Dark Souls Page 4

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• Deleted user 3 February 2011 09:32:48
    A gamer with a username 'Piracy Rules' wonders why the game isn't on PC? :D

DcP729UK wrote:
    Vertical Stand wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    how could you continue on from DS if you've vanquished all the demons and laid the old one to rest?

new story with the same gameplay mechanics makes perfect sense.

What about the world in the Nexus hub that was never opened?

what the giants realm? wasn't that the area that was consumed by the fog, and thus the monolith being destroyed? :s

Pure Prequel Cocktease Baby.

EDIT: Gamespot Interview
  • Deleted user 3 February 2011 10:57:24
    there you go, straight from the horses mouth. dark souls isn't a sequel to demon's souls.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2011 11:10:27
    Its hasn't got anything to do with From not wanting to make another Demon's Souls. SCE owns the IP, didn't back the game outside Japan, admitted it was a mistake.

From Software secure a better deal, signing with a third party who will back them internationally. They can now also reach the far larger 360 audience in the USA and UK.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2011 11:19:57
    well i don't see how there could be a sequel, because like i said, you put the old one back to sleep.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2011 11:28:50
    Dark Souls is the sequel in all but name. Sequels happen all the time, for business not narrative reasons, especially for games that are a surprise hit.

Besides apart from the sixth world there were plenty of ways they could, and still might do one with SCE in future. Prequel. One ending in Demon's Souls is canon rather than the other.

Or maybe the old one comes back, with the istory repeating itself and our past exploits are now legendary. There is another threat. Takes place in another world or land we never saw.
  • Syrette 3 Feb 2011 11:31:51 43,450 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thank you Lexx!

• Deleted user 3 February 2011 11:34:55
    Thanks for the thread title change, but it might be a good idea to have the platforms included as well so that more 360 owners check it out.

@DcP There is another thing, aside from the business move, by not being presented as a direct follow up it could be that the developer can be more creative rather than conservative in its design choices, as seen by some of the changes outlined so far.

In conclusion: From Software are Pimps, we're Gimps and Dark Souls is the Dominatrix. Touch the Demon inside me cause S&M never felt this good!
  • Deleted user 3 February 2011 12:32:53
    no, i already explained that the giant realm was destroyed by the fog, so there's no 6th realm. you need to replay DS, the info is in the intro. ;)
  • Dangerous_Dan 3 Feb 2011 13:33:19 2,380 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A destroyed archstone adds to the mystery, it's always about what you don't know that makes you wonder.
  • Dangerous_Dan 3 Feb 2011 13:48:28 2,380 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Ged42 5 Feb 2011 08:49:06 7,731 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Vertical Stand wrote:

Pure Prequel Cocktease Baby.

EDIT: Gamespot Interview

I'm interested in the talk of players growing online together. Sounds like you'll be able to play co-op with your mates and head out on epic quests, rather than gritting your teeth with idiot randoms.

The seemed to be quite a few scenes in trailer that showed groups of heroes going into battle and resting around a fire.
  • Deleted user 5 February 2011 11:17:52
    Yep, that was the impressions I got as well, the idea of playing the whole game together as a party.

While I really liked how online was done in Demon's Souls, helping out strangers was very refreshing, but I'm glad if they do take another approach with Dark Souls to set it apart.

I can't have been the only one who would sometimes set blue markers in far away places so only people I wanted to work together with could find them.
  • Rauha 5 Feb 2011 11:52:17 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about 'real' co-op; co-op, rpg, Japan ... hope they don't go Monster Hunter style :s
  • Deleted user 5 February 2011 11:54:13
    WHATs SO WRONG ABOUT MONSTER HUNTER? /hulk smash
  • Rauha 5 Feb 2011 11:59:38 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't want Monster Hunter in my Demon Souls 2 :'( - they'll have to balance the game for co-op, meaning the single player game could suffer. I have faith in FROM though; and tbf real co-op would be awesome fun :)
  • Deleted user 5 February 2011 12:02:26
    dooon't worry. they have a winning formula. ;)
  • Machetazo 5 Feb 2011 12:39:54 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Big Q&A with director Hidetaka Miyazaki, US PS blog, via vg247.
  • Deckard1 5 Feb 2011 13:54:17 27,981 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gotta pwn them noob lol
  • Deleted user 5 February 2011 13:55:59
    depends if you like picking flowers. :p
  • RedSparrows 5 Feb 2011 13:58:29 22,660 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds awesome. Always wanted Demon Souls, exactly my kind of game I think. So glad it's on 360 too!
  • Deckard1 5 Feb 2011 13:59:30 27,981 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Blastbox wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Gotta pwn them noob lol

its all part of the game mate

I was more taking the piss out the way you write to be honest spartan.
  • Deleted user 5 February 2011 14:03:43
    Blastbox wrote:
    DcP729UK wrote:
    depends if you like picking flowers. :p
    what?
    anyone with sense would buy flowers to counter plague. also, plague weapon users are the scum of the earth.
    ;-)
  • Deleted user 5 February 2011 14:13:56
    Its bad enough DcP wouldn't listen to reason on the previous page without people bickering and fucking this thread up beyond recognition.

Dark Souls deserves better my blood brothers from another mother.
  • Deckard1 5 Feb 2011 14:17:29 27,981 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Blastbox wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Blastbox wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Gotta pwn them noob lol

its all part of the game mate

I was more taking the piss out the way you write to be honest spartan.

How do I write?

Just because you post one line sarcastic quips all the time doesn't hide the fact you're as nerdy as everyone else Dickard. You're on a games forum every day and you're interested in computer games. Stop trying to make out you're cool or in some way above the masses.

However, what does make me cooler than you is I have a body like a greek god.

See I don't create a new profile every day so I can troll the forum with PS3 fanboy shit like you do spartan. That automatically makes you the saddest cunt on here.
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last