Dark Souls Page 721

• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• onestepfromlost 7 Feb 2013 12:44:00 2,117 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I find i can just about block and them and since im using a spear i can attack while blocking, my spear tends to one hit them. I suppose they are like every other enemy once you get used to them it becomes easier. Unless they swarm you :p
  • SomaticSense 7 Feb 2013 12:48:52 9,145 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    The wheel skeletons are, without doubt, the worst enemies in the game for me. Especially down the bottom where there are like 5.
    I hate them. HATE them!

At least you can run away from the skelly dogs. Try that with the wheels and a single one will kill you in 0.1 secs.
  • teamHAM 7 Feb 2013 13:05:41 3,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Does anyone know how you get the great shield of artoriballs?
    Take any +10 Shield (doesn't need to be a greatshield) and the Soul of Sif to the Giant Blacksmith in AL.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• senso-ji 7 Feb 2013 13:05:57 6,041 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Does anyone know how you get the great shield of artoriballs?
    Take the Soul of Sif to the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londor and ascend a +10 shield.
  • Dr_Mech 7 Feb 2013 14:18:58 1,050 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    While it isn't the best 'allrounder' of greatshields (that goes to Havel's Greatshield which has only 4 less stability and has 100% phyiscal, 90% magic and 80% Fire/Lightning) Havel's needs 50 strength to one hand (which my strength/Faith Sunbro character has) and weighs a metric fucking ton compared to the much less 34 for the Greatshield of Artorias which also weighs a hell of a lot less.

For physical or mostly physical bosses (like 90% of phase one O&S and Super Ornstein) and pretty much all normal enemies you can't go wrong with it. Also has decent fire resistance but lacks in Lightning and Magic.

Heading off to work soon, should be back about 8:30 tonight, now my Sunbro is 126 I should be able to summon you Elathron.

Just need the Channeler's Trident, the rest I'll pick up on this playthrough with ease. Though if you have a fuckton of Titanite slabs going spare I'll nab them off you :p.

Tank character had a much easier time of the Sanctuary Guardian than my mage character. Still hitting for around 500 damage with the Demon's Greataxe compared to 190 on a strong attack with my Enchanted Scythe, I don't even do that much damage on O&S.

Though I dodge his attacks by either walking left or right or fatrolling. Was quite funny, all I could picked was the Guardian thinking "Christ, this guy has some moves!" while I bellflop around.

Oddly, looking at the bosses, they all have weaknesses to regular non-magic/non-elemental weapons. Guess Strength builds got a nice bonus.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 14:36:04 07-02-2013
  • Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 14:58:32 2,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is the steel armour set any good? (The set the merchant wears in sens)
  • teamHAM 7 Feb 2013 15:23:07 3,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Is the steel armour set any good? (The set the merchant wears in sens)
    It's not very efficient no. IIRC Onion bro armour bought from the same merchant is a lot more efficient once upgraded.

Obviously if you are going for looks.... it still looks shit. :p

• Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 15:27:10 2,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I like the iron golem armour, its good at everything except lightning defence. But none of the big poise armours look any good. I liked the giants set, but then I kept getting people saying I was a giant wanker. Its only the chest piece im interested in upgrading.
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 15:27:15 13,365 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I still wear the gargoyle helm, shadow leggings and hollow soldier armour on most of my chars, purely for looks. Sod defense :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 15:42:19 2,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather - Er seriously?
    Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have the magic increase dusk crown whatever, with giants gauntlets+5, the red magic peoples skirt+5 (for magic defense).

I just adjust the chest piece on the odd occasion, I tend to prefer more poise and magic defence. Alot of the people online tend to dark magic spam.

One guy I invaded, hid around the corner, then spammed 2 types of dark magic followed by wrath of gods. Then estus regenned after I managed to get a slash in.
    Luckily I had GMB on, and proceeded to Claymore him to death.
    I could have used wrath of god, especially as the guy was a gank-shaft.

Edited by Architect_z at 15:45:26 07-02-2013
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 15:45:25 13,365 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - Yup. My original character has various armour kits, but I prefer to just look bad ass now :) I'm not bothered about poise, or defense. The only thing I do change is when I'm going to blighttown - I may swap out something just to keep the poison/toxic at bay a bit more. But once that's done (and recently, I don't always do it as I'm levelled enough by the time I get there on normal runs), I always go back to the decent looking gear.

Call me shallow :)

• quadfather 7 Feb 2013 15:49:10 13,365 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't forget though, I do zero pvp

• Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 16:24:57 2,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quad - You should give ganking a go, its a great way to get into PvP.
    lol
    But seriously, co-op pvp is good. Just summon a mate and have some battles together, it'll teach you the basics.
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 16:28:13 13,365 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't mind doing co-op - that's fine, but I don't do any pvp at all

End of!

• Architect_z 7 Feb 2013 16:54:42 2,412 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I don't mind doing co-op - that's fine, but I don't do any pvp at all

End of!
    Ok you don't have to prove to me you're tough. :p
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 17:03:28 13,365 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's the opposite - I'm useless :)

• mumtoucher 7 Feb 2013 17:13:11 299 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey guys long time lurker in this thread, bought this in the steam sale - 25 hours in just killed Nito.....Fuck me what a game, it is incredible. Very keen to get involved in the EG community if poss. Currently rocking a Faith build with +9divine claymore. Any other PC players keen to do some of the DLC?
  • teamHAM 7 Feb 2013 18:36:27 3,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mumtoucher

I have the PC version, and I know that quadfather does too. I haven't played a lot on the PC lately as most of my hours are on the Xbox version, however this weekend I may get back into it.

I am teamHAM on steam if you want to add me and I'm sure at some point we can do some jolly co-op :)

• mumtoucher 7 Feb 2013 18:44:12 299 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Excellent, thanks dude - I will add you ASAP.
  • mumtoucher 7 Feb 2013 18:48:29 299 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just killed the second boss on DLC, he was a right bastard. I'm SL70 - am I at the right level for where I am atm or should I be pressing on to ng+ asap
  • teamHAM 7 Feb 2013 18:53:59 3,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it matters more how your points are spent rather than just the level. I have done Artorias at SL20 but I've also done him at SL100. Some people like to level loads "ahead of the curve" in NG and some prefer to push on to NG+ for more of a challenge.

All up to you really, that's one of the great things about this game.

• mumtoucher 7 Feb 2013 19:06:55 299 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great, good to know - thanks. Dont think ive made too many mistakes - gone heavy into end vit and faith. Oh and made sure I have 4 magic slots. Nothing else wasted, rocking a +4 occult balder side sword now just for a laugh, not sure if that was the right way to go with that weapon - but hey who cares I can always ply thru again right?! I really am astonished how great this game is though, so glad I picked it up on a whim
  • teamHAM 7 Feb 2013 19:21:06 3,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah if you have a lot of faith then an Occult weapon is definitely a good choice. Some of the regulars on here love the Balder Side Sword more than their own mothers and no doubt they will be along shortly! I do agree though it is a solid weapon.

Faith is a lot of fun, some of the miracles are great. I do find though if you are playing alone (especially in a PvP situation) it is nice to supplement your miracles with Pyromancy, since that has some excellent go-to spells and doesn't cost skill points to level up.

• mumtoucher 7 Feb 2013 19:22:53 299 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds awesome, how may one achieve this!!!!!!
  • teamHAM 7 Feb 2013 19:29:55 3,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    Sounds awesome, how may one achieve this!!!!!!
    What do Pyromancy? You need to get hold of a Pyromancy Flame. If you don't have one already there will be two places you can get one IIRC:

1) Have you done the depths? There is a guy there you can rescue. Once you have rescued him he will appear at Firelink Shrine and after conversing with him he will give you a flame

2) A servant of a Daughter of Chaos can give you one in a certain situation. The servant is called Eingyi (or something similar) and is located underneath Quelaag's Domain.

Don't know what you have or haven't done yet so don't to spoil it all for you....

• mumtoucher 7 Feb 2013 19:32:30 299 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have the glove - I will investigate. Thanks again!!
  • teamHAM 7 Feb 2013 19:41:12 3,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    I have the glove - I will investigate. Thanks again!!
    If you have the glove you are halfway there. The guy from the Depths I mentioned can sell you spells for it. He can also upgrade your glove for a fee. There is also another NPC aswell as a lot of locations in the world where you can get hold of more spells.

Remember, the level of your glove will determine the damage you do with it. So if you neglect to upgrade it you won't ever realise the potential of Pyromancy. That said it does get pretty expensive to upgrade.

Finally, it upgrades across two tiers; it goes from 1-15 as a normal flame. Then it goes back to 1 but as an Ascended Flame. Then it goes up to +5 Ascended then you will have a maxed out flame (and damage).

• puddleduck 7 Feb 2013 20:40:17 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One thing to bare in mind with the glove, is it seems like intelligence helps it, but it really doesn't. That's only if you punch someone with it, and there's no reason to ever do that. So as teamHam said, the glove's power is purely based on upgrading the glove and the miracles themselves.
  • mumtoucher 7 Feb 2013 22:22:25 299 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It truly is mind boggling stuff! Just out of interest what are some of the other good builds to try? e.g is a pure strength endurance build viable for those effin huge weapons and armour sets - planning on many play throughs. A game hasn't grabbed me like this since erm................ Never!
  • teamHAM 7 Feb 2013 22:40:38 3,151 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Everything is viable. It's the player that matters.

Pure strength for tanky type. Pure spellcaster. Pure faith cleric type. Pure dex ninja/bow and arrow types. Strength/dex "quality" hybrids, spell/dex hybrids for faster casting, dex/faith hybrids, spell/faith hybrids. And many, many more. Almost anything is viable if you put your mind to it. There are many crazy builds you can try that are in this thread.

There are a few character builder sites out there which allow you to create builds and see if you like them prior to actually spending the points in game. mugenmonkey.com is one of those sites. Very useful.

Above all have fun. Dark Souls is a great game because so many things are possible and it really is up to you how you want to play.

• Page

of 1218 First / Last