Dark Souls Page 753

• Page

of 1217 First / Last

• King_Edward 3 May 2013 12:59:20 11,466 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Went back to Demons Souls yesterday (cause of this annoying fucking problem on Dark Souls). Why couldn't they get Dark Souls as silky smooth to play, Demons is so much better framerate wise it's not funny.

Presumably cause they went multi-platform?
    Going back to Demon's Souls only made me appreciate how ambitious Dark Souls is. It looks amazing, the world is huge, and the difficulty is ramped right up. Going back to DeS is a comparative cakewalk.
  • Architect_z 3 May 2013 14:05:35 2,385 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Goodfella - I'm currently playing Demon's, I forgot just how hard it is by comparisson. I'm absolutley loving it.

The enemies, bosses and environments are so scary and dark.
    The boss fights are great due to the tactics you have to implement, currently taking on the Maneater on that narrow bridge. Its a nightmare!

Can't wait for Dark Souls 2, hope they get a nice in the middle kinda game. All the good bits from either game included in the finished product.
  • Dr_Mech 3 May 2013 22:16:10 1,047 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Having seen the gameplay footage for Dark Souls 2 has me thinking.

For example there is one part where the Dragon burns the rope bridge and you plummet to your death.

Knowing From, I'm now half expecting them to troll us by having that not happen or happen when you're closer to the other side, so everyone inches forwards, getting ready to run and when it doesn't happen they begin ambling across the bridge only for it to happen behind them and begin a panicked booking it before the bridge collapses.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 22:16:22 03-05-2013
  • Dr_Mech 4 May 2013 17:20:18 1,047 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well just tried Snorlax and Pikachu on a Soul level 1 run, two hours and no dice, came very, very close at some points but I feel I'm just not upgraded enough for me to do it at my skill level (yes there are people who do it soul level 1 naked and with Cestus but those guys are gods compared to me).
  • King_Edward 4 May 2013 19:46:25 11,466 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One's fat and one's lightning.
  • Deleted user 4 May 2013 21:49:01
    So, this week I've been mostly working on a Gravelord character.

Turns out that a lot of the initial problems with the Covenant are (slighty) fixed. I've beenj happily GL the Burg for the best part of this week (as well as random invasions by SL1 characters that think they are THE BOMB).

Good fun, I just need to muster the desire to grind Eyes of Death in Deaths or Great Hollow, neither area are my favourites.

Also, as an aside, I was GL/Red Signing in Kiln earlier and got summoned to a world qwhere I had to fight a phantom. The host was healing him AND worst of all, providing the Trident buff. Poor form, I thought.
  • King_Edward 4 May 2013 22:38:21 11,466 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was twice summoned as a red phantom after placing a white soapstone sign tonight. Then got indicted for bowing, then kicking ass.
  • Progguitarist 4 May 2013 23:05:45 10,506 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is this permanently glitched on ps3 now? Flames disappear for me, can't see pyro magic anymore.
  • Progguitarist 4 May 2013 23:14:42 10,506 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm ridiculously stuck. I gave up a while back at the entrance to blight town. Got cursed by those frogs  in the sewers (couldn't see the fog because of the graphical glitch). Can't find my way back there now.
  • King_Edward 4 May 2013 23:22:40 11,466 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I'm ridiculously stuck. I gave up a while back at the entrance to blight town. Got cursed by those frogs  in the sewers (couldn't see the fog because of the graphical glitch). Can't find my way back there now.
    Back to the Basilisks? There's a shortcut behind the butcher in the first room in the depths. Takes you to the giant rat, then jump down the waterfall.
  • romelpotter 5 May 2013 00:16:57 201 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a SL1 Dark Wraith and pvp by the church. Its not coz I enjoy wielding mighty power over players, its because i am shit and that is my pvp level haha.

Mind you, I don't think I have actually fought any noobie players.
  • King_Edward 5 May 2013 08:29:29 11,466 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can't possibly be that shit if you managed to join the darkwraiths at SL1.
  • Deleted user 5 May 2013 10:44:21
    On reflection of some serious Gravelord sessions recently, I wish that From had implemented a system whereby you were immune to Darkwraith invasions whilst Gravelording.

There's nothing more irritating than having to use an Eye of Death and then get killed by a Darkwraith and loosing your Eye and having to spend another one.

If I want to Gravelord PvP then let me fight only the fuckers that I'm affecting, not all and sundry :(

In all fairness though, I'm kicking ass and taking names so it's not too much to fret about but the trek to the Depths to grind more Eyes on NG+++ is somewhat tedious.
  • SuperBas 5 May 2013 19:21:03 1,478 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there a point where you're strong enough to wield the Zweihander as if it was a smaller, lighter sword, or will handling it will always be unwieldy?
  • romelpotter 5 May 2013 19:33:54 201 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well yea I agree but somehow with PvP, out of 10 or so experiences (which isn't much I admit), I have only won a couple.

Sif was easy(Sir Spamalot), 4 Kings wasn't so bad once I got the strategy down; with PvP I think mentally I just go to pieces.

Was the same for WOW.

Edited by romelpotter at 19:36:03 05-05-2013
  • Tuffty 6 May 2013 09:32:19 1,708 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is hilarious

• AcidSnake 6 May 2013 11:39:24 7,289 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quick question, I was helping someone out in (PTD spoiler) Oolacile Township and saw a lot of red phantom enemies added to the usual enemies...Was that a gravelord curse? I thought they'd be black?
    (I've been cursed many times but have never seen a difference)

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• romelpotter 6 May 2013 12:07:57 201 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thinking black phantoms are red phantoms so yea.
  • Dr_Mech 6 May 2013 18:32:57 1,047 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    YAY O&S down on a soul level 1 character.

Jebus that fight was tough...

Now on to the Lord Soul bosses....ech...not looking forward to that.

Still my new +3 Lightning reinforced club should help out there, going to do some farming to get enough souls to ascend the Pyroglove to its full potential.
  • Elathron 8 May 2013 11:39:23 1,189 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Getting barer and barer nowadays :( makes me sad that I'm only really getting 1 invader at a time in Darkroot Garden now. Anyone up for some PvP practice tonight on XBL?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• LeoliansBro 8 May 2013 11:44:13 44,722 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:
    Is there a point where you're strong enough to wield the Zweihander as if it was a smaller, lighter sword, or will handling it will always be unwieldy?
    Strength doesn't change attack speed or the animations. Nor attack damage.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• LeoliansBro 8 May 2013 11:52:30 44,722 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    God I'm stupid sometimes. It's what comes from a dex build.

I deserve a smack with something that scales with strength.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Architect_z 8 May 2013 11:53:27 2,385 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For any of those on PS3 with the horrible glitchy thing thats going on. I found its fine if you play in offline mode. Dunno if this helps. I can only hope they fix it soon.

Almost completed Demon's Souls
  • Page

of 1217 First / Last