Dark Souls Page 676

• Page

of 1198 First / Last

• Arrr9 29 Dec 2012 23:58:29 414 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A sprightly 34 here too ! I don't contribute much to this thread as there always seems to be a wiser head regarding Dark Souls around these here parts. It does seem to be an age thing, certainly with this thread that there's a surprising lack of bitching and moaning and it's always the best read in the EG forums.

I think Dark Souls does spark something from the slightly older generation given it's unforgiving gameplay, though at least it's fair 99% of the time and doesn't lead to rubber key mashing Spectrum tantrums.
  • Red_Bool 30 Dec 2012 00:02:39 1,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As stated before, 40 here (physically, mentally it depends ;)) and from the south of the Netherlands. Not sure about what you Brits consider beer, so I'll refrain from commenting ;)
  • mcmothercruncher 30 Dec 2012 10:55:11 6,678 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Plus, generally, we can spellz :)
  • Elathron 30 Dec 2012 14:01:05 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @teamHAM - Hey dude :D Thanks for all the help with the item transfers!!! That should set both of our new characters up for some dual invading of the guilty ^^

I'm capping my faith at 45 with 30 dexterity, although I may lvl up to 125 so I can get 50 faith and the best use out of DMB, I'm sure a few more levels won't hurt :confused: I'm gonna be on X-COM for a while today but if you want to do some more co-op to get a few areas out of the way then I'm happy to help!

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• superdelphinus 30 Dec 2012 14:32:08 8,038 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm 33 and just about to begin my dark souls adventure. Excited
  • teamHAM 30 Dec 2012 14:47:38 2,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Elathron

No worries dude, was fun. Yeah for my DM character I'm going 50 faith, and will make an Occult Claymore, and then have something as backup with +15 for DMB. I will take GMB and WoG with DMB as spells.

That Smough dude that invaded me in Anor got a bit of a shock. He got the first hit in on me when I was looting that chest but he got mullered fast :D We got some easy souls last night :D

Am up for some more fun and games in a bit. Just going to run into Painted World now to get the dark ember.

Oh and yeah, I've planned the build up to SL115. That should still be ok for us to PvP together right? I can put a few more points in if needed.

Edited by teamHAM at 14:48:20 30-12-2012

Edited by teamHAM at 14:49:59 30-12-2012

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Red_Bool 30 Dec 2012 15:05:10 1,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Somehow I missed some stuff in NG that I am now finding out in NG+. For instance, in NG I completely missed out on Kingseeker Frampt. When I found him then he was sleeping (?) and accidentally jumped/fell down the hole - so I never talked to him and missed quite a bit of the story. Was that a (known) glitch? He was awake this time, so now the story starts to make more sense (after 110 hours, it's about time :)).

Also, I missed the Great Hollow the first time round. Yesterday I accidentally stumbled upon the entrance - a whole new area to explore!
    Tonight I'll get the DLC as well...guess I am hooked...again :)
  • Red_Bool 30 Dec 2012 15:15:40 1,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    He often sleeps, just give him a single whack with your weapon and he'll wake up.
    I think that's what I tried the first time, but I missed and fell down the hole :p After that he was gone (?)
  • Red_Bool 30 Dec 2012 17:34:00 1,173 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kaathe?

/consults wiki

Ah, so if I'm ever to 100% this game I need another play-through. Argh! Why am I even contemplating this??? Should make a shopping list so that I don't forget...
  • teamHAM 30 Dec 2012 19:25:56 2,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So the guy at the top of the Book of the Guilty is a hacker. Level 1, but 99 all stats and unlimited casts of all spells.

Shame.

• creepylizard 30 Dec 2012 19:50:33 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Evening gents. just a quick question to satisfy my curiosity. just recently, i've noticed that zombies don't attack me anymore. The only explanation I can think of is that I recently joined the chaos covenant. is that the reason? and if so are there any other enemies that won't attack me?
    Oh, and I've just entered Sens fortress for the first time.
    Bloody Snake men...
    I am also the wrong side of thirty and the former owner of a Spectrum 128k
  • mcmothercruncher 30 Dec 2012 20:06:08 6,678 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yup, they suck. If you have good shield stability and high poise gear then they're more manageable. Walk up, block, hit, retreat to get your stamina back up, block, hit, etc.
    The cautious, but reliable, way for all non ninja players!

If you're a magic character with high int and some homing magic, they're a piece of proverbial piss :)
  • creepylizard 30 Dec 2012 20:16:25 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I would into the category of a "non ninja" player. 45 or so hours in and still don't feel like I have a bloody clue what I'm doing...
    I do have pretty high intelligence though so I think I'll go for the lurking at a distance with great soul arrow routine.
    Again.
  • ZuluHero 30 Dec 2012 20:56:23 4,093 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @creepylizard

you can stop the enemies in the forest from attacking you if you join anoth covenent too. Never seen the hollow charas not attack though, even at high level.

are you using any equipment or spells that makes you harder to see or hear? you mask yourself well enough some enemies wont attack until youre right on top if them.
  • creepylizard 30 Dec 2012 21:56:37 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZuluHero
    I don't have the game right in front of me so I can't be positive but I'm pretty sure I don't. Its not even that they don't notice me. I can walk right up to them, hit them, whatever, and they do nothing. In some cases they sit on the floor with their heads in their hands or face a wall leaning on it.
    Most peculiar. Its happening in Undead burg and the entrance to New Londo.
    This surely can't be just happening to me?
  • teamHAM 30 Dec 2012 21:58:48 2,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @creepylizard

These creatures are passive and are different from the normal undeads. They have gone crazy and won't start a fight with you.

• creepylizard 30 Dec 2012 22:06:22 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @teamHAM
    well. Mystery solved...
  • creepylizard 30 Dec 2012 22:43:42 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They're also by the sunlight altar on the bridge past the dragon. It never occured to me that they were any different from the others. And there was me thinking I was special...
  • teamHAM 30 Dec 2012 22:48:53 2,858 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @creepylizard

Sorry to shatter the illusion! :)

• creepylizard 30 Dec 2012 22:55:49 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @teamHAM
    I'm going to have to learn to live with it and move on. It won't be easy though...

Edited by creepylizard at 23:02:32 30-12-2012
  • mcmothercruncher 30 Dec 2012 23:23:23 6,678 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whilst they don't actually attack you, you should hear the things they say about you behind your back after you've ran past :eek:
  • ZuluHero 30 Dec 2012 23:53:31 4,093 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I've heard them saying all kinds of things about creepylizard in my game too ;)
  • creepylizard 31 Dec 2012 00:40:30 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aha. I knew it. It's not paranoia when everyone really is out to get you...
  • Page

of 1198 First / Last