• Red_Bool 2 Apr 2013 15:24:30 1,174 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Blatantly copied from the XBLA thread:
    PINBALL FX
    -CLASSIC 400msp
    -PLANTS VS ZOMBIES 120msp
    -AVENGER CHRONICLES 400msp

PvZ is tempting at that price. Is it any good?
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 15:28:01
    I dont like Plants v Zombies - its a bit grindy. Games can last a very long time once you know whats going on. Still for 120msp whats to lose?

Also avoid the classic pack - those are old tables from FX1 days and dont hold up very well.

Avengers Chronicles is the pick of the bunch there I would say.
  • Red_Bool 3 Apr 2013 08:13:11 1,174 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks! Already have the Avengers pack, so might as well pick up PvZ - 120msp indeed :)
  • glo 3 Apr 2013 10:47:23 3,434 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    picked up PvZ for 120 points and managed to fluke 220M on my first go. Seemed very easy to trigger multiball. An enjoyable table and well worth 120 points.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 10:58:20
    PvZ got an update on the PS3 to sort a few things out and make it a bit more challenging.

Unfortunately they havent released the patch on Xbox because its too expensive.
  • L_Franko Moderator 3 Apr 2013 11:00:44 9,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, I did notice that you got 220 last night.
    I don't mind though because as you say, it is a fun table. Shall try and get on there tonight.

Also got some Star Wars scores to try and beat at some point.
  • riz23 3 Apr 2013 12:30:10 1,423 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:

*ahem* - I am eyeing up your Boba Fett next.
  • Rusty_M 3 Apr 2013 12:50:19 4,864 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does anyone know how long that deal is due to last?

Edited by Rusty_M at 12:50:52 03-04-2013

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• L_Franko Moderator 3 Apr 2013 12:59:09 9,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    riz23 wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:

*ahem* - I am eyeing up your Boba Fett next.
    Then I need to try and beat your ESB score quickly to distract you from it :)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Apr 2013 23:46:38 39,296 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Son of a BITCH!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Page1 11 May 2013 18:27:45 2,618 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had a quick go on this today, got number 1 on my friends list for sorcerers lair. \o/

I think its time to get the star wars lot.
  • Rusty_M 11 May 2013 18:36:11 4,864 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just noticed that this is out on Steam. It looks like I might not be buying any more tables for the xbox version in that case.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• kentmonkey 14 May 2013 22:22:50 20,863 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I wish the tables were a bit better explained in the game. The instructions for triggering events are bloody terrible:

"To trigger 'burning ring of fire' you first have to shoot the curry ramp (shows very small image of curry ramp, making it unfathomable from the rest of the ramps). Once the curry ramp is lit you need to shoot the floating waiter. With the waiter shot you then have to shoot the phone bumper 20 times, and spell 'waiter' by the loop ramp (can't see any of these).

Now, to deliver curry you need to shoot the van ramp backwards and then take all of the streets (ramps) that flash red. With 22 streets navigated you then have to spell delivery and shoot the middle 'eat' ramp.

Burning ring of fire bonus is yours."

Stop showing me tiny little pictures, stop giving me almost useless cryptic messages (how can I shoot the 'tumbawumba ramp' when the image is fecking tiny giving me no idea what side of the table it's even fucking on, and when I've no idea where the tumbawumba ramp is, otherwise I wouldn't be looking here for help) and start giving me helpful bigger pictures, clearer descriptions or, maybe, just maybe, short videos that could help.

Love the game, but it makes understanding the tables fucking difficult. I can't understand what the fuck is happening on the Thor table. Lights flashing everywhere, mini-games that appear complicated although I just got 25m for one and had no idea how. The Star Wars Empire Strikes Back table melts my mind.
  • riz23 14 May 2013 22:49:31 1,423 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Come on KM it's not that tricky. Even a Sp*rs fan could work it out. One useful trick is that if you hold the 'change view' button down (X on 360) the game pauses and you can move the view around freely with the stick. This lets you get a good look at ramps, targets and rollovers that are mentioned in the rules.

If you want a guide to ESB there is nothing better than an official guide from ShoryukenToTheChin that can be found here
  • kentmonkey 14 May 2013 22:53:37 20,863 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @riz23 Both incredibly useful points. Thanks.

Why the game doesn't mention that about the view button I don't know. That makes good sense.

Honestly though, I really do struggle. There's so much going on on some of the tables (which is why I often dip back to the original Pinball FX tables where it's a bit more sedate) that it's really confusing and I end up just playing 'keep the ball up for as long as possible' rather than tactically scoring.
  • riz23 14 May 2013 23:13:37 1,423 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @kentmonkey For me it's a slow build up. I find a shot I can do naturally. A ramp shot say. I do it as much as I can. I watch what it does, what it triggers. Then I delve into the rule sheet. What does the multiple shots of the curry ramp give me? Oh, it lights the Bombay Aloo target? Where is that? Cue some use of the free view to find it. Try and do it. Success! Now to learn the skill shot. Now to learn a shot off the other flipper I can do on a regular basis. Now I just need to tie it all together into one great ball. Now I just need three great balls. Woohoo! High score!

You are right though, some of the tables are very extreme. Thor is very colourful, quite gaudy and the ball disappears a lot in the ramps. Ghost rider has fast odd loops that can make the ball hard to track. I have to say though I find them all interesting. I don't like PvZ & Epic Quest as much because games last too long on them. Which for pinball does not feel right. It should be an adrenaline fuelled rush of a few minutes, not 30 minutes of endless flipper action resulting in hand cramp.

Edited by riz23 at 23:14:38 14-05-2013
  • Deleted user 21 May 2013 13:14:07
    Finally got the Star Wars tables.

ESB is definately the cream of the crop but seems complicated (which is a good thing).

Been concentrating on Boba Fett for now which is a bit more straightforward. Done all the missions but failed on the 'Hunt for Solo' a couple of times. Never mind it will come.

'Rivals' mode seems a bit odd. Hard to activate and quite likely you will lose a ball when you do. F**k that!
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 13:45:35
    Completed wizard mode on both Boba Fett and ESB now.

ESB is a good table. I like the way you can play various modes and multiballs stacked on top of each other.

ESB I always start off getting the extra ball from the lightsaber training as that is so easy to do.
    Then I start working towards the other Extra balls from activating all FORCE missions, getting max multipliers, the emperors award and completing 3 scenes.

The end of ball bonus can be huge on this table so its well worth taking the time to keep hitting YODA shots to raise the multiplier. Also worth keep trying to get emperor awards to try and get the ‘hold multipliers’.

I have had end of ball bonus’s of over 50 million and Im sure much higher is possible!
  • muttler 25 Sep 2013 05:15:27 4,228 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    On their twitter feed, Zen Studios have been talking recently about their new Star Wars table, Return of the Jedi, coming to Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball FX2.  Strange that they've chosen to do a table of ROTJ instead of ANH, but still, well looking forward to it!
  • griff0x 25 Sep 2013 13:31:59 748 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    riz23 wrote:
    @kentmonkey For me it's a slow build up. I find a shot I can do naturally. A ramp shot say. I do it as much as I can. I watch what it does, what it triggers. Then I delve into the rule sheet. What does the multiple shots of the curry ramp give me? Oh, it lights the Bombay Aloo target? Where is that? Cue some use of the free view to find it. Try and do it. Success! Now to learn the skill shot. Now to learn a shot off the other flipper I can do on a regular basis. Now I just need to tie it all together into one great ball. Now I just need three great balls. Woohoo! High score!

You are right though, some of the tables are very extreme. Thor is very colourful, quite gaudy and the ball disappears a lot in the ramps. Ghost rider has fast odd loops that can make the ball hard to track. I have to say though I find them all interesting. I don't like PvZ & Epic Quest as much because games last too long on them. Which for pinball does not feel right. It should be an adrenaline fuelled rush of a few minutes, not 30 minutes of endless flipper action resulting in hand cramp.
    paranormal table on pc, 2.2 billion took nearly a week :>
  • muttler 2 Oct 2013 09:16:31 4,228 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Star Wars: Balance of the Force table pack release date confirmed, October 16th in Europe for XBLA and PSN.

Will include 3 tables, Star Fighter Assault, which is based on all the SW space battles and Episode VI Return of the Jedi table.

There's also a third table based on Darth Vader, details to be announced soon.

Wii U release confirmed but no date yet.
  • muttler 2 Oct 2013 09:16:33 4,228 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Star Wars: Balance of the Force table pack release date confirmed, October 16th in Europe for XBLA and PSN.

Will include 3 tables, Star Fighter Assault, which is based on all the SW space battles and Episode VI Return of the Jedi table.

There's also a third table based on Darth Vader, details to be announced soon.

Wii U release confirmed but no date yet.
  • muttler 2 Oct 2013 09:18:12 4,228 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nb sorry for double post.  Source: Zen Studio official website
  • riz23 2 Oct 2013 11:31:38 1,423 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @griff0x ah see now that whole stop and save progress and come back just feels like cheating to me. Plus, I got my flow on man! I might not have it when I come back next time! ;-)
  • muttler 12 Oct 2013 07:58:16 4,228 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    "New Marvel content" on the way, Zen are planning an announcement today via their YouTube channel.
  • muttler 12 Oct 2013 20:04:22 4,228 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New Marvel content is a Dr Strange table, announced at New York Comic Con.
  • pac666 12 Oct 2013 20:37:47 203 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Star Wars pod racing seems an obvious table theme not yet done. I love pinball and Star Wars so these tables should be my dream come true yet they are neither true to pinball or Star Wars (non original voices just grate) I play pinball arcade 99% of the time which is a superb pinball simulator alas no Star Wars as zen seems to have the licence sewn up.
  • riz23 24 Oct 2013 22:17:23 1,423 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone got the new Star wars tables? I played the trial and they just didn't grab me. The first ones I haven't insta-bought.
  • Roddy100 24 Oct 2013 23:24:24 780 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @riz23 I bought them for ZP2 on PS3 and Vita and I've been having a great time with them. I don't regret the purchase at all, although I think the first Star Wars pack is still probably the best of the two.

The Return of the Jedi table is quite hard but a lot of fun. The slingshots are very bouncy (unlike all other Zen tables) and the missions are fun but tough (such as the speeder bike in the forest). It's the best looking table of the three.

Darth Vader is a very high-scoring table. There's an assembly mission right at the beginning that you can get an easy 10 million on. It's probably my least favourite table in the pack but still fun. It has many stacking multiball and hurry up modes.

Starfighter Assault is my favourite table of the three. In fact, It's possibly my favourite of all the Star Wars tables released thus far. The missions are quite unique (one is inspired by classic Galaga) and the sheer spectacle of it all makes it quite an addictive table. Being able to choose between the Empire and the Alliance at the beginning is a nice touch and changes a few small details.

If the trials didn't grab you, it might be worth waiting for a discount. personally though, I'm glad I bought them.
  • riz23 25 Oct 2013 00:14:41 1,423 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Roddy100 Cheers Roddy. A nice summary. I will probably get them eventually. I have all the others, I'm sort of compelled to keep going. :)
  • Page

of 72 First / Last