Dark Souls Page 842

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• PenguinJim 31 Jul 2013 08:30:44 5,859 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I enjoyed the Gravelord Sword as an alternative to my Zweihander. It was my plan to switch to it if I was ever invaded, but it didn't come up during those hours of play, sadly. The toxic damage seemed rather useless in PVE.

If memory serves, it's a Demon Titanite upgrader, and I didn't have another use for my demon titanite at the time, so I went for it.
  • Architect_z 31 Jul 2013 08:36:47 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Towers of Latria was the scariest environment in either game. One thing I did love in Demon's was the Boletria castle, that place was a proper fortress, and I love the fact it had puzzles (sort of).

The running between forts to get past the dragons, plus getting past the dragon to get to the main boss, that took me a good couple of deaths to pass.
  • Dangerous_Dan 31 Jul 2013 08:50:05 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BillCityfingers More than 40 is pointless when it comes to damage. What you should do, is to focus on either intelligence or faith - to get a good buff. Either Sunlight blade or Crystal magic weapon.

You get an uchi +15 and you buff that fella with a strong buff = 800+ damage on a fast weapon.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2013 08:55:48
    Oh... I have an Uchi at +15! My vit seems quite good just now, I could probably leave that just now then and plug some into faith? Not gone the faith route before. Quite surprised this char is still decent as was my first one. My evil PvP mage is still pissing about NG invading randomly. Talking of PvP, and seeing as how I'm gravelord with this NG+ char, I've heard the Lifehunt Scythe and Bloodbite ring are quite a good PvP combo and was going to head to painted world for that once in AL. Anyone here used that?
  • PenguinJim 31 Jul 2013 09:01:52 5,859 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I made the minor mistake of a Faith/Strength character (heavy paladin, I suppose) - there were just too many stats demanding points! You still need DEX at (at least) 16, and STR, END, FAI and ATT were all crying out for attention every time! Plus, for the first time I didn't use that... err... the ring that breaks when you remove it, and kept wondering why my health was only 6xx instead of just over 1,000 as usual. So I had to plug a couple of points into VIT as well.

And then I stumbled across a FAI-based catalyst, and so my target now is to drag my INT up from 8 to 18 to get access to a bunch of dark magic spells... this character is going all over the place.

Heavy STR/END builds need pyromancy as their magic, IMO. :p
  • Dangerous_Dan 31 Jul 2013 09:03:35 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    At 30 faith you can use Sunlight blade. Faith has diminishing returns after 50.

The recommended limits are -

Endurance 40 (no more stamina but the equipment limit still rises in linear fashion)
    Vitality 99
    Dexterity 40 (45 for casting speed increase)
    Strength 40 (more only to single-hand wield the heaviest weapons)
    Intelligence 50
    Faith 50
  • quadfather 31 Jul 2013 09:05:23 12,144 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just put it all into resistance and go naked, punching them out on your way

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dangerous_Dan 31 Jul 2013 09:11:43 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I personally like to get intelligence to 14 or better 16.
    It opens up the Cast light spell which is very handy in the Tomb of the giants. The fall control damage spell which can also be nice in there. The chameleon spell - I like to surprise invaders. The dark magic spell (it's awesome even at 16 intelligence, try Dark Bead)

I also use Power Within, don't be afraid of the life drain - it's well worth it in NG+ boss battles.

Use Power within + uchi 15 + strong buff and destroy the 4 Kings with ease, even in NG+. You'll get bored down there, waiting for the next King to spawn.
  • Dangerous_Dan 31 Jul 2013 09:12:42 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Just put it all into resistance and go naked, punching them out on your way
    Style is vital... ;)
  • Deleted user 31 July 2013 09:31:02
    Yeah I'll grab power within I think. I AM enjoying the reach and moveset with the +10 Fire Gargoyle Halberd and my +15 Great Scythe though... Will be hard to change to a weapon with less reach!!!

My next playthrough will be a naked maniac. This game holds no fear for me now. I'm ready to take all my clothes off....
  • quadfather 31 Jul 2013 09:46:07 12,144 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    My next playthrough will be a naked maniac. This game holds no fear for me now. I'm ready to take all my clothes off....
    Now you're talking. Finally, a REAL Dark Souls player.

Dan did a run with a deprived character - the only viable character selection for real men - with a large club and did some vids.

Dan, you still got them knocking about?

• LeoliansBro 31 Jul 2013 09:47:46 44,236 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pffft. Real men know how to dress themselves decently.

And if you come to me saying 'But LB, what about all those times you helped out with the Gargoyles dressed as a naked woman with a boar's head?' I'll simply laugh it off as you can't prove that ever happened.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Mola_Ram 31 Jul 2013 09:51:47 7,397 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The chicken drumstick helm goes well with nudity.
  • Dangerous_Dan 31 Jul 2013 10:19:54 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago

I have no idea what I was thinking at the time... stupid slow-motion effects. The video is low res. Ah, terrible old times.
  • Architect_z 31 Jul 2013 11:24:34 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    At the moment i'm donning the Bloated Sorcerer's Head

Oddly, it povides some decent protection, especially against magic.
    Its light, and pretty rare, I've been PvPing for an age and I only saw this on someone the other day.

I think it freaks people out when I enter there game, with no clothes on and a massive shriveled bug eyed face for a head.

Took me a good 20-odd runs with 10 humanity and serpent ring to get.

Edited by Architect_z at 11:25:32 31-07-2013
  • quadfather 31 Jul 2013 12:14:02 12,144 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Whereas I found one straight away. Fuck You BSS Karma!

• Architect_z 31 Jul 2013 12:41:42 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So you got a bugs head, but not a B.S.S.

Raw deal man.
  • quadfather 31 Jul 2013 13:12:12 12,144 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, true, don't actually use it.

Thanks for shattering my dreams

• Deleted user 31 July 2013 13:56:26
    Where do you get the bloaty head?
  • Dangerous_Dan 31 Jul 2013 14:09:40 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    Where do you get the bloaty head?
    That takes years of hard work in a local pub.
  • quadfather 31 Jul 2013 14:36:22 12,144 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kill the bloaty head dudes in the township jive place

• Deleted user 31 July 2013 14:49:55
    Expansion pack I take it?

I just get a bloaty belly after years at the pub :|

I'm now on a mission for the lifehunt scythe. Done Sens up to the bonfire during lunch and I'm going to nail me an iron golem later. Then off to painty land I go. NG+ is a piece of piss. My understanding is all that changes once I get to the 4K? How are Ren & Stimpy in NG+?
  • quadfather 31 Jul 2013 14:51:40 12,144 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, sorry, you need the DLC

NG+ is a piece of piss right up to where you exactly are now :p

• Deleted user 31 July 2013 14:56:05
    Ha ha. Damn.
  • Dr_Mech 31 Jul 2013 20:03:21 1,024 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah NG+ is ridiculously easy up until O&S...then, as the kids say (apparently), 'shit gets real', the jump in difficulty is pretty astounding.

Why I find the DLC bosses a lot easier these days, since the first time I fought them was on NG++ characters when they have ridiculous resistances to everything except pure physical damage. Now when I fight them I'm like "hmm this is a tad easier than I remember it being..."
  • quadfather 31 Jul 2013 20:11:37 12,144 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah pure physical damage + buff is the way to go in the long run

• Deleted user 31 July 2013 22:19:01
    I'm rocking my +15 Great Scythe and Power Within right now. Quite tasty. Waxed the Iron Golem and Stray Demon without too much trouble.

Still just upping my VIT. My END is at 40 so I'm not taking that further and my DEX is at 40. My VIT is 38 or something...
  • quadfather 1 Aug 2013 08:43:44 12,144 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sounds about right. You got an uchi at 15 yeah? Are you going for the faith buff or the into buff?

• LeoliansBro 1 Aug 2013 08:54:44 44,236 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just can't get away from a strength build. I know dex is going to be the way to go if you ultimately want to cause more damage but you have to consider all the little helpful extras that come with strength.

Like your weapons knocking people over. Given you'ver just had the temerity to attack some terrifying undead monster, would you rather have him a) on the floor at your feet face first, ready for a further whooping, or b) standing really close to you, extremely pissed off that you just prodded him with a butter knife and not really that fussed about the bleed build up because HERE COMES THE PAIN CRASH BASH YOU DIED.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• quadfather 1 Aug 2013 08:59:18 12,144 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm looking forward to getting back to strength after so much dex. Will be a nice change I reckon

• Page

of 1201 First / Last