of 5374 First / Last

• bantamenace 12 May 2013 19:56:05 73 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Up The Bantams!
  • xuiton 12 May 2013 20:02:51 297 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    the league will be better off without taggart.
  • nickthegun 12 May 2013 20:03:50 59,452 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Up the Batmans!

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• captbirdseye 12 May 2013 20:05:16 4,863 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Malky on MoTD later with Laudrup. Fingers crossed that Malky will deny this Everton bullshit.
  • Trowel 12 May 2013 20:07:52 17,595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Balague has inven... reported that Rooney was offered to Barcelona, who turned the offer down.
  • Syrette 12 May 2013 20:17:35 43,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good news for Arsenal fans:

We got an important result today, he [Pardew] told reporters. I dont really care if Arsenal win 4-0 if Im honest Im sure Spurs will but I only care that our fans enjoy themselves.
    Once again proves himself to be as stupid and illogical with the media as he is with his tactics etc.

• Syrette 12 May 2013 20:19:44 43,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Seeing a few rumours that Benitez will replace Pardew at Newcastle.
    Anywhere credible?

Heard that same thing a couple of weeks back but the source had me quickly writing it off as nonsense.

I'd love Benitez personally. Would be a superb appointment.

• SparkyMarky81 12 May 2013 20:27:01 565 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

We got an important result today, he [Pardew] told reporters. I dont really care if Arsenal win 4-0 if Im honest Im sure Spurs will but I only care that our fans enjoy themselves.
    Once again proves himself to be as stupid and illogical with the media as he is with his tactics etc.
    After the season we have had, he is a fool for saying that. Even if he genuinely thinks that, he shouldn't be stupid enough to admit it.

Fingers crossed we can replace him in the summer. His tactics have been shocking and he isn't getting the best out of the players, so he should go.
  • FWB 12 May 2013 20:35:28 44,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How can someone like that be in the job? Anywhere else - except the civil service - and you'd be out on your arse with that attitude.
  • Syrette 12 May 2013 20:39:38 43,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SparkyMarky81 wrote:
    After the season we have had, he is a fool for saying that. Even if he genuinely thinks that, he shouldn't be stupid enough to admit it.
    I can sort of see where he's coming from - that in the long run it doesn't really matter and that we should just enjoy the relief of securing safety.

But that's an attitude the fans should decide if they have (we might have nothing to play for but I won't enjoy myself if I watch us lose 4-0), it's really not something the manager should be saying. What kind of impression will that give the players? If they read that they're not going to go out and give 100% - why bother, the manager doesn't care.

Spurs should get him charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Edited by Syrette at 20:39:52 12-05-2013

• Syrette 12 May 2013 20:43:09 43,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "I thank God we are not in the Europa League again.
    :mad:

Did he have a bottle of champagne to himself (Redknapp maybe had a few sips on the sly) after the final whistle?

Edited by Syrette at 20:52:48 12-05-2013

• teamHAM 12 May 2013 20:49:15 2,883 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it's fairly obvious that Pardew has to go, or at least half a dozen of the team that played today will be gone.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Syrette 12 May 2013 20:54:46 43,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I can't take another season of defensive hoofball, wasting players of a fairly high calibre.

That said, the players have let themselves down a lot too. Cabaye has been utilised woefully but he's let his game really deteriorate from last season (depression maybe).

• RightBean 12 May 2013 20:57:10 639 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I wonder why Man Utd keep Rooney though. Maybe he has a point, he's not going to get back into form if he can't play. If they don't want to play him perhaps a transfer is sensible. Seems reasonable because, he doesn't want to waste away on the bench. I don't understand how it serves united. Is it just in case the golden boy, persie, twists his ankle? It's a bit selfish really to waste wayne like that, he could have had some more games as their position became secured.
  • The-Bodybuilder 12 May 2013 21:01:17 14,135 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really don't understand what Rooney expected when they got on RVP, after being the one to challenge them on not burying WC players.

Fat knob.
  • teamHAM 12 May 2013 21:02:37 2,883 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    From what I gather there was a meeting planned as soon as our fate was determined. Now we are safe I'd expect that to be in the next few days. Pardew has been slipping things in the local press over the last week or so about our injuries and luck and how it's not his fault, presumably in preparation for his explanation to Ashley and company of why this season panned out the way it did.

I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that Pardew will still be there next season. If he's not however and we got Benitez then I'd be happy, considering it would be the best possible outcome for us at this moment in time.

• Ultrasoundwave 12 May 2013 21:10:06 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    I can't take another season of defensive hoofball, wasting players of a fairly high calibre.

That said, the players have let themselves down a lot too. Cabaye has been utilised woefully but he's let his game really deteriorate from last season (depression maybe).
    If the rumours of training ground bust-ups are true (Sissoko refusing to play for Pardew, etc) then Pardew has to go and must be replaced by someone who rules with an iron fist.

However, if those rumours are just tabloid bullshit, i think Pardew should be given more time, maybe give him the first 5 games of next season to see if he can get the club back on track.

Personally, i wouldnt want Benitez and i dont think he would come to us - in his own opinion, he is one of the top three managers in the world. I personally think he'll spend the entire off-season using the press to put more pressure on Rodgers so he can have his beloved Liverpool job back.

If Pardew messes up those first five games, i'd like to see us go for either Laudrup, Poyet or Zola - three young managers cut from the same cloth who all like good, attacking football and none of them take any bullshit off any of their players.

Will be an interesting summer, not only for us, but all over the Premiership......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Syrette 12 May 2013 21:14:03 43,296 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    From what I gather there was a meeting planned as soon as our fate was determined. Now we are safe I'd expect that to be in the next few days. Pardew has been slipping things in the local press over the last week or so about our injuries and luck and how it's not his fault, presumably in preparation for his explanation to Ashley and company of why this season panned out the way it did.

I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that Pardew will still be there next season. If he's not however and we got Benitez then I'd be happy, considering it would be the best possible outcome for us at this moment in time.
    He's also said he knows his job is very much at risk, to be fair to him. Can't be bothered to dig the quote out now but he sounded pretty understanding of the fact that Ashley might want to get rid.

In the same press conference he also saw fit to publicly criticise Ashley for not spending in the summer, which will have done him the world of good.

• Baihu1983 12 May 2013 21:17:08 3,400 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

Twat.

Flip side, imagine it was the last game and they needed to win and hope we beat Sunderland. How would he feel if AVB said we already have a CL place so who cares about the Sunderland game? Lets just put out a bunch of kids as long as the fans have had fun.

He would be bitching like mad saying its unsportsmanlike and all that crap.

On the flip side i dare say Arsenal would beat them anyways so come on the Wigan.[People writing them off like thy did in the final :-P ]

Edited by Baihu1983 at 21:28:21 12-05-2013
  • morriss 12 May 2013 21:36:05 70,932 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

cunt
  • FWB 12 May 2013 21:42:24 44,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    http://www.cracked.com/article_20409_the-5-most-pathetic-abuses-power-in-sports-history.html

Sorry if old. Particularly like the Chechnya story. So embarrassing.
  • kalel 12 May 2013 22:11:24 86,961 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Fulham do well to be mid table really. A club that get 25k capacity can't seriously expect to compete beyond that.
    Fulham have always been in and around the top division throughout their history; I dont think ground capacity has any bearing on how successful a club should be. Income from attendances is only a small percentage of a clubs revenue; on your theory Newcastle should be a top 3 club.
    Fulham were a bottom division club when Al Fayed bought them, and hadn't been in the top division since the 60s. Had it not been for his money they would have never got near the PL.

And yes, Newcastle have been massive underachievers over the years considering their resources.
  • King_Edward 12 May 2013 22:15:33 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd rather we stick with Pardew now tbh. I know we've had a woeful season, and I know it its at least partially his fault, but I still think last season's achievements buy him a little leeway. If next season starts off in a similar fashion to this one, and there are no signs of improvement then maybe we should seriously start talking about getting rid.
  • El_MUERkO 12 May 2013 22:33:20 16,975 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    two great videos of the watford goal

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8708759/late-drama-at-vicarage-road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hIrFck2sc10
  • FWB 12 May 2013 22:34:51 44,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good to see that Fergie finished with some dodgy decision going his way today. Wellbeck should have been booked for that, not won the foul.
  • Dougs 12 May 2013 22:34:54 67,186 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ashley Williams will fit right in if the rumours are true.
  • TheSaint 12 May 2013 22:38:04 14,303 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seems a bit wrong to have the officials in the guard of honour.
  • FWB 12 May 2013 22:39:42 44,225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They know who their boss is.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit weird too.
  • teamHAM 12 May 2013 22:41:54 2,883 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think the price we will end up paying in the summer window just to see if Pardew suddenly changes his ethos in the first five games of next season is a bit steep if I'm honest.

• RedSparrows 12 May 2013 23:12:51 22,299 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My mum's bf is a Stoke fan, so I find it harder to dislike them, but Pullis talks bollocks ALL THE TIME.
  • Page

of 5374 First / Last