Dark Souls Page 641

• Page

of 1190 First / Last

• quadfather 26 Nov 2012 19:07:21 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - it was great ta, extremely boozy and still paying for it today :)

Ah yes, pure bladestone :) I'm not going to platinum it, but I'd like to take a new char through it again just for fun.

Good luck with the ng+3 run!

I had a quick go at manus earlier, the stupid twat. Got him halfway by rolling and normal fighting then spooned the silver pendant and accidentally activated a twin humanity by mistake :) twat!

So its back to the ps3 version to see where my chars are up to. After this beer though, hair if the dog and all that :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• puddleduck 26 Nov 2012 19:58:07 1,850 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Red_Bool

Or just roll through the arrows and parry them when they switch to their sword :p
  • mcmothercruncher 26 Nov 2012 20:24:58 5,732 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just dishing out justice to the Knights in Anor Londo Architect.
    The Dark Silver Tracer +5 was getting 962 backstabs and the Bandit's Knife + 14 got 882. A +15 probably quite even but still just outpaced stock by the Tracer, unless you have a buff on as Fiery mentioned.
    Now, I'd parry too, for the info, but I'm playing human and getting invaded like crazy- I need to save some flasks for just getting through ;)
  • mcmothercruncher 26 Nov 2012 20:25:19 5,732 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ^ with Hornets Ring, I should add.
  • Red_Bool 26 Nov 2012 20:40:14 1,142 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @puddleduck - I'll leave that for you pros :) I'm about 85 hours into my first playthrough still haven't used parrying (for shame!) - if this game allows for some cheap shots, then I will take them :)
  • puddleduck 26 Nov 2012 21:42:39 1,850 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher

If I had a way of recording my PS3 copy I'd put together a video of me clearing Anor without using an Estus and parrying all 14 Silver Knights.

Since I've cleared the new content now, gonna take my fav char through another NG so I can get back involved with letting people invade me in Anor.

Edited by puddleduck at 21:42:52 26-11-2012

Edited by puddleduck at 21:43:51 26-11-2012
  • teamHAM 27 Nov 2012 08:06:02 2,407 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, I was fighting O+S this morning, with 2 human summons. Killed Ornstein first, and had Smough at 50% ish then he one shotted me with kung-fu lightning super chop.

So I go human at the fire and head back. Only to discover when I get there that the bosses are gone, as if I defeated them. No bosses in sight, no souls in sight either. I now have the Soul of Smough in my inventory, but never received the souls from the boss kill and cannot retrieve my bloodstain now either because it's disappeared.

This happened to anyone else? This is the first time I chose to do Smough last so not sure if it's a known bug or whatever.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• Elathron 27 Nov 2012 08:57:38 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ummm... Never happened to me before, the only thing that could've happened in this instance is that your summons killed him before they were ejected from your world? That's happened to me before but the instance is rare to say the least (and not likely if S had more than 50% HP remaining)...

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Elathron 27 Nov 2012 08:58:31 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @puddleduck - Just a thought, as I've never tried... Can the Giants or the Pink Demons be parried?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• mcmothercruncher 27 Nov 2012 09:21:04 5,732 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I suspect the giants are wielding too heavy a weapon to parry?

I have had that happen once TeamHAM, and I suspect it was exactly what Ela mentioned. I dies just before the boss's death, my summon however managed to finish him off, but since the game shifted into reloading me, I wasn't alive to receive the souls... though the automated item thing they patched in kicked in, hence I got the boss soul.
  • Elathron 27 Nov 2012 10:21:42 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - You can parry the Steel Knights (which is great fun), their weapons are just as heavy presumably? Although, the Giants are - well - giant, so I guess it could be an inertia issue for parrying them...

Also, for those wanting a good laugh, you can use undead rapport on the Steel Knights - very handy in Sen's if you're fishing for invaders. You only have to get the timing right (and use the lingering dragoncrest ring) and then you've got a solid ally who will often smash your invader into the ground before he realises what's going on.

Edited by Elathron at 10:22:04 27-11-2012

• Buztafen 27 Nov 2012 10:45:32 15,957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think the general rule is, anything that's alot taller than you can't be parried.
  • Dangerous_Dan 27 Nov 2012 10:47:10 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Elathron I think you can't parry them but I did partial parry them so you don't take much damage or get stunned while they hit at you.
  • Elathron 27 Nov 2012 11:15:37 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - Yeah, forgot that point! It's like a stun, they're just to big to riposte (although I would love to see a honet ring style straddle with a rapier haha).

• SomaticSense 27 Nov 2012 12:27:58 7,048 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    So, I was fighting O+S this morning, with 2 human summons. Killed Ornstein first, and had Smough at 50% ish then he one shotted me with kung-fu lightning super chop.
    After two and a half playthroughs of the PS3 version, and now one and a half of the PTDE 360 version, I've now fought O&S five times, and yet I still haven't figured out how the fuck to properly dodge Smough's devastating charge and swing attack.

I can dodge every other attack (mid-roll) from every other enemy in the game if I'm on form and see it coming. Except that one move. The only way I can stop taking damage from it is if I block the mofo with enough endurance and a good shield.
  • Elathron 27 Nov 2012 13:13:32 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @SomaticSense - I just roll into him, if you get betwixt his nuts then you can mostly avoid all of his attacks... It's the fact that up close to him is seemingly where you don't want to be. That's what the designers had in mind I think - so doing the opposite of logic for all but one of his attacks actually helps a lot I find.

• teamHAM 27 Nov 2012 13:40:36 2,407 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I find Smough a lot tougher than Ornstein if you leave him till last. I don't remember any of Ornstein's abilities being able to be quite as devastating as some of the shit Smough can pull. His hammer is bad enough normally but with lightning powah and all Ornstein's moves he is a beast.

• Typhoid 27 Nov 2012 13:51:47 26 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ZuluHero Had an Uchi since early on, after accidentally ganking the Undead merchant, like it so much ive played with it thru ng and ng+ (up to Gwyn at mo) - so much so for achievos i've made every single version & chaos blade, still sticking with a +15 mostly. Its only reading this thread today, i've seen the options ot buff it, guess i should stop pumping Faith (did that for extra healing) and try some intelligence by the sounds of it.

One thing maybe the experts here can help with - Armor, I've been using thieves black leather +9 accross the board since day one, just switching a few diff helms, Gargoyles +5 (for all of NG), Darkwraith +5 (for half of NG+, cos it looks badass), Mask of the Child & Sunlight Maggot. I have the Strategy guide and plenty of armors I look at are simply too heavy for the protection trade off, or almost as light but not as good protection, or better to start off with but can't be upgraded as far & fall by the wayside. I keep my equip load at 25% so total weight needs to be just under 26. Did I just 'luck out' into a great light armor set to upgrade?

Edited by Typhoid at 14:00:00 27-11-2012
  • teamHAM 27 Nov 2012 14:04:00 2,407 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you have pumped faith you can use Sunlight Blade to buff your wep.

• ZuluHero 27 Nov 2012 14:13:10 3,667 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Typhoid Yeah I love it, at +10 its already better than my old Drake Sword. Should I continue on to +15 then? I'm currently pumping every level into DEX so its only getting more powerful :)

Incidentally an update, I've left Sif for the time being, and have killed the hydra and the gold golum and freed that girl. The only thing that's left is to got to DA and kill the last golum and then i can get on with the PTD stuff! :)

Imminent tears! :p
  • Elathron 27 Nov 2012 15:12:14 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Typhoid - It really depends on your playstyle m8y, you may find that using the RoFaP will change your mind considerably... I've got a 450 that I use who's got 70 end. and that ring just so I can use the heavier armours (with very light weapons and the Dusk Crown I might add) & still run at below 25% equip. The Black Leather set is very good though I might add, although, it's trumped ever so slightly on the chest piece by the Bandit Armour at +10. The only thing you might want to consider is that poise will become an issue for you, being stunlocked is not fun!!!

• Red_Bool 27 Nov 2012 15:39:21 1,142 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Alrighty then...four kings are sorted :D On the 2nd attempt even (being SL81 with a +14 Balder probably helped ;)). At the first attempt I went in human together with beatrice, but I didn't seem to be able to hit them - turned out I wasn't getting close enough to them the complete darkness really is disorienting. After that I finally found how to get back to the asylum and cleaned that out as well - in other news: I now have a +15 Balder sword :D
  • Typhoid 27 Nov 2012 16:43:45 26 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ZuluHero Yes deffo goto +15 if you like the Uchi, b4 Prepare To Die (1.6)patch I quite often used a +5 lightening a lot, but as i understand it patch nerfed elemental damage somewhat and the +15 nekkid (starting to try out this buffage mentioned above) surpasses them, if i want lightning on it i was just using a resin.
  • quadfather 27 Nov 2012 16:53:05 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How much health does 99 vitality give you, anyone know?

• Rodriguez 27 Nov 2012 17:04:20 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    How much health does 99 vitality give you, anyone know?
    1900HP quad.
  • quadfather 27 Nov 2012 17:19:56 10,549 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    cheers :)

• mcmothercruncher 27 Nov 2012 18:09:59 5,732 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Typhoid wrote:
    One thing maybe the experts here can help with - Armor, I've been using thieves black leather +9 accross the board since day one, just switching a few diff helms, Gargoyles +5 (for all of NG), Darkwraith +5 (for half of NG+, cos it looks badass), Mask of the Child & Sunlight Maggot. I have the Strategy guide and plenty of armors I look at are simply too heavy for the protection trade off, or almost as light but not as good protection, or better to start off with but can't be upgraded as far & fall by the wayside. I keep my equip load at 25% so total weight needs to be just under 26. Did I just 'luck out' into a great light armor set to upgrade?
    Definitely try different armours out. It's like levelling your characters defence... without, you know, actually levelling!

You'll get the best returns by totally mixing and matching items too- for instance, the best gloves for a given target (of, say weight, or poise) will almost never come from the same set as the keks you're wearing.

I can't put up with the movement speed of plus 25% gear, but still wear heavy armour with at least 30 poise... how? Havel's Ring. That'll take your 25% target up substantially at the cost of one ring slot. Well worth it for me.

You might just have a stat-gasm when you go to this:

http://www.raymondhill.net/darksouls/darksouls-armor-calc.php

link. Put in your characters stats and your preferred target in terms of the style of defence you want and then get upgrading that gear!

I know a lot of people like the aesthetics of complete sets, but, personally, I think you can look a lot cooler in "custom" gear :)
  • Elathron 27 Nov 2012 18:37:51 1,189 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - I 2nd the use of Havel's, esp with the FaP Ring... I can still run around in my heavy gear with that setup. Also agree that sets on their own aint that great, so many people used to wear the Giant's set, but the 0 protection against curse is now more inhibitive due to more things building up the effect... I was kinda hoping for more armour options with the DLC, but I guess the few sets they offered will have to do :(
    Will ahve alook at this site later!

• Typhoid 27 Nov 2012 20:00:53 26 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher thanks for the link to that tool - that's excellent :D

Edited by Typhoid at 20:01:12 27-11-2012
  • mcmothercruncher 27 Nov 2012 20:57:41 5,732 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No worries, really useful... but costs you a fortune in souls/materials too ;)

I'm a short run to an already cleared Anor Londo tomorrow and then, with Sif's soul and the shield, I'll be the owner of a Platinum for Dark Souls.

Have been building towards it for ages now (um, 260 hours with this character :eek: ) and, actually, now I'm about to do it, I actually feel a bit sad. I know I can keep playing and start new characters etc, it's just I'll have officially been there, done that and bought the T-Shirt.

Come on From Software, release Souls 3, you must have it nearly done by now!
  • Page

of 1190 First / Last