Dark Souls Page 803

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• Deleted user 20 June 2013 07:43:49
    Is this game still worth picking up? Or should I just get demon souls or wait for the next one?

It's one of those games that I've just never got round to playing.
  • LeoliansBro 20 Jun 2013 08:16:54 43,227 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Play it.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• quadfather 20 Jun 2013 08:48:09 11,815 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BillCityfingers - right. You want to beat o and s? Here's how.

First of all tell me what kit you have, what weapon you have and how much they're upgraded.

Then, turn on your 360/ps3/whatever and sign out of the network.

Starts dark souls

Go to depths and kill rats via first bonfire for a bit of humanity

Go to anor

Get used to killing the silver knights on the way to the sentinel room. Take whatever path you like

Kill the stupid archer in that room along with the 2 sentinels. Take stock of everything and summon solaire. Go through gate.

Now I always move to the right when I go in to avoid o's rush attack. Then I get some space between me and them.

Wait until they're twatting solaire and concentrate on kicking the absolute shit out of O.

Keep a real close eye on S to make sure you're not too close to distract him from solaire. If you do get too close simply run to the other end of the hall and try again.

If you do it right solaire may even last to the second part of the battle.

Now take it real easy, and take your time, using the pillars to keep him out of arms reach.

Watch his patterns and strike when you can.

Some people don't use the pillars and just wade in up close as most of his attacks don't hit you if you're as close to him as possible - Except his lightning bum groundpound . always get out of the way of that - at least 2 rolls back

You still may die a few times depending on the initial rush attack / getting cornered / solaire dying too quickly but odds are you'll have it done in a few go's

Do NOT get cornered or back into a pillar. Free space saves lives!

Now go and twat them!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 20 June 2013 10:07:55
    @quadfather I have a Furysword+4 or the uchigatana+10. Furysword not as potent now I'm down humanity a fair bit but still decent enough. Am I right in saying O is weak to lightning? Is it worth upgrading my lightning spear?

I hate that lightning bum groundpound! The other attack I can never dodge is when he rushes me with his hammer then sweeps it.

Right. Dammit. I can do this. Focus... Focus...
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 10:19:54
    You always need a pillar base between you as it stops his charge attack and most others.
    You are too high level to get summons sadly,
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 10:34:03
    @Choppi Yeah I thought I probably was. Was having too much fun levelling up!
  • Mr_Sleep 20 Jun 2013 10:44:23 16,840 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Some people don't use the pillars and just wade in up close as most of his attacks don't hit you if you're as close to him as possible - Except his lightning bum groundpound . always get out of the way of that - at least 2 rolls back
    That's me, the last two characters I have used have been dexterity characters with light loadouts and I found this method by far the most effective. The thing is, when I was playing as a heavy character I used to be very slow to attack and circumspect but I learned with that character that sometimes it's just best to get in there and wail on an enemy :-)

You are a factory of sadness.

• Architect_z 20 Jun 2013 11:03:03 2,374 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @BillCityfingers - Fire is good against O+S.

Tips:
    a) Concentrate on killing one at a time.
    b) Use the pillars to help you attack them.
    c) If trying to kill Ornstein first, create distance between him and Smough. O normally moves faster.
    d) Buffs work wonders, fire resin on your katana should make short work of either of them.
    e) Good luck
  • quadfather 20 Jun 2013 11:10:22 11,815 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    @quadfather I have a Furysword+4 or the uchigatana+10. Furysword not as potent now I'm down humanity a fair bit but still decent enough. Am I right in saying O is weak to lightning? Is it worth upgrading my lightning spear?

I hate that lightning bum groundpound! The other attack I can never dodge is when he rushes me with his hammer then sweeps it.

Right. Dammit. I can do this. Focus... Focus...
    You can do it mate, trust me. You need to focus, but you also need to relax. it's very important.

Hm, I can't remember which one is resistant to fire/lightning. Both of them are resistant to either fire/lightning.

I wouldn't use the furysword though. I'd stick with something that has a lot of physical attack only. If you can buff it with magic weapon, or great magic weapon, then all the better.

Maybe that uchi with a buff would do more damage.

do some practice runs with the intention of dying/not making it to see what damage you can do. You'll be more relaxed this way doing it. Experiment with 2 handing stuff too - it's not as if you can block much of they're attacks (least not without a massive huge shield)

• quadfather 20 Jun 2013 11:50:09 11,815 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    *their

• quadfather 20 Jun 2013 11:50:48 11,815 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Architect_z wrote:
    @BillCityfingers - Fire is good against O+S.
    This, I've seen pyro players kill Smough (after Ornstein is dead) in 3 or 4 hits using greater combustion, amazing.
    Fair do's then. Maybe the furysword will do the job then? I assume Bills fury sword is at +5?

• Deleted user 20 June 2013 11:52:53
    Cheers guys. I'll give it a blast later. I'll get some fire resin for the uchi and stay close to Onions legs. The times I have done well are the ones that I've been right up his arse with a sword.

I still don't think I've had that many goes at them, maybe 5 or 6 so probably just getting a bit impatient. I have no excuse not to waste them with all that good advice :-)

I honestly don't know why I'm so high a level. I mean, I've been taking my time a bit with the game as it's so much fun but wasn't conscious of being particularly slow anywhere. It's these damn sentinels. You can get about 9000 souls in a few minutes. Plus the Painted World of Ariamis, actually, the Phalanx was a good soul farm. I think I've gone up 25 levels in Anor Londo & Ariamis alone... Ah.. Yes I see what I've done now...

Right. Plan. I'm gonna go to the depths. Farm some humanity, then get a shit load of Charcoal Resin from that spooky bitch behind the bars. THEN I'm gonna go back to Londo, summon Mr Jolly Cooperation and kick some fat booty.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2013 11:54:17
    @quadfather +4. Oh! I know, I'll kill some of those titanite demons so I can upgrade to +5 as well...
  • Dangerous_Dan 20 Jun 2013 12:02:08 2,378 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BillCityfingers You can try to always have a pillar between you and big Smough. But if you are nimble then I'd get as close as possible to him. That way he won't charge towards you. If he jumps away from you close the gap immediately. If he takes any of his swings with the hammer then role towards him, into him, not away. It's really easy to dodge all his swings. It's just the illusion that he's big and you have to get away from him - the opposite will bring victory.

Be patient and chip away at him, always keeping some stamina in reserve to be able to dodge.

The only thing you have to learn is his lightning ass smash attack. When you see him starting it then immediately roll away from him 2, better 3 times - then close the gap agsin immediately.
    If he does charge you anyway then don't roll away (gut reaction) but roll to the side.

Bottomline - don't listen to your gut on this one but control your instinct to get away from him and close the gap.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 12:03:40 20-06-2013
  • quadfather 20 Jun 2013 12:21:19 11,815 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, what Dan said is more effective I reckon

+4 will be alright

• Deleted user 20 June 2013 12:30:17
    Right. I'll stick with the plan then go back and nail them. I think I was just never rolling away far enough for his lightning bum attacks.
  • quadfather 20 Jun 2013 12:37:48 11,815 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BillCityfingers - Yeah, you definitely don't want to be near him for that - you just won't survive in the long run

• Dangerous_Dan 20 Jun 2013 12:38:59 2,378 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right. I'll stick with the plan then go back and nail them. I think I was just never rolling away far enough for his lightning bum attacks.
    That's the one thing you have to watch for. Keep a cool head and always look for what he's doing. Between each of his actions he has a short resting phase. Towards the end of that phase you should not be hitting him but already prepare for his next move. That way you have the extra short second to get away from him when he does his lightning jump-smash.
  • quadfather 20 Jun 2013 12:47:15 11,815 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dan - you forgot a bit at the end of your last sentence -

When he does his lightning jump-smash, the silly fat wanker

• Dangerous_Dan 20 Jun 2013 13:01:17 2,378 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Haha, yeah. I remember my first run through the game. I did curse O&S quite a lot - same with the DLC bosses. At low health they are really difficult*.

* - a #### ## ### #ss

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 13:02:41 20-06-2013
  • oldschoolsoviet 20 Jun 2013 13:19:46 5,457 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Level 67 in Anor Londo? Oh dear, that's why you can't summon. :(

I'm on (yet) another character now, just got to AL and only level 37. :p
    Yet I've poured some G.Dragon souls from 35 > 40. LOTS more into gear, farming humanity and large titanite in between. A bit risky, but still getting summons galore in the Depths. I was probably around the mid-60s when I first hit AL myself.
  • quadfather 20 Jun 2013 18:07:13 11,815 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Have to say, while I'm primarily a dex char, an upgraded zweihander is power to the people indeed

• Deleted user 20 June 2013 18:10:22
    @Goodfella so did you go get the large ember from new Londo before going to AL?
  • quadfather 20 Jun 2013 19:19:25 11,815 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah you can nip in and ninja the very large ember if you're lucky

• azurelas_2 20 Jun 2013 19:48:56 1,108 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I remember destroying Artorias on my first playthrough. Now he's handing my arse to me every. single. time.
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last