The all-new Premier League thread Page 3782

• Page

of 5470 First / Last

• mikew1985 18 Jul 2013 08:42:27 12,741 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a silly comment, Modric has obviously proved himself more consistently in the PL as well.

I say this as someone who is a massive Kagawa fan and I think he will have a great year this year but Modric plays a different role and is certainly a more reliable midfield linchpin than Kaggers would be - given it's not his position.

Edited by mikew1985 at 08:42:46 18-07-2013
  • Shikasama 18 Jul 2013 08:54:41 6,835 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Was reading an interesting thing about how Utd have never really been the destination for world stars in their prime and how they have never really seriously targeted those players.

Instead they buy the best of the Premiership, so Baines and Fellaini would fit the Utd transfer policy quite well.

Of course it'll be billed as another MOYES OUT! angle.
  • Orange 18 Jul 2013 08:59:27 4,802 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not a surprise to see all those United after player xxx stories pop up now, anything to get Rooney off the back page. I'm sure Ollie Holt in particular will be rewarded with some exclusive interviews and stories down the line.
  • captbirdseye 18 Jul 2013 09:05:38 4,981 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seems us and Spurs are fighting for Nelson Oliveria.
  • mikew1985 18 Jul 2013 09:10:06 12,741 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Was reading an interesting thing about how Utd have never really been the destination for world stars in their prime and how they have never really seriously targeted those players.

Instead they buy the best of the Premiership, so Baines and Fellaini would fit the Utd transfer policy quite well.

Of course it'll be billed as another MOYES OUT! angle.
    Conversly under SAF signing Baines and Fellaini would be seen as good summer business.

Personally if we only sign those two I'd consider the squad improved quite a bit.

Of course I'd love to see that marquee signing but those two are excelletn players and complaining about "only" signing them would be more than a little spoiled brat esque.
  • nickthegun 18 Jul 2013 09:13:07 59,937 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has higuain signed for anyone yet?

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Jul 2013 09:14:00 39,457 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    I've said it all summer, but we'll end up with Baines and Fellaini. Thiago was potentially a goer until Pep stepped in, then we had no chance.

Don't get your hopes up about anyone else other than those two. You'll only be dissapointed. Not bad players at all and they're proven in the Premier League. Not signings to make Europe sit up and take notice, though.
    We've never been about the individual though, united has always been more than the sum of our parts. At least under Lord Ferguson. Everton have been similar under Moyes.

I'd be pleased with Baines and Fellaini to be honest. Cesc would be nice but as you say I'm not getting my hopes up.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Jul 2013 09:15:22 39,457 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If we do sell the fat one (the white scouse fatty) then we'll need to replace him.

• mikew1985 18 Jul 2013 09:18:27 12,741 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ando is a loveable fatty so we don't refer to him in such a harsh term as "the fat one". It's always chubster, fatty or some such other term born of admiration for his blatant lack of professionalism :)
  • vijay_UK 18 Jul 2013 09:21:14 2,149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    Seems us and Spurs are fighting for Nelson Oliveria.
    I'm gonna go all Benoit on this one and say I've never heard of him
  • graysonavich 18 Jul 2013 09:21:26 7,353 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    I've said it all summer, but we'll end up with Baines and Fellaini. Thiago was potentially a goer until Pep stepped in, then we had no chance.

Don't get your hopes up about anyone else other than those two. You'll only be dissapointed. Not bad players at all and they're proven in the Premier League. Not signings to make Europe sit up and take notice, though.
    Amazing
  • vijay_UK 18 Jul 2013 09:23:24 2,149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mikew1985

If Rooney is sold that should free up Kagawa to show us all why he is so highly rated. No excuses now.
  • captbirdseye 18 Jul 2013 09:27:16 4,981 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @vijay_UK 21 forward for Benfica who has fallen out with the manager and has been told he can leave on loan. His record is pretty poor tbh and no idea why Spurs would be interested in him.
  • nickthegun 18 Jul 2013 09:30:40 59,937 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:

Amazing
    I wish we could sign average players like that.

• vijay_UK 18 Jul 2013 09:34:18 2,149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    captbirdseye wrote:
    @vijay_UK 21 forward for Benfica who has fallen out with the manager and has been told he can leave on loan. His record is pretty poor tbh and no idea why Spurs would be interested in him.
    I wouldn't worry too much, probably just paper talk like the Rooney thing.

Palace will still beat you first game - it's on Sunday so should make it more nerve racking with the extra build up and you're expected to win.
  • captbirdseye 18 Jul 2013 09:37:00 4,981 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @vijay_UK There is no way on this earth that Palace will beat us in the first game of the season - Cardiff fan ;p.
  • graysonavich 18 Jul 2013 09:37:52 7,353 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    End up with a combined 337 apps and 11 years experience with the new manager, but they won't sell any sticker books so fuck 'em.
  • mcmonkeyplc 18 Jul 2013 09:38:17 39,457 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @vijay_UK Didn't think of that! That would be pretty awesome.

Sell the fat one! Put him a stew! Sell the fat one!

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Jul 2013 09:40:32 39,457 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    graysonavich wrote:
    ElNino9 wrote:

Amazing
    I wish we could sign average players like that.
    I don't think he said average. They're not signings to make the rest of Europe take note. Then again nor were Solskjaer or Hernandez. We've never had a team of superstars anyway.

• MadCaddy13 18 Jul 2013 09:41:37 1,924 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So what's going on with Cisse? Papers are saying its a deal breaker and he's in his way out
  • mikew1985 18 Jul 2013 09:42:41 12,741 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not true, we just buy most of them just prior to super stardom or they come up from the academy.
  • nickthegun 18 Jul 2013 09:43:02 59,937 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not every player can be a 50m forward. Of the unimportant parts of the squad like defenders and midfield, they are as good as anyone, so I think you may be surprised as to what a statement that makes.

• nickthegun 18 Jul 2013 09:44:28 59,937 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    So what's going on with Cisse? Papers are saying its a deal breaker and he's in his way out
    Hes finally chucked his taqiyah out of the pram about the Wonga deal because it goes against his islamic principles.

• imamazed 18 Jul 2013 09:46:59 5,620 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What I don't understand about Pappiss is... He said he'd be fine if he could wear a shirt with no branding. He'd still be playing with for a whole team visibly supporting the money-lending geriatrics at wonga or wherever.

I just think he wants out...
  • mcmonkeyplc 18 Jul 2013 09:49:52 39,457 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Not true, we just buy most of them just prior to super stardom or they come up from the academy.
    That's what I was saying. Although I suppose I should have specified they become "stars" later.

• President_Weasel 18 Jul 2013 09:49:56 9,313 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    What I don't understand about Pappiss is... He said he'd be fine if he could wear a shirt with no branding. He'd still be playing with for a whole team visibly supporting the money-lending geriatrics at wonga or wherever.

Really? You don't see the difference between personally advertising money lenders, and not personally advertising money lenders?
  • graysonavich 18 Jul 2013 09:51:02 7,353 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I heard the "we dont sign superstars" thing from United a lot this week (not just on here). I'd love some young upstart to fact check this, but I'm pretty sure United hold the record for highest signings in each position.
  • mikew1985 18 Jul 2013 09:51:05 12,741 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Club can't allow one player to do that, sponsors are paying top dollar for full exposure not 10/11 exposure.

When you factor in that he's the most likely goal scorer its even more important to both club and sponsor that he wear the brand on his shirt.
  • Inertia 18 Jul 2013 09:53:28 677 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @President_Weasel

Maybe he should take a wage cut, on principle, if some of that money helps pay his wages.
  • imamazed 18 Jul 2013 09:53:53 5,620 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    imamazed wrote:

Really? You don't see the difference between personally advertising money lenders, and not personally advertising money lenders?
    I see the difference, I just don't see why either would be OK.
  • Page

of 5470 First / Last