Dark Souls Page 746

• Page

of 1199 First / Last

• Elathron 17 Apr 2013 15:31:46 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Big-Swiss
    16 Million Souls?????????????
    PvP... Many of my regular opponents drop 500k/1+mil souls when they're killed. Other than that a lot of it has been from repeated runs through the NG's, O&S have got nothing on 4 kings now...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Mr_Sleep 17 Apr 2013 15:51:31 16,989 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep - Nope :p The most I've ever lost was 16 million. Since then I've been just a little paranoid about losing a similar amount. To the point of taking on bed of chaos/Artoriarse only while wearing a RoS :confused:
    Well I don't blame you for the paranoia! RoS is a mighty fine thing in some situations. I remember I instinctively put on one when after I went up a lift and saw all these crystals on my route up some stairs. That was a perfect example of sensible paranoia. Turns out my paranoia was entirely founded :-)

You are a factory of sadness.

• Elathron 17 Apr 2013 18:42:57 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - Damned straight that bit needs one. Alternatively you can wear a Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring & a RoF. Then you can walk in, dance for a bit, have some estus; generally f**k about. He won't do a single thing (unless you make a noise) because the poor dragon has gone blind through too much masturbation. Funnily enough he's living (actually undead but who's alive in Lordran?) proof that wanking won't make you hairy, quite the opposite in fact. Unless he waxes. Do dragons wax?

I digress. Lol.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Deleted user 17 April 2013 20:29:19
    Thinking about doing another challenge playthrough on this.

For those who care to remember my last one was the SL3 Sorcerer playthrough some 6 months ago (which, after much cursing did get finished, despite the fkn 4 Kings rape-age).

Anyhoo, a low level no shield challenge is probably next on the agenda (with the SL3 Sorcerer and naked SL11 Depraved in the bank already I'm running out of options).

Anyone done a no shield game? Any potential pitfalls?

I'll likely not level much at all again, if only to up the ante so maybe a low level character (
    Any feedback welcomed before I decide to start out...
  • King_Edward 17 Apr 2013 20:42:04 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bow and Arrow only.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 20:46:53
    King_Edward wrote:
    Bow and Arrow only.
    That's entirely plausible, I've RP'd a ranger through most of the game before, it can't be too much different I guess.

Pharis's Bow, a bit of Dex and poison arrows. Sounds interesting :)

No shield bow-only run through?
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 21:36:08
    Goodfella wrote:
    Dual shields only run. It's been done believe it or not.
    Done that already, sorry :(
    (at least I cheated on 4 Kings but there you have it).

A long time ago so maybe it's not as easy as it once was but 2 x Kirk's shields and a Boneshield was a riot.
  • Deckard1 18 Apr 2013 12:43:32 27,773 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Picked this up on GOD a few days ago after giving up and trading it after about 10 hours when it came out. Still really struggling to get into it, its just such a fucking chore. Was the framerate always so bad? I can't remember it being this bad the first time I played it.

Hush you ponce

• Deckard1 18 Apr 2013 12:52:41 27,773 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not constant, but pretty major drops quite regularly. I started again, and at the top of the castle thing where you drop down onto the first boss thing slowed down to crawl, and I can't look at that giant crow near the start without it dragging. It's also slowing down a lot in combat, especially if I've been hit and there's a spurt of blood.

Hush you ponce

• ZuluHero 18 Apr 2013 12:54:18 4,105 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think you have to have a certain mindset when playing. Try not to focus too much on the bigger picture stuff and enjoy all the little victories. Opening short-cuts, reaching the next bonfire, defeating a boss, levelling up etc

Its definitely a 'more about the journey' game.
  • Deckard1 18 Apr 2013 12:56:35 27,773 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    360, whatever version was 15 quid on games on demand.

Hush you ponce

• King_Edward 18 Apr 2013 12:57:53 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's normal. You just get used to it. Once you've been through Blighttown it all feels smooth as butter by comparison.

Phone corrected Blighttown as Brighton. Clever phone.

Edited by King_Edward at 12:58:49 18-04-2013
  • quadfather 18 Apr 2013 12:58:23 12,007 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Goodfella wrote:
    Dual shields only run. It's been done believe it or not.
    Done that already, sorry :(
    (at least I cheated on 4 Kings but there you have it).

A long time ago so maybe it's not as easy as it once was but 2 x Kirk's shields and a Boneshield was a riot.
    Crossbow only?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 18 Apr 2013 12:59:54 12,007 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Not constant, but pretty major drops quite regularly. I started again, and at the top of the castle thing where you drop down onto the first boss thing slowed down to crawl, and I can't look at that giant crow near the start without it dragging. It's also slowing down a lot in combat, especially if I've been hit and there's a spurt of blood.
    That's definitely not normal - it should only really slow that noticeably in blighttown. I've not got it for the 360. Any other 360 users confirm/deny?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• King_Edward 18 Apr 2013 13:00:59 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Bow and Arrow only.
    That's entirely plausible, I've RP'd a ranger through most of the game before, it can't be too much different I guess.

Pharis's Bow, a bit of Dex and poison arrows. Sounds interesting :)

No shield bow-only run through?
    I'd love to see this.
  • ZuluHero 18 Apr 2013 13:01:56 4,105 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Phone corrected Blighttown as Brighton. Clever phone.
    I find the same effect after I've been to Brighton for the weekend to be honest :)
  • King_Edward 18 Apr 2013 13:03:03 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    That's definitely not normal - it should only really slow that noticeably in blighttown. I've not got it for the 360. Any other 360 users confirm/deny?
    I'm sure it is. I have it on PS3 and almost my first thought when I first got it was how much worse it ran than Demon's Souls. Now I don't notice it at all.
  • SomaticSense 18 Apr 2013 13:31:11 8,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    360 and PS3 here, and it only properly slows down in Blighttown and New Londo Ruins. Same on both formats.
  • Elathron 18 Apr 2013 14:08:56 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Still does for me in certain areas of BT/NLR on 360. Also a bit in Darkroot basin and the Depths. Basically anywhere where the particles have to interact with water. The game has hydrophobia.

• Architect_z 18 Apr 2013 21:21:23 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ironlungs76 - Crossbow only. Bet no ones ever done that.
  • romelpotter 19 Apr 2013 18:42:12 148 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got my SL1 Dark Wraith today, very happy about that. Invaded, they grabbed another spirit and I took both of them on and..yea died.

Yup still shit at PvP. Ha!
  • Elathron 19 Apr 2013 20:48:24 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nice... Never tried that because I can't help but level up to ridiculous heights :confused:
    Does that mean you could potentially do lvl 1 dragon summons? Interesting because it's not obvious that your a hostile immediately. Ish. I'll try that when I get the chance methinks!

• SparkyMarky81 20 Apr 2013 00:47:45 565 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And there was me feeling all warm and smug for vanquishing S&O singlehanded at the first attempt on NG+...
  • Dave_McCoy 22 Apr 2013 01:25:03 2,774 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've dared go back to the game again and dagnabbit it's bloody hard. Just got the Watchtower key and Havel (?) is giving it to me big time. I seem to swear a lot on this game.
  • fiery_jackass 22 Apr 2013 09:55:28 472 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got an SL1 Wraith and an SL1 Dragon: find them a bit of a mixed bag tbh. I've had some great duels with +0 weaponry and had some good "relatively benign educational invasions" with people new to the game, but half the time the stupid system bungs me into an SL100 game or similar, usually over fairly rapidly. Or gankers, grrrrr.

One-shotting an opponent and getting +21 souls doesn't stop 'em gesturing and posing like bastards afterwards either.

Also note that what few SL1 invasions I get are usually using +5 lightning hand axes or +5 pyro flames. What motivates that sort of asshole is a source of confusion to me.
  • romelpotter 22 Apr 2013 10:03:51 148 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had a few invasions with the same gamer yesterday. The guy had a huge spear with Lightning and I couldn't get near him. Lost 3 times to the damn spear.
  • Page

of 1199 First / Last