The all-new Premier League thread Page 4226

• Page

of 5618 First / Last

• Tom_Servo 26 Oct 2013 23:35:19 18,083 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    The goals conceded stat for Southampton is astonishing.
    I think it was 23 conceded in 9 games last season!
    26 (or 23) in 10 last season versus 3 in 10 this season, I think it was. Woof.
  • JiveHound 26 Oct 2013 23:37:37 2,668 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    Mauricio! Learn some Ingles papi! Speedy Gonzales even had it, and he was a mexican rat for fuck sake.
    You think he can't speak any English? I like to think of it as a nice pre-emptive 'fuck you' to the press.
    Apparently his English is actually pretty good. Just not confident yet to do the media thing.

I prefer your take though.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• JiveHound 26 Oct 2013 23:39:09 2,668 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    The goals conceded stat for Southampton is astonishing.
    I think it was 23 conceded in 9 games last season!
    26 (or 23) in 10 last season versus 3 in 10 this season, I think it was. Woof.
    Arsenal coming up. That will test the defense. Then again theirs is pretty ropey by all accounts so who knows?

• President_Weasel 26 Oct 2013 23:48:44 9,599 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    I think I hate Alan Hansen, and ic never felt that way for anyone.

How ca he say "never ever" on even the remote possibility that we can win the league? Then goes all te way to 2010 and villa a few months back as example of why our defending will never improve?

Really want us to win it this season especially, as it's his last. Really want to see his smug face admit he was wrong before fucking off into obscurity.
    Ah come on, he's already had his "won't win anything with kids" moment.
  • The-Bodybuilder 27 Oct 2013 00:14:33 14,392 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:

How ca he say "never ever" on even the remote possibility that we can win the league? Then goes all te way to 2010 and villa a few months back as example of why our defending will never improve?

Really want us to win it this season especially, as it's his last. Really want to see his smug face admit he was wrong before fucking off into obscurity.
    Ah come on, he's already had his "won't win anything with kids" moment.
    Yeah but even that had some kind of logic.
    We're not even a team of kids anymore, but his argument is intangible and just consists of "because they're arsenal".

Just want him to go away whilst being humbled.
    Mind you I hope he doesn't get replaced by Savage, unless it's the Macho Man variety.
  • RichieTenenbaum 27 Oct 2013 00:20:29 2,226 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    On the other hand I DO think Arsenal are a bit too lightweight to win the league.
  • The-Bodybuilder 27 Oct 2013 00:50:05 14,392 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well at least you have logical and rational reason.
  • nickthegun 27 Oct 2013 07:25:22 61,039 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its wonderful to see old trafford celebrating a late winner against stoke like they have just won the champions league.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• robc84 27 Oct 2013 07:26:18 5,975 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:

He was in particularly fine form last night.

I liked his patronising looks at savage when he made the reasonable point that sturridge and suarez were currently a better partnership than rooney and rvp. And yes arsenal are not favs for the title but they are top and you have to say they are in with a chance.
  • THFourteen 27 Oct 2013 08:53:28 34,223 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well he's probably right. We haven't played any tough games part from spurs at home. If we are top by Christmas then maybe, but it's unlikely.

We will know more in two weeks time at the least.

iirc our record against the top teams the last few years has been poor.
  • robc84 27 Oct 2013 08:58:17 5,975 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    True. But to rule you out completely at this stage is just stupid. You cant really rule out any of the top teams at this point.
  • THFourteen 27 Oct 2013 09:01:52 34,223 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can rule out Southampton, Everton and Liverpool
  • Orange 27 Oct 2013 09:02:22 4,864 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Depends on January window.
  • mcmonkeyplc 27 Oct 2013 09:11:52 39,515 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its wonderful to see old trafford celebrating a late winner against stoke like they have just won the champions league.
    It is isn't it. Such joy in the face of mediocrity. It takes time to adapt to mediocrity.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• robc84 27 Oct 2013 09:23:42 5,975 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    What I mean is the traditional top teams. Arsenal, chelsea, city. Possibly even liverpool spurs and utd to be in the mix too.
  • THFourteen 27 Oct 2013 09:51:55 34,223 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    It is isn't it. Such joy in the face of mediocrity. It takes time to adapt to mediocrity.
    About 8 years IIRC
  • President_Weasel 27 Oct 2013 10:23:58 9,599 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:

He was in particularly fine form last night.

I liked his patronising looks at savage when he made the reasonable point that sturridge and suarez were currently a better partnership than rooney and rvp. And yes arsenal are not favs for the title but they are top and you have to say they are in with a chance.
    They are probably still a bit lightweight to win the title, I agree with whoever said that a couple of posts up. Their defence is still a bit suspect (I don't know about "never improve" but I'd say Wenger ought to buy a really good defender). They don't really have strength in depth, although it must be said they managed fine without Wilshere and Cazorla. They haven't had to play in a mudbath in a February sleet storm yet, and the demands of a long season are yet to take their toll.
    They're probably not going to win the league - but "probably not" is already a massive improvement from last year.

And it's self evident that Suarez and Sturridge are a better partnership than Rooney and RVP at the moment - one pair is banging in goals and working together, and the other is playing like they met about 20 minutes ago. Whether the individual components are objectively better players is an entirely different question.

Edited by President_Weasel at 10:30:46 27-10-2013
  • RedSparrows 27 Oct 2013 10:41:05 23,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    arials101 wrote:
    Whoever was doing the MOTD commentary for the Liverpool match kept getting confused between Cissokho and Sakho. Managed to convince himself that Sakho was making a marauding run down the left flank early on in the match.
    Yeah, I watched that thinking 'Sakho is running on a bit ain't he?!' Then realised it was Cissokho.

Edited by RedSparrows at 10:41:20 27-10-2013
  • PazJohnMitch 27 Oct 2013 12:27:38 8,612 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In my opinion RVP is a better player than Suarez but Sturridge is better than Rooney.

And Sturridge is the key factor as he is just as happy setting up goals as scoring them. I think you would be hard pressed to find a striker that would not want to be partnered with Sturridge. (Well apart from Torres).
  • THFourteen 27 Oct 2013 12:55:54 34,223 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IMO sturridge is a greedy fucker. He's very Defoey

Edited by THFourteen at 12:56:12 27-10-2013
  • robc84 27 Oct 2013 13:00:50 5,975 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Rvp>suarez>rooney>sturridge imo. When all on top form that is.

But this season sturridge and suarez look far more dangerous. Could all change as the season progresses of course.
  • JiveHound 27 Oct 2013 13:24:43 2,668 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I'd definitely rule out Saints. Would be marvellous though.

• TheMayorOfJugs 27 Oct 2013 13:29:18 4,295 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Is Spurs and Hull on telly anywhere gents? Doesn't seem like Bt, Espn or Setanta have it.
  • mikew1985 27 Oct 2013 13:30:24 12,978 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, should be able to get it on the other usual outlets.
  • Deckard1 27 Oct 2013 13:35:34 29,160 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Uh oh

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• LionheartDJH 27 Oct 2013 13:35:35 19,521 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Newcastlol

She dives for cheese pasties

• spindle9988 27 Oct 2013 13:36:16 3,660 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sturridge and Suarez look like a much happier partnership than Rooney and RVP, which is a big component in my opinion. Sturridge has always been viewed as a bit greedy but his vision has improved ten fold this season
  • Page

of 5618 First / Last