Dark Souls Page 727

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 18:52:43 285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not using grant but made sure I acquired it. So it is an option. I quite like the idea of ninja ring katana faith badass - need 1more sunlight medal for spear +1 then I can join the covenant for the ring - that's correct yeah? Will try to sunbro it up ASAP, where's the best spot for this at SL70 ish?
  • puddleduck 12 Feb 2013 18:57:38 1,854 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anor Londo is a great spot at SL70. Should get a nice mix of Ng and Ng+ runs at S and O.
  • FanBoysSuck 12 Feb 2013 19:32:03 1,482 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    What fanboysuck said to be honest.

Also, how are you using the grant with only 12 str? Or are you not using that.

Either way, with those stats you can easily switch to dex as you haven't pumped str that much
    Nail on head Quad, at that stage of character development you should be choosing an offensive stat. I've been RPing and dumping everything into faith for my lightning tank. He looks cool and those bolts take almost every enemy out in one hit. Once he's our of bolts though he's on for a very tough time.

For the emperor!

• mumtoucher 12 Feb 2013 22:44:24 285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dex it is then....... ninja monk of doom, coming to a graveyard near you soon.
  • Architect_z 13 Feb 2013 09:14:19 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My Dex/Faith character is a boss. You wont be disapointed.

I wanna update my strength character some more.
  • quadfather 13 Feb 2013 09:31:39 12,152 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    Dex it is then....... ninja monk of doom, coming to a graveyard near you soon.
    Dex eh. Righto.

So is it going to be the uchigatana, the iaito, the balder side sword, or what?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• hypoBla5t 13 Feb 2013 19:35:17 1,417 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone for Dark Souls jokes? Sorry if they've already been posted.

A Gravelord and a Basilisk are walking through the Depths when they come across a statue blocking the passage.  The Basilisk looks at the Gravelord and says "curses".

How many Forest Hunters does it take to change a lightbulb?.....
    Just one, but he'll probably wait for another before he tries.

Why is it wrong to call Siegmeyer an Onionbro? Because when you meet him at Sen's Fortress he says he's in a pickle.

I'll stop there.
  • fletch7100 13 Feb 2013 20:00:04 7,320 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Reminds me of my Dark Souls character

http://imgur.com/gallery/SHOii
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2013 08:36:24 12,152 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Meanwhile, on a newly rolled char, a titanite catchpole appears!

• mumtoucher 14 Feb 2013 14:37:12 285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seriously guys, I think this game might spell the end of my social life. Think I've changed my mind on ng+ stats - do I need to go str or dex as I have the required stats for my divine+10 claymore - should I just go really heavy faith end and vit?

Already planning a second str based character and a sorcerer.

Edited by mumtoucher at 14:38:44 14-02-2013
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2013 14:42:25 12,152 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's up to you - I'd choose either str or dex though, not both. At least not to begin with.

Depends on the damage you want really.

See, you could level faith up a lot and then use a weapon that you can enchant with the high level faith spells.

and/or you could then upgrade something to 10/15/whatever, and then directly pump the stats that scale with it.

So you could use something like a grant, which would get a benefit of having high faith. (obviously you'll need to pump str too, to wield it)

basically -

1) Enchant something to 15, pump the scalaing stat and use buffs for extra damage

or

2) Leave stats as they are to just wield it, and then whack the rest in faith for the faith buffs

Some people like fast weapons that chip away, some like the crunching damage - so you need to pick a playstyle and then focus on upgrading the right stuff, so to speak

I'm not articulating myself very well today, hopefully someone else will make it sound clearer :)

• mumtoucher 14 Feb 2013 14:50:18 285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, you're doing well!

I guess I'm just at a point where I need to choose but don't wanna eff up my very first character with the wrong choice - I'm a bit OCD about spending points wrong (past mistakes from my D2 days).

Thanks for the advice dude.
  • quadfather 14 Feb 2013 15:21:43 12,152 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

Well, rule of thumb if you're not sure yet, is to leave the str and dex where they are until you're certain which weapon and path you want to follow. You should be fine that way.

You can happily go to 40 in vit and end with no issues, so if you've got a ton of souls and still aren't sure - just pump them for now.

This is exactly why I have the 10 character slots filled with different chars - first char messed up a bit, and the rest are all experiments with dex/int, dex/faith, str/int, str/faith, elemental builds, +15 builds, heavy weapons builds, light weapons builds, etc etc :)

• fiery_jackass 14 Feb 2013 15:47:55 476 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mumtoucher
    One benefit of pumping DEX over STR is that your casting speed will (eventually) ratchet up a fair bit.
  • Elathron 14 Feb 2013 17:10:49 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm trying to work out if strength affects the amount of stamina drain/stun as well. Although, I'm gonna need a victim who I can summon without hiccups to prove it :confused: It would make sense if dex increases casting speed that strength would have some sort of auxilliary buff.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• mumtoucher 14 Feb 2013 17:14:26 285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just acquired the ninja ring - LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fiery_jackass 14 Feb 2013 18:23:24 476 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    Just acquired the ninja ring - LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alas, its usefulness is a great deal more... subtle than it was pre-patch. Not as much to like, that's for sure.
  • Tuffty 14 Feb 2013 20:41:34 1,590 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone
  • mumtoucher 14 Feb 2013 21:33:06 285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Again, thanks all for advice, fiery jackass that is very interesting.
  • matrim83 14 Feb 2013 21:52:19 5,587 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whats a good place to get Large shards before you get to Blighttown?

Valar morghulis.

• Dangerous_Dan 14 Feb 2013 21:58:56 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The depths, the slimes in front of the bonfire, use pyromancy or a fire weapon.
  • matrim83 14 Feb 2013 22:04:29 5,587 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cool. Thanks.

Valar morghulis.

• Architect_z 15 Feb 2013 14:54:37 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can you use Chameleon when you invade?
  • Dangerous_Dan 15 Feb 2013 14:56:20 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes, but as an invader you produce that humming sound when you stand still. This can be heared by the other player, so use it wisely, like in the catacombs where the running water is louder than your humming sound.
  • Architect_z 15 Feb 2013 15:00:05 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can you move while in imitation mode
  • Elathron 15 Feb 2013 15:16:18 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - Yup. You can do everything but actions (which will break the spell). If you're being invaded, it's slightly more beneficial as a spell due to what DD described.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 15 Feb 2013 15:33:35 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just wanna stalk people as a big vase. I wish you could cast chameleon on someone else. Can you imagine invading people and turning them into a tree. That would be sweet.

Edited by Architect_z at 15:34:54 15-02-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 15 Feb 2013 15:33:42 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What some like to do is ready a crystal soul spear and cast it while being in the chameleon form. This breaks the object and your spell is on it's way to crush your enemy and see him driven before you*.

Some like to hide in a vase, use the red tearing ring, have low health, the crown of dusk and the bellowing dragon ring to maximize the magical damage of a spell.

Had some months ago a hiding in the pot fight with a japanese guy. It was late at night and we were the only ones around in upper Blighttown. Both of us were trying to trick the other one - he invaded again and again and I had a nice chat with him.
    At that time I learned about many cool hiding places in Blighttown. Trust me, if you hide in chameleon form in upper Blighttown and you know the best spots (which are quite difficult to reach) then you can leave the console on over night and read some furious messages the next morning.

*Conan quote
  • Architect_z 15 Feb 2013 15:36:44 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DD - "And the lamentation of the women"
  • Dangerous_Dan 15 Feb 2013 16:02:48 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This is best in life.
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last