The all-new Premier League thread Page 3591

  • Page

    of 4943 First / Last

  • President_Weasel 14 May 2013 00:05:24 8,604 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    28m compensation apparently.
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
  • The-Bodybuilder 14 May 2013 00:09:21 13,635 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I too am in the agreement that Mancini deserved it.
    He seems happy to blame anyone but himself. Of you didn't win because they didn't get you RVP? Not easy getting a player who doesn't wanna come, maybe those 4 other 200k per week strikers you asked for should suffice. Oh yeah, you sold Balotelli, who wanted him again and remained with whilst having public spats?

    Speaking of public spats, publicly blaming your best players such as Hart and Kompany isn't a smart idea either. Neither is it smart to do it with Nasri, especially as you're the mug who demanded him, willing to fork out 22mil for a 4 month purple patch.

    And according to reports, Garcia, Maicon and even Sinclair were all his choices, even though they were board reservations about all 3, yet he just wants more money and zero interest in bringing through academy players. And you still play Barry.

    As for City shifting all their turds? Good luck finding buyers of such players on high wages. I'm guessing half will end up at Spurs (all the former arsenal players).
  • The-Bodybuilder 14 May 2013 00:10:36 13,635 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Rather take Villa than Higuain. Age aside. Higuain isn'tn as good a finisher imo.
    Higuain has the 4th highest conversion rate in all of Europe, right after some French dude, messi and Falcao?
    Gervinho has the highest conversion rate, surely. He's booted a lot of his shots over the bar this ye...oh. Oh. Sorry, wrong conversion.
    Wrong sport. Would do well in rugby.
  • caligari 14 May 2013 01:18:17 16,831 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think it all went wrong when he sold De Jong.

    Yes, I like to rap.
  • Ka-blamo 14 May 2013 02:19:56 7,110 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
  • RightBean 14 May 2013 02:42:36 607 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm not sure he deserved it. If he dsereved it, what about Arsenal, what about all the other clubs below him. Only Man Utd and Wigan have won anything.. Wigan were lucky with a last minute goal, and it seems targets shmargets, Mancini would probably have his job otherwise. It's bull
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 14 May 2013 06:17:21 6,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:

    Higuain has the 4th highest conversion rate in all of Europe, right after some French dude, messi and Falcao?
    Didn't know that. Although a couple of points, Higuain doesn't start or finish particularly often and Villa has been out with a broken leg. Before the break he was imo the best centre forward in the world.

    Also, how many chances did Higuain get into the correct position for, there is a number of ways your statistic can be skewed.

    Edited by bitch_tits_zero_nine at 06:19:09 14-05-2013
  • THFourteen 14 May 2013 06:26:40 31,847 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RightBean wrote:
    I'm not sure he deserved it. If he dsereved it, what about Arsenal, what about all the other clubs below him. Only Man Utd and Wigan have won anything.. Wigan were lucky with a last minute goal, and it seems targets shmargets, Mancini would probably have his job otherwise. It's bull
    The other clubs below him didnt spend 400m on players and then fail to deliver!

    Surely you're not serious.

    Besides this is the sort of club city are now, like Chelsea.
  • King_Edward 14 May 2013 07:30:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He's had 3 years tbf. It's not like they booted him at the first sign of trouble.
  • nickthegun 14 May 2013 07:36:57 56,071 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They gave him longer than roman would have. To be honest, if I had pumped that much money into the club I would have given him the shove after their disastrous champions league campaign. That was just embarrassing.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Deleted user 14 May 2013 07:38:57
    THFourteen wrote:
    RightBean wrote:
    I'm not sure he deserved it. If he dsereved it, what about Arsenal, what about all the other clubs below him. Only Man Utd and Wigan have won anything.. Wigan were lucky with a last minute goal, and it seems targets shmargets, Mancini would probably have his job otherwise. It's bull
    The other clubs below him didnt spend 400m on players and then fail to deliver!

    Surely you're not serious.

    Besides this is the sort of club city are now, like Chelsea.
    Considering the amount of cash the owners have pumped into the club from top to bottom, it hardly comes as a surprise. Harsh, maybe, but not surprising in the slightest.

    To my mind the Man City owners are somewhat more astute than Abramovich so I would like to think that managers will be given a slightly more secure tenure at Man City. For the sake of football in general I hope that's the case anyway, I'd hate to see another instance of owners having zero patience and demanding instantaneous success, but that remains to be seen.

    Also, I don't personally feel too much regret about Mancini getting the boot under the current circumstances given the way that he was appointed in the first place.
  • King_Edward 14 May 2013 07:52:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How was he appointed?
  • Deleted user 14 May 2013 07:58:36
    Just the way that mark Hughes was booted out with Mancini having, apparently, having had secret meetings with the owners in the weeks leading up to it.

    Deja vu much? Or maybe just karma :)
  • captbirdseye 14 May 2013 08:13:00 4,386 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sounds like Pellegrini is gonna be forced out of Malaga by the owners.

    Edited by captbirdseye at 08:13:37 14-05-2013
  • Dougs 14 May 2013 08:15:55 64,981 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @BBCSport: Did you know? Mancini's sacking means managers who won 2011-12 Champions League, Prem Lge, FA Cup, Lge Cup & C'ship have all been dismissed"

    Mental
  • DUFFMAN5 14 May 2013 08:21:33 13,831 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    3- 1 to the mighty Gunners tonight, sad to see Wigan go but we need the win and will get the win

    also, thanks to AF fucking off we now have the longest serving manager in the Prem...time for phase 2 Arsene
    " The wonder years 2013 -2020", that will do for a start ;)

    "Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • FWB 14 May 2013 08:25:31 42,074 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hope you win too. If our board has decided it wants Martinez then it would make life a lot easier getting him.
  • Trowel 14 May 2013 08:25:35 16,889 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did you know that Brendan Rodgers is now the 7th longest serving Premier League manager, having only been appointed in June last year? Martinez and Pardew ahead of him too, so that could yet come down.
  • Dougs 14 May 2013 08:26:01 64,981 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All this confidence from Arsenal fans is confusing me. It's like some kind of role reversal.
  • FWB 14 May 2013 08:26:36 42,074 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Did you know that Brendan Rodgers is now the 7th longest serving Premier League manager, having only been appointed in June last year? Martinez and Pardew ahead of him too, so that could yet come down.
    God. We are now one of "them".
  • The-Bodybuilder 14 May 2013 08:52:07 13,635 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:

    Higuain has the 4th highest conversion rate in all of Europe, right after some French dude, messi and Falcao?
    Didn't know that. Although a couple of points, Higuain doesn't start or finish particularly often and Villa has been out with a broken leg. Before the break he was imo the best centre forward in the world.

    Also, how many chances did Higuain get into the correct position for, there is a number of ways your statistic can be skewed.
    Had this debate already with KM.
    Standard statistical analysis would likely conclude that assessing goal-scoring chances over a season over ever single league would surely account for pretty much all their variability.

    The longer and wider the data, the less significance that question of "what type of chances" has. And a whole season plus some 5 or so leagues is a large enough sample.

    Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 08:56:22 14-05-2013
  • robc84 14 May 2013 08:53:38 4,418 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hoping for a draw tonight. A Wigan win would mean Sunderland would need something from their game with us at the weekend, which could make things tricky. Well more tricky anyway.

    I can Arsenal dropping points today then us screwing it all up by losing to Sunderland. Would be typical of Spurs.
  • The-Bodybuilder 14 May 2013 08:55:04 13,635 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Trowel wrote:
    Did you know that Brendan Rodgers is now the 7th longest serving Premier League manager, having only been appointed in June last year? Martinez and Pardew ahead of him too, so that could yet come down.
    God. We are now one of "them".
    Not by choice though.
  • Shikasama 14 May 2013 08:57:57 6,287 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Higuain is mint but I don't see him dropping to a club like Arsenal
  • Fydria 14 May 2013 08:58:47 557 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's been quite a week in Manchester I tell thee! Hoping Wigan get some form a result tonight, I always enjoy the last day when something is on the line, and quite frankly roll on next season too, I can't bloody wait all Summer!!!
  • The-Bodybuilder 14 May 2013 09:02:15 13,635 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Higuain is mint but I don't see him dropping to a club like Arsenal
    That's what they said about Van Der Vart, and even as far back as Bergkamp. The only place is down now, so if we can provide CL football (big if), offer big wages (we can) and tell him we will challenge for title (like how we lied to Cazorla), we have ever chance of getting him.

    We won't, but we have a good chance.
  • Deckard1 14 May 2013 09:13:25 25,524 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm glad that Newcastle are safe now so I can watch the relegation battle without my arsehole chewing on my underpants. C'mon Wigan!

    Called it

  • danathjo 14 May 2013 09:17:47 6,923 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's quite a lovely mental picture you've given me Deckard
  • Commander Keen 14 May 2013 09:29:23 718 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On the 28 Million for Mancini (if that's true) it's probably worth pointing out that there'll be some sort of pro-rata clause in that. Almost no manager gets their full pay-out because to do so, they'd technically be unable to take another contract in the meantime. In other words, if Mancini is willing to be unemployed for the remainder of his contract, then he'll get 28m. If not, you'd expect it to be a lot less than that.

    He clearly wasn't the right guy - personally I never liked him or Hughes. Something particularly pugnacious (in a particularly annoying way) about the two of them which makes it hard to have much sympathy in this situation. The fact that he spunked close to half a billion up the wall and was given every tool in the box (new training facilities, state of the art stadium, etc) and gave such a paltry return on invest means that he can only be considered as a failure, really.

    Nervous about tonight. Can't see Wigan winning. A draw would do, but Arsenal seem to have found their spines, just at the wrong time for us...
  • TheSaint 14 May 2013 09:33:54 13,658 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I would take the 28mil and go and sit on a beach for the next few years.
  • Page

    of 4943 First / Last

Log in or register to reply