Syrette wrote:
    Fulham (h)

Sunderland (h)

West Brom (a)

Liverpool (h)

West Ham (a)

QPR (a)

Arsenal (h)

Who knows with Sunderland. West Brom, Liverpool, West Ham and QPR are all very much winnable. A couple of wins and it'll be fine.

On paper that's not so bad but we've been so inconsistent this season that 'on paper' counts for nothing. 7 matches sounds like a lot but it's not - get a run of 2-3 losses (on top of the run of losses we've had already) and we're in serious trouble. It's pathetic that a team can go from Champions League challengers one season to relegation favourites the next, whilst keeping the same squad together more or less.
    I guess injuries and Pardew's inability to negotiate Cisse and Ba before Ba left really didn't help.

You are a factory of sadness.

• The-Bodybuilder 6 Apr 2013 17:16:21 14,109 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is it wrong that I'm more excited that Stoke may be dragged into relegation battle and hopefully relegated than I am about our 3 points? :p
  • Mr_Sleep 6 Apr 2013 17:18:16 16,920 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    And well played Villa. Glad that they are being rewarded for their attacking play and Stoke's dire stuff is being found out.
    They really were woeful today, their goal was their only real standout chance. Fair play to Kightly for putting it away but there's something pretty toxic there at the moment. They had about a twenty minute spell where they looked dangerous when Cameron Jerome came on but it says a lot that a team has to rely on Jerome to look dangerous.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 17:21:27 06-04-2013

• QotSAfan 6 Apr 2013 17:22:05 1,683 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Is it wrong that I'm more excited that Stoke may be dragged into relegation battle and hopefully relegated than I am about our 3 points? :p
    No, not at all. It would be brilliant if they went down :D
  • Mr_Sleep 6 Apr 2013 17:24:34 16,920 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lowton's Goal - What a stunning strike, under pressure from two players and he gets it in. Also, I was thinking he was coming off about ten minutes before that as he picked up a knock, I'm so chuffed Lambert didn't insta-sub him.

• Syrette 6 Apr 2013 17:26:33 43,231 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stoke may be dragged into it?

They're right in it. They've got some very tricky fixtures coming up and are probably the least in form side in the league. Norwich aren't safe yet either and West Ham need a couple of results to be out of it too.

If I had to pick 3 predictions to go down along with Reading and QPR it'd be Stoke, Wigan and Sunderland. But who knows really.

• SuperCoolEskimo 6 Apr 2013 17:34:47 9,754 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep I was listening to talksport during the first half and they were pretty critical of the way Stoke were playing. Seems as if the hacks have turned on Pulis' style and tactics whereas before they were quite defensive of it. I'll assume it's merely coincidence that this coincides with Stoke supporters turning on Pulis too.

They have a tough run in. Utd H, QPR A, Norwich H, Sunderland A, Spurs H, Southampton A. Only game I see them winning is Norwich at home, their away form is particularly poor.
  • teamHAM 6 Apr 2013 17:39:18 2,854 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Huge week for Newcastle now.

Fulham (H), Benfica (H), Sunderland (H).

I won't be too disappointed going out of Europe if we win both the league games. The most worrying thing is that we still have loads of players out: Debuchy, Tiote, Haidara, Ben Arfa, Coloccini, R Taylor.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• The-Bodybuilder 6 Apr 2013 17:42:22 14,109 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Syrette I guess I've been oblivious to their demise.
    Really wish Stoke's survival was done to a final game with Arsenal, and then a last minute Ramsey goal banishes them to the dark realm.

Yeah, I'm aware as to how unlikely that is...Ramsey hitting the target.
  • Jono62 6 Apr 2013 17:44:32 14,021 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Edited by Jono62 at 17:44:53 06-04-2013
  • ecureuil 6 Apr 2013 17:51:13 76,644 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That Lowton goal is incredible. Definite goal of the season contender.
  • Mr_Sleep 6 Apr 2013 19:56:58 16,920 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @SuperCoolEskimo In fairness, much of the previous criticism of Stoke was somewhat unreasonable as they were holding their own but now they're not it's quite easy to criticise them. Also, they actually did have some creativity for a while, especially earlier in the season but today they really were awful. Not cutting edge at all.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 19:58:06 06-04-2013

• faux_carnation 6 Apr 2013 20:06:38 9,165 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If Stoke were a club scrabbling around at the bottom of the table and surviving on free transfers whilst selling their best players every season, I'd have more sympathy for their "pragmatic" football, but they've got one of the highest net spends in the league over the last few years.
  • Mr_Sleep 6 Apr 2013 20:20:31 16,920 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @faux_carnation Yeah that is true, they do have quite a large spend and I'm in agreement that they should be in a better situation but Pulis seems stuck on one trail and I wonder if he even can. I can see him going at the end of the season especially with all the fans turning against him.

• Deleted user 6 April 2013 21:01:10
    It's hard to feel sorry for Stoke. They resisted for years in changing their style, benefiting from other teams being unwilling to go down to their level and could grab games by the scruff of the neck and throttle the life out of it.

Having tried to be more expansive (Plan: give the ball to the fast lads on the wings and hope we get something out of it.), it's just not worked. Crouch, Jones, Campbell, Walters and Owen are not profligate strikers; Etherington (Especially poor after last season) and Kightly haven't been chipping in with the goals either and Huth and Shawcross haven't really been piling them in either from set pieces.

I'll be glad if they go down because whilst Villa may be poor, they're trying to develop the team. Stoke are just going backwards at a rate of knots and they're a shadow of the side they once were:solid at the back, strong on the break.
  • danathjo 6 Apr 2013 21:31:25 7,307 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plus if the Nextgen cup has shown us anything, Villa seem to have quite a nice youth team coming along.
  • Jono62 6 Apr 2013 21:55:43 14,021 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, Samir Curruthers is destined to be a star. Also Grealish, Burke and Williams look like they could make the step up sometime soon.
  • kentmonkey 6 Apr 2013 22:05:32 20,529 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anything that upsets Pulis gets my vote.
  • Jono62 6 Apr 2013 22:53:10 14,021 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gervinho has skills. Who knew?
  • Dougs 6 Apr 2013 23:24:46 67,015 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Arsène knows. Arsène always knows!
  • Kay 6 Apr 2013 23:44:33 17,798 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's always had skills, problem is his brain often can't keep up with his legs.
  • kentmonkey 6 Apr 2013 23:59:32 20,529 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is really a post for those of you old enough to remember the 'Impossiball' - I think it was called that - the 80's cult toy that was essentially a ball weighted oddly so that you had no idea where it was going to go.

Well, do you remember how fun it was as a child to run with the ball at your feet? With each touch not knowing exactly where it was going to go, or what you were going to do next because you didn't know where you, or the ball, was going to end up.

Well, that's what it's like every game for Gervinho. No wonder he always has a big smile on his face. Bless him.
  • Trowel 7 Apr 2013 10:52:09 17,524 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Always remember the Impossiball ad for the kid scoring from behind the goal.
  • Youthist 7 Apr 2013 11:37:59 10,010 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do we think he will start Sturridge today?

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Youthist 7 Apr 2013 11:38:50 10,010 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Always remember the Impossiball ad for the kid scoring from behind the goal.
    I do recall a spectrum game called "Impossamole" too I think. It was about a mole IIRC.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• kalel 7 Apr 2013 11:40:07 86,743 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This stuff about Le Tiss playing for guernsey is mental.
  • Youthist 7 Apr 2013 11:40:50 10,010 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hope he takes their pens!

Also, didn't he get married to that bird from Neighbours once that ended up in Emmerdale and is now back in Neighbours last time I checked?

Edited by Youthist at 11:41:43 07-04-2013

• morriss 7 Apr 2013 11:53:37 70,913 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    NO Lennon, No Bale, No Defoe. I'd go five at the back with Naughton and Walker as wing-backs. Dawson, SuperJan, and Caulker in the middle. Parker Dembele Holbty in mid - Sigurdsson, Adebayor up front.

Make it so.
  • kalel 7 Apr 2013 11:56:17 86,743 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sounds about right except I think I'd play Carroll in the mid instead of Holty and Sigs in the mid as well, with Ade in the point of a Christmas tree.

Feel like dog shit today but still struggling down to the lane, so hoping to be rewarded for my effort.

Edited by kalel at 11:58:16 07-04-2013
  • Syrette 7 Apr 2013 11:57:42 43,231 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No Debuchy, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Haidara and Coloccini for us today.

Colour me very nervous.

• Page

of 5326 First / Last