Pinball FX 2 Page 64

• Page

of 71 First / Last

• agparrot 30 Jun 2012 13:32:20 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Glo, did you manually send me that message saying you had beaten by Fear itself score or was that done automatically?

If it was from the game that's a great feature
    I can't remember what it is called, 'Challenge Friend' or something, but if you press X when you are looking at your post-game scoreboard, where it tots up your wizard score and all that, then you can send score challenges to people you've beaten. You can even edit the text of the message to, erm, personalise it a bit, for that special touch.
  • glo 30 Jun 2012 15:21:23 3,424 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Shikasama - I am insulted that you think I am so competitive that I would manually type that long message every time I beat someones's score... :)

It is a great, yet simple feature of the game though and I am surprised that no one else has copied it.
  • Shikasama 30 Jun 2012 15:52:07 6,761 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So it does! I always assumed that'd be an invitation into some sort of MP mode.

Good feature that
  • L_Franko Moderator 2 Jul 2012 09:57:59 9,694 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Downloaded the new tables yesterday and was quite chuffed with all four of them.
    I still have a lot to learn on all of them but I'm slowly getting there.
    I think my favourite is Fear Itself so far but that is mainly due to the fact I know more about what needs to be done. Went to the top of my friends list for a few hours before Larry beat it.
    Managed to SMASH out an ok score on World War Hulk after a few tries so I think I could do quite well on that table after a bit more time.
    The other two didn't get as much play time though but I'll sort that out tonight after trying to get myself back to the top of the leaderboard on Fear.
  • Deleted user 2 July 2012 11:57:09
    I must admit Im wavering on these new tables Ė might have to pick them up soon, they sound decent.

Got a good game on Epic Quest brewing at the moment though Ė topped 1 billion last night and still got 2 balls left. I donít really like saving games and continuing, it never works out well, but I was tired last night and losing concentration.
  • L_Franko Moderator 2 Jul 2012 12:01:52 9,694 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not that I want to encourage you to get them, Alipan, but they are the most interesting group of tables Iíve played on FX2.
    I look forward to seeing your inhuman scores on them in the near future.
  • riz23 2 Jul 2012 12:02:41 1,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jebus! 1 billion! Although I do understand how that would be possible on that table. I don't play it much now becuase a single game takes too long. Didn't consider saving in between it just doesn't feel right does it?

Avengers tables are ok I guess. No better or no owrse than others. The special ball business is a bit wierd, but again its not like we haven't seen similar before.
  • Deleted user 2 July 2012 12:30:52
    Yeah scoring on Epic Quest is a bit weird. Anyone who can be bothered to grind to level 100 will score 10 million points per multiball jackpot. Im currently level 55 and scoring 5.5 million.

Point is anyone who can be bothered to grind it will eventually put up a decent score, but like you say riz its a time consuming table.

I vowed not to get the Avengers tables as I was so fed up with Marvel stuff but videogame pinball is in short supply and now Im tempted!
  • Shikasama 2 Jul 2012 12:37:26 6,761 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When Alipan gets the Avengers set I can officially give up on beign top of my leaderboard!
  • agparrot 2 Jul 2012 12:47:25 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    riz23 wrote:
    Avengers tables are ok I guess. No better or no owrse than others. The special ball business is a bit wierd, but again its not like we haven't seen similar before.
    I think that on the Avengers movie table the different ball qualities are unlike anything on any of the other tables - they really change the way that you score, and therefore the way that you play depending on which ball you have. They also affect which missions and features on the table can be activated, so they're quite different from things like the UV balls on Blade or the web balls on Spiderman, which are largely just visual changes. I think it gives the table a real sense of variety as you choose which bonuses you want at any given time, especially as these bonuses remain in play when you get different character balls into a multiball mode.

I really haven't played much of the other three tables, but Infinity Gauntlet is growing on me quite a lot - again it is very different from many of the other tables. It almost feels spartan at the beginning, like some odd 80's neon-themed bar that nobody drinks in, but it really comes alive once you've started to activate stuff.

WW Hulk and Fear Itself remain tables I've only dallied with. Will indubitably spend more time with them trying to beat glo and L_Franko now!
  • glo 2 Jul 2012 13:04:24 3,424 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    WW Hulk and Fear Itself remain tables I've only dallied with. Will indubitably spend more time with them trying to beat glo and L_Franko now!
    Nooooo, you stay away from my one remaining "top of friends list" high score on Hulk you git.
  • riz23 2 Jul 2012 13:07:54 1,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @agparrot I agree with your comments about infinity gauntlet. There is something sort of retro and 'real' about it even those it has these crazy gems.
  • L_Franko Moderator 2 Jul 2012 13:47:46 9,694 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    glo wrote:
    agparrot wrote:
    Nooooo, you stay away from my one remaining "top of friends list" high score on Hulk you git.
    I though I had a fiarly good run on the Hulk table yesterday but I ended up about 40 million away from your 100+ mill score. Tonight I shall try again.
  • agparrot 2 Jul 2012 13:51:49 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    glo wrote:
    agparrot wrote:
    I though I had a fiarly good run on the Hulk table yesterday but I ended up about 40 million away from your 100+ mill score. Tonight I shall try again.
    I'd completely forgotten that this game has that mode where you can all play at the same time to try and get the highest score. It's woefully underused, I suppose it doesn't put your score on the regular leaderboards and whatnot, but maybe we could have a funtime kickaround with it on some of these new tables.
  • L_Franko Moderator 2 Jul 2012 13:58:04 9,694 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've not touched the multiplayer side of the game at all so that could be an idea there. I just need to find a time to get on as this week is a bit busy and the weekend is be taken up by watching planes fly about.

I hoping to have most of next week off so I'll be about for sure as long as the leave request isn't thrown back. Never has been before.
  • L_Franko Moderator 3 Jul 2012 10:29:14 9,694 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    fairly close to your score on WW Hulk last night, glo. About 14 million away from it with a score of around 94 million.
  • glo 3 Jul 2012 10:49:51 3,424 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    fairly close to your score on WW Hulk last night, glo. About 14 million away from it with a score of around 94 million.
    Stay away! Go play some other table.

I had a few reasonable games last night and I am starting to understand the workings of Avengers and Infinity Gauntlet a bit better. Nothing to surpass my current high scores (or beat any of you lot) unfortunately.
  • agparrot 3 Jul 2012 12:22:19 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have Duallusion on my FL and he caned my Avengers score. I think mine was about 231m, and I've already forgotten what his is - not sure if it is the high 200m or, if my brain is correct, he might even have popped a score nearer to 350m.

I'm sure it's time for me to spring-clean my friends list again, thinking about it!

;)
  • Shikasama 4 Jul 2012 20:55:22 6,761 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I really cant get a handle on the infinit gauntlet table
  • Shikasama 7 Jul 2012 17:43:56 6,761 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally! Got over a hundred mill on the Infinity Gauntlet. Damn that feels good.

Had the Power, Soul, Time and Reality gems but I'll be in the cold cold ground before I ever complete the Mind Gem.
  • L_Franko Moderator 12 Jul 2012 16:35:10 9,694 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been reading a few of the guides on this site which have helped me get a better understanding of a number of tables.
    The guy could do with checking his spelling and grammer but other than that I've found it quite helpful.
  • Doomspoon 12 Jul 2012 17:24:31 2,464 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    The guy could do with checking his spelling and grammer but other than that I've found it quite helpful.
    L_Franko wrote:
    spelling and grammer
    Quite right too! ;)
  • L_Franko Moderator 12 Jul 2012 17:27:04 9,694 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can get away with it, I'm from Wiltshire :)
  • Vice.Destroyer 18 Aug 2012 22:55:25 5,828 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just had an awesome session on World War Hulk. Started playing with the intention of beating my brother, who has a score of 93m. A previous attempt got me 81m on one ball, but still fell short of his score by 2m! That really upset me. But today? I was inspired.

That score of 311m puts me at 374 in the world wide leaderboard. I am chuffed. Alipan? I dare you to beat that score! I dare you.
  • andytheadequate 19 Aug 2012 02:02:54 8,133 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Alipan eats 311 millions for breakfast...

I played this today for the first time in a while and forgot how good it is as a pick up and play game. I don't really go for high scores, I just enjoy playing
  • Vice.Destroyer 19 Aug 2012 08:31:17 5,828 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm different. I play for high scores. And my poor skills upset me. So when I pull out an awesome score, I do get inordinately happy. But yes, the second that Alipan sees fit to spend some shekels on the new tables, I guess I will be the secondbest player on my friends list for this table.
  • evilashchris 5 Sep 2012 17:42:16 6,973 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New Table!

It's great fun :D

Twitter: @COToole

• agparrot 6 Sep 2012 13:01:27 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh, nice review Chris.

Holy Jamoley though, where did the PvZ table come from? I vaguely remember it being mentioned somewhere in passing, and here it suddenly is, in the rotting flesh!

Will demo it and inevitably buy it later, as I struggle to resist buying the shiny tables.
  • Shikasama 6 Sep 2012 13:06:53 6,761 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had a mate down last weekend and he had his first go of Pinball on my Xbox. He got far clsoer to my scores thna he should have done just by keeping the ball in play rather than going as far as to aim for missions, locks or multipliers.
  • L_Franko Moderator 6 Sep 2012 13:09:12 9,694 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not read the reaview yet but I already know I'll be buying it.

I'm trying to get back into Dark Souls and this isn't helping!
  • Page

of 71 First / Last