• Tom_Servo 21 Apr 2013 22:43:35 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Telegraph's headline tomorrow is spectacular :D

THE CANNIBAL OF ANFIELD
  • Tom_Servo 21 Apr 2013 22:49:32 18,082 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I suspect Sturridge realises this is his one last shot at something like the big time. Absolutely stunk at Chelsea, but seems to have got his act together at Liverpool, at least for the time being.
  • faux-C 22 Apr 2013 01:00:10 9,636 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    I suspect Sturridge realises this is his one last shot at something like the big time. Absolutely stunk at Chelsea, but seems to have got his act together at Liverpool, at least for the time being.
    Dunno. He's been vrry good against City and Chelsea, but utterly atrocious with zero work rate away at Southampton. Still a lot of eork to do.
  • reddevil93 22 Apr 2013 01:18:15 12,061 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is beautiful, here's a link to Suarez' apology from today:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/luis-suarez-i-m-sorry-1

Remove the'-1' from the url and you're directed to his Evra apology from last year!

• THFourteen 22 Apr 2013 08:06:50 34,468 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    hehehe

great backhanded troll
  • xuiton 22 Apr 2013 08:25:44 297 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    it amazes me how welbeck gets picked over sturridge over england, when welbeck can only muster up one goal a season. sturridge has hardly played and scored more.
  • Dougs 22 Apr 2013 09:16:42 69,498 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Continuing the trending theme from last night:

Suarez Menu

Edited by Dougs at 09:17:10 22-04-2013

Edited by Dougs at 09:17:23 22-04-2013
  • NotSoSlim 22 Apr 2013 09:20:05 3,149 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    xuiton wrote:
    it amazes me how welbeck gets picked over sturridge over england, when welbeck can only muster up one goal a season. sturridge has hardly played and scored more.
    Think answered above. Simple guaranteed work rate
  • billythekid 22 Apr 2013 09:29:33 11,397 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • roz123 22 Apr 2013 09:30:45 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 09:42:23 61,301 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, I had to larf on the way into work this morning. Some plastic scouser was on the phone complaining that people had it in for suarez and that there were worse things than biting on the football field, like a deliberate elbows to the face.

Something else Suarez has laid on ivanovic.

Edited by nickthegun at 09:50:58 22-04-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• SolidSCB 22 Apr 2013 09:48:08 7,366 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Here's a hilarious take on the Suarez bite from a Livepool supporting colleague.

Apparently Suarez doesn't know any better because he is from the slums and streets of Uruguay, and cheating and assaulting other players is celebrated in South America, so he's only doing what he thinks is right. Also the FA are going to throw the book at him, but "if it was any other club involved he'd get away with it".

I feel sorry for these people. They've spent so long on the Kool Aid they actually believe what they are saying.
  • Deleted user 22 April 2013 09:51:16
    The issue is really the ongoing nature of these instances. In isolation each one would be a biggish deal, but probably forgivable in the spirit of it being an 'out of character' one-off (like Defoe's similar biting incident).

The problem here is that the guy is a constant liability, and no matter how talented he is (and he is VERY talented), it will ultimately ruin his career (a la Di Canio or someone), because in the end the biggest clubs don't need to take risks with players who will spend half their career banned and bringing shame on their clubs.

I reckon he'll get one more chance abroad, at Bayern or Barca or wherever, and all of this will happen again (because there's clearly nothing that can be done to stop him doing these things) and that will be his lot, and he'll end up at some second rate club for cunt rejects.
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 09:53:22 61,301 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hes like an El Haj Diouff but with talent.

And, again, he consistently got, albeit progressively worse, clubs despite being an absolute fuckhead everywhere he went.

• Blakester 22 Apr 2013 09:59:44 3,664 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    The issue is really the ongoing nature of these instances. In isolation each one would be a biggish deal, but probably forgivable in the spirit of it being an 'out of character' one-off (like Defoe's similar biting incident).

The problem here is that the guy is a constant liability, and no matter how talented he is (and he is VERY talented), it will ultimately ruin his career (a la Di Canio or someone), because in the end the biggest clubs don't need to take risks with players who will spend half their career banned and bringing shame on their clubs.

I reckon he'll get one more chance abroad, at Bayern or Barca or wherever, and all of this will happen again (because there's clearly nothing that can be done to stop him doing these things) and that will be his lot, and he'll end up at some second rate club for cunt rejects.
    Can't argue with that really.

As a lifelong Liverpool fan I find myself in a position of wanting the best player we've had for a decade to leave for the good of the club. I was incredibly uneasy over the horrible handling of the Evra incident, and if we bungle this one too it'll be a disaster.

We can't afford to sack him (that much is obvious), so what do we do? Publicly put him up for sale?

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• President_Weasel 22 Apr 2013 09:59:59 9,657 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can see the Evra thing as a (fairly despicable) attempt at gamesmanship that backfired spectacularly but I can't imagine the bite as being deliberate pre-meditated cheating, because it's so incredibly stupid. Biting someone in full view of the cameras (I know it's only a match between two second-tier clubs scuffling around for Europa places, but it's still the Premier League). Seems much more like a rush of blood to the head - he might genuinely benefit from some anger management training.

Some parallels with Tyson, who was also talented but ridden by anger and ended up biting Holyfield.
  • Deleted user 22 April 2013 10:02:43
    I don't think selling him will be a problem. These things can largely be done behind the scenes if it benefits both parties. Transfers only become public when one side is trying to dick the other over.
  • THFourteen 22 Apr 2013 10:03:56 34,468 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    its lucky his teeth weren't freshly filed or he could have drawn blood.
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 10:05:02 61,301 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont think selling him will be an issue, either, but he did manage to wipe several million from his price tag yesterday.

• Matt36 22 Apr 2013 10:24:57 1,477 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    "it looked like instinct - and that, whether you are one of the best footballers in the world or a two-year-old in a nursery, is a disturbing instinct to have."

So true.
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 10:32:13 61,301 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    heh, the PFA have offered him anger management classes.

• Commander-Keen 22 Apr 2013 10:32:27 847 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think we can all agree that Suarez is dentally unstable.

[/tumbleweed]

I actually think the whole thing is getting blown out of proportion. As a Spurs fan, I've no particular love for Liverpool or Suarez (though I'd have happily seen them win yesterday) and every club's fans out there appear to have victim / persecution complexes, but I do actually agree with the point of view that the only reason it's such a big deal is BECAUSE it's Suarez. Obviously he's brought it on himself (as Kalel suggested above) so I'm not saying he should be let off, but it's a bit of a mountain out of a molehill.

Where should this rank, for instance, among the following offences:

Spitting at an opponent?
    Studs up challenge?
    Verbal abuse?
    Racist abuse?
    Showing off your Paddy Power sponsored underwear after scoring a goal?

The interesting thing for me will be the FA's response. They seem to be absolutely in a quandry here. Will he get a seven game as he did in Holland? Surely that would be harsh considering what he got for (in my opinion) a much worse offence of racist abuse? Is what he did worse than a two-footed tackle? Not in my book, so should he get more than a couple of games out...?
  • Fab4 22 Apr 2013 10:32:30 6,216 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If he was a dog he'd be already put down.
  • Matt36 22 Apr 2013 10:35:45 1,477 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago

"...I'm gone 5 mins and already he's stealing the headlines..."
  • nickthegun 22 Apr 2013 10:36:53 61,301 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I do think biting, in this instance, is worse than a two footed tackle. The two footer may be more likely to cause serious injury but, well, biting is biting.

Its absolutely disgusting. If suarez was keen on whores or whatever, he could have given ivanovic hepatitis. You cant get that from a two footer.

• Matt36 22 Apr 2013 10:40:12 1,477 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago

Anyone seen this yet?
  • ElNuevo9 22 Apr 2013 10:41:14 13,596 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oliver Kay nailed it when he said it's so disturbing because it seems instinctual to him.

Horrible, horrible cunt.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Page

of 5658 First / Last