Dark Souls Page 714

• Page

of 1195 First / Last

• onestepfromlost 1 Feb 2013 14:52:10 2,039 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    pretty much pure sorcerer build, hold on ill wall of stats it

SL:104
    VIT: 13 (this is going to be place for remaining levels.)
    ATT: 19
    END:52 (prolly should have saved here but was to get under 25% EQ)
    STR: 16
    DEX: 16
    RES: 13
    INT: 50
    FAITH: 8

wearing armor of sun +9, elite kngiht leggings +10, wanderers manchette +9, ring of f+p, ring of whatever i need at the time.
    encahted winged spear +5, logans cat, grass crest sheild +14 or crest or depending on situation.

Some weapons in my bottomless box, fire claymore +8, chaos rapier +?, lighting spear +4 lifehunt sythe +4 ( killed her before i got her tail off!)
  • Elathron 1 Feb 2013 14:59:45 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ahh... Yeah, the endurance choice I can vouch for as being good. The 13 Vitality might prove a game breaker for you!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• puddleduck 1 Feb 2013 15:11:49 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Logans Cat? Cry havoc and unleash the cat of war!!!

Miaow... *then sits there licking it's own paws*

I said attack dammit!!
  • puddleduck 1 Feb 2013 15:16:55 1,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @onestepfromlost

You might want to stick the mask of the mother on with such low vitality. It got nerfed a bit, but every little helps when it comes to staying alive.

I really like the Armour of Sun, nice defence to weight ratio, but I never kill Solaire so I never have it to use on any of my newer characters.

If you're going to make a Scythe you'd be better off with making some kind of Magic/Enchanted one due to your low Dex you won't get the scaling otherwise.
  • onestepfromlost 1 Feb 2013 15:18:28 2,039 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    since my real name is logan you now have made me consider throwing my kitten at the telly to see if it is effective. prolly better for pve.

the problem im finding with the magic enchated weapons is that everyone seems to be using a lo of mag def with the dark spells floating about.

Edited by onestepfromlost at 15:23:21 01-02-2013
  • Elathron 1 Feb 2013 15:23:04 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @onestepfromlost - Hahahahahaha. Amazeballs!!! Try to use a bow and do some co-op bossfights to get some more souls to do up your vitality, if not, what platform are you on? You could repeatedly kill my main for 1.4 million a time if you're on XBL.

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• onestepfromlost 1 Feb 2013 15:23:32 2,039 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • onestepfromlost 1 Feb 2013 15:24:46 2,039 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    well i am on live GRAGAN, thats an obscene amount what SL have you leveled him to?

I have no idea how would i go about invading someone specifically, i know the coop stuff can be done woth sepcific people with a bit of effort

Edited by onestepfromlost at 15:26:02 01-02-2013
  • Dr_Mech 1 Feb 2013 15:25:09 1,001 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, ouch, 13 vitality, that is going to come back to bite you in the arse. Especially where everything hits twice as hard in NG+. Only Bosses have an anti-one shot code, regular mobs will be able to cleave you in twain with that low Vitality. I'd recommend getting it to at least 20 ASAP.

Even my squishy ass Sorcerer has 27 Vitality but then unlike you I'm running around in the Maiden set chest and skirt (both +10) so I need vitality more than I need endurance (although both are at 27 admittedly) and since I'm unpatched the Darkwood grain ring gives me teh flips upto 50% encumberance.

I've not bothered to go to 50 int instead stopped at 45 partly because white Dragon Breath isn't that amazing and partly because I've found out I only use Crystal Soul Spear for tough non-boss enemies.

I would heartily recommend the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, I tend to run with that and Darkwood Grain Ring, switching that out for the more situational rings when needed (Rusty Iron Ring, Covenant of Artorias, that ring that lets you walk on lava etc.)

As I said, for PvP switch up the Magic weapon for a lightning one, the lightning weapon fad has long since passed so it should take people by surprise when someone thwacks them with it and most people don't bother to build for dedicated lightning defense anymore browsing through various forums.

However keep in mind I've only played purely offline, so my theories are just that, theories.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 15:30:16 01-02-2013
  • Elathron 1 Feb 2013 15:30:56 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @onestepfromlost - Cool, I'll add you later. Basically we find a nice secluded spot and you can red sign invade or invade as any kind of other phantom. My main is SL 450 now so I can only get invaded or summon you as a red phantom - shouldn't be a problem though. I can probs drop off a load of kit to help you on your merry way also, seeing as my main is also an int/dex character I have a lot of enchanted and magic gear all to the max level. I'm still not sure how the souls gained from PvP work, my main has well over 500 kills now but the souls seem to be dependant on how many I am holding, in addition to my level.

• teamHAM 1 Feb 2013 15:33:27 2,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am so so glad they patched the DWGR. 90% of PvPers before patch were just somersaulting Onionbros. Or Smough....bros.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Elathron 1 Feb 2013 15:34:11 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @teamHAM - And no hot water???? Have you got an council place, rented or do you own it? I work for an insurance company haha, could probs get you a discount on a "repair and protect" if it's your boiler? Not that I'm trying to sell insurance on EG forums... :cool:

Edited by Elathron at 15:39:35 01-02-2013

• Architect_z 1 Feb 2013 16:06:17 2,374 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @onestepformat - Put the rest of your levels into VIT, wear heavy armour, having so much endurance will mean it shouldnt hinder your movement too much, keep the FAP ring on. You should be fine. ^_^
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Feb 2013 16:14:25 16,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So, I've given up trying to kill Manus, I just can't be arsed to dedicate the time to it and from watching a youtube video I am suspicious as to whether I would ever be able to best him. I'm not exactly ace at boss fights and it looks a bit much for my skills (or lack thereof).

So, I'm up to dealing with the end boss, is there anything I should do before I off him? Farm some chunks but I distinctly remember people talking about other things that should be done.

Oh and Four Kings were relatively easy with my sorcerer. Died twice due to stupidity but otherwise it was soul spear followed by crystal homing mass and either melee or great soul arrow to finish them off. I was fearing the worst. Oh and I put great magic shield on which I think helped a lot.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Elathron 1 Feb 2013 16:19:21 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - Manus can be tanked with relative ease on NG btw. Havel's shield and a spear did it for me!

• Architect_z 1 Feb 2013 16:26:46 2,374 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - Kalameet (the lovely) Is the last boss of the DLC. You will need to unlock a door and speak to someone who will help you.
    I didnt defeat Manus without assistance.

On a side note, is it spelt ASS-istance?
    If so....lol
  • senso-ji 1 Feb 2013 16:29:00 5,793 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you have a bow and the Hawk ring, Manus can be cheesed:

• onestepfromlost 1 Feb 2013 16:34:13 2,039 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What soul level are you? maybe summon the npc and a white phantom? I could maybe go drop a summon sign if you are near my SL im 105.(apparently if you are between 86 and 126) oh and if you are on xbox :p

Cause at the mo im just hanging 0utside O+S bit with a white sign down. im looking to get revevnge :p

Edited by onestepfromlost at 16:35:11 01-02-2013

Edited by onestepfromlost at 16:36:27 01-02-2013

Edited by onestepfromlost at 16:37:05 01-02-2013
  • teamHAM 1 Feb 2013 17:49:14 2,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron

It's a shared ownership with staircased mortgage atm. There was some problem with the flu or flue or whatever it is. They have cut a hole in the ceiling to get to it (since a lot of the workings were put above ceiling level and no access panel installed) and sorted it this afternoon. So thankfully this means I will no longer have an outage of heating or water, but I now have a metre long section of my bathroom ceiling cut out :S

Now I have to wait for them to get their asses in gear to come repair the ceiling and install a small access panel.

• teamHAM 1 Feb 2013 17:51:17 2,755 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    If you have a bow and the Hawk ring, Manus can be cheesed:

Yeah...

A real shame really, not that there aren't tonnes of other bosses that can be cheesed in that way. But the way he is just chilling there and you can see the red eyes and everything does make me wonder if it was deliberate. Just like Capra cheese method. Does seem suspect.

I would imagine around 50% of the people currently running around with Pursuers cheesed Manus.

• Mr_Sleep 1 Feb 2013 18:16:50 16,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep - Manus can be tanked with relative ease on NG btw. Havel's shield and a spear did it for me!
    That's part of the problem, my character can take about two hits and it's over. It'll probably take me about fifty goes to learn all the different combinations and how to react and despite being unemployed I still have better things to do :-) Summoning is an option but I'm fairly convinced I'll just die anyway. I also summoned a helper but he was pretty much pointless, distracted him for one set of attacks and then it was back to being pounded.

I might well cheese it, just for the sake of it but it feels a bit shite doing it that way.

Oh and thanks for the option but I'm on the PC.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 18:17:21 01-02-2013

• Architect_z 1 Feb 2013 18:27:27 2,374 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - I summoned some fools, I stayed back and fired arrows at Manus while the others tanked damage. Worked for me. ^_^

Edited by Architect_z at 18:28:04 01-02-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Feb 2013 18:33:41 16,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Might be an option I guess. Although there have been no summons since I missed the first one to have a look and see what the final boss is. If only I'd taken that first summon it might all have been over already! What I might do is cheese him quite a bit then go through the fog door to take the rest of him out. I'm sure I'll fuck that up too! :D

• quadfather 1 Feb 2013 18:48:47 11,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - if its any consolation, I am fucking useless at bosses. I totally understand what you're saying.

And I too have fucked up cheesing bosses, so chin up! :)

We should get together and do some buffoonery co-op, at least that way we'll have some laughs :D

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Elathron 1 Feb 2013 19:07:31 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Here's kinda what I mean by a man-at-arms; the role-play element would be that he's a sunbro who assists other Knights in their quests. So, a summon character I suppose. No intelligence (but as 'faithful' as a bloodhound) as befits a sub-noble peasant warrior :lol:, mixed dexterity and strength to use those dandy pole-arms more effectively. Probably going to look something like this:

And the stats will be kinda as thus:

Vitality - 40
    Attunement - 13
    Endurance - 50
    Strength - 16
    Dexterity - 32
    Intelligence - 8
    Resistance - 11
    Faith - 30

Well, probably anyway :-P
    EDIT - Quaddy, if you see this, it's not a hint to start another build...

Edited by Elathron at 19:14:33 01-02-2013

• Mr_Sleep 1 Feb 2013 19:09:03 16,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As an example of my shitness with bosses, I know exactly what the endless discharge (snicker) is going to do, it's telegraphed and obvious yet I was hit every single time in my last play through. Luckily I had 10 estus otherwise I would have been dead. I find it funny more than anything.

Maybe I'll give it a go over the weekend. I'm tempted to go and smash up some blacksmiths before I finish things so I can get the ring at that point.

True, we should, I'm Mr_Sleep on steam so add me up and we can always do some co-op at some point :-)

• Elathron 1 Feb 2013 19:20:16 1,189 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @teamHAM Fair 'nuff! Sounds like you've been having a great time :confused: I deal with stuff like that at work, it's not a nice thing to go through for anyone, doubly so with a little'un as well!
    Ahh well, I'm going to be on in 10 mins or so, all this talk of Dark Souls all day had made me want to feed some gankers to the abyss.

• onestepfromlost 1 Feb 2013 19:24:37 2,039 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah wish I was playing and not at work
  • Architect_z 1 Feb 2013 19:32:56 2,374 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Elathron wrote:

EDIT - Quaddy, if you see this, it's not a hint to start another build...
    Too late, hes already started. Taurus down!
  • quadfather 1 Feb 2013 19:33:08 11,859 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep - aye, you've got to look on the funny side :)

Cool, I'll add you on steam later - got ds for pc too, so that works

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Page

of 1195 First / Last