Dark Souls Page 744

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• matrim83 4 Apr 2013 20:27:52 5,587 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So there is a fix out now that will let people in your Friends list summon/invade you without fucking around for half an hour and praying to the GFWL gods.

http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/1bkuv1/pc_pvp_players_connectivity_fix_ensures_immediate/

Valar morghulis.

• Elathron 5 Apr 2013 10:37:49 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @matrim83 - Huh? I can't get onto the link but is this a patch or a MOD? Haven't played for a few weeks so I may have missed this on the console (but I doubt it's for consoles as who cares about us now hahaha).

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 5 Apr 2013 11:18:34 2,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I wish you could play the whole game through with a friend. My mate and I have done an interesting co-op on dark souls a few weeks ago.

We both picked a starting class and you we could level to SL 20, and could only use weapons in the same catagorie as your starting classes weapon. (i.e. If you started as a cleric, you could only use clubs/hammers)

(Also you couldnt choose pyromancy).

I picked the hunter class, and its really fun. Just a ballache trying to summon all the time.

Edited by Architect_z at 11:23:33 05-04-2013
  • AcidSnake 5 Apr 2013 11:25:38 7,214 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great news! Zavvi finally delivered my Christmas present...(I know)...
    So now I've got a shiny copy of the PTD edition waiting for me...Can't wait!

Now that all you fine people have played it to death I imagine, would you suggest re-rolling a character or should I go with my NG+ tank build?

I'm up to Sen's I believe...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• FourSevenZero 5 Apr 2013 11:56:32 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    I wish you could play the whole game through with a friend. My mate and I have done an interesting co-op on dark souls a few weeks ago.

We both picked a starting class and you we could level to SL 20, and could only use weapons in the same catagorie as your starting classes weapon. (i.e. If you started as a cleric, you could only use clubs/hammers)

(Also you couldnt choose pyromancy).

I picked the hunter class, and its really fun. Just a ballache trying to summon all the time.

That sounds like a pretty cool playthrough I like the limit to your classes weapons, proper roleplaying :D

I played pretty much the whole game with a mate my first time through summoning each other into our games (this is on PS3) and at the moment I'm watching Rurikhan & MFPallytime co-op the whole game as Ornstein & Smough, that's been cool! So it's doable

I haven't been on for a while and I'm still stuck at Manus in my dlc playthrough, thinking of having another go tonight though but am I right in thinking that if I summoning a helper I can't use Sif? I still totally failed last time with a summoner anyway and haven't been back since!

I've got to finish the dlc so I can finish this playthrough but toughest fights in the game for me!
  • FourSevenZero 5 Apr 2013 13:35:48 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    Great news! Zavvi finally delivered my Christmas present...(I know)...
    So now I've got a shiny copy of the PTD edition waiting for me...Can't wait!

Now that all you fine people have played it to death I imagine, would you suggest re-rolling a character or should I go with my NG+ tank build?

I'm up to Sen's I believe...
    You'll need to start again for the PtDE disc version, it's a separate game from vanilla DkS
  • AcidSnake 5 Apr 2013 14:06:59 7,214 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My saves won't transfer?!

Oh dear...Thought they'd be compatible somehow...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• RelaxedMikki 7 Apr 2013 23:21:39 927 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Man, this game is proper evil genius.

And I don't mean 'Bond Villan' evil genius. Not that 'actually a bit soft movie-bad guy' evil genius. I mean actual evil genius.

So I am in the Depths. All going well. Just had my first view of the Gaping Dragon. Figured I would finish off the giant rat first. On the way to the Giant Rat I fall down a hole. (You know where this is going...!) Figuring I don't want to waste another 10 minutes making my way out of the sewers I let myself be killed by one of those harmless frogs, just to get back to the bonfire...

CURSED. PUTA F**KING MADRE...!

I haven't put any levelling into hit-points (as I figured I didn't need it against normal baddies, and bosses were one shotting me anyway). I now get killed by two hits from anything...

Crap toast.
  • AcidSnake 8 Apr 2013 01:28:51 7,214 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just to correct 470,saves do transfer...Luckily...burned through Sen's and AL and got to the PTD content...
    What a charming kitty cat I encountered right away!

Got intimate with hammer dudes...They are annoying...

And then I thought I'd try looking in the huge arena style building...And I found you-know-who...Bastard...

But just to check, that's not where I'm supposed to go right now is it?I thought that fight would end the DLC...?

• King_Edward 8 Apr 2013 07:47:01 11,454 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So Sen's Fortress. How the fuck did I ever get through here?
  • Lotos8ter 8 Apr 2013 08:26:03 2,350 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:And then I thought I'd try looking in the huge arena style building...And I found you-know-who...Bastard...
    But just to check, that's not where I'm supposed to go right now is it?I thought that fight would end the DLC...?
    Sorry to break it to you, but yeah, that's exactly who you need to defeat before the rest of the DLC is open to you.
    In case you missed it, there 's a lift shortcut that you can unlock that takes you from nearish the Elizabeth bonfire to that arena area bypassing most of the enemies.

For the fight, bring your A game, be patient and I personally find stamina regeneration is key because he just eats shields (especially when powered up) - take some grass or even better mask of the Child or Cloranthy Ring and don't get greedy, its a patience, finesse battle not a slog, tanky battle.

Fiat Lux

• Tuffty 8 Apr 2013 09:13:18 1,500 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, you can't trade blow for blow with him. It is about stamina management and patience. When you see him take the opportunity to 'power up', run up to him and keep attacking so you can break him out of it. Good luck!
  • FourSevenZero 8 Apr 2013 09:16:33 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    Just to correct 470,saves do transfer...Luckily...burned through Sen's and AL and got to the PTD content...
    What a charming kitty cat I encountered right away!
    Really? Apologies for wrong info then! but I didn't notice anything when I put the PtDE on and just had to start a new game. How do you transfer them?
  • AcidSnake 8 Apr 2013 13:52:54 7,214 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @470:
    I installed the new disc and it just recognised the saves...Which was a lucky break as I'm not sure I could have walked through that area the way I did if I wasn't on NG+...And with walked I mean suffered through about 19 fully powered estus flasks...

OK, so I have to go through you-know-who to continue...
    I managed to get about 30% health off him first try so not too bothered about it really, and the shortcut is useful...But like Lotus8ter said he eats shields for breakfast...I'm rocking Havel's greatshield, though for this encounter I might switch back to Artorias' greatshield as it's more stable...
    That with cloranthy ring should see me through...And I've quickly learned that having him power up is not the best idea...

• Red_Bool 8 Apr 2013 17:52:14 1,173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ..... Oh, so that's what he's doing! I left this for a bit because I got distracted by other stuff (that and I got a bit of Capra Demon deja-vu ;)) I really should man up and get back in there...
  • Elathron 11 Apr 2013 20:48:24 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So I'm gonna be helping my mate get the Dark Soul cheevo, which means Skyrim will take a back-seat. Lordran here I come!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Elathron 11 Apr 2013 21:12:44 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Goodfella - Errr, the one you get for completing all the others? Think he's got to get the spells, covenant mainly, and kill a few bosses etc. The weapons we did a while ago when I dropped several thousand items in a prolonged bump. I'd never seen so many achievements pop for so many points in 5 minutes (Madden aside...)

• SparkyMarky81 11 Apr 2013 21:26:41 562 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Goodfella The Dark Soul
  • Elathron 13 Apr 2013 10:54:09 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not at all dude. Perhaps not the best name for an achievement really.

• quadfather 13 Apr 2013 11:47:51 11,812 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Man, this game is proper evil genius.

And I don't mean 'Bond Villan' evil genius. Not that 'actually a bit soft movie-bad guy' evil genius. I mean actual evil genius.

So I am in the Depths. All going well. Just had my first view of the Gaping Dragon. Figured I would finish off the giant rat first. On the way to the Giant Rat I fall down a hole. (You know where this is going...!) Figuring I don't want to waste another 10 minutes making my way out of the sewers I let myself be killed by one of those harmless frogs, just to get back to the bonfire...

CURSED. PUTA F**KING MADRE...!

I haven't put any levelling into hit-points (as I figured I didn't need it against normal baddies, and bosses were one shotting me anyway). I now get killed by two hits from anything...

Crap toast.
    I love this post :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Lotos8ter 13 Apr 2013 14:56:35 2,350 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Missed Priscilla's fucking invisible tail AGAIN in NG+. That weapon is such a fucking pain in the arse to get. Bollocks.

Fiat Lux

• Mr_Sleep 13 Apr 2013 14:58:44 16,838 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I never really figured out how that was even possible. I struggled enough with the scaleless motherfucker.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Lotos8ter 13 Apr 2013 15:03:48 2,350 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - there's a few strategies - use arrows to highlight where she is (the arrows stay visible for a few secs even if she isn't) and gives you time to circle strafe and go for the tail.
    OR use an unupgraded weapon to try and make her visible then switch to your main for the tail. I tried the latter and it didn't work, I think my Uchi +15 made her bleed and she doesn't have a lot of health anyways.
    When I've calmed down, I'll contemplate going for it 3rd tme in NG++ but I CBA at the moment.

Fiat Lux

• Mr_Sleep 13 Apr 2013 16:00:20 16,838 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, I see. Well that makes sense I guess. I'm not sure it's something I can ever bother to do as there's loads of weapons I do not have and I'm not too bothered about achievements. Although I do still want a balder side sword, of course.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Fixxxer 13 Apr 2013 16:34:43 1,303 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Throwing knives stay on her for good.
  • King_Edward 13 Apr 2013 23:05:31 11,454 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Picked up the PtD edition today. Dissapointing you can't carry your save over from the standard game but I was ready to start a new character anyway. Any tips for co-oping with friends on PS3? Eventually managed to get summoned for the gargoyles but it took a while.
  • geeza2020 16 Apr 2013 12:24:12 1,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/13/getting-dark-souls-all-wrong/
    ....Weird.... This is almost exactly the same thing that is happening to me right now.

I slated this game about a year or so ago after renting it from Lovefilm. But since I played it last I have been working my way through games like Super Meat Boy and Spelunky and suddenly the deaths in this dont seem quite so severe. They've even become fun in places.

Still found myself swearing my head off at Smough and Ornstein last night though :)

I take it all back, its a brilliant game :D
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last