Child benefit to be cut Page 2

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Oct 2010 09:14:11 10,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Policy development is a combination of creating or maintaining a fair system for the overall population whilst ensuring that the governing party is viewed on favourably to enable re-election.

Working in Westminster is like one big game of Resident Evil mixed with sub-committee meetings in between.

/jaded
  • Dougs 4 Oct 2010 09:15:23 69,125 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jeepers wrote:

Presumably the Govt assumes that two earners (on £80k) have childcare costs that one earner (on £45k) doesn't have. Unless this clause applies to single parents as well as couples, in which case it is retarded.

Don't think a distinction has been made, so a single parent would also be hit. More details later I guess.
  • nickthegun 4 Oct 2010 09:16:01 61,117 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SniperSAS wrote:
    The people who should get it cut are the scrotes that get pregnant on purpose to avoid work. The ones that think a baby is the key to their success and at 19 instead of going to college or woirking they are pushing their prams up and down their slum estates with 3 other teenage mothers on a Tuesday afternoon, smoking and spending their benefits on handbags and cider. They are the twats that need to be forced off their arses, not the people people who've actually payed national insurance for years so that they can get benefits they earned when the time arises.

Come back when you are old enough to have your own opinion. Your dad wont thank you for posting his on the internet.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Dougs 4 Oct 2010 09:16:21 69,125 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    Policy development is a combination of creating or maintaining a fair system for the overall population whilst ensuring that the governing party is viewed on favourably to enable re-election.

Working in Westminster is like one big game of Resident Evil mixed with sub-committee meetings in between.

/jaded

Sounds about right. And then coming up with lines to justify a position, even if you don't quite believe them! It was all so much easier....
  • CosmicFuzz 4 Oct 2010 09:16:29 25,317 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    Fuck it! Lets repeal the Human Rights Act and stop poor people from having children. That'll sort this mess out, bloody spongers.
    You're joking. Which makes it all the more painful when you remember that they are actually planning on scrapping the HRA!

They are?! But what about the European Conventions! Don't we need to have them as part of our law?

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CONVENTIONS

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• Fake_Blood 4 Oct 2010 09:17:08 4,386 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So you studied hard for years on end, got a degree, got a well paying job, and than they ask you to give some of the money to the people who never bothered going to school in the first place, robin hood style.

FUCK
    THAT
    SHIT
  • Jeepers 4 Oct 2010 09:17:57 13,258 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    So you studied hard for years on end, got a degree, got a well paying job, and than they ask you to give some of the money to the people who never bothered going to school in the first place, robin hood style.

FUCK
    THAT
    SHIT

Yes. That's exactly how it works.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Oct 2010 09:18:14 10,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    Fuck it! Lets repeal the Human Rights Act and stop poor people from having children. That'll sort this mess out, bloody spongers.
    You're joking. Which makes it all the more painful when you remember that they are actually planning on scrapping the HRA!
    The Great Repeal Bill is one of the most terrifying things to come out of this government so far.

There were a lot of terrible, positively horrific laws passed by New Labour that have set the UK back in a certain respects but some kind of supermassive act dropping some very key laws is not the way forward. Repeal individual acts and work on replacements if you don't like the law but don't try and sneak in key legislation that could destroy civil liberties more so than any Terrorism Act.

Bring back Section 28!
  • Deleted user 4 October 2010 09:19:13
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:

They are?! But what about the European Conventions! Don't we need to have them as part of our law?

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CONVENTIONS
    :D

I think they plan on replacing it with their own Bill of Rights. Effectively so they can remove one of the good things Labour did and stick their own stamp on the idea instead.
  • TheSaint 4 Oct 2010 09:19:33 14,726 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Means testing would be much fairer but would probably cost more to set up than it would save in the short term.

I still think this is a good idea and I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented sooner.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Oct 2010 09:19:37 10,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:

Sounds about right. And then coming up with lines to justify a position, even if you don't quite believe them! It was all so much easier....

I was going to add doing lines off civil servants' backs but that's all been stopped since the mandatory blood tests...
  • Dougs 4 Oct 2010 09:20:12 69,125 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    :D
  • Gregolution 4 Oct 2010 09:22:19 3,858 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I completely agree with the change. There are way too many benefits handed out to people who don't need them. Unfortunately it won't effect everyone that it should. Contractors for example, will still be able to claim since they generally keep themselves on low salaries and take money in the form of corporate dividends.

IMO they need to simplify the whole system. There are far too many loopholes and complications.

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• S.J.Rogers 4 Oct 2010 09:24:01 3,557 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    woodnotes wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    Seems fair to me, if people cant afford to have kids then DON’T HAVE THEM..!
    Or the current system, if people can't afford to have kids then HAVE LOTS OF THEM and receive a ton of spare cash. And a free house.

I agree. Its sad but true...
  • Fake_Blood 4 Oct 2010 09:27:21 4,386 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah well, it's my opinion that a state shouldn't fuck over the people that make society run in the first place.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Oct 2010 09:27:55 10,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Because there's thousands of empty council houses sitting about waiting for spongers to move int.....oh wait.

Still, patience favours the scummy!
  • Gregolution 4 Oct 2010 09:29:02 3,858 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    woodnotes wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    Seems fair to me, if people cant afford to have kids then DONĂ­T HAVE THEM..!
    Or the current system, if people can't afford to have kids then HAVE LOTS OF THEM and receive a ton of spare cash. And a free house.

Is it? People say this sort of thing, but how does it actually work? 20 quid per week isn't a huge amount to live off. Sorry if I'm being naive but how do they get way more than that as well as the council house etc?

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Oct 2010 09:29:16 10,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Ah well, it's my opinion that a state shouldn't fuck over the people that make society run in the first place.
    Pity that's not how it happens eh.

Perhaps in a future dystopia things will be better.

Vive la revolution!
  • CosmicFuzz 4 Oct 2010 09:30:41 25,317 posts
    Seen 33 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Surely the issue here isn't the people who sit about doing nothing and claiming benefits, but the point Dougs made in the OP, that single parents or families with only one parent who works making just over the threshold to get their child benefit cut off, whilst two separate parents who both make just under the threshold (and thus almost twice as much as the former) still getting it fine.

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• Deleted user 4 October 2010 09:31:29
    Gregolution wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    woodnotes wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:

Is it? People say this sort of thing, but how does it actually work? 20 quid per week isn't a huge amount to live off. Sorry if I'm being naive but how do they get way more than that as well as the council house etc?
    You're not the one being naive, the two above are.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Oct 2010 09:33:51 10,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    woodnotes wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:

But it says so in the Daily Mail so it must be true! ;_;
  • Fake_Blood 4 Oct 2010 09:33:57 4,386 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nah I just believe that people should take responsibility for their own lives, I mean, nobody makes £50.000 a year without working very hard, or achieving a high degree.
    You worked hard, fine, enjoy it, but that doesn't mean you have less right to a benefit, just because you don't need it. How are you going to define need anyway?
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Oct 2010 09:36:09 10,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Nah I just believe that people should take responsibility for their own lives, I mean, nobody makes £50.000 a year without working very hard, or achieving a high degree.

City traders / Old Boys network says HOLLER!!!!
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Oct 2010 09:38:32 10,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The people earning the big money are doing so to make the very rich even richer yet the people saving lives in ICUs in hospitals up and down the country need things like Child Benefit to support their families.

When people doing something truly deserving in society get paid a small proportion of what the money men make then you know it's time to get off this merry-go-round and just end it in a K hole, on fire with some hos by your side. Because if you think too hard about these things, you will go mad.
  • Inertia 4 Oct 2010 09:44:25 677 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    You worked hard, fine, enjoy it, but that doesn't mean you have less right to a benefit, just because you don't need it. How are you going to define need anyway?

So those hard working city traders are working so much harder than our boys on £16000 in Afghanistan.

Making money and how hard you work is about the most stupid comparison to make. And surely the government define need in many ways on the welfare system otherwise how would it work?

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Oct 2010 09:45:40 10,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Please don't bring the Armed Forces into this thread.
  • Stickman 4 Oct 2010 09:46:38 29,664 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    but that doesn't mean you have less right to a benefit, just because you don't need it.

I'm pretty sure it does.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Jeepers 4 Oct 2010 09:47:07 13,258 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    Please don't bring the Armed Forces into this thread.

Yeah, they'll only get pissed and beat up some minorities.

teh satirez!
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 4 Oct 2010 09:48:59 10,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Especially the gays! Many a time I've been beaten off by our boys in uniform.

MATRON!
  • THFourteen 4 Oct 2010 09:50:50 34,274 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    woodnotes wrote:
    S.J.Rogers wrote:

dunno how they do it, but walking past the council houses on my street, they ALL have sky dishes on em.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last