The all-new Premier League thread Page 3349

  • Page

    of 5370 First / Last

  • Blaketown 18 Mar 2013 16:17:35 4,645 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    True, but at the same time you need to get some new players in otherwise in 2014 it will be the same, increasingly creaky, injury prone defenders who weren't quite good enough last time and it'll be "it's the World Cup, we can't bed in new players now, we need our best players".
    Pffft.

    Rio needs to be playing in Rio.

    And that's that. Get used to it.

    You can't argue with nominative determinism. You should have seen Messi's bedroom when he was growing up.

    Edited by Blaketown at 16:19:57 18-03-2013

    Brap, brap, old chap.

  • imamazed 18 Mar 2013 16:20:07 5,533 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks like that arab dream league thing from last week was bs

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/mar/18/times-duped-hoax-qatar-dream-football-story
  • nickthegun 18 Mar 2013 16:21:09 59,419 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    "it's the World Cup, we can't bed in new players now, we need our best players".
    There are enough friendlies and warm up periods to be able to do that between now and the WC.

    Plus, I know this is wishful thinking, you would like to think that players good enough to play for England wouldnt need much bedding in.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Ka-blamo 18 Mar 2013 16:54:05 7,314 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Looks like that arab dream league thing from last week was bs

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/mar/18/times-duped-hoax-qatar-dream-football-story
    Backpeddling liars, 'a million percent I didn't get my information from that french website'

    And by a million percent I didn't, I mean infact yes I did.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 18 Mar 2013 16:55:26 9,770 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The fallout on Twitter has been quite something.
  • Shikasama 18 Mar 2013 17:04:46 6,742 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They've been completely shown up by this.

    As have all of the stupid twats on Twitter that rushed to defend their mate.

    Fucking hate sports journalists.
  • Deleted user 18 March 2013 17:12:24
    Dave Whelan live on SSN defending Mcmanamans challenge. What a twat.
  • Shikasama 18 Mar 2013 17:20:52 6,742 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    'Clean as a whistle' I believe the words were
  • Deleted user 18 March 2013 17:23:41
    Said it wasn't even a foul, even the most blinkered football fan wouldn't defend that challenge.
  • nickthegun 18 Mar 2013 17:23:54 59,419 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All it needs is 'The lads gone in high but im sure the authorities will sort out any action they feel they need to take'.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • dsmx 18 Mar 2013 17:54:59 7,589 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well people defended the red card given to nani, so why would this be any different? People see what they want to see, what actually happened doesn't come into it.

    "If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

  • LionheartDJH 18 Mar 2013 18:35:27 19,388 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Sign this guy up for MOTD commentary
    Imagine if he supported Arsenal!

    She dives for cheese pasties

  • QotSAfan 18 Mar 2013 20:39:36 1,687 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    As easy as it is to be glib about something like that, the fact is that we need to beat montenegro otherwise we are going to end up in the playoffs.

    Roy wanted his best players, Rio is, on form, one of the best defenders in England.

    One for the future and all that shit doesnt matter. We need to win this game.
    Montenegro are not much of a challenge, well they shouldn't be for the depth and quality of players England have. The problem with picking Rio is that once again, its a manager picking the big stars and not ones who can form a cohesive unit on the field.
  • Syrette 18 Mar 2013 20:53:18 43,295 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Trowel wrote:
    Sign this guy up for MOTD commentary
    Imagine if he supported Arsenal!
    Love seeing goals from that sort of angle.

  • Dougs 18 Mar 2013 21:05:27 67,138 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    QotSAfan wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    As easy as it is to be glib about something like that, the fact is that we need to beat montenegro otherwise we are going to end up in the playoffs.

    Roy wanted his best players, Rio is, on form, one of the best defenders in England.

    One for the future and all that shit doesnt matter. We need to win this game.
    Montenegro are not much of a challenge, well they shouldn't be for the depth and quality of players England have. The problem with picking Rio is that once again, its a manager picking the big stars and not ones who can form a cohesive unit on the field.
    I'd actually missed they were qualifiers. I am Now less inclined to laugh it off. Fucker shouldn't be picked again imo. Don't for a second believe this bollocks about fitness regimes etc.

    Edited by Dougs at 21:06:09 18-03-2013
  • THFourteen 18 Mar 2013 21:15:11 33,162 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    QotSAfan wrote:

    its a manager picking the big stars and not ones who can form a cohesive unit on the field.
    you are steve bould AICMFP

    you will also sit quietly for the rest of the training session while Arsene takes the training.
  • MadCaddy13 18 Mar 2013 21:55:13 1,879 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is there any news on how haidara is doing?
  • alexc7496 18 Mar 2013 22:39:15 1,777 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dave Whelan really gets on my tits lately. I used to respect him for sticking by Martinez and letting him run the team but he loves to hear his own voice. This rant over that foul is his first of many. It seems whenever there is speculation over Martinez future he always goes on Sky and says everything.
  • Dougs 18 Mar 2013 23:10:28 67,138 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Then there was the whole Liverpool thing with Martinez. Silly argument, just makes himself look out of touch. Surprising too, iirc he had his own career ended by a tackle. Different era of course but still.
  • Deleted user 18 March 2013 23:14:48
    Yeah he did, but he doesn't blame the other guy as he thinks it was just part of the game.
  • alexc7496 18 Mar 2013 23:19:27 1,777 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That tackle is in no way part of the games. Let's be honest, he prob did go for the ball but his foot was too high and he was jumping off the ground. He needs at least a 3 x match ban, plain and simple.
  • The-Bodybuilder 19 Mar 2013 05:12:10 14,127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In regards to Rio,
    Let's not forget the root of his "pettiness", he was dropped in favour of keeping John Terry in the squad....the man who racially abused his brother, and given a rubbish excuse for it.
  • morriss 19 Mar 2013 06:32:15 70,928 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Adebayor has been so disappointing.
    I think most Spurs fans knew he'd have a worse return this year, but I can't imagine most of us would have thought he'd be quite this bad. He was never as good as his numbers suggested last year, but he's been just as bad as they suggest this year.
    I really think you should actually watch him play. He runs and runs and runs. He's not standing about with his hands on his hips moaning about not being passed the ball.
  • Dougs 19 Mar 2013 08:03:05 67,138 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    In regards to Rio,
    Let's not forget the root of his "pettiness", he was dropped in favour of keeping John Terry in the squad....the man who racially abused his brother, and given a rubbish excuse for it.
    Meh, Hodgson couldn't take both so had to make a choice. Given Rio's injury problems, not hard to see why he chose Terry.
  • Stickman 19 Mar 2013 08:05:15 29,664 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Every single Spurs match I've seen this season (and you guys are on Sky all the time!), that's exactly what he's been doing.
    @morrissesses

    Edited by Stickman at 08:05:47 19-03-2013

    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

  • enfilade 19 Mar 2013 08:14:10 211 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Here's a link doing the rounds on some Newcastle websites:

    http://mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk/wigan-homeeds1011/

    Gai Assulin was stretchered off in injury time with his right leg in a brace, following a wild challenge by Callum McMananman, which caused some friction between the two benches.
    ...
    Just as the clock ticked into the ninetieth minute Gai Assulin picked the ball up just inside Wigan's half and Callum McManaman ran from City's half and dived in very late and caught Gai on his right leg with his studs showing.
    ...
    ...But he's not that kind of player.
  • The-Bodybuilder 19 Mar 2013 08:21:57 14,127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    In regards to Rio,
    Let's not forget the root of his "pettiness", he was dropped in favour of keeping John Terry in the squad....the man who racially abused his brother, and given a rubbish excuse for it.
    Meh, Hodgson couldn't take both so had to make a choice. Given Rio's injury problems, not hard to see why he chose Terry.
    And I agree with Hodgson's choice (though, not sure why he couldn't take both, considering that's exactly what he wants to do now).

    Just as I agree with Rio in that if the man that was chosen over him was also the man that essentially caused the problem in the first place for him to be then left out, after also racially abusing his brother, then given a rubbish reason as to why (when we all knew why), then I wouldn't mind giving them a big middle-finger.

    Really now, when the incident occured, this place was filed with people mocking the decision and sympathisizing with Rio, even encouraging him to be petty.
    He goes and does it, now the same EG forum is calling him petty and selfish.

    Can't win really.
  • The-Bodybuilder 19 Mar 2013 08:22:59 14,127 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    enfilade wrote:
    Here's a link doing the rounds on some Newcastle websites:

    http://mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk/wigan-homeeds1011/

    Gai Assulin was stretchered off in injury time with his right leg in a brace, following a wild challenge by Callum McMananman, which caused some friction between the two benches.
    ...
    Just as the clock ticked into the ninetieth minute Gai Assulin picked the ball up just inside Wigan's half and Callum McManaman ran from City's half and dived in very late and caught Gai on his right leg with his studs showing.
    ...
    ...But he's not that kind of player.
    No one is ever that kind of player....including Barton, apparently.

    Oh and Cattermole.
  • puddleduck 19 Mar 2013 08:30:37 1,853 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I do Morriss, pretty much every Spurs game for the last 20 years if it makes a difference...

    He's been more of a liability than a pricked condom. Some of the sitters he's missed have been well beyond what I even thought was possible. He's slow off the mark, permanently seems stuck on his heels, drifts away from the action (probably tactical to be fair, but mighty frustrating to watch), and his first touch and close control this season has been akin to watching Akinbiyi with his shoe laces tied together.
  • kalel 19 Mar 2013 08:33:23 86,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    puddleduck wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Adebayor has been so disappointing.
    I think most Spurs fans knew he'd have a worse return this year, but I can't imagine most of us would have thought he'd be quite this bad. He was never as good as his numbers suggested last year, but he's been just as bad as they suggest this year.
    I really think you should actually watch him play. He runs and runs and runs. He's not standing about with his hands on his hips moaning about not being passed the ball.
    To be fair, puddleduck seems to just be talking about his goals drying up.

    You can't fault his effort as you say, and people love to call him lazy which he rarely is. And he plays quite an important role on the pitch in terms of our build-up play. However, his reluctance to get into goal-scoring positions and have a bang are maddening.
  • Page

    of 5370 First / Last

Log in or register to reply