of 1196 First / Last

• Architect_z 10 May 2013 14:02:42 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron

I think it gos:
    Fast and the Furious (1st one)
    2 Fast 2 Furious (2nd one)
    Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (3rd one)
    Fast and the Furious (4th one - even though it has the same name as the 1st)
    Fast and the Furious 5 (5th one)

and then Fast and the Furious 6.

Why they are even making a 6th one is.....wait....adjust....why they even made more than 1 is questionable. But I still love them, its one of those 'its so shite its good' kinda thing.

EDIT: (The 4th one might be THE Fast and the Furious)

Edited by Architect_z at 14:04:22 10-05-2013
  • Widge Moderator 10 May 2013 14:18:33 13,268 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd like to see a period version of it: Thee Fast and Thine Furious.

Lots of pimped out chariots.
    Wenches.
    Blacksmiths crancking up ass temps for the next big race.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Architect_z 10 May 2013 14:37:07 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Widge - That would be sweet, ou could have a gentleman go up and say "Well I must say, the condition of your chariot is admirable, I do bid you fair performance in the forthcomming race old chap"

It would totally sell.

@Goodfella - It just does. I think the interviewers said that the homing souls mass was based on Vin Diesels car in the first fast and the furious film. I'm sure I saw that somewhere. ^_^
  • Elathron 10 May 2013 14:48:23 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - Haha, I know what you mean. It's very much what Tropic Thunder was taking the piss out of when they did their spoof film ads at the start of the movie. I'm waiting to get back and start watching the Battlestar Galactica series after watching the pilot film last night. Was surprised how well they'd done it in comparison to the original.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Elathron 10 May 2013 14:50:32 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Architect_z wrote:
    I can't wait for Fast and the Furious 6
    Is this somehow relevant to this thread?
    Indeed. I'm thinking about making a car thief class. Low intelligence, high faith/low dex/high strength... Wears no armour as prefers to be bare chested and balding, uses fists even when projectile weapons are equipped. Lastly, constantly backflips off cliffs.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 10 May 2013 14:55:57 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ^ lol
  • Architect_z 10 May 2013 16:34:27 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ok guys, seriously, I need a step by step guide of how to save Solaire, ive tried twice and he either gets maggited or winds up as a corpse.

How do I save him?

Done the level 2 in chaos, opened the shortcut, what happens next?
  • King_Edward 10 May 2013 16:41:50 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kill the maggot.
  • Dr_Mech 10 May 2013 17:04:04 1,007 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The easiest way to save him is to not talk to him at the start of the game (easiest on NG+ or if ye don't care about being summoned). Basically get up to Chaos Servant +2, open up the Shortcut and head down it, kill the Sunlight Maggot THEN go to all his locations and talk to him.

1)Undeadburg.
    2)Anor Londo
    3)Sunlight altar
    4)Lost Izalith Bonfire after centipede Demon.

Then go back to the Daughters of Chaos bonfire, go back down the shortcut and Solaire should be sat at the end, once you've talked to him there his summon sign should appear at the top of the stairway to Gwyns room and you've successfully saved Solaire. Have a Sunlight Medal!

The other way to do it is to talk to him at the start but not talk to him in Anor Londo and then just go through the same steps.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 17:10:40 10-05-2013
  • Elathron 10 May 2013 20:22:41 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yup, Dr Mech is correct in the above. You can use Solaire in Kiln PvP like this. Highly recommended!!!

• Architect_z 11 May 2013 09:43:39 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If solaire dies when hes been summoned in a boss fight, does he die in the game?
  • Lotos8ter 11 May 2013 10:12:59 2,353 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Architect_z - no, that never happens with any of the summon NPC's, but Solaire is the hardest to keep alive.

Fiat Lux

• Architect_z 11 May 2013 10:47:17 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shame you can't summon paladin leeroy for more fights. Maybe a cool feature for Dark Souls 2, depending on what class you choose, you can get a class-based hero to help you with some boss fights.
  • Mola_Ram 11 May 2013 10:50:10 6,996 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Brolaire helped me kill the end boss. Good times.
  • Elathron 11 May 2013 16:41:14 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z Or Maneater Mildred/Tarkus for that matter. I guess it's just more reminder of the desolation of Lordan...

• Elathron 11 May 2013 16:47:22 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted

• Dr_Mech 11 May 2013 16:58:29 1,007 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    If solaire dies when hes been summoned in a boss fight, does he die in the game?
    Infact he is the only Phantom that can be saved and one of two that aren't dead already. Iron Tarkus dies in Anor Londo, Witch Beatrice was killed by the Four kings, Lautrec doesn't have to be killed but usually is (because he is a bigass jerkbag), Kirk dies (if you do all three of his events).

There are two exceptions to this, Maneater Mildred is basically a player on a challenge run (naked, Plank shield, Butchers knife, Sack) and Brolaire either goes insane and has to be put down or you end up saving him.
  • Architect_z 13 May 2013 10:27:58 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think if you save Solaire, you should get a special Alternative ending, where you and solaire find some ho's in Lodran and get wasted in a cadillac while driving through Anor Londo.
  • Tuffty 13 May 2013 13:27:49 1,507 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I completed NG+! Nito was much easier than I remember, while Four Kings was a lot harder.

Now, time to do it all again....
  • Architect_z 13 May 2013 14:45:15 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Tuffty - whats your objective? To get to NG+++++++?
  • matrim83 13 May 2013 15:25:31 5,587 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Guys, whats a good quality build weapon for mid range PvP.

I am gonna top out at around 20 STR and 20 DEX. Will probably be using Darkmoon blade or Sunlight blade.

Currently doing pretty great with the BKS but its not buffable.

Valar morghulis.

• Dangerous_Dan 13 May 2013 15:37:55 2,380 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @matrim83 Silver Knight sword should be alright, but I think it needs 22 dex, not sure. Claymore should also work quite well or the gargoyle halberd.
  • matrim83 13 May 2013 15:46:29 5,587 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm, I dont mind putting another couple of points into Dex. I dont really like the Claymore moveset so thats out probably.

Edit Can you buff the Silver Knight SS?

Edited by matrim83 at 15:47:04 13-05-2013

Valar morghulis.

• senso-ji 13 May 2013 15:47:15 5,800 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @matrim83

Great Scythe. Scales A with Dex at +15, with 250 base damage.
  • Deleted user 13 May 2013 15:56:12
    matrim83 wrote:
    Can you buff the Silver Knight SS?
    Yup :)

I'm not a fan of the Great Scythe personally. The moveset is fairly weak and there seems to be several 'blind spots' where you whiff completely. Also, since ENB did his "Greatest Dex Weapon Ever" announcement they seem to be fucking everyewhere!
  • Architect_z 13 May 2013 16:01:21 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @matrim83 - I have been PvP-ing with my Faith character for ages now, Occult Claymore+5 has won me many battles, good move set, high magic damage. As for a buffable alternative, I use a Balder Side+15, and normally a Shotel+15 as a backup weapon if against a shield whore.

A weapon I do love, is the lifehunt scythe, you have to take precautions if using it in PvP though, use a bloodshield firstly, and other item that reduces bleeding damage would be useful too. I'm not a fan of the great scythe though, its just abit boring.

Edited by Architect_z at 16:10:07 13-05-2013
  • senso-ji 13 May 2013 16:10:17 5,800 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Ironlungs76

The 'blind spots' can (with skill) be used as dead angles, which are vital for PvP. The jumping attack of the Great Scythe is one of the best in the game.

The weapon was very popular in PvP way before ENB's video.
  • King_Edward 13 May 2013 16:46:41 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So Manus is a bit aggressive, huh? I think I survived a good 20 minutes just rolling around without daring to swing my Zweihander. I think I need something a bit quicker.

Tried Kalameet too. Died a few times but his moves are fairly predictable. I think I can take him.
  • Dr_Mech 13 May 2013 19:22:23 1,007 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He is doable with the Zweihander, did it myself on my Faith/Strength build with a Divine Zweihander.

Have you saved Sif? If so you can summon him during the boss fight (summon sign is on the left from where you appear in the boss area). He does pitful damage but he occasionally acts a distraction, giving you enough breathing room to pop an Estus.
  • Page

of 1196 First / Last