The all-new Premier League thread Page 3475

• Page

of 5618 First / Last

• imamazed 24 Apr 2013 09:55:36 5,900 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    At my junior school the teachers used to settle playground fights with a 'tit-for-tat' mentality. Without any tits.

So for example, if somebody bit somebody and made them cry, they used to hold the biter still and let the person who was bit bite them back. Same with a punch. We did get a little excited once when one kid stamped on another kids head on the playground and made his head bleed, but they seemed to stop short of repeating that one.

Could apply the same logic here. Would be quite amusing to see Bernstein holding Suarez in a headlock while Ivanovic bites him.
    Where the bloody hell did you go to school? In a Guy Ritchie film?
  • kentmonkey 24 Apr 2013 10:01:37 20,872 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Shikasama Heh, no. But it was (and still is really) a fairly nasty, rough place in Kent and this sort of behaviour happened on a repeat basis. So I think they just gave up trying to sort it by the rules and just applied their own. It was quite violent - the science teacher got stabbed multiple times in class with the pointy end of a compass while he tried to batter the kid off with a telephone receiver. And in History you knew that if you weren't listening or were talking that you had to watch out for a flying chalkboard cleaner. They hurt when they hit. A French teacher (in secondary school now, so it didn't improve when you moved on to another school in the area) smashed a blackboard with a chair when the class weren't paying attention to him just to get their attention.

So much of what happened there you couldn't make up. But then tt was over 20 years ago, and I'm sure they wouldn't get away with that approach now.

Still, Luiz Suarez. Bit more off than he could chew this time.
  • spindle9988 24 Apr 2013 10:08:28 3,660 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone know why Defoe got away with it?
  • nickthegun 24 Apr 2013 10:12:39 61,054 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    The ref dealt with it on the pitch and everyone else in the universe put it down to 'a moment of madness' thanks to defoe seeming like a decent chap.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• imamazed 24 Apr 2013 10:13:59 5,900 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    'coz he's a lovable scamp and he's english.

Actually I can't remember the incident; it may have been a lot different anyway.
  • Blaketown 24 Apr 2013 10:22:02 4,908 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He got a Yellow Card and the Yellow Card is sacrosanct. Literally nothing can be done once a Yellow Card has been issued or the very foundations that our universe is built on would begin to crumble.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• spindle9988 24 Apr 2013 10:22:36 3,660 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ahhh. If I was Suarez I would use that in my defence straight away
  • kentmonkey 24 Apr 2013 10:27:46 20,872 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He didn't get a yellow though. So he can't. It comes to something when, in these situations, the best outcome is usually that the ref didn't see it.
  • Baihu1983 24 Apr 2013 10:30:20 3,579 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Ahhh. If I was Suarez I would use that in my defence straight away
    Defoe was booked, Suarez was not. I don't agree that the FA cant take action if the ref books a player but that's the way it is.
  • Deleted user 24 April 2013 10:58:27
    Defoe definitely got away with it a bit, however I think it was also a bit different. Mascherano had just done quite a dirty tackle on him and they were having a bit of a tussle, and it was VERY tame.

It was still a nasty thing to do and should have resulted in a ban, but it was very out of character, and without wishing to repeat myself, the real issue with Suarez is his repeated cuntishness.
  • Nades 24 Apr 2013 10:59:32 1,614 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Nades wrote:
    President_Weasel wrote:
    It's harder to conclusively prove racism than it is to prove biting.
    Although Teflon Terry could probably tear a bloody chunk out of someone's arm live on television and skate with a warning.
    If it wasn't conclusively proven, he should never of got in trouble for it in my opinion.
    So.....his biting should't be as long as his racist ban, yet you're also saying his racism wasn't conclusive, and thus an explanation as to why it should't be that long/shorter than the bite?

In other words.....get back to RAWK.
    Suarez got in trouble for the racism even though no one had proof, therefore its unfair for him to get the ban, ect. I mean come on Suarez is basically black himself! And secondly my point was the FA give Suarez a ban for the racism, but they ban him for longer for a bite. I'm the one who said it wasn't conclusive, not the FA, so they thought Evras lie was 100% true somehow, they just decided to believe him, bet if he wasn't playing for United they wouldn't of gave a toss.
    And wtf is RAWK? Lol

Edited by Nades at 11:01:35 24-04-2013

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• nickthegun 24 Apr 2013 11:00:01 61,054 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think, to be honest, it would be somewhat foolish to cite precedent and try to weasel out of this.

It would be the best PR for all concerned to just lie there and take it.

• nickthegun 24 Apr 2013 11:01:11 61,054 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    Suarez got in trouble for the racism even though no one had proof
    Several people heard him call Evra racist names. This kind of 'proof' is also admissible in a court of law.

• Nades 24 Apr 2013 11:03:35 1,614 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Of course they did, the whole United team, even the keeper at the other end of the field.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• nickthegun 24 Apr 2013 11:04:27 61,054 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So, just to confirm, proof is only proof when it suits you?

• Nades 24 Apr 2013 11:08:11 1,614 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Proof should be where you can hear him say it on TV or the reff hears, or ever one his own players hears it. Other than that there's no other way. He didn't even speak English then, maybe the basics, but do you really think he would know racist words? Already? Naaah.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• nickthegun 24 Apr 2013 11:09:21 61,054 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The word reported was 'negrito' which isnt english. Amazingly, they still do have racist words in spanish.

• Nades 24 Apr 2013 11:09:39 1,614 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Shikasama I'm just expressing my opinion like everyone else mate haha.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Nades 24 Apr 2013 11:11:52 1,614 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @nickthegun Negrito means little black friend. So there I've settled it for everyone he wasn't racist :).

Liverpool FC
    _______

• nickthegun 24 Apr 2013 11:13:28 61,054 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Which was deemed racist in the context that it was used by a panel and based on evidence gathered from other players.

• spindle9988 24 Apr 2013 11:15:54 3,660 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm a Liverpool fan and there is still no way I'm gonna defend Suarez
  • Deleted user 24 April 2013 11:18:15
    The whole negrito thing was a red herring really. The far more damming part of Evra's evidence was this:

Mr Evra's evidence was that, in response to his question "Why did you kick me?", Mr Suárez replied "Porque tu eres negro". Mr Evra said that at the time Mr Suárez made that comment, he (Mr Evra) understood it to mean "Because you are a nigger". He now says that he believes the words used by Mr Suárez mean "Because you are black".
    You can argue about the semantics of the word themselves all you like, but the sentiment is clearly racist regardless.
  • Nades 24 Apr 2013 11:18:35 1,614 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, I would be so offended it a black guy called me little white friend hahaha.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Deleted user 24 April 2013 11:18:57
    See my comment above ^^
  • Deckard1 24 Apr 2013 11:19:08 29,166 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Who let the mong in?

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• Deleted user 24 April 2013 11:19:40
    Oh, and this:

Mr Evra said that he followed up Mr Suárez's reply "Because you are black" by saying "Habla otra vez asi, te voy a dar una porrada", which means "Say it to me again, I'm going to punch you". Mr Suárez replied by saying "No hablo con los negros". Mr Evra said that, at the time, he understood this to mean "I don't speak to niggers", although he now says it means "I don't speak to blacks".
  • Deleted user 24 April 2013 11:20:12
    And this:

Mr Evra said that after Mr Suárez said "I don't speak to blacks", he (Mr Evra) said "Ahora te voy a dar realmente una porrada", which means "OK, now I think I'm going to punch you". To this he says that Mr Suárez replied "Dale, negro...negro...negro". At the time Mr Evra understood this to mean "OK, nigger, nigger, nigger". He now says it means "OK, blackie, blackie, blackie". The expert witnesses stated that the phrase "Dale, negro" can be understood as "Bring it on, blackie" or "do it, blackie" or "go ahead, blackie".
  • spindle9988 24 Apr 2013 11:20:40 3,660 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Who is this nades? He didn't just call him little black friend, stop defending flat out racism
  • Page

of 5618 First / Last