Dark Souls Page 739

• Page

of 1193 First / Last

• masseffectman 15 Mar 2013 13:40:40 4 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I find Dark Souls to be a game of beauty and utter frustration, caused by myself really. I find that i give the game a break because of a section i can't get through, then it starts to haunt my dreams, forcing me to come back to it. It's magical, i've not felt this way about a game for ages.
  • SomaticSense 15 Mar 2013 13:43:19 7,919 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @SomaticSense - chuck em all in your bb
    I hate filling the BB with multiples of the same items. I already have about 15 in there as it is. I can't farm for shards in that area without getting a stack of bloody BSSs each time.

:D
  • Lotos8ter 15 Mar 2013 14:10:46 2,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SomaticSense - you wind up merchant you :champ:

Fiat Lux

• Architect_z 15 Mar 2013 15:24:24 2,374 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hehehehe. Quad should just stick with strength weapons
  • Rhaegyr 15 Mar 2013 15:37:06 1,403 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The hidden bonfire in Sen's Fortress is a must!

On another note - entering Sen's Fortress was the moment I knew this game would have a hold over me for a long time.
  • quadfather 15 Mar 2013 15:50:21 11,808 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @SomaticSense - chuck em all in your bb
    I hate filling the BB with multiples of the same items. I already have about 15 in there as it is. I can't farm for shards in that area without getting a stack of bloody BSSs each time.

:D
    You absolute cad!

/first world problems eh

hehe

Well, what you could do is feed em to frampt

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 15 Mar 2013 16:13:51 2,374 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ^ lol
  • Azazel 15 Mar 2013 18:36:03 726 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So, I took ENBs advice and upped a Great Scythe to +15.

40 int, 40 dex + Crystal Magic Weapon and it is THE BRINGER OF DEATH.
  • pepe 15 Mar 2013 18:49:39 20 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been noticing loads of people running around with the great scythe after the ENB video (DS PC), only downside to it is that it's relatively easy to parry. For PvE however, it's king among the dex weapons (especially with a buff).
  • quadfather 15 Mar 2013 18:49:48 11,808 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Azazel - I think you've just decided my next build!

• Lotos8ter 15 Mar 2013 18:55:54 2,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Azazel - its what I'm using on my PS3 character. I can't believe I ignored it for so long. In the Painted World, a couple of R2 attacks wipes out most of the phalanx enemies...

I need to get 25 Int to be able to use CMW - apparently it scales with the Magic Adjust stat of the Catalyst, not with INT. But I'm all nerded out for now
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Crystal+Magic+Weapon

Fiat Lux

• Azazel 15 Mar 2013 20:32:38 726 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, not sure how it would fare in PvP - haven't tried that yet. In PvE it has the same advantage as halberds in that the recovery speed is near instant if you land a hit, but poor if you miss. I.e. not an issue in PvE really.

CMW with 40+ int and Logan's Catalyst is an awesome buff. I was using it with the BSS for ages, but the Scythe tops it.
  • pepe 16 Mar 2013 00:24:16 20 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's dangerous if you learn to play without lock-on and utilize dead angles, running attacks or jumping attacks hitting behind shields work really great against turtles.
    You can really put the pressure on with constant high damaging attacks that also build up the bleed meter. The 1H/2H R1 attack is dangerous to use since your back is wide open if you miss like Azazel said.
  • azurelas_2 16 Mar 2013 00:30:26 1,108 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Help! I'm on NG++, and just started over. One bastard skeleton just locked the gate leading to the Gargoyles, and I've tried everything, but the gate won't open. Not even alluring skulls seem to do the trick.
  • pepe 16 Mar 2013 01:32:59 20 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is another way, there are some stairs leading down beside the armored boar. Follow that path and you'll get to the other side of the gate eventually.
  • Gambit1977 16 Mar 2013 01:44:59 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just bought this on Xbox live marketplace.
    Is the DVD version this choppy too? The tutorial level starts to chug at one point, not good in a game that requires pin point precision.

I had Demon's Souls on the ps3 and don't remember any issues with frame rate at all.
  • Lotos8ter 16 Mar 2013 08:13:33 2,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gambit1977 - the framerate issues have largely been sorted by now compared to launch. It still chugs along in a couple of areas. Have you taken it online for the latest patch to be installed? Think its up to about 1.07 now...

Fiat Lux

• Gambit1977 16 Mar 2013 08:52:51 9,583 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Lotos8ter hey, strangely it's offered me no patches at all...I'm not Gold so it 'disables' all online stuff within the game automatically, I wonder if this is an oversight.

Thanks for the heads up :-) I may just reinstall if it continues.
  • CharlieStCloud 16 Mar 2013 09:10:03 5,016 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think at a generous 14.99, I may purchase this after I have played BioShock Infinite.

... is the sequel supposedly coming out this year or the next? I just wonder if it is worth waiting to play a Souls game for the first time by playing a new one that is - for better or worse - a little bit more accessible, going by a few interviews with the developers.

There is so much love for this game!
  • Lotos8ter 16 Mar 2013 10:19:54 2,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Gambit1977 - maybe get hold of a 48 hour code so you can update it? I've no idea which version the GoD is, but poor framerate was largely sorted in one of the patches. There's other issues too from the very earliest release crashing and that if you're unlucky enough to be cursed (in game obv) - it stacks, so that a leaf on the wind will kill you.

@CharlieCloud - opinions differ on which is the best Souls game, Demon's vs Dark. I prefer the latter but its an excellent game and well worth a download. I recommend you look for the Artorias of the Abyss edition which is the full game plus a decent chunk of DLC. If its not your bag then you can trade it back for little loss. The new version is a way off - Autumn 2014 is my guess and has not been made by the genius behind the first two games.

Fiat Lux

• Architect_z 16 Mar 2013 10:28:14 2,374 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Did no one use the great scythe before? Its always been one of the best weapons. Moveset/Range/Bleed Bonus/Damage/Scaling/Buffed. Its almost too perfect. However I actually prefer the lifehunt scythe. The lifehunt doesnt do as much damage, but if you get bleed damage on an enemy, their entire lifebar basically is taken. Plus the gold tracer helps build up the bleed. ^_^
  • pepe 16 Mar 2013 18:22:54 20 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The lifehunt scythe actually has a higher AR rating, only difference is in the bleed build-up and damage, not being buffable and weighing 1 unit more. (at 16 str 40 dex)

Edited by pepe at 18:23:55 16-03-2013
  • mumtoucher 16 Mar 2013 20:12:18 263 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think this game is fast becoming my favourite of this gen. It's an absolute masterpiece. After bell gargoyles Went straight down to queelag brandishing my claymore on ng+ (the back way) absolute epic battle which I just won. Onto AnorLondo can't wait.
  • mumtoucher 16 Mar 2013 22:01:17 263 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fuck dude, that sucks.
  • azurelas_2 17 Mar 2013 12:47:57 1,108 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gwyn is bastard hard on NG+. Like, really, unforgivingly hard, he just destroys me every time
  • Architect_z 17 Mar 2013 13:17:13 2,374 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @azurelas_2 - Use the power of the
    roll-evade
    Suprisingly useful against him.
  • quadfather 17 Mar 2013 13:37:13 11,808 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    I think this game is fast becoming my favourite of this gen. It's an absolute masterpiece. After bell gargoyles Went straight down to queelag brandishing my claymore on ng+ (the back way) absolute epic battle which I just won. Onto AnorLondo can't wait.
    Pine resin work then? :)

• Azazel 17 Mar 2013 15:30:03 726 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Four Kings I find the hardest NG+ fight in the standard game. DPS isn't so much of a problem, it's just my rolling sucks and there's no cheap way to beat them (enlighten me if there is!)

Gwyn can be kited around the rock just to the left as you enter the room - poke him through it with a spear class and he'll go down eventually.

I tried for ages to parry him, but fuck me - that's a tough one to get right the correct number of times in a row.
  • Red_Bool 18 Mar 2013 11:05:16 1,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok, so I went back to the DLC after a small hiatus. I figured out how to deal with the stone hammer brothers in the woods (i.e. RUN!) right after Oolacile Sanctuary and now I have 2 options:
    1) Get pulverized by a dragon with a serious case of bad breath
    2) Get beaten to a pulp (and I mean PULP) by Knight Artorias who looks like he stepped out the wrong side of the bed

Which one do I need to do first (if there is an order)? No spoilers please, just a gentle push in the right direction would be very much appreciated :)
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last