Post deleted
  • Deleted user 24 January 2005 21:17:07
    well that was quite the cliffhanger
  • mcmonkeyplc 24 Jan 2005 21:19:08 39,464 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My hands are actually shaking!

Trying to avoid spoilers:

Well kind of. That was great, the best sci-fi I can actually ever remember! The worse thing is that the announcer at the end of the episode didn't say the usual " .... returns next year"! Im sure I read somewhere that they were more than likely to get a new series. Seeing as Sky do actually produce or co-produce this programme I would expect them to know :S

They cant leave it at that...thats worse than halo 2's "ending"!

Better than star trek....quite possibly, and thats coming from a trekkie!

MCM

Come and get it cumslingers!

• binky Moderator 24 Jan 2005 21:20:42 9,675 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    well frack me.
  • Retroid Moderator 24 Jan 2005 21:22:24 44,803 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DiscoStu wrote:
    Phew, better that than a hurried crappy "we're cancelled so we'll wrap everything up badly" episode... I think.

/Taps foot impatiently waiting for the torrent to appear
  • Whizzo 24 Jan 2005 21:23:27 43,160 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wow! Just wow! And that's just what "Racetrack" is like out of her space suit. ;-)

Nah great episode, more cliff hangers than you would think possible. Recommission this now or there'll be trouble.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 24 January 2005 21:25:00
    Retroid wrote:
    DiscoStu wrote:
    Phew, better that than a hurried crappy "we're cancelled so we'll wrap everything up badly" episode... I think.

/Taps foot impatiently waiting for the torrent to appear

im not complaining at all :)
  • Whizzo 24 Jan 2005 21:49:41 43,160 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So if Roslin is removed from office does that mean Baltar is now the President?! Or is the whole democratic process thrown out now? With Adama out of action for some time, if he's not dead, it's all a bit of a mess really.

/taps fingers impatiently for the next series.

Oh and Play are advertising a season one boxset seems a bit pricey for 13 episodes, no details of any extras.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Orange 24 Jan 2005 23:47:06 4,822 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    wasnt quite as great as the first part, but still damn good and makes me want to see the next run of eps as soon as they make them.
  • mcmonkeyplc 25 Jan 2005 11:04:08 39,464 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Somebody on the forum of super geeks said it would be out in 7 months.
    (sci-fi channel forums)

Speaking of the Sci-fi channel in America this just started airing. There only on episode 2! The good news is that its getting rave reviews and ratings (for a cable network) even in the states.

My friends I think this may be THE next big Sci-fi show and we get it first!

Except for when the yanks demand they get it first :S

MCM

• quantumsheep 27 Jan 2005 02:35:39 3,127 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Akeldama wrote:
    Great episode, when Sharon did that thing that Sharon did, it didn't half make me jump. :)

No shit! Made me jump too and yell 'Oh my god! Oh my god!' at the screen which surprised even me :o
  • Scimarad 1 Feb 2005 09:30:48 8,555 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is this for real or are play being over-enthusiatic with their predictions again?

Series 1
  • Clive_Dunn 1 Feb 2005 10:41:54 4,780 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not surprised they've rushed it out on DVD, I'd guess commissioning series 2 depends on a combination of US viewing figures and DVD sales.

Buy the DVD and hopefully we'll get another series. I thought this was the best science fiction series since series 3/4 of Babylon 5*.

* I will ignore anyone telling me this is heresy because Farscape was sooooo much better.
  • Tricky 1 Feb 2005 13:18:55 4,411 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Clive Dunn wrote:
    I thought this was the best science fiction series since series 3/4 of Babylon 5*.

* I will ignore anyone telling me this is heresy because Farscape was sooooo much better.

Well it was, but that's not to take away from the fact that season 3/4 of Babylon 5 were bloody good.
  • mcmonkeyplc 1 Feb 2005 13:34:21 39,464 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh wow, you can actually smell the geekyness in here now.

Nope im not blame less, I know.

Edit: Forgot the :)

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 13:34:55 01-02-2005

• Derblington 7 Feb 2005 22:17:06 21,708 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I bought the miniseries DVD of BG and it arrived this morning. I only bought it because you guys said it was sooo good and I have to say that it fucking rocks. Everything about it is of such a high production, the acting is good and the ladies are hot. Please tell me the actual series is better than this.

And how does Firefly compare? I may have to pick that up this weekend.
  • eviltobz 7 Feb 2005 23:23:10 2,511 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    not sure that the series of bsg is better as such, but it continues the quality goodness and looks well set to get renewed.

firefly is, in my opinion, quite possibly the finest tv series ever made. twas crafted by his jossness of whedon and hence is masterful in everyway. it is, however, completely different in ever way, well, cept for the sfx which zoic pioneered on firefly then took to bsg. it's about a regtag group of outsiders, the losing side just trying to get by rather than some epic war stuff. the war's been and gone. and the girls, oh the girls.

/saves up for some time with inara.

Edited by eviltobz at 23:25:08 07-02-2005
  • Derblington 7 Feb 2005 23:54:51 21,708 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Will defo get it at the weekend then. And I'll tell you what - Number6 is making me dribble.
  • CerealKey 24 Feb 2005 11:30:57 2,860 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Episode for download and some deleted scenes as well.
  • Blerk Moderator 24 Feb 2005 11:35:22 48,225 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Some very good news too! 20 more episodes? Quite soon? Yes please!
  • bivith 24 Feb 2005 13:37:36 2,466 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Firefly does indeed wipe its bottom with Battlestar Galactica. That it was cancelled is a crime, but hopefully the movie in september will make up for this.
  • ssuellid 24 Feb 2005 13:39:28 19,141 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Which one is Firefly?
  • eviltobz 24 Feb 2005 13:43:46 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    firefly is joss whedon's space-opera/sci-fi/western amalgamated masterpiece. rather than following the mighty or the shapers of history, it focuses more on the losers at the fringe of society just trying to get by and avoid the authorities. and it has high class, utterly utterly gorgeous space hookers in it :)

/pimps firefly

/worships at the temple of jossfulness.
  • Retroid Moderator 24 Feb 2005 13:50:04 44,803 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmmm. Deleted scenes.

/Hopes they include these on the forthcoming DVD release
  • ssuellid 24 Feb 2005 13:52:20 19,141 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh, lots of different human types from what looked like different earth time periods?
  • eviltobz 24 Feb 2005 13:58:28 2,609 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    kinda. there's a strict no aliens policy and a pretty cool premise that the core worlds are all rich and technologically kitted out and stuff, but the poor rim worlds have to fend for themselves on planets that were terraformed and left, kinda emphasising the rift between the wealthy and those below the poverty line having to eek out an existance however possible such as the mudders of canton or the miners in the train job.
  • Tricky 24 Feb 2005 14:47:13 4,411 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Second season of Galactica has been given the go ahead apparently - 20 episodes; starts filming in March and will be broadcast this summer in the US. Which probably means that we won't get it first this time, but if Sky are still part-financing it then we'll see.
  • Oceadge 24 Feb 2005 23:51:02 340 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As much as I like Firefly along with pretty much everything Joss Wheadon touches, I think BSG is better. Just my 2 1/100ths.

~ O.
  • terminalterror 25 Feb 2005 14:13:58 18,937 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    eviltobz wrote:
    not sure that the series of bsg is better as such, but it continues the quality goodness and looks well set to get renewed.

firefly is, in my opinion, quite possibly the finest tv series ever made. twas crafted by his jossness of whedon and hence is masterful in everyway. it is, however, completely different in ever way, well, cept for the sfx which zoic pioneered on firefly then took to bsg. it's about a regtag group of outsiders, the losing side just trying to get by rather than some epic war stuff. the war's been and gone. and the girls, oh the girls.

/saves up for some time with inara.

I loved Firefly. Probably the best 17.99 I have ever spent (for a DVD).

Mmmmm Inara.

/drools

I might try this BSG thingy if its been compared favourably with Firefly.

Just looked at find-dvd, and the miniseries is only 6.99 at sendit. Very tempting, but as the first half of series 1 is priced at around 30, I'd probably better not, as I don't want to get hooked into buying all the rest of the DVDs. Same reason I have been avoiding Babylon 5 on DVD, even though it is very tempting at 16.99 with Choices.
  • Page

of 38 First / Last