The Walking Dead- Comic & TV comparisons Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• Venkman90 24 Nov 2010 09:31:25 4,430 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My guess is:

Shane doesn't die until season 2, I don't see him getting to "killing Rick in the woods" in 2 more episodes. Episode finale is supposed to be them getting to the CDC and being let in by some werid scientist.

My guess is huge deviations with them fending off a mad scientist trying to domesticate zombies ala Day of the Dead.

Then Season 2 will deal with Shane, the farm and end with them finding the prison maybe.
  • bigshot316 24 Nov 2010 09:52:42 23,402 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm looking forward to seeing the prison and the way things play out there.
  • nickthegun 24 Nov 2010 10:05:20 55,849 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wouldnt be surprised if we never saw the prison, tbh.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Buztafen 24 Nov 2010 10:07:42 15,957 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sure i read somewhere that Frank Darabont mentioned not getting to the prison for atleast another season, maybe more. So im pretty sure he definitely wants to do it.
  • nickthegun 24 Nov 2010 10:10:31 55,849 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thats what I mean. They are moving through the comics at quite a glacial pace, so it wouldnt surprise me if the show was cancelled before they got there.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Jibraeel 24 Nov 2010 10:33:08 88 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Michonne probably won't show until Season 2.

For the things "will they or won't they do" I'll throw in the govenor's daughter. If they do use the guy from the first episode as the govenor then it would point to "no" which would be sad. Although maybe it happens enough time later that he could have a zombie toddler by then.

As for Lori its less than a year or Rick would be dead in the hospital. That much we can say for sure I think. No one in the Walking Dead comic actually knows what day or month it is for sure, so a timeline will always be speculation. In the comic Lori and Shane was one night on the road...in the series it looked like "whenever they get a chance alone"...less than a year shacking up with your "dead" husband's best friend..guess its a matter of opinion if the word "slut" applies :p
  • Buztafen 24 Nov 2010 11:06:34 15,957 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Thats what I mean. They are moving through the comics at quite a glacial pace, so it wouldnt surprise me if the show was cancelled before they got there.

:o WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT THIS INSTANT YOUNG MAN!
  • zombiesinmyhead 25 Nov 2010 15:32:50 112 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't know where to start with this, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop.

I buy the comic religiously, and I'm up to episode 4 of the series.

First things first, I'm still not 100% on Andrew Lincoln. I know its a bit shallow as he's doing a good job, but I'm just so used to the appearance of comic Rick that I can't get round the dark hair (His hair is also that tight, curly type. When the series gets going and Rick looks a bit wilder, will it go afro? I'm not ready for afro Rick Grimes). And its also Egg from This Life. But the characterisation is pretty close, so its not spoiling it for me.

Andrea should be younger and hotter. Lori looks permanently surprised, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the casting.

Apparently season 2 has got the go ahead, and the rumour mill suggests that Shane will live on till the middle of the next season (a full 13, rather than the current 8 episodes) and they find the prison at the end of season 2.

I wonder how grim it will get with Woodbury. I can't see Rick losing his hand for the simple reason it would be too difficult to do. Keeping a hand in a sleeve will just look crap, and with Merle doing it is episode 3 people will just think two amputations is a bit much.

The deviations from the comics are keeping it interesting for me, but I expect all the characters that aren't in the comics will end up buying it soon.

Roll on episode 5, I'm lapping it up.
  • bigshot316 29 Nov 2010 15:44:59 23,402 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was just thinking, is there any profanity in the TV series?

To my mind I can'tr recall there being any (apart from Nigger), but maybe I just never noticed it?..
  • kingcrowbar 1 Dec 2010 09:33:48 875 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry if it has been mentioned but I've skipped to the end to avoid spoilers. Are there any differences between the various collections (6, 12, 24 issues)?

Should I just go for the presumably phone book size 48 issue Compendium Volume 1 which seems very good value on Amazon at the moment.
  • localnotail 1 Dec 2010 10:21:03 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You just lose the cover art I think. We have the compendium, it is very easy to devour.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• CosmicFuzz 1 Dec 2010 10:29:49 21,240 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup thats what I'm reading right now. Halfway through third book. Bloody awesome.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Paperghost 11 Dec 2010 17:12:36 1,702 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    "And its also Egg from This Life."

/ double take

// mind blown
  • Tonka 27 Dec 2012 07:42:35 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just finished the latest tpb. Not happy.... Favourite character dead. ;_;

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• localnotail 27 Dec 2012 09:27:08 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Tonka Arrggh. OH has been nagging me to get on and read the latest one so I can "discuss developments". Now I'm sitting here wondering who you are talking about.

• Vortex808 27 Dec 2012 09:40:50 6,561 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Just finished the latest tpb. Not happy.... Favourite character dead. ;_;
    That was indeed a shock. I really like how no-one is really safe in this.

Edited by Vortex808 at 09:41:51 27-12-2012
  • Tricky 27 Dec 2012 09:41:31 4,303 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    And in the most unsettling manner of all the main character deaths too. I've only read it once but the image of the resultant... mess is sticking with me a lot.
  • AcidSnake 27 Dec 2012 09:48:49 7,145 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Which issue are we talking about?

Is it about Glen?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Tonka 27 Dec 2012 09:55:08 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @localnotail it's another very good album. But it's getting overpoweringly depressing. I'm getting too old for this. Give me captain America.

• Tonka 27 Dec 2012 09:56:46 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @AcidSnake the " something to fear" collection. Apt name.

• AcidSnake 27 Dec 2012 10:00:39 7,145 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So not the person I mentioned? Comics are released sporadically here so no idea if that's the collection I read a few weeks ago...

I have to say that when they killed off the person I mentioned I found myself just wanting to give up on the whole thing...Sure it's dark and bleak but, damn, keep something positive in it...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Whizzo 27 Dec 2012 10:10:01 42,760 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I completed the final episode of TWD game then read the 17th TPB the same night, a double dose of the bleak for me.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Tonka 27 Dec 2012 14:04:47 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @AcidSnake I didn't dare to read your spoiler. I did now and yes, that's the one. Felt exactly like you. I always get TWD from my brother every Christmas and it never fail to put me in a bad mood.

• Tonka 27 Dec 2012 14:05:38 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Whizzo is the game any good?

• Whizzo 27 Dec 2012 14:14:31 42,760 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The game is very good, probably one of my favourites of the year.

This space left intentionally blank.

• AcidSnake 27 Dec 2012 14:16:26 7,145 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was sad to see that person get that end, but it's also coupled with the main story just looping around that's putting me off a bit...

Find a safe place (lose some people accidentally), start talking about living life again, get murdered/run off, meet new people, rinse and repeat...

They can write good character development and it would be interesting to see them focus on that instead of killing off someone every now and then just for the sake of it...

• Tonka 27 Dec 2012 15:30:50 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think they are preparing for the end game now.

• localnotail 30 Dec 2012 01:18:17 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just caught up this evening. Brutal as ever, only somehow more so.

:(

I think that it probably would loop a fair bit as it would be very hard to find a stable base. Somewhere with good basic supplies (like a farm) would be hard to defend, and somewhere which was easy to defend (like the prison) would probably need regular scavenge trips that would have to continually expand in range. You would always run the risk of discovery, who are likely to be unfriendly as you can't trust the motives of others. We are the real monsters, etc. Even when there isn't a zombie apocalypse on.

Edited by localnotail at 11:33:28 30-12-2012

• Tonka 30 Dec 2012 07:41:49 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's about time they got started on the rebuild of the world instead of just running into increasingly tougher enemies.

• Mola_Ram 30 Dec 2012 11:26:45 6,229 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was gutted when that thing happened too. I only just got into it and binge-read all of them at once.

I don't mind that characters die - even my favorite ones. I like that anyone can die. But there seems to be an almost perverse pleasure now, on the part of the creators, to make the deaths ridiculously gory. I'm not sure I like that. Seems to be shocking just for the sake of being shocking, if that makes sense.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last