The all-new Premier League thread Page 3817

  • Page

    of 5247 First / Last

  • kalel 26 Jul 2013 14:05:08 86,261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    If Carrick has as good a season as he did last year and Kagawa shows some form they might not need another midfielder.
    Well, maybe, but then you look at City and Chelsea's central players and you've got to think there's a gap there.

    Quite frankly Spurs are looking to have better central players. I reckon Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele would all get a game at United.
  • mikew1985 26 Jul 2013 14:07:09 12,585 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wouldn't buy into that theory. Kagawa alongside Carrick is not a midfield that could be played against the power of Yaya Toure for example.

    We need something else in midfield for sure, Felliani alone would improve us massively. I agree with Kal though, someone like Dembele or Sandro would probably be first teamers for United.

    Edited by mikew1985 at 14:07:26 26-07-2013
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 26 Jul 2013 14:07:56 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Think Sandro is good.
  • kalel 26 Jul 2013 14:08:59 86,261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just makes out striker situation even more depressing. We have so much potential but we're missing such an important piece.
  • SolidSCB 26 Jul 2013 14:10:16 6,387 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He was brilliant at Dortmund. Was held back a bit last season with injury and being played out of position but definitely showed flashes of brilliance.

    I really hope Moyes plays to his strengths. I can see him being one of those players that turn out to be a world beater elsewhere that we shouldn't have let go otherwise.
  • faux_carnation 26 Jul 2013 14:11:07 9,040 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Just makes out striker situation even more depressing. We have so much potential but we're missing such an important piece.
    Seems to me you're more likely to get Soldado than we are.
  • Steve_Perry 26 Jul 2013 14:11:38 3,518 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    If Carrick has as good a season as he did last year and Kagawa shows some form they might not need another midfielder.
    Well, maybe, but then you look at City and Chelsea's central players and you've got to think there's a gap there.

    Quite frankly Spurs are looking to have better central players. I reckon Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele would all get a game at United.
    I think there is definite room for new blood in those positions and if (when) they lose Rooney they will be seriously short.

    VIVA STEFANSEN

  • kalel 26 Jul 2013 14:16:35 86,261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Just makes out striker situation even more depressing. We have so much potential but we're missing such an important piece.
    Seems to me you're more likely to get Soldado than we are.
    Well, if Suarez goes you'll get him easily, and if he doesn't you still have Suarez, so it's a win/win for you really. Either way you have a good striker.
  • robc84 26 Jul 2013 14:20:04 5,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think we'll struggle to get a striker tbh. Just trying to think who is actually available. I can only think of Soldado, but his asking price is a stumbling block and potentially torres if Rooney goes to Chelsea. But again, transfer fee and wages will be a sticking point.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 26 Jul 2013 14:24:25 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It would be very easy for Levy to make a decision with his heart and go shit or bust for what is essentially one place higher in the league.

    Glad I'm not in his position, I think he's much shrewder than I am.
  • kalel 26 Jul 2013 14:29:08 86,261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There are lots and lots of strikers around. A year ago we didn't know who Michu or Benteke were. We just need to go a little off map.

    Although that said, there are still options in the PL (or Champ even) beyond Torres who might be better and more realistic. Dzeko, Ba and Remy all spring to mind.

    We need to do this FM style. Get a long list together, put it in order of preference, and work your way down with bids until you get someone. Seriously.
  • imamazed 26 Jul 2013 14:31:05 5,520 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dzeko is very under rated and could probably be snapped up for 20 million notes.
  • Deckard1 26 Jul 2013 14:32:36 27,069 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had you's nailed on to buy Remy to be honest. Before he got all rapey.
  • Syrette 26 Jul 2013 14:32:41 43,061 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We (Newcastle) need striker/s more than Spurs do tbh.

    Bad news really, because the more desperate Spurs get, the more likely they are to lower their expectations and go after inferior (to Soldado etc) players such as Gomis who are more our level.

  • robc84 26 Jul 2013 14:38:41 5,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thing is, it tends to be the mid - lower table teams that take a gamble on these players rather than the big clubs. If they turn out to be successful then one of the big clubs come in for them and the other club makes a tidy profit. It has happened to us to certain extent with Modric, Berbs and now Bale, but these all fairly well known / highly rated players when we bought them.

    How much did Hooper go for? I'm surprised we were not in for him. I guess he is the sort of player you are thinking of?

    Dzeko, now there is an interesting one, I wonder if we could pull that off. Remy, I can't see happening not with his court case looming.

    I haven't play FM for a few years so I don't know who the latest wonderkids are...
  • kalel 26 Jul 2013 14:38:54 86,261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Dzeko is very under rated and could probably be snapped up for 20 million notes.
    The problem is that City just seem fairly happy to collect players and loan them out to reduce squad numbers. I guess that the benefit of a limitless pile of money. Santa Cruz has been on their books all this time, and they just let his contract run out this summer.

    So they may well do the same with Dzeko, but he's clearly surplus, and I doubt they see us as competition now so might sell to us. Worth a bid I reckon.
  • THFourteen 26 Jul 2013 14:42:07 32,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Thing is, it tends to be the mid - lower table teams that take a gamble on these players rather than the big clubs.
    Apart from Arsenal.

    We have loads of supposedly talented youngsters, but they dont get much chance in the first team anymore, so we ship them out on loan, and then their contracts run out and they leave.
  • tincanrocket 26 Jul 2013 14:43:07 2,897 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    I think we'll struggle to get a striker tbh. Just trying to think who is actually available. I can only think of Soldado, but his asking price is a stumbling block and potentially torres if Rooney goes to Chelsea. But again, transfer fee and wages will be a sticking point.
    Huntelaar?
  • imamazed 26 Jul 2013 14:43:31 5,520 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I suppose some of it'll depend on whether city buy another striker or not. At the moment it's just Dzeko, Negredo and Aguero. Edin's probably behind the other two in pecking order but if that's all the competition he may well play a bit. Most of the time at city he's been behind Aguero, Balotelli and Tevez.
  • robc84 26 Jul 2013 14:45:35 5,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I guess thats why it makes more sense for the lower teams to buy them as they get more game time. I'm not a fan of this buy young and loan out thing. I know all clubs do it but it just seems wrong.

    I never rated Dzeko when he fist went to City, but then he scored 4 past us at the lane and I changed my mind!
  • robc84 26 Jul 2013 14:46:07 5,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    tincanrocket wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    I think we'll struggle to get a striker tbh. Just trying to think who is actually available. I can only think of Soldado, but his asking price is a stumbling block and potentially torres if Rooney goes to Chelsea. But again, transfer fee and wages will be a sticking point.
    Huntelaar?
    Didn't he sign a new contract not too long ago?
  • THFourteen 26 Jul 2013 14:52:31 32,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    I guess thats why it makes more sense for the lower teams to buy them as they get more game time. I'm not a fan of this buy young and loan out thing. I know all clubs do it but it just seems wrong.

    I never rated Dzeko when he fist went to City, but then he scored 4 past us at the lane and I changed my mind!
    For every Fabregas you uncover, there are a hundred Denilsons and Bendtners that you have to pay for and ship out on frees.
  • robc84 26 Jul 2013 14:56:54 5,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    I guess thats why it makes more sense for the lower teams to buy them as they get more game time. I'm not a fan of this buy young and loan out thing. I know all clubs do it but it just seems wrong.

    I never rated Dzeko when he fist went to City, but then he scored 4 past us at the lane and I changed my mind!
    For every Fabregas you uncover, there are a hundred Denilsons and Bendtners that you have to pay for and ship out on frees.
    I thought Bendtner was the best striker in the world?
  • tincanrocket 26 Jul 2013 14:59:31 2,897 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    tincanrocket wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    I think we'll struggle to get a striker tbh. Just trying to think who is actually available. I can only think of Soldado, but his asking price is a stumbling block and potentially torres if Rooney goes to Chelsea. But again, transfer fee and wages will be a sticking point.
    Huntelaar?
    Didn't he sign a new contract not too long ago?
    Believe he did, for all that counts for these days ;) He (or his agent, probably) does keep making noises about wanting to play in the EPL.

    My FM striker tip would be Katlego Mphela, striker from South Africa - was quite a cheap signing for me in my last game and was awesome.
  • robc84 26 Jul 2013 15:05:07 5,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    True, but usually when a player signs a contract it usually means they are staying for at least another year. May be worth a punt either way though. They can only say no!

    Question is, is he another Bakayoko? ;-)

    Edit: The FM guy not Huntelaar!

    Edited by robc84 at 15:10:06 26-07-2013
  • kalel 26 Jul 2013 15:06:44 86,261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    I suppose some of it'll depend on whether city buy another striker or not. At the moment it's just Dzeko, Negredo and Aguero. Edin's probably behind the other two in pecking order but if that's all the competition he may well play a bit. Most of the time at city he's been behind Aguero, Balotelli and Tevez.
    They signed Jovetic as well.
  • imamazed 26 Jul 2013 15:07:26 5,520 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah yes, of course. I suppose he's more of an AMC than a striker, but the way city play I suppose it'll limit his chances as well. We'll see I guess.
  • Mr_Sleep 26 Jul 2013 16:16:02 16,838 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    Thing is, it tends to be the mid - lower table teams that take a gamble on these players rather than the big clubs.
    Apart from Arsenal.

    We have loads of supposedly talented youngsters, but they dont get much chance in the first team anymore, so we ship them out on loan, and then their contracts run out and they leave.
    Yeah, I am intrigued to see what happens to the promising young player you nabbed from us for a pittance.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • oceanmotion 26 Jul 2013 17:54:16 15,647 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally the never going to happen Fabregas transfer is over.
  • THFourteen 26 Jul 2013 18:55:03 32,856 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    Thing is, it tends to be the mid - lower table teams that take a gamble on these players rather than the big clubs.
    Apart from Arsenal.

    We have loads of supposedly talented youngsters, but they dont get much chance in the first team anymore, so we ship them out on loan, and then their contracts run out and they leave.
    Yeah, I am intrigued to see what happens to the promising young player you nabbed from us for a pittance.
    Crowley?

    He'll play in the reserves for a few years before going on loan, and then leaving on a free to a mid table or championship team.
  • Page

    of 5247 First / Last

Log in or register to reply