The all-new Premier League thread Page 3995

  • Page

    of 5599 First / Last

  • Syrette 27 Aug 2013 21:33:40 44,059 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Matt in York via 81111: Aaron Ramsey's game is looking more and more like Frank Lampard each time he plays. Great to see the British lads flourishing tonight around the games.
    ~

    What British lads (Ramsey aside)?

  • IMO 27 Aug 2013 21:35:49 5,714 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Am I meant to care how young Scottish players are getting on?
  • LeD 27 Aug 2013 21:38:57 6,314 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    He's not really an Arsenal fan. He's a lifelong LA Galaxy fan.

    And for the record, I am a bit of a twat.
    Well that's nice of you to admit it. Twat ;)
  • JYM60 27 Aug 2013 21:54:48 16,879 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Matt in York via 81111: Aaron Ramsey's game is looking more and more like Frank Lampard each time he plays. Great to see the British lads flourishing tonight around the games.
    ~

    What British lads (Ramsey aside)?
    Gibbs and Walcott set up both goals.

    [8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

  • Blotto 27 Aug 2013 22:03:24 2,777 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Heh
  • LeD 27 Aug 2013 22:07:10 6,314 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    Heh
    Well somebody gotta to learn 'em young 'uns.
  • faux-C 27 Aug 2013 22:25:18 9,514 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gah. Just seen the Sky "deadline day" advert.

    Kill me.
  • oceanmotion 27 Aug 2013 22:26:36 16,079 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Are they selling Jim White ear plugs?
  • Trowel 27 Aug 2013 22:30:28 18,016 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If it helps, on January's deadline day Sky were consistently about 10 mins behind Twitter with all breaking news, as compared via a certain website that was being built at the time by a certain forumite.
  • Dougs 27 Aug 2013 22:41:28 69,004 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't worry, we'll be F5ing it all night!

    There's not a chance Chelsea will sell Mata to us or any other PL team. It's the other down side of being bank rolled, they simply don't have to.
  • Shikasama 27 Aug 2013 23:01:32 7,068 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    If it helps, on January's deadline day Sky were consistently about 10 mins behind Twitter with all breaking news, as compared via a certain website that was being built at the time by a certain forumite.
    10 MINUTES!?

    OUTRAGE!
  • thedaveeyres 27 Aug 2013 23:02:26 11,416 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On transfer deadline day, 10 minutes is a LIFETIME.

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • LionheartDJH 27 Aug 2013 23:04:30 19,513 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's because of all the dramatic super slow-mo shots. Or at least that's the impression that absolutely cringeworthy advert gives. It will be funny if nothing big really happens and they're left scraping the bottom of the barrel for stuff to 'report' on. Like that time in Jan 2009 where the only 'big' story was Keane going back to Spurs.

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • The-Bodybuilder 27 Aug 2013 23:09:04 14,377 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Yes I'm sure the poverty-stricken South America has the same commercial opportunity as North America and Europe.
    Also, of the SA countries, the one with by far the biggest commercial opportunity is Brazil...and Messi isn't the popular one there Neymar is the name you're looking for.
    Your original point is - essentially - no one outside of Europe would buy into Messi. Which is daft, no matter how far you want to move the goalposts.

    Not really sure what Neymar has to do with it.
    Erm, no.
    My original point, since the topic was about Bale, is that Bale isn't on the same commercial level as either Ronaldo or Messi.
    My second point, talking about looks not being that important to commercial deals, is that Ronaldo has the BROADER appeal, being that he is essentially a handsome bastard. I enforced this point by using the example that even in the "soccer" hating US, Ronaldo is more known due to his media coverage and modelling deals.
    It could be the case that Messi does have the bigger sponsorship, but my point still stands that;
    1. Bale is not in their league
    2. A big part of Ronaldo's commercial success if his looks. In essence, unless Bale is the next Messi, he doesn't have the mainstream commercial appeal and looks of Ronaldo.

    Tbh, I'm not sure exactly what your point was, you're the one who mentioned south America, in fact I didn't even make a point about Europe.

    But thanks for telling me what my point was, even though you got it wrong, clearly.
  • The-Bodybuilder 27 Aug 2013 23:17:03 14,377 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Shikasama wrote:
    Looking forward to the Arsenal Spurs game. I thought Tottenham played some really impressive football against Swansea, especially with how quickly Capoue and Paulinho turn defense into attack.

    They're going to have to remember how to score from open play though.
    Unless we manage to pull off a couple of signings, "we just need a creative player" is going to be the new "we just need a striker".

    There's literally nobody that can pick a pass beyond the basics, and really we're just trying to score through energy and tenacity, which will work to a degree, but it's going to be a lot of goalmouth scuffly type goals.

    We should sign that Willian chap.

    As for the Arsenal game, I'd go with the home side as I think we more or less cancel each other out in most respects. As long as it's not a 5-2 I'm not too bothered with a loss.
    What about Holtby, Dembele and Sig?
  • mikew1985 27 Aug 2013 23:22:13 12,966 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Twitter chatter that United have agreed a fee for Fellaini.

    If true and we can manage to sign another CM will be a pretty decent window.
  • ElNuevo9 27 Aug 2013 23:46:28 13,536 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Daily Mirror are saying we're in for David Luiz.

    These cunts get paid to write this shit, actual real life monies.

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • ElNuevo9 27 Aug 2013 23:47:12 13,536 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Twitter chatter that United have agreed a fee for Fellaini.

    If true and we can manage to sign another CM will be a pretty decent window.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up, we'll end up with Fellaini and nobody else.

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • danathjo 28 Aug 2013 00:12:27 7,469 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you're lucky
  • THFourteen 28 Aug 2013 07:31:38 34,173 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Germany international Ozil would be willing to swap La Liga for the Premier League, but only if the Gunners or Manchester United are prepared to meet his 200,000-a-week pay demands.
    "We can do that. We can do more than that."

    Like fuck Gazidis you cunt.
  • mikew1985 28 Aug 2013 07:50:45 12,966 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Twitter chatter that United have agreed a fee for Fellaini.

    If true and we can manage to sign another CM will be a pretty decent window.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up, we'll end up with Fellaini and nobody else.
    Still a good signing. I don't get the negativity around this one at all.
  • ElNuevo9 28 Aug 2013 08:06:24 13,536 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Because it was painfully obvious that we were going to get Fellaini. So why has it taken until the dying days of the transfer window to get it completed, when it could've been done at the end of June or the start of July and he could've had a pre-season with his new team mates?

    And my flat mate, an Everton season ticket holder, claims he's far more effective used in an advanced role like he has been and is pretty average when used as in a central 2/3. With the wealth of options we have up top, I don't see us playing him further forward like Everton.

    Edited by ElNino9 at 08:06:55 28-08-2013

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • THFourteen 28 Aug 2013 08:07:40 34,173 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wealth of options? Like Lollbeck?
  • Widge Moderator 28 Aug 2013 08:22:19 13,727 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Wealth of options? Like Lollbeck?
    I know. The Metal Gear Solid ! actually appeared above my head when reading that.

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • mikew1985 28 Aug 2013 08:23:50 12,966 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Because it was painfully obvious that we were going to get Fellaini. So why has it taken until the dying days of the transfer window to get it completed, when it could've been done at the end of June or the start of July and he could've had a pre-season with his new team mates?

    And my flat mate, an Everton season ticket holder, claims he's far more effective used in an advanced role like he has been and is pretty average when used as in a central 2/3. With the wealth of options we have up top, I don't see us playing him further forward like Everton.
    His stats tell a different story than what your mate does.
    From what I've seen they were all much better in the season where he played deeper.

    He got a few more goals up there but it's not the role he'll be deployed in.

    Agree we should have gone for him sooner but if he's signed this week I'd be relatively happy. If we manage another if be ecstatic.
  • mikew1985 28 Aug 2013 08:26:04 12,966 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Wealth of options? Like Lollbeck?
    I know. The Metal Gear Solid ! actually appeared above my head when reading that.
    Yea cause Welbeck, Kagawa, Rooney, Nani, Valencia, Young, Biggs and Zaha are all shit.

    Unitedlol.

    Anyway, Fellaini absolutely will not be played there so it's a moot point.

    Edited by mikew1985 at 08:26:56 28-08-2013
  • THFourteen 28 Aug 2013 08:26:51 34,173 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Matt in York via 81111: Aaron Ramsey's game is looking more and more like Frank Lampard each time he plays. Great to see the British lads flourishing tonight around the games.
    ~

    What British lads (Ramsey aside)?
    Gibbs and Walcott set up both goals.
    Wilshire played well too.

    The OC would have played but he's done his ACL.
  • askew 28 Aug 2013 08:34:23 12,525 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    If it helps, on January's deadline day Sky were consistently about 10 mins behind Twitter with all breaking news, as compared via a certain website that was being built at the time by a certain forumite.
    What's that URL - www.footballitk.com?

    (You're welcome ;))
  • Dougs 28 Aug 2013 08:34:34 69,004 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Err, he hasn't done his ACL at all! Strained medial ligaments. Other side of the knee.
  • captbirdseye 28 Aug 2013 08:35:49 5,254 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Guess Utd fans better get used to 'hoof ball' tactics up to Fellaini if he signs :p.
  • Page

    of 5599 First / Last

Log in or register to reply