Dark Souls Page 724

• Page

of 1201 First / Last

• quadfather 11 Feb 2013 11:34:49 12,120 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok, I'll give it another go then, cheers :)

Bit pissed about the grant not dropping though. That's supposed to be a 100% drop isn't it?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• FanBoysSuck 11 Feb 2013 11:37:25 1,482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Elathron Cheers but I doubt I'll take this guy into NG+, not after just getting half way through NG+++ for the knights honour trophy. This is strictly a fun run ;)

I'll be giving Grant a go when I get to TotG though, assuming it bloody drops. That phantom is bugged to high hell!

For the emperor!

• FanBoysSuck 11 Feb 2013 11:39:33 1,482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather It doesn't drop if he falls off the cliff, one of the few that don't. There's also a bug where you fight him and he'll just lose all his health and not drop his equipment. If that happens you have to quit and reload hoping he spawns again. I didn't get his stuff until NG++!

For the emperor!

• onestepfromlost 11 Feb 2013 11:42:25 2,063 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Ok, I'll give it another go then, cheers :)

Bit pissed about the grant not dropping though. That's supposed to be a 100% drop isn't it?
    I made sure i ran into the tunnel first before fighting him, bit less mobility but means hardly any chance of him falling
  • Elathron 11 Feb 2013 12:01:25 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck - Nae worries. I've not had any problems with Leeroy so far, I run to where he spawns and slam a 2H zwei as he appears. A few more of those and he's down for good. Just remember that you need to have summoned him (and have him survive) the Pinwheel fight.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• quadfather 11 Feb 2013 12:05:34 12,120 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah, hang on - are you saying that you have to summon him in the catacombs and do the pinwheel fight with him to ensure that he drops the grant in the tomb of the giants?

• Elathron 11 Feb 2013 12:40:44 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather - Exactly that! It's like the Beatrice drop in the Valley of the Drakes, unless you summon him and conesquently keep him alive for Pinwheel then his stuff won't appear at all (apart from the humanity and the souls that he drops). Also bear in mind that there's a gamer called Paladin Leeroy who only ever invades in the same area on PSN - which confuses some people into thinking that the real Paladin has showed up.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• EMarkM 11 Feb 2013 12:46:09 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    If you make sure you're human when you approach the gargoyles, you'll see a sign on the ground just before you go through the fog gate. It'll help a lot. As will coating your weapon in some pine resin too
    Got plenty of pine resin, but Humanity is something I really struggle with. I'm almost constantly hollow, and haven't even been able to kindle the cathedral bonfire.

Think I heard somewhere that rats often give up Humanity, but those three near my previous bonfire never seemed to yield any. ::sniff::
  • Elathron 11 Feb 2013 12:57:42 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @EMarkM - Help other people to defeat the boss with the white soapstone, get 10 humanity in the top left. Once you've done that you can farm your own humanity from the rats.
    Getting past the Hell-Drake is another matter....

Edited by Elathron at 13:01:47 11-02-2013

• Elathron 11 Feb 2013 12:57:50 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted

• quadfather 11 Feb 2013 13:03:45 12,120 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    @quadfather - Exactly that! It's like the Beatrice drop in the Valley of the Drakes, unless you summon him and conesquently keep him alive for Pinwheel then his stuff won't appear at all (apart from the humanity and the souls that he drops). Also bear in mind that there's a gamer called Paladin Leeroy who only ever invades in the same area on PSN - which confuses some people into thinking that the real Paladin has showed up.
    GAH FFS! :)

• Architect_z 11 Feb 2013 13:43:11 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck - I's say my Cleric is the best character i've made. Claymore is a great weapon for a faith build. Make it an Occult+5 and its always strong. Plus you dont need huge stats to wield it.

Astora sword can kill off skelly bobs too, (however, I wouldnt bother upgrading it anymore than you have already)
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Feb 2013 13:46:12 17,061 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Elathron wrote:
    GAH FFS! :)
    Ummm, I'm not sure that's true. I definitely had his stuff drop on the last couple of play throughs regardless of whether I summoned Leroy. Maybe it's a patch thing.

You are a factory of sadness.

• quadfather 11 Feb 2013 13:47:45 12,120 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @FanBoysSuck - I's say my Cleric is the best character i've made. Claymore is a great weapon for a faith build. Make it an Occult+5 and its always strong. Plus you dont need huge stats to wield it.

Astora sword can kill off skelly bobs too, (however, I wouldnt bother upgrading it anymore than you have already)
    Glad that the claymore is good then, as I can't get the grant now :)

• Elathron 11 Feb 2013 13:49:41 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - Possibly a patch thing, although it must've been a patch from a while back as I've got Grant on most of my playthroughs (except the ones where I forgot to summon PL).

Edited by Elathron at 13:51:11 11-02-2013

• FourSevenZero 11 Feb 2013 14:04:39 82 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    @quadfather If you're getting attacked by large skeletons you're going too far into the chamber.You shouldn't face anymore than a few normal skeletons then let him hobble round. Keep him around the area you drop into and that tactic will work every time. You're fucked as soon as the big skeletons join the fun ;)
    Ah, this would be why I always get crushed fighting him!

Also I didn't get Grant the first time I fought Leeroy, got it 2nd time round but also I've never summoned him for Pinwheel, only just recently discovered his summon sign!
  • Architect_z 11 Feb 2013 14:17:31 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone know how you get Paladin Leeroy's armour?
  • Elathron 11 Feb 2013 14:22:19 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FourSevenZero - Perhaps it's an NG+ weapon then? I was certain his drop only happened if you summoned him previously. Meh, seems this is a bugged NPC :confused: Just checked the wiki and it als says that you don't ahve to summon him for him to invade/drop but you can't have killed Nito (obvs). It also says not to knock him off a ledge or his stuff'll never appear. Weird. There have been times when he's never invaded despite me being in human form, the only thing that was missing from those playthroughs was summoning him for PW...

• Elathron 11 Feb 2013 14:22:55 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - Kill Leeroy, his armour will be on a corpse in Nito's cave/tomb/boudoir.

• quadfather 11 Feb 2013 14:31:17 12,120 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron - yeah, see, that's what happens to me. The ledge thing.

Sod the bloody grant then. I'll go without!

• onestepfromlost 11 Feb 2013 14:53:00 2,063 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah i didnt summon him for pinwheel, but he still appeared and i got grant and his sheild.

Same for beatrice, i summoned her for moonlight butterly but not whoever else it is she comes for. and her stuff was still there in valley of drakes.

Think it maybe was changed in a patch
  • FourSevenZero 11 Feb 2013 14:57:49 82 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron Could be I know we didn't kick him off the ledge but at the time I didn't know I was supposed to get something, just later when I realised I didn't have his stuff!

I've got a NG character heading there soon, I'll test it :)

And regarding his armour I don't know if they patched it but if it isn't in the tomb just reload and it'll appear
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 15:07:41 12,120 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    If you make sure you're human when you approach the gargoyles, you'll see a sign on the ground just before you go through the fog gate. It'll help a lot. As will coating your weapon in some pine resin too
    Got plenty of pine resin, but Humanity is something I really struggle with. I'm almost constantly hollow, and haven't even been able to kindle the cathedral bonfire.

Think I heard somewhere that rats often give up Humanity, but those three near my previous bonfire never seemed to yield any. ::sniff::
    It's annoying, but later on, you'll get to a level where there's a big bunch of rats fairly close to a bonfire, and they drop humanity quite regularly.

Failing that - give it a go solo with some pine resin - just whack the first one like mad before the second one turns up, and then just circle strafe the second one when he's breathing fire.

Or go somewhere else and kill other stuff till you're ready :)

• quadfather 11 Feb 2013 15:08:40 12,120 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FourSevenZero wrote:
    @Elathron Could be I know we didn't kick him off the ledge but at the time I didn't know I was supposed to get something, just later when I realised I didn't have his stuff!

And regarding his armour I don't know if they patched it but if it isn't in the tomb just reload and it'll appear
    Well the way I'm feeling at the moment about leeroy, his kit, the skeletons, tomb of the giants and nito combined, they can all fucking do one :)

• mumtoucher 11 Feb 2013 15:09:15 284 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Almost hulk smashed my alienwaretrying to get the blue titanite slab in crystal caves earlier
  • quadfather 11 Feb 2013 15:11:52 12,120 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    Almost hulk smashed my alienwaretrying to get the blue titanite slab in crystal caves earlier
    glol ! I bet we've all been there :)

You using prism stones?

• FanBoysSuck 11 Feb 2013 15:31:00 1,482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    Just get the one at the start of the DLC, it's in a chest guarded by a couple of giants at the start of the area. The one in the crystal cave isn't worth the hair pulling!

For the emperor!

• Architect_z 11 Feb 2013 15:32:07 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is there another way to get a Blue Slab?
  • FanBoysSuck 11 Feb 2013 15:33:52 1,482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Anyone know how you get Paladin Leeroy's armour?
    Defeat him in TotG making sure he drops Grant and Sanctus then it will appear in Nito's cave after the fight. Take note of the condition, it's 100% required.

For the emperor!

• FourSevenZero 11 Feb 2013 15:55:08 82 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    FourSevenZero wrote:

Well the way I'm feeling at the moment about leeroy, his kit, the skeletons, tomb of the giants and nito combined, they can all fucking do one :)
    Glol! Not my favourite part of the game either, I popped my head in ages ago to free whatshername and to light the bonfire then I checked straight out!
  • Page

of 1201 First / Last