Pinball FX 2 Page 4

• Page

of 71 First / Last

• skuzzbag 1 Nov 2010 13:12:59 5,483 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are any of these real tables, or are there likely to ever be versions of real tables?
  • Doomspoon 1 Nov 2010 13:13:18 2,353 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    For the record... as much as I love FX, it's got nothing on Pinball Dreams / Fantasies / Illusions.

Most evenings in '92 were spent playing Pinball Dreams and listening to 'Lights...Camera...Revolution!' the two seemed to work well together for me.

The only pinball game that came second to that in terms of time spent playing was the Elvira table we had in at the Font & Firkin when I was working there. Problem was it had next to no tilt detection and we near enough turn the table through 45 degrees everytime we played. We even wore grooves into the floor from doing this so much.
  • Psychotext 1 Nov 2010 13:16:29 52,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I used to compete on the Pinball ... games with my entire family. Good times. :)

I must say that it's one thing I really miss from my youth. :(
  • skuzzbag 1 Nov 2010 13:20:00 5,483 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I still get the circus tune from Fantasies going round and round in my head. It's become a theme tune for me.
  • Psychotext 1 Nov 2010 13:24:06 52,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That was a brilliant table. I can still picture that rather disturbing clown head. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJLp_Q9-nno

Freaky, didn't know it got remade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwI4jImPnpc&feature=related
  • Deleted user 1 November 2010 14:36:42
    skuzzbag wrote:
    Are any of these real tables, or are there likely to ever be versions of real tables?

Yeh, when the Williams game comes out (see last page, or page before)
  • phoopipe 1 Nov 2010 14:38:51 1,357 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    crwoody wrote:
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    Oh I'm getting it, I'm *trying* to clear the decks though.

Probably won't live up to my resolve though and I'll fold

Seem to have an awful lot of you lot on my FL already so there's instant incentive to have a looksee ;o)

Good good, leaderboards then ;)

Do it :)

I only have the streetfighter table and trying to beat crwoody is proving addictive.

Will buy the lot sometime this week.
  • Doomspoon 1 Nov 2010 14:56:26 2,353 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:
    I still get the circus tune from Fantasies going round and round in my head. It's become a theme tune for me.

Been enjoying it on the PSP, brought back fond memories. I think I might have to get Dreams too.
  • crwoody 1 Nov 2010 15:03:38 2,553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    phoopipe wrote:
    crwoody wrote:
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    Oh I'm getting it, I'm *trying* to clear the decks though.

Probably won't live up to my resolve though and I'll fold

Seem to have an awful lot of you lot on my FL already so there's instant incentive to have a looksee ;o)

Good good, leaderboards then ;)

Do it :)

I only have the streetfighter table and trying to beat crwoody is proving addictive.

Will buy the lot sometime this week.

I know what table I'm playing when I get home tonight now.
  • phoopipe 1 Nov 2010 15:39:00 1,357 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm around half a million behind and was looking forward to claiming top spot...then doomspoon added me and crushed us both by 29 million :)

Il not be beating that anytime in this life.
  • Doomspoon 1 Nov 2010 15:42:26 2,353 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Heh, sorry. Seriously, in around a week's time I'm sure we'll all be posting scores dwarfing the current ones :) It's the nature of the beast :)
  • phoopipe 1 Nov 2010 15:46:50 1,357 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there a guide anywhere explaining how to start a fight or explaining what each symbol is that you light up on chun/ryu etc.
  • Deleted user 1 November 2010 15:52:53
    phoopipe wrote:
    Is there a guide anywhere explaining how to start a fight or explaining what each symbol is that you light up on chun/ryu etc.

I've got a 40 page guide for the whole thing that I've been sending people, PM me if you want one..
  • crwoody 1 Nov 2010 16:08:18 2,553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    pm sent.

Prepare to go down Doomspoon.
  • Huntcjna 1 Nov 2010 16:09:50 13,870 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im currently well into this too and only have about 6 friends playing it (who I somehow managed to best on every table last night despite being extremely new to all this). I would welcome some new challenges to aim at so will try and add a few of you peeps.

Loving Biolab the most at the moment I managed 23,000,000ish last night which I was pretty proud of until I saw the rest of the leaderboards.

I didn't play FX 1 but I fancy picking up a couple of extra tables to add to the 4 I got with FX 2 what are the best options?

I presume Street Fighter is a must put I am torn between Buccaneer and Haunted Mansion for the other. :/
  • crwoody 1 Nov 2010 16:17:05 2,553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think one of them is free.

Beccaneer maybe?
  • Doomspoon 1 Nov 2010 16:26:29 2,353 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    crwoody wrote:
    pm sent.

Prepare to go down Doomspoon.

Go for it! I want to try and get a decent score on Extreme, then I'm going to try and up some of those others ;)
  • ram 1 Nov 2010 16:31:12 3,466 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've started to learn the tables and am getting a bit better at this. I think Rome is my favourite of the new tables so far. Up there with Geo Wars 2 with the friend integration, I've got about 10 friends playing this and it's very addictive going from friends scores

If anyone else wants to add me GT - Benny Kill
  • Tricky 1 Nov 2010 16:33:59 4,303 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ram wrote:
    GT - Benny Kill

Possibly the best GT I've heard in ages - nice one.

Thanks for the guide Greggywocky - now it's time to add some more of you lot to my friends list and then get some more tables.
  • Deleted user 1 November 2010 16:35:42
    Doc sent.

To do well in Street Fighter always make sure you've got the ball save lit and then try and start a fight. The symbols beside each character represent a ramp you need to hit, in that order. Then you have to shoot the ball somewhere else (Boat, Akura, etc) to start the fight. During the fight hammer the ramps and avoid the bumpers. All explained in the doc... (page 20)
  • Tio 1 Nov 2010 17:11:57 150 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    skuzzbag wrote:

Well Yes and No, AGENTS is Star Trek:TNG in reverse and another one (cant remember of the top of my head which one will check when I get home) is an old Williams one 'Whitewater' in reverse again.

I am sure this is all done unofficially of course and maybe even by accident but when you look at pictures of them its pretty obvious.
  • Tio 1 Nov 2010 17:15:28 150 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Im currently well into this too and only have about 6 friends playing it (who I somehow managed to best on every table last night despite being extremely new to all this). I would welcome some new challenges to aim at so will try and add a few of you peeps.

Loving Biolab the most at the moment I managed 23,000,000ish last night which I was pretty proud of until I saw the rest of the leaderboards.

I didn't play FX 1 but I fancy picking up a couple of extra tables to add to the 4 I got with FX 2 what are the best options?

I presume Street Fighter is a must put I am torn between Buccaneer and Haunted Mansion for the other. :/

I don't like Street fighter all that much but love the other two , although none of the tables are 'bad'
  • phoopipe 1 Nov 2010 17:29:10 1,357 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Greggywocky... wrote:
    phoopipe wrote:

I've got a 40 page guide for the whole thing that I've been sending people, PM me if you want one..

Thanks il do that next time I'm near the laptop.
  • Vyggo 1 Nov 2010 19:59:47 444 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I picked up the streetfighter table as I had 200 points left, and I am surprisingly into it. Not that I understand what I need to be doing (PM incoming to Greggywocky).

What other table would you guys recommend me buying? I tried a few but I am so inexperienced at pinball and the trial time is too short to get any idea on how good it might be. Preferably a 200 points table instead of a collection, but if one of the collections is really ace I might go for it anyway..
  • Tio 1 Nov 2010 20:02:00 150 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tio wrote:
    skuzzbag wrote:

Well Yes and No, AGENTS is Star Trek:TNG in reverse and another one (cant remember of the top of my head which one will check when I get home) is an old Williams one 'Whitewater' in reverse again.

I am sure this is all done unofficially of course and maybe even by accident but when you look at pictures of them its pretty obvious.

Quoting myself always a bad sign, ok I got home and loaded up and the table that seems to be an exact revers of Williams 'Whitewater' is 'Speed Devils' the car one.

I am not knocking Zen , but they are obviously real pinball fans to nod to two of the greats. (give us Adams family gold).
  • crwoody 1 Nov 2010 21:02:20 2,553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Greggywocky... wrote:
    Doc sent.

To do well in Street Fighter always make sure you've got the ball save lit and then try and start a fight. The symbols beside each character represent a ramp you need to hit, in that order. Then you have to shoot the ball somewhere else (Boat, Akura, etc) to start the fight. During the fight hammer the ramps and avoid the bumpers. All explained in the doc... (page 20)

Thanks for that Greggywocky.

Bloody long read, but from the short bits I did read will come in handy :)
  • phoopipe 1 Nov 2010 21:06:09 1,357 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah thanks Greggy.

Didn't realise the amount of stuff on the table.
  • Deleted user 1 November 2010 21:10:15
    NP. The main stuff about Street Fighter is from page 20 onwards.
  • L_Franko Moderator 2 Nov 2010 10:28:17 9,688 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started getting into this last night and I found it rather addictive. Noticed that crwoody has mad pinball skills. Only have Earth Defence at the mo but plan on getting all of the others over a few weeks. Was hoping that they would give you at least one free table when you download the game but luckly I had 200 ms points. If I was paying more attention i'd have gone for the Street Fighter table.

• crwoody 2 Nov 2010 10:44:37 2,553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Going to have to calm down with playing this. My left hand is now claw shaped :(
  • Page

of 71 First / Last