• Page

of 22 First / Last

• L_Franko Moderator 12 Apr 2011 12:04:17 9,686 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Leolian wrote:
    I've added a few more

Mate, some bloody lovely work there.

Didn't get round to hunting mine out last night but I shall at some point.
    This is making me want to head out and buy a new model to paint up. Might have a look at the GW website at lunch and see if anything takes my fancy.
  • L_Franko Moderator 12 Apr 2011 12:06:54 9,686 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thegamesthething wrote:
    And here are some Orks

http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img2251r.jpg/

Like it!
    I very nearly bought that box set just after Christmas as it has some great models in there.
    Just can't justify the cost of a game box set when I'm the only one I know that has any interest in it what so ever.
  • L_Franko Moderator 12 Apr 2011 12:08:14 9,686 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Leolian wrote:
    I've added a few more

Mate, some bloody lovely work there.

Didn't get round to hunting mine out last night but I shall at some point.
    This is making me want to head out and buy a new model to paint up. Might have a look at the GW website at lunch and see if anything takes my fancy.

Stupid end of page post!
  • Stickman 12 Apr 2011 12:36:40 29,405 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The new Grey Knights, especially the Dreadknight, are the first models to make me consider buying them, even at the cost of divorce, for a while.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• L_Franko Moderator 12 Apr 2011 12:55:57 9,686 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just had a look at the new GK range and they really do look awesome. That Dreadknight is an impressive looking model!
    Terminators look rather nice as well.
  • LeoliansBro 12 Apr 2011 13:03:13 41,864 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck me in the FACE how much do I like that Dreadknight model!?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Leolian 12 Apr 2011 13:57:33 1,050 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Liking the whole range of knights. Good articles in this months wd. Loving that skaven bell sticky. Did you use their painting guide?
  • Stickman 12 Apr 2011 14:03:30 29,405 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Indeed I did. The ones on the website are pretty good. They're by Nick Bayton usually, who is a gamer first and foremost, not on the 'Eavy Metal team or anything like that, so they aren't as involved as some can be. Good results nice and fast. He used to work in the Warhammer World store (my local one handily), and mock the mouth breathers with me.

It's my geek claim to fame that I beat him at Warhammer. Once.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Leolian 12 Apr 2011 14:20:06 1,050 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nice!
  • RabidChild 12 Apr 2011 14:34:42 2,283 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the Dreadknight model is awful, and is an awful concept to boot. Definitely one of the worst models they've put out in a while. The giant sword looks ridiculous (and not in a good way). The grey Knight pilot looks like he is in one of those baby carrier things, strapped to the front of the robot, and the whole thing looks so static and undynamic.

The rest of the GK stuff is ace, though. They will be my third army (without dreadknights).
  • Stickman 12 Apr 2011 14:36:51 29,405 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pffft! They clearly rock.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• boo 12 Apr 2011 14:46:46 11,604 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If anybody wants it, I'm almost certain I've still got a Citadel Miniatures book (slim hardback) that had all the winners and highly-commended's from their annual competition (the Golden Brush awards or something).

Just page after page of fantastically painted models in glorious close up. It's fairly old - I think WH 40k had only just been released - but if anyone fancies it for a bit of inspiration, just shout.

Just Another Lego Blog

• L_Franko Moderator 12 Apr 2011 15:50:02 9,686 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Golden Demon awards.

If it is old school stuff from way back in the day you might be able to make a mint on that from a collector. I should look round for what you could make from it first :)
  • boo 12 Apr 2011 15:51:41 11,604 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just looked it up. It's called 'Fantasy Miniatures' and it was published in (I think) 1988.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Nexus_6 12 Apr 2011 16:05:47 3,832 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RabidChild wrote:
    I think the Dreadknight model is awful, and is an awful concept to boot. Definitely one of the worst models they've put out in a while. The giant sword looks ridiculous (and not in a good way). The grey Knight pilot looks like he is in one of those baby carrier things, strapped to the front of the robot, and the whole thing looks so static and undynamic.

The rest of the GK stuff is ace, though. They will be my third army (without dreadknights).

Absolutely this!

I got dead excited when I heard the Grey Knights were out (anyone else think they sound like a wedding band?) but the dreadknight model really failed to impress. RC is exactly right with the baby carrier comment also.

The Tau look amazing, but sometimes the paint schemes they put on them are just a little 'cheap/childish' for my taste. Some of the Space Marine schemes are shocking IMHO. There is a schism between the lovely black and white renderings of the 40K universe and the slightly cartoony miniature reality.

Not that I can replicate any of them mind....;-)
  • RabidChild 12 Apr 2011 16:22:36 2,283 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm split on the Tau - i'm not a fan of the gundam thing, but I quite like that they're blue vagina-nosed space communists. Agreed on the standard paint scheme - all khaki and dull. I always though a high gloss white/orange (think Star Wars storm trooper armour) scheme would look quite cool.

I think there is a place for silliness in the 40k universe - Orks, for example, I like. Also, things like the sisters of battle Exorcist:
    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440308a&prodId=prod1090147)
    Or Inquisitor Karamazov:
    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1140003&prodId=prod1140034a
    Work really well, despite being absurd.

I think part of my problem with the dreadknight is the fluff - they built a giant exoskeleton to fight greater daemons, kinda like Project Grizzly. I prefer that they use their psychic prowess to bring down daemons.

/takes 40k a bit too seriosuly
  • Nexus_6 12 Apr 2011 16:32:11 3,832 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    See, I love the whole manga-esque influence visible in the Tau. It would be heaven if there were models of Appleseed power suits available so the next best thing is this.

Silliness yes - I am all for silliness but still a silliness within the 'rules' of the universe. The dreadknight just doesn't look correct - too tall and easy to push over.

I think some real world colour schemes would look great on the Tau. Camouflage or olive green world war 2 type olive drab schemes etc.
  • Stickman 12 Apr 2011 16:51:03 29,405 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nexus 6 wrote:
    Silliness yes - I am all for silliness but still a silliness within the 'rules' of the universe. The dreadknight just doesn't look correct - too tall and easy to push over.

Man, you must hate wraithlords then!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• phAge 12 Apr 2011 18:24:40 24,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Re: the new Grey Knights - am I wrong in assuming that they will pretty much always rape a Demon-based army? I mean, they are rock-hard to begin with and on top of that they are absolutely mental against psykers/demons.

Although a Culexus Assassin (even as an ally) would be hugely fun against an army in which every single model is a psyker....
  • RabidChild 12 Apr 2011 20:21:21 2,283 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Isn't the daemon codex quite old, too? Codex creep is bad enough, without the anti-daemon GK rules.

Saying that, although the GK are rock hard, they are soooo expensive (points-wise), and it's really hard to design a flexible army with them. They probably will always rape daemons, but I don't think they'll be that amazing against other armies.

Although I hadn't really considered the culexus' weapon ability :o The assassins are all really good, but again really expensive and hard to fit in.
  • Stickman 12 Apr 2011 21:08:08 29,405 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Demon codex is relatively new. To be honest, demon armies could do with a good raping. I also agree that against anything other than demons, GKs are a bit screwed. Definitely a veteran player army. Be interesting to see how they fare at tournaments, which were pretty crammed with demons last time I looked.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Leolian 12 Apr 2011 21:37:04 1,050 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    anyone else think of avatar when they see the dreadknight?
  • the_dudefather 12 Apr 2011 21:56:55 8,976 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think of this

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Tyggen 14 Apr 2011 06:08:37 135 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sadly, I've had to put my Warhammer/40K on hold for a long time now, not enough money to buy all the great models they're releasing lately. Even the new Tomb Kings look brilliant, they were always the least likable team (on account of being completely white, and nothing else). Just before I stopped I had planned to make an utterly bonkers orc army, essentially a menagerie collecting weird and wonderful creatures from all over the old world. Lots of custom rules, hopefully making them just as dangerous for the orcs as their opponents :)
  • Stickman 14 Apr 2011 10:32:32 29,405 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right, sorry to hijack this thread, but I thought I'd offer it here before ebay.

I'm selling a Necron army. It's assembled and undercoated black.

1 Deceiver
    1 Night...thing...the other C'tan
    1 Lord with orb
    1 Lord with destroyer body

8 Immortals
    6 Flayed Ones

40 Warriors

6 Destroyers
    10 Scarab swarms

2 Tomb Spyders
    1 Monolith

All in an official GW army box (apart from the 'lith obviously)

Altogether worth over 300.

200 and it's yours.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• oldschoolsoviet 14 Apr 2011 10:39:49 5,415 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    200 ? That means I've got a couple of grands worth in the loft...... O_o
  • Stickman 14 Apr 2011 10:46:46 29,405 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have somewhere in the region of 3k worth of unpainted models in my garage. It makes me nearly cry just typing that.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Leolian 14 Apr 2011 14:23:59 1,050 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    I have somewhere in the region of 3k worth of unpainted models in my garage. It makes me nearly cry just typing that.
    O_o
  • Stickman 14 Apr 2011 14:28:20 29,405 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I shop when I'm sad.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Tyggen 14 Apr 2011 14:29:41 135 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Time to stock up on more models then :)
  • Page

of 22 First / Last