season amongst the players that either Moyes hasn't stamped down on it like he alluded to doing or that the players haven't listened to him regarding it, but that either way it's very concerning.

@FWB
    Completely agree, all this shite about him being this excellent sweeper keeper when he's already cost them goals from his antics and has been extremely lucky not to be the cause of more. Most overrated keeper in the league for me.

• TheSaint 3 Jan 2014 16:35:16 14,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Football has loads of natural pauses especially after a major incident. Isn't the ball only in play for something like 60 of the 90mins on average?
  • Deleted user 3 January 2014 16:37:34
    If that's true, wow.
  • Deleted user 3 January 2014 16:40:12
    The pen wasn't given because Young completed his cross before being fouled. Even though anywhere else in the pitch it's a foul, they tend not to give them as pens. It's always been the case, it's just only a massive deal when it happen to Man U and they lose.

Edited by kalel at 16:41:10 03-01-2014
  • Page

of 5658 First / Last