• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • frugtkompot 1 Dec 2010 07:45:44 2,818 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    frugtkompot wrote:
    In Denmark there are 519 movies available, 4 of them free - the rest blatantly overpriced.

How do they plan on making this a success?

By subscribing monthly you pay a flat fee and watch as much as you like, isn't it? Paying for individual films would be daft.

Yeah, I know. But there's simply not enough variety available to warrant that subscription.
  • frugtkompot 1 Dec 2010 07:47:15 2,818 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    valli wrote:
    The divide and conquer principle run in most EU countries since the dark ages of VHS rentals is absolutely horrid.

Yeah, sometimes it seems if you're not from UK, France or Germany you're not in a market that larger companies bother with.

Except Spotify/Voddler, which are Scandinavian offerings - except Spotify isn't available in Denmark :)
  • JDub 16 Dec 2010 13:12:20 1,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, after a month's trial I can safely say that Mubi is rubbish.

/closes case
  • Jazzy_Geoff 16 Dec 2010 13:31:15 7,767 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    number of films watched...?
  • valli 16 Dec 2010 18:33:58 14,114 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    For me that number would be ZERO. From a grand total of... 7 movies available in my region (Sweden).
  • Deleted user 18 December 2010 16:57:17
    Progguitarist wrote:
    God, this app is annoying. There seems to be no way to filter out movies that aren't available and the selection that is, is piss poor.

I'd like to subscribe...I really would but it's shit really.

If you click 'Watch' it only displays films available in your region.

It's the first option that appears when you open the menu, pretty simple I thought.

Since it started the amount of available movies has increased from around 450 to around 500.

Considering what's available on the service to those in the US it's not worth paying for, yet. Look at browse or search and you can see there is plenty available. There really was little point in releasing this until there was a decent sized catalogue.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2010 00:12:09
    I only spotted the distinction between 'watch' and 'discover'. I would happily sign up if all the films were available but the current selection in my country is too small.
  • Deleted user 30 December 2010 00:12:11
    Post deleted
  • gamingdave 3 Jun 2013 17:16:23 4,121 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone looked at this recently? I think for 3 a month and with a constant rolling selection of 30 films it looks good value. Just scanned through the current selection and theres a great mix, but I wonder what the quality is like of the streams.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next