FIFA 11: Eurogamer Clubs

• Page

of 18 First / Last

Previous
  • FutileResistor 29 Sep 2010 21:50:00 1,226 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The 'FIFA: Online IDs and Organise Games (Xbox 360)' thread basically became the unofficial thread of Eurogamer FC and confused a lot of people actually looking to organise games outside of club's mode.

I think Clubs is one of the best things about FIFA and I am creating this thread in the spirit of encouraging more people to try this mode and foster more of a community where eurogamer clubs can be discussed.

Obviously there must be more forum members playing in clubs than the ones in Eurogamer FC but you wouldn't know it since we seemed to be the only club with a presence on the forum, albeit in a thread which despite the rename is still confusingly titled.

The basic idea is that if you are a forum member and want to set up a club and to recruit players you can do it on this thread. Then if we would like to arrange games between forum member clubs, this could also be done here and of course after match reports, friendly banter and basically anything to do with clubs can go in this thread.

In the second post of this thread I will maintain a link to the page where your club details appear and also a link to your club page on EAFootballWorld.
  • FutileResistor 29 Sep 2010 21:50:48 1,226 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Club Name

Eurogamer EA Clubpage Link Currently not recruiting players.
    EG Casuals EA Clubpage Link Currently recruiting players.

Room for more clubs.
  • FutileResistor 29 Sep 2010 21:51:11 1,226 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OK let me get the ball rolling

[u]Eurogamer[/u]

Forum Name / Xbox Live GamerTag

AzzaBomaye / Azza Bomaye
    bangladeshgamer / bangladeshgamer
    bbbbrapstar / bankshy
    Blocky / || Blocky ||
    CrispyXUK64 / CrispyXUK
    caligari / Caligari?
    dunts / dunts
    estoo / estoo
    Fixxxer / AbubakariYakubu
    Foxhavv / Foxhavv
    FutileResistor / FutileResistor
    Hardflip/ Hardflip
    Hendry 89 / Hendry 89
    JamArkle / JamArkle
    LFMartins / LFMartins86
    LiamtheMaster / Invincibubble
    Matt_THFC / | Ninja Badger |
    Hardflip / Hardflip
    ? / OCS K1LLER
    Padrastos / Padrastos
    Retro111 / Retro111
    RizzoCrackers / Rizzo Crackers
    Super Bladesman? / Super Bladesman
    TaffMaster/ TaffMaster
    y2rich / y2rich
    Zomonizc/ ?

Brief Details

The basic phillosophy of the club can be summed up in the phrase have fun and don't be a twat. Whilst we try to be competitive (breaking into the top 100 ranked clubs in the world in FIFA 10 at one stage), the main thing is to have fun and not take things too seriously.

Recruitment Status

We are not actively recruiting new players right now.

EA has implemented a single match room system this year. This means that if you have more than 11 players online at once people will have to sit out of games. Also the servers are broken at the moment and even if you have 11 players online you will probably only be able to get about 6 people playing at once between 7 - 11pm. If you have a 20 plus member club only about a quarter of your players will be able to actually play the game at the same time.

We need to petition EA to re-implement multiple match rooms or 11 man teams, already rare, will pretty much go extinct this year.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2010 21:54:11
    Good skills my man!

DIBS ON LM/LAM :D
  • Deleted user 29 September 2010 21:56:37
    Probably worth pointing out the fun element to which we play, which is probably the best thing about the Club. Even when we're losing we're still having a giggle.

Although that may just be me as I'm usually pished.
  • FutileResistor 29 Sep 2010 22:07:27 1,226 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I'm at work at the moment so I'm just posting the bare details up to start with.
  • caligari 29 Sep 2010 22:12:04 17,018 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Stick me on the list, guys. Hopefully I'll actually get to play some games with you, this time.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2010 22:18:31
    yeah add Caligari. he used to play FIFA 09 clubs with us.

• caligari 29 Sep 2010 22:27:51 17,018 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    bangladeshgamer wrote:

Yeah - they were great fun.
  • y2rich 29 Sep 2010 22:33:07 1,390 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    bangladeshgamer wrote:

I remember those days...ah we were so young and naive back then...
  • caligari 29 Sep 2010 22:34:56 17,018 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    y2rich wrote:
    caligari wrote:
    bangladeshgamer wrote:

I remember those days...ah we were so young and naive back then...

Heh - I spent most of my time on Fifa 10 trying to get to a 'better level of playing' - only to realise that I'll have to start from scratch with Fifa 11, due to the different play mechanics.

Just stick me at left or right back, and I'll be happy. :)
  • Deleted user 29 September 2010 22:39:25
    Happy in the position regardless of formation?
  • caligari 29 Sep 2010 22:41:43 17,018 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:

Yeah - as long as we're not playing 1-1-9 with me as the only defender.
  • FutileResistor 29 Sep 2010 22:44:42 1,226 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There's every chance of that happening.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2010 22:46:37
    :D
  • ElNino9 29 Sep 2010 22:47:34 13,323 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You not getting it on PS3 this year, Crispy?

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Deleted user 29 September 2010 22:48:08
    Nah
  • dunts 29 Sep 2010 23:03:58 4,185 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:

Yeah - as long as we're not playing 1-1-9 with me as the only defender.

I think you might need to have a conference call with Azza and Retro Lol, maybe futile too.

When we are playing a good team, we defend as a team. There can be crazy games though :D

Also, futile, Padrastos is in Singapore till at least December, potentially longer. So he probably won't be partaking.
  • Deleted user 29 September 2010 23:05:32
    dibs lm
  • Hardflip 29 Sep 2010 23:32:20 182 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just to clarify things a little:

Club Eurogamer is closed. It's the veterans club from FIFA10, and the people allowed in will be anyone who is vouched for (people we played with in 09 and 10). We have 20+ active players already which was active throughout the year. It's nothing against new guys, it's just that we're a tightly knit group that plays competitively.

However, I imagine someone will set up a second Eurogamer side for anyone new who gets the game this year. We had 50 sign up for last years one which reduced to 20 pretty quickly.

The best summary is we already have a competitive club, but someone else can feel free to set up a second/casual club.
  • FutileResistor 29 Sep 2010 23:46:00 1,226 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just had a look at the top UK team. 898 points 14 Wins 6 Draws and 6 Losses.

I know Matt and Rizzo have the game early and dunts is awaiting collection. Retro and Foxhavvk obviously already have the game and possibly others too.

Season ends tomorrow, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we could sneak a cheeky top ten finish if the guys who have the game early can get a bunch of games in, and win of course. 8-)

I'm assuming it's the same as last year search for the club and send a join request on the Xbox 360.
  • FutileResistor 29 Sep 2010 23:57:08 1,226 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hardflip wrote:
    Just to clarify things a little:

Club Eurogamer is closed. It's the veterans club from FIFA10, and the people allowed in will be anyone who is vouched for (people we played with in 09 and 10). We have 20+ active players already which was active throughout the year. It's nothing against new guys, it's just that we're a tightly knit group that plays competitively.

However, I imagine someone will set up a second Eurogamer side for anyone new who gets the game this year.We had 50 sign up for last years one which reduced to 20 pretty quickly.

The best summary is we already have a competitive club, but someone else can feel free to set up a second/casual club.

The main idea of this thread was that other Eurogamer forum members would want to set up their own clubs so that we can arrange matches and cups and generally get more of a community around and get more people playing what I think is the best mode of FIFA.

Of course if there is no interest from the EG community at large, it will just become the unofficial thread of Eurogamer FC, much like the other thread.
  • Zomoniac 30 Sep 2010 00:05:21 7,821 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Count me in.
  • FutileResistor 30 Sep 2010 00:13:26 1,226 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I will quote our benevelant dictator dunts and final arbiter on the recruitment of new players.

" There won't be any invites sent out, we already have around 20 players. Regular EGers can join if they wish, no randoms :D "

Zomoniac, If any of the guys already in the club can vouch for you I would say you have a decent shout, dunts will have the final say anyway. Failing that you could be the first to set up and recruit for a club of your own, which was the point of this thread anyway.
  • dunts 30 Sep 2010 00:16:44 4,185 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Final arbiter? What are you on about...

I know it's tongue in cheek but everyone in the team decides if they want new players or not. It was discussed the other night and everyone said that we had more than enough already. It's not just up to me.

There will be some additions for sure, Zom, Cali and couple others.

There is 25 already.
  • y2rich 30 Sep 2010 00:18:42 1,390 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We could just disassociate ourselves from EG. WHAT HAVE THEY EVER DONE FOR US EH?!
  • TaffMaster 30 Sep 2010 00:31:39 89 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FutileResistor wrote:
    Season ends tomorrow, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we could sneak a cheeky top ten finish if the guys who have the game early can get a bunch of games in, and win of course. 8-)

I'd agree, but only the shit players seem to have the game at the moment. We'll be lucky to scrape out of the bottom ten with those losers playing
  • FutileResistor 30 Sep 2010 00:32:21 1,226 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply that we were living in fear of your iron fisted rule or anything dunts. 8-)

Zomoniac can I have your gamertag details please?
  • TaffMaster 30 Sep 2010 00:41:04 89 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like that I can check out your peoples virtual pro pics already

Mine will be Barry Chuckle again

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/profile/360/TaffMaster
  • dunts 30 Sep 2010 00:41:22 4,185 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is so much facepalming going on that I think I've broken my nose.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last

Previous