Dark Souls Page 1157

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• robc84 6 Feb 2014 10:42:41 5,483 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Didn't they give infinite a 10? It's a good game, but not a 10 for me. Not at the moment anyway. A solid 8 though at least.

I'll probably give Metro a try. Sounds pretty tense and jumpy.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2014 10:52:45 11,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wait for a bit longer Rob, you might increase that to 9. Then again, you might not :)

Yeah, I'm going to try metro. It's free ffs, why not

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• robc84 6 Feb 2014 11:12:03 5,483 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah maybe. PS Plus is just crazy value.

I've added all the PS4 games for when I get it too.

And the Vita ones even though I don't own it!
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2014 11:16:41 11,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I got outlast in frenzied excitement, with just 2 minor drawbacks

1) I've already got it on steam

2) I haven't even got a ps4

• quadfather 6 Feb 2014 11:21:28 11,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can someone please help me?

I'm trying to setup the ps3 to automatically download games via the app on the phone, but it just says, "Waiting" for the games.

I assume that if you setup the ps3 correctly, you can buy a game on psn, and it wakes up your ps3 and installs it ready for when you get home? Is that how it works, or does it just wait until the Automatic Update timeslot is activated?

According to sony -

You need to switch on four settings to use auto-download. If another local user switches on Auto local user log in on your console, this will switch it off for your local user account.

Auto local user log in
    Log in with your Image (Local user) and press Image (Triangle button). Select ‘Automatic Login’ and press Image (X button).

Right, where the fuck is this?

Auto “PSN” sign in
    Go to Image (“PSN”) > Image (Sign In) > Select ‘Sign In Automatically (Auto Sign-In), press Image (X button) to place a tick and then sign in.

As soon as I do this, it tells me that it's turned off auto download. Why? Surely I need auto download enabled, to fucking auto download things?

Auto download
    Go to Image (Settings) > [System Settings] > [Automatic Update] > [On].

And when I do this to enable it again, it turns of the fucking auto psn sign in

Switch on stand-by mode
    Press and hold the PS button, select ‘Turn off console’. The power indicator will turn red.

Probably the only thing I've managed to do

• geeza2020 6 Feb 2014 13:04:52 1,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sure there's a better thread for that kind of question, quad. I have no idea.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2014 13:10:15 11,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, good point - I seem to use this thread as my living room

I'll whack it in the ps3 faq thread

• oldschoolsoviet 6 Feb 2014 13:12:05 5,460 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    USERS is on the far left of the XMB, where there's lil icons/pics per account. Once you've hit triangle and set auto-login on that, it should sort the other two.

As for Metro, shame on you all for ignoring it.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2014 13:14:56 11,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers.

I did choose the far left icon. But pressing triangle brought up a massive list of fuck all

• FogHeart 6 Feb 2014 17:02:55 944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    OK, this is for the more experienced folk. After buying the game on PC so I can experience in 1080p glory, I decided to have a decent go at finishing it, so to that end I'm collecting as much as I can on NG to I can get through NG+ without farming or collecting. I've got all the weapons I could get on NG apart from weapons from Lord Souls (Seath, Nito etc) apart from the bloody Gargoyle Tail Axe which I somehow failed to get from either of them (Church, Anor Londo).

- I've actually gone up to 45DEX for maximum spellcast speed, have put in 18FAI to 'get at' homeward, and I'm currently levelling up END to get it to 40. After that, have I messed up a bit? I've hardly done any VIT which I know will bite me in the arse later when I start NG+, so I know to level that up next. But will I struggle to raise INT (just 11 atm) or STR (just 16) after that given I've put 9 souls levels into DEX and FAI that I could have done without?

- I need to get Souvenir of Reprisal. Seven of them. And I'm crap at PvP. So my only option is the crows which appear to be a real bitch to farm. Any good tips on that?

- I'm hoping to need to just zip through NG+ and NG++ having done all the groundwork in NG by not needing to buy or collect all the spells, miracles or weapons, just convert souls into weapons, so any further tips on NG+ preparation would be good.
  • LeoliansBro 6 Feb 2014 17:05:53 43,816 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's similar to what I did Fog (except STR instead of DEX). You're going to need to start investing heavily in VIT before it gets too expensive, as it seems to be the most imoprtant stat in the end.

I was left with a +15 Zwei, upgraded Havel armour, and enemies that did not give two shits about either.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Moot_Point 6 Feb 2014 17:10:16 3,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @FogHeart Did you attack the tail of the first Gargoyle? That's how the Axe drops. Same with the Gaping Dragon in the depths for that tail weapon.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• FogHeart 6 Feb 2014 17:12:27 944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I was left with a +15 Zwei, upgraded Havel armour, and enemies that did not give two shits about either.
    ????!!!!!

Imminents tears ;(
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2014 17:15:19 11,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FogHeart

I'm assuming this is a dex/int build then.

What's your aim for upping the INT? What for? I'm basically thinking that you'll be shitting souls in NG+, so if you can think of something that can wait until then, you'll find leveling up a lot easier.

It's annoying that basic faith stuff requires such high faith. Could you put that on ng+ standby?

I think not leveling vit will bite you, as you say

What do you need higher strength for? Anything in particular.

I'm just thinking that if you are after a specific item that these stats need, can you just get it in NG+ instead and use the extra souls for a boost (+ silver ring)

Souvenir's are a wanker to get. You'll need the standard 410 discovery, and then from the start of the painted bonfire, I go up to the top of the tower near the start where you can see them in the distance. I think you'll end up pulling one just by going up there anyway. If you've got a long range bow, you can ping an arrow in their kisser and bring them to you. It's a thankless task though. Can't think off the top of my head of a decent route. I bet Architect_Z will know though - I'm sure he's a darkmoon lapdog.

Preparation -

Vitality :)

I'd spend a bit of time farming humanity in ng.
    Along with the snuggly list
    Need to stock up on slabs?
    Assume you're going to join the darkmoon covenant, so can't really upgrade that until you get the reprisals
    estus flask to +7
    maybe kindle the fires a bit to make it easier for ng+

• FogHeart 6 Feb 2014 17:16:50 944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Moot_Point Oh, yes, I think I've done it three times on the PS3 now. I've been puttering with builds on that but only brought one char all the way through and never tried for the Dark Soul. Given the stats I ended with on that char I doubt I could have got past NG+ with it anyway. I just got unlucky both times on this char on the PC version. I hope to rectify that in NG+. I really, really hope :o
  • Moot_Point 6 Feb 2014 17:20:46 3,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    FogHeart wrote:
    @Moot_Point Oh, yes, I think I've done it three times on the PS3 now. I've been puttering with builds on that but only brought one char all the way through and never tried for the Dark Soul. Given the stats I ended with on that char I doubt I could have got past NG+ with it anyway. I just got unlucky both times on this char on the PC version. I hope to rectify that in NG+. I really, really hope :o
    There is another Gargoyle in Anor Londo. Best way with the Bell Gargoyle is to summon Solaire, and when the Gargoyle is fighting him, just keep hitting the tail.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• FogHeart 6 Feb 2014 17:30:57 944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather I wanted to level STR to 24 as that's a sweet spot for being able to use lots of new weapons. Beyond that you need way too many levels to upgrade to get at new wepons and it's really not worth it. But I'm all of 10 levels away right now and VIT is a priority so, like I said, I reckon I've missed out.

I wanted INT just because there are so many nice toys to play with :) but by putting a few levels into FTH I think I've prevented myself from reaching too high. I can keep going with FTH (again, ffs, I do that too often) and use Darkmoon Catalyst but that'll limit which toys I can use. I really wish Velka Talisman and Tin Darkmoon didn't insist that you still meet the minimum requirement for a spell/maracle, as that makes them a bit pointless.

I honestly did not know that your kindling carries over into NG+, that's really useful. Thanks. But I'm not looking forward to unhollowing and running between bonfires praying not to be invaded!

I've just joined Darkmoon with three ears and need more. Tried the crows, they have endless poise and do this shitty kill when they land on you, I can't interrupt their build-up. Am trying my chaos storm but it's hit-and-miss.

I have about 40 soft and 16 hard humanity - well strictly speaking zero hard, finished yesterday with my stain in the skeleton abaies when my greed got the better of me :redface: Keep farming?
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2014 17:42:15 11,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FogHeart

Well, if you can stomach it, there's a decent silver knight run from the solaire bonfire in anor that nets around 13,000 per run. That's without the silver ring, and doesn't include all the knights and doesn't include the sentinels. If you parry all the knights, it takes me around 2-3 minutes per silver knight run - it's a streamlined run though and like I say, doesn't include all the knights + other goons. I just put some music on, get in the zone and go for it.

True, 24 is a nice number for strength. BK halberd drop this time round? Though you can get one later 100% I guess.

To combat the poise on the crow bastards - use a greatswords horizontal attack, or better yet, an ultra greatsword. It's a slow swing, but fast enough to stunlock them

But of course, you'll need your str up for that :)

AOE spells might help too. Got wotg?

I try and have over 50 humanity for ng+ if I can be arsed doing the rats. though that's super quick with a fire based weapon/attack.

But then I use a fair bit of chaos stuff, so I often lose 10 at a time when I balls it up. So maybe you've got enough for now. And the rats in ng+ won't be that much harder if you mess up and lose a shedload

• geeza2020 6 Feb 2014 17:45:52 1,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    That's similar to what I did Fog (except STR instead of DEX). You're going to need to start investing heavily in VIT before it gets too expensive, as it seems to be the most imoprtant stat in the end.

Apologies for my pickiness, but Havels set isnt upgradeable.

Ahem.
  • geeza2020 6 Feb 2014 17:49:21 1,886 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @FogHeart what's your best dex weapon? Does two handing that not stun those crows? The only time I've farmed them was with a str build with a great club, so I'm probably not much help :/
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2014 18:00:41 11,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Great swords definitely stun them and considering you'll be there for a while if you farm them, you might as well invest the time getting the right kit for it

Edited by quadfather at 18:01:19 06-02-2014

• LeoliansBro 6 Feb 2014 18:01:21 43,816 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:

Apologies for my pickiness, but Havels set isnt upgradeable.

Ahem.
    Whoops, been a while.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• quadfather 6 Feb 2014 18:06:21 11,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FogHeart

Forgot to ask. Have you got the dlc? Its generous with souls there too. Might help ease the farming a bit

• FogHeart 6 Feb 2014 19:47:04 944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hello, thanks for the replies - been struggling through London rush hour, constant rain, and tube strike!

As I alluded to, I have really, really prepared to do bugger all on NG+ but collect boss souls and convert them to weapons (and the same with a red and white slabs). I got all of these at my disposal:-

Uchigatana+15
    BSS+14
    Bandit's+14
    Painting+14
    Iato+14
    Lighting Claw+5
    Fire spear+9
    Divine Uchigatana+4
    Occult BSS+4
    Occult Lucerne+4 (a waste, I reckon)
    Enchanted Falchion+4
    Queelag's Furysword+5
    Silver Knight Spear+5
    Pharis Bow+14

Moonlight spear

All the crest shields+5
    Eagle shield+14
    Hollow shield+15
    Spider shield+10

Chainmail+9
    HSW+9

I've collected every other weapon and shield and armour that I can buy or loot but not upgraded any. I know I don't need most of them but I'm ready for anything.

My problem with the crows is because: I got low poise, they got high poise, I can't stagger them with this shield, the best AoE spell I can use is Chaos Storm but they can interrupt me easy. And I can't hold greatswords. I can't use WoG until I upgrade FTH and if I do then realistically I lose possibility of upgrading INT.

For farming souls, you'll be incredulous but I'm using the Darkwraiths. If they do a strong swing, or a kick, or a strong thrust, or a dark hand humanity suck they're dead immediate as they're open to backstab. And their drops are much more useful. It's a faff getting past the drakes each run but I get scales from that anyway.

I'm guessing what I'm looking for is, I know VIT should go up to 40, END to 40, I have DEX at 45, beyond that I got STR/INT/FTH but I can't allocate among them evenly or it'd weaken my character, so has putting some extra in FTH and DEX meant I shouldn't try putting into STR and INT at all if I'm doing NG+.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2014 19:54:09 11,979 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you have 45 dex and a bss and an uchi at that level you should piss the crows

I know your vit is low which is probably the next step

But effectively if you want upgrade other stats you are going to have to farm, whether it's ng or beyond

• MadCaddy13 6 Feb 2014 20:52:56 1,881 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally making some serious tracks on this. Got to those gargoyles on the roof and I was doing well until they bloody split in two! Hopefully I can get my souls back but I doubt it :/ [\spoiler]

Edited by MadCaddy13 at 20:53:25 06-02-2014
  • robc84 6 Feb 2014 22:50:59 5,483 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @MadCaddy13

Was it a lot of souls? You can always grab them and homeward bone back to bonfire.

If you're really struggling you can summon npc help for the boss. I did and it was really helpful.
  • MadCaddy13 6 Feb 2014 23:04:55 1,881 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @robc84 are the numbers on the top left the souls? If they are what do they do? I lost 11... not sure if thats lots or not! Im lvl 23 I think. Knight, ih and how do you summom? I do have the white chalk the sun guy gave me
  • andyc1980 6 Feb 2014 23:41:49 1,094 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MadCaddy13 nope , the numbers in the top left are humanity. And you must be human to summon
  • MadCaddy13 7 Feb 2014 00:14:20 1,881 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @andyc1980 I seeee.... how do you aquire them and why are they there? Thanks for the info!
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last