Dark Souls Page 807

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• Dr_Mech 23 Jun 2013 11:17:15 1,023 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Eventually you'll reach a point where you can upgrade all your gear to +12 or +13 before ringing the first bell of Awakening, yeah the later areas are really challenging (upgrade to +10 before going for the very large ember)
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 11:49:12
    I haven't upgraded because I haven't got any gear I want to continue you with except the claymore with I've plus fived.

What are good hulk smash weapons? I've got my strength up to over thirty already. Putting all my points into strength and endurance and want the craziness big weapons.
  • quadfather 23 Jun 2013 11:51:45 12,121 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Choppi - the zweihander is good to start with plus its easily available when starting out obviously

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dr_Mech 23 Jun 2013 11:59:26 1,023 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As dearest Quaddy says, the Zweihander is a good start, easily accessible and at 24 strength is the easiest ultra-greatsword to use.

Now for your true smashy smashy you'll want the Demon's Greataxe which requires 46 strength but has an S scaling in strength when upgraded. The hardest hitting weapon in the game (in terms of raw alpha damage). If that is a little too much strength for you to handle, I suggest hitting 40 Strength, farming some Dragon Scales (you'll need 11) and upgrading the Dragontooth club you find in Anor Londo because that is the true weapon of manly men everywhere.

For less manly but no less useful strength weapons you have the Man-serpent Greatsword, The Great Club or one of the Black Knight weapons (Sword, Greatsword, Halberd, Greataxe, though only the Sword, Greatsword and Halberd are accessible early and all of them require luck to get early).
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 14:48:54
    After looking on wiki I'm going dragon tooth and havel great shield, that should put hairs on my chest. :)
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 14:50:42
    That's just wrong.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 15:05:00
    @HairyArse what level are you? Perhaps we can co op on my second run?
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 15:08:10
    Not sure. 32 I think. Stuck at the catacombs and the darkroot basin hydra.

Will confirm when I get home.

Edited by HairyArse at 15:57:55 23-06-2013
  • ProfessorLesser 23 Jun 2013 15:28:15 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there a way to co-op with s specific user then? I thought matching was all random.
  • oldschoolsoviet 23 Jun 2013 15:30:18 5,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hee.

/guard

Hydra, Sif, Four Kings all done on first attempts (less said about getting through NL), fully ranked Darkwraith covenant (new for moi), tasty new toys, and a bit of Depth farming before I tackle the Library and set up the DLC for tomorrow.

I'm both excited and terrified, as I haven't seen anything about it !
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 15:30:54
    Easy enough, just speak to your friend tell them where your sign is. Easy. Must be with in ten levels +10%.

I'm near 32 hairy so can help you if desired.
  • Dr_Mech 23 Jun 2013 15:40:50 1,023 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Choppi

In that case just go full out Havel's set, go for the Havel cosplay, whack on his ring and the Ring of Favor and Protection (aka the FaP ring), focus purely on Strength, Endurance and Vitality to make yeself a beast.

You wear armour and wield a shield made of solid stone, you use a club ripped from a Dragon's maw with your own bare hands, you are Havel the Rock, hater of magic and basher of skulls, go forth and smash!
  • Rhaegyr 23 Jun 2013 16:56:13 1,677 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finding a specific person in DS is very difficult from personal experience, even if you're at the same level and in a specific location. I thought this was common knowledge due to the nature of the p2p servers? It's definitely more erratic and less stable than Demon's Souls.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 17:19:10
    I've found it works every time.

Havel full set it is. Crest shield and plus 10 claymore until I get the havel set.
  • oldschoolsoviet 23 Jun 2013 20:13:04 5,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Prepare to Die Edition
    Well, they got the name right. Kicking my ass, stripped of all knowledge and power in the new locales, and bloody rage-inducing stuff. Probably my own fault for tackling it at Lv45 :D

Think I'll be warping back, just after another wee bit. And another.....

YOU DIED

Grrrr.
  • bantamenace 23 Jun 2013 22:27:04 73 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just placed the Lordvessel! (got the game in August!)
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 22:53:10
    Choppi wrote:
    Easy enough, just speak to your friend tell them where your sign is. Easy. Must be with in ten levels +10%.

I'm near 32 hairy so can help you if desired.
    Sounds like a plan.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 23:06:27
    got the zewkander?,Killed havel, hydra, capra demon then died twice in the depths and suddenly realised I can't be bothered to repeat this. Oh well, awesome whilst it lasted and I was killing everything but as soon as I hit any problems in the depths my interest evaporated as I've already completed it.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2013 23:43:54
    YES! Get in!!!!!!

Fucking ha!

Had a weekend away. No dark souls. So came back at it tonight. Killed laurel and hardy first go didn't even need to heal! God I feel brilliant! +5 furysword. 10 humanity. Little chap took about five swipes then big boy took about ten. Fuck yes. I'm dancing. You can't see me. But I'm dancing.
  • oldschoolsoviet 24 Jun 2013 00:18:31 5,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Congrats !

Now the real fun begins......New Londo and The Tomb of Giants in particular.

Has anyone been through Oolacile, as I may need a few pointers ?
  • Dr_Mech 24 Jun 2013 07:01:38 1,023 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    YES! Get in!!!!!!

Fucking ha!

Had a weekend away. No dark souls. So came back at it tonight. Killed laurel and hardy first go didn't even need to heal! God I feel brilliant! +5 furysword. 10 humanity. Little chap took about five swipes then big boy took about ten. Fuck yes. I'm dancing. You can't see me. But I'm dancing.
    Grats my friend, you have bested the hardest boss in the game (If you don't have the DLC, if you do...hehehe...there is a boss harder). Biggy and Smalls is probably the only boss fight where learning tells just isn't enough, every other boss you can learn tells, attack patterns and such but the chaotic nature of the start of the fight makes such a thing impossible when solo.

The bosses from here on in are kind of gimmicky in some ways and you have a lot of paths open to you.

Be warned if you do go into the DLC the 2nd boss (of 3 mandatory ones and 1 optional one) is nearly immune to fire damage and the end boss resists it heavily, so you'd have to switch out the Furysword for them.

oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Congrats !

Now the real fun begins......New Londo and The Tomb of Giants in particular.

Has anyone been through Oolacile, as I may need a few pointers ?
    Where abouts in the DLC are you, in OOlacile Township or are you still making your way through the forest to the 2nd boss?

Edited by Dr_Mech at 07:02:59 24-06-2013
  • oldschoolsoviet 24 Jun 2013 09:00:57 5,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Erm, I stumbled into Manus's lair last night. And the 'humanity' - O_o

Pointers in terms of what's there - I ended up looking at a few things, wood carvings, dark magic, Gough. But there's just the few areas Wood, Sanctuary, Township, Abyss, correct ? I think I somehow imagined there'd be a bit more. Had a couple of helpful summons guiding me, so that helped.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 09:10:52
    Dr_Mech wrote:

Grats my friend, you have bested the hardest boss in the game (If you don't have the DLC, if you do...hehehe...there is a boss harder). Biggy and Smalls is probably the only boss fight where learning tells just isn't enough, every other boss you can learn tells, attack patterns and such but the chaotic nature of the start of the fight makes such a thing impossible when solo.

The bosses from here on in are kind of gimmicky in some ways and you have a lot of paths open to you.

Be warned if you do go into the DLC the 2nd boss (of 3 mandatory ones and 1 optional one) is nearly immune to fire damage and the end boss resists it heavily, so you'd have to switch out the Furysword for them.
    Cheers, feel quite a bit of relief. It wasn't them that was annoying me so much as the constant invasions getting close to them. I just disconnected from live, summoned Solaire and went for them. Nice and painless. But then I'm finally learning to use my speed as opposed to try and block everything.

Don't have the DLC, think I'll buy it for my next playthrough though as can't get enough of this game.

Think I'm gonna do New Londo now as want to be able to +15 my Uchi, then 4 Kings before going to do Great Hollow, Ash Lake then down into that nice lava place past Quelaags.

Really glad I went back to have a good look through Sen's Fortress as found the Covetous Gold Serpent ring which really helped me farm humanity. Also killed those pesky titanite demon's down the bottom. They were annoying me.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 09:16:00 24-06-2013
  • Widge Moderator 24 Jun 2013 09:46:00 13,544 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The 3 big cats in the forest. Did anyone tackle these fuckers without using the "hide in the trees beyond where they can get you" method?

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• oldschoolsoviet 24 Jun 2013 09:47:55 5,478 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Widge

Hell, no. Poison arrows from a distance.
  • LeoliansBro 24 Jun 2013 09:49:29 44,168 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    The 3 big cats in the forest. Did anyone tackle these fuckers without using the "hide in the trees beyond where they can get you" method?
    That's why the trees are there :D

They were the first WTF enemy I came across in the game. Amazing.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• King_Edward 24 Jun 2013 09:51:10 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I got stuck in with my Smough hammer, but otherwise hid in the trees, or avoided them altogether.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 09:54:13
    I ran in and killed one quickly. Then ran away, picked one off from the trees with my bow then ran in and killed the third. No way taking them all on close range at once. Madness. It's that roll attack, bloody lethal.

Edit: Then I found out as a Forest Hunter they wouldn't have attacked me, anyone know if this is true? I ran in and twatted one without waiting to see.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 09:55:10 24-06-2013
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last