Warhammer 40K (with the models and everything) Page 2

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• Freylis 13 Oct 2004 18:17:45 995 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Used to play when I was a kid, and started up again about 3 years ago with some of my roleplaying mates. I have two Bloodbowl teams (human and dwarf), about 3500 points of Dark Eldar, and a half-finished Empire army of about 4000 points. I also have a Witch-Hunter warband for Mordheim that I've yet to play with, though they look fookin' awesome! :)
  • Khanivor 13 Oct 2004 19:32:34 40,403 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    After the joy of finding my website had been hacked and defaced I stuck up a few pics.

They are of some of my lead figures, captured on film during the Kitchen Campaign, against the imposing backdrop of Mount Kettle.

3 Marines

3 more

2 Marines

couple of snotlings

Terminator

A fuzzy Eldar
  • deem 13 Oct 2004 19:57:40 31,641 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 14 Oct 2004 01:02:58 6,170 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like the Marines Khanivor, i presume you made up the scheme yourself ? When did you get them, they're completely different to mine !

I found bloody loads of stuff i'd forgotten i had, but the not too broken stuff is below. Also making the worktop barrens a safer place for friends of the Emperium.

Not entirely sure where this guy is from...
    Couple of Terminators
    Marine and Chaplin Bikes
    Slightly battle scared Mephiston
    Captain Tyco
    Imperial Squad
    Imperial Captain
    Imperial Jungle Fighter
    I even have some Human Bloodbowl players !

Its surprising how dusty things can get even in boxes. :/
  • phAge 14 Oct 2004 01:32:04 24,337 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Just checked Ebay for the Rogue Trader rulebook. There's a good condition hardback closing in 3 hours that's currently less than 15 quid.

Where was that one selling for £100?

T'was ere in Denmark. And - just to be certain - the booklet I saw was a copy of the 1st edition Warhammer 40.000 rulebook - that is the very first version of the game.

The asking price was 1200 DKR - around £100. I'll go ask them if they´re interested in buying another if you want?
  • oneiros 14 Oct 2004 09:34:48 1,877 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I too am an ex-lead fiddler, but from the mid eighties when it was mainly fantasy stuff; I think the W40K thing was just coming in as I left for university. In fact, IIRC I have a couple of the original white metal sci-fi marines that became the inspiration for the W40K Marines.

Most of my stuff is unpainted; even as a schoolkid I could afford to buy new figures quicker than I could paint them. I think I was fairly decent, but that was probably more down to attentention to detail rather than skill per se. Found a great technique for doing grassy bases using tealeaves and PVA glue, with Milliput mushrooms and tiny pieces of gravel from my fishtank as rocks. ;)

Eventually, it got to the point that I'd just paint my character for the current AD&D adventure; doing entire armies for wargaming requires that you eschew quality in lieu of quantity - something I couldn't bear to do...
  • Khanivor 14 Oct 2004 09:54:04 40,403 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Some really nice work there doc. I particularly like the bikes. Tis a shame you can’t play a game across the net… Opening the Battle Barge El Filling Cabinet last night I discovered that a lot of my soldiers had suffered multiple knocks and dents with their armour in a less then pristine condition. There are many amputations and my two dreadnoughts both need wheelchairs now. Time to get a few pots of paint and some super glue and do some triage on the poor fellows.

I started buying the figures back in the eighties. Like oneiros I had some of the very first space marines, the guys that looked like a cross between judge dredd and the spies from spy vs spy. I started in earnest once the first WH40K rulebook came out and kept it up as the marines went through a number of aesthetic chances.

I’ll dig some more out tonight. My flatmate’s boy was round last night and was quite taken with all the little green men. Must admit I was too, felt the old connections bubbling up again.
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 14 Oct 2004 15:02:12 6,170 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The bikes are quite cool, although they take surprisingly long to do, and the bike Chaplin is probably the last thing i finished ! Although having seen all the half finished stuff i have, i'm starting to get the urge to start painting again.

Tis a shame you can’t play a game across the net…
    Isn't that what Dawn of War is for ? in part at least.
    I hardly ever actually played 40K partially for the same reasons as oneiros, and when i did it was really bastardised rules that we played cause we didn't have the rulebook !!

It very quickly deteriorated to me just buying figurines that i thought would be cool to paint, i have more commander figurines than troopers.

EDIT : Can't type, won't type.

Edited by Spin Dr Wolf at 14:03:23 14-10-2004
  • Spin_Dr_Wolf 14 Oct 2004 15:05:56 6,170 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tabasco wrote:
    Oh and for all those who are complaining abou the price - Open up a trade account and get 35% off, like I did :o)
    So how did you go about setting that up then.

A friend would like to know. Yeah thats it, a friend.
  • Tabasco 16 Oct 2004 16:41:54 5,780 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spin Dr Wolf wrote:
    Tabasco wrote:
    Oh and for all those who are complaining abou the price - Open up a trade account and get 35% off, like I did :o)
    So how did you go about setting that up then.

A friend would like to know. Yeah thats it, a friend.
    Well your first order needs to be £500 which may be a little steep for most but I just got a few mates in on the act and we had the total in no time. GW will try and sell you either the £500, £1000 or £1500 'Packs' which just have a selection of the best sellers (In their eyes!) but you can just do any order you like really...

And you don't have to give a company name or anything like that as there are a fair few people selling GW stuff on quickly knocked up webpages already...

http://uk.games-workshop.com/independentstockists/default.htm

Go there for some material and the numbers ect...

Oh and Boo - If you are still up for sending those Orks then if you can send an email to imcvey at the gmail place that would be fantastic! :o)

If anyone else has any stuff that they don't want then post here too!!

• Tabasco 16 Oct 2004 16:44:07 5,780 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh and Spin - Some great painting there mate - I think the first pic is a model from the Inquisitor game...Could be wrong though...
  • absolutezero 24 Sep 2007 16:13:07 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dark Angels > All other Marines.
  • QotSAfan 24 Sep 2007 18:17:15 1,660 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nids > all.

Also, yet another Dawn of War expansion in the works.
  • GuiltySpark 24 Sep 2007 19:06:09 6,325 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anything > People who say "nids"

Get bent.

• absolutezero 24 Sep 2007 19:12:45 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Me Imperial Guard army was un-beaten in the length of time that I played (3-4 years), I used to get thrashed any other time I played with something like Eldar or Marines.

Old school I.G. for life yo.
  • GuiltySpark 24 Sep 2007 19:15:35 6,325 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well odds are that with 34972364327492392 shots, you're bound to hit at least once or twice.

Get bent.

• absolutezero 24 Sep 2007 19:17:53 7,956 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think it used to be because I scoured the Codex and knew all the little extra titbits that no one ever bothered with.

Like calling down fire with coms and stuff like that.

Plus its always fun revealing that normal soldier your enemy has infront of his commander is actually an assasin and then killing him.
  • Stickman 3 Oct 2007 16:37:00 29,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The staff are fine IMO. Once they recognise you a bit, they know that you actually like to converse about other things.

It's the other customers that make me want to kill them, then myself.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• LPXO 3 Oct 2007 17:29:54 25 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SgtFrog wrote:

Out of interest, anyone else fascinated with the whole Horus Heresy history currently being fleshed out? The way the new book series is going and information in the Four part artbook series seems to suggest some pretty wild things i.e. Eldar involvement with mankind during the Horus Heresy, the origins of the Inquisition and a link to the Necrons.

Im on the third book of the Horus Heresy and enjoying it. Haven't touched an actual miniature in a few years apart from when moving house though. Still have more unpainted than painted

Do you know where to buy the artbooks? They aren't available from the Black Library so figured there was a limited number printed and I couldn't find any on ebay when I looked.
  • Stickman 3 Oct 2007 17:42:09 29,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The third book is the weakest IMO, the fourth gets it back on track though before it all kicks off with Fulgrim.

I agree about the Inquisition. I think the way to do it, is to make the 'Witchhunter' army the 'Battle Sisters' army, it has enough to stand on it's own. Then you'd have to make the Grey Knights a sub-codex like Blood or Dark Angels, then also another sub-codex for Inquisition. It'd be a weird one though, possibly just with HQ and Elite choices, then you'd pick and choose allies for the rest.

It'd have to be pitched as an elite army, expensive and lethal.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Stickman 3 Oct 2007 19:24:30 29,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    By the way, there's a Warhammer type group that I set up ages ago if anyone fancies joining it.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• LPXO 4 Oct 2007 21:02:16 25 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers dude that looks ideal

Im only at the beginning of Galaxy in Flames but the first 2 were far more enjoyable than I was expecting.

I was disappointed that the Dark Angels were barely mentioned in the first 2 books and didn't look like having much of a look in in the 3rd so Descent of Angels sounds quality. My Space Marine army was DA's cause I thought they had the most interesting history (although sparsely mentioned before Codex Angels of Death came out)

Now I'd just like more info on this 40k MMORPG and news of a new 40k FPS
  • Stickman 4 Oct 2007 23:04:31 29,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rumour has it that huge sections of that third book were re-written by a certain highly prolific Black Library author because the first draft was a big steaming pile of shit. Still got the originial guy's name on it though.

I'd love to see an actual Black Library! Just room after room filed under 'A', then a couple of tattered paperbacks rounding it all out.

edit - I'm wrong, rumours are it was a different bloke did the re-write, not Abnett.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Page

of 22 First / Last