• Lotos8ter 17 Nov 2012 11:53:13 2,350 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather - yeah, I live in hope for the Pygmy Ending

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 17 Nov 2012 15:48:45 11,814 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, had a good bash on the pc version again. Did siegmeyers quest line all the way (though he was dead at ash lake, even though he took zero damage with the chaos eaters. Weird). Upgraded balder to +15, Crest shield to +5 in prep for the dark magic, and levelled a bit and sorted armour out. Noticed that the Channeler armour has fairly good physical and magic protection against it's weight ratio. Went to dlc and managed Artorias first time - quite chuffed.

Then did really well doing everything until I get to the abyss. Fs. Hate that place.

Just rescued Sif, and once Manus has kissed my arse, I'll do Gough and Kalameet.

Killed Chester too, the smarmy cock :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• mcmothercruncher 17 Nov 2012 16:57:34 6,427 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hehe, I've yet to do the Seig quest line properly in three sodding attempts now. Funnily enough, I'm about to go down to Ash Lake (attempt number four) to see if it worked just now. If not, I'm killing anyone who's there- so many hoops to jump through for just one measly slab.

By the way Quad, I've a strength/dex build at about 130 in Demon's Souls and just starting NG++ (I'm guessing, from the souls and materials I have) and a pure Faith build at about 160, alos just starting NG++. It's the faith build I really need to go through one more time with, which might be a bit high... I'm tempted to start again with one of the Blueblood sword builds, just, you know, not enough hours in the day :(
  • quadfather 17 Nov 2012 17:22:25 11,814 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - heh. I just picked up.the slab, shrugged, and warped out :)

Well, regarding demons, I have a usable 95 dex in ng+, and a fucked 82 in ng+ that's a botched royalty-not sure if its salvageable or not to be honest.

They're my highest chars so not sure what to do really.

Let's both start again-i've never used a NBA.

Plus it'll be a laugh getting killed loads again :)

• quadfather 17 Nov 2012 17:24:02 11,814 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    NBA = bbs obviously. Stupid phone

• Big-Swiss 17 Nov 2012 20:03:40 8,076 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After ringing the first bell, there is now a yellowish guy under the firelink shrine, but he doesent want to talk to me, what do i have to do? I think i killed some dude in the bell tower after ringing it, that wasnt there to be killed.......when i do a ng+ are they all alive again? Hopefully!!!
  • quadfather 17 Nov 2012 20:13:38 11,814 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Big-Swiss - yup, theyll all be alive again in ng+ so you don't have to worry.

That yellow guy...well...you could either deal with him now...or deal with him later.

Either way, you're going to have to deal with him so I'llleave it up to you.

Let me know if you want to know what he does if you leave him alone

• Big-Swiss 17 Nov 2012 20:24:22 8,076 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @quadfather

Thanks for the offer! Well, i wouldnt mind killing hin, but if he is important for me regarding the story, then i would leave him alive and di whatever i have to do so i can bux stuff or kearn things from hin.

How bad is it, that i killed that priest at the bittom of the bell tower. It pissed me off so bad when i realized he wasnt a enemy!!! Now i got the fucking book of sins....

Oh well, but the game has me totally hooked now;))

Edit: shit iphone typos.....

Edited by Big-Swiss at 20:25:33 17-11-2012
  • FanBoysSuck 17 Nov 2012 22:40:05 1,441 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I just did Capra on NG plus! Thanks for the tips guys. I ended up summoning on my first playthrough so I'm extra happy I slapped him solo. Great end to a Saturday night :D

For the emperor!

• Big-Swiss 19 Nov 2012 08:24:11 8,076 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm now at the goat demon with the 2 dogs, and while I do know what about I have to do to beat him, I just cant seem to pull it off.
    will need a few more tries I guess!
  • Dangerous_Dan 19 Nov 2012 08:55:07 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Big-Swiss You will fare better with some poise - so wear some heavy armour. There is a poise ring in the forest but it's pretty well hidden.
  • FanBoysSuck 19 Nov 2012 09:08:30 1,441 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Big-Swiss That's the guy I killed on NG+(see above post). He's an absolute bastard, one of toughest bosses in the game IMO. Do a bit of levelling (equipment as well) then give it another bash. Getting that little bit more of damage resistance can make all the difference ;)

In other news, I had an epic session on Sunday. I did all of the depths and blight town including Quelaag. I've also got my Iaito and Bladur sword up to +10 as well (really helped with Quelaag, the sword made from her sould didn't do much surprisingly). I got invaded in the depths by one of those humanity stealing geezers as well. Proper sneaky as I was at a bonfire reading the map in my guide. I gave them a proper shoeing though. Don't bring light armour and a spear to a heavy armour furysword fight!

Couple of questions: Where is the key for the back entrance to blight town? I remember exiting through the gate across the bridge but it's locked still. I ran through blight town so I guess I missed it :(

My key stats are almost all at 40 now (dex/end/vit) and I'm pretty sure they stop giving bonuses around this level. Where shall I put future points?

For the emperor!

• Dangerous_Dan 19 Nov 2012 09:17:22 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck
    magic and faith scale well up to 50.
    health continues to scale quite well up to 99.
    endurance continues to increase your max equip burden beyond 40.

The key to the gate which connects new londo ruins with blighttown is in a chest at the top level of blighttown, at the level where you leave blighttown via the cave hole.
  • FanBoysSuck 19 Nov 2012 11:21:17 1,441 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan Cheers, I remember where it is now! something to do on the next session :)

So, are you saying it's best to just sack off my other core stats once the scaling limit kicks in and just keep pumping VIT?

For the emperor!

• teamHAM 19 Nov 2012 11:34:12 2,745 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck

Something like this is quite good for planning ahead with your character and making specific builds. You can also see how diminishing returns will affect you if you pump each stat up.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• FanBoysSuck 19 Nov 2012 11:47:15 1,441 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @teamHAM Nice one, thanks!

For the emperor!

• Dangerous_Dan 19 Nov 2012 12:19:41 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck

Well it depends. To make your life easy in this game you should consider two things.

1. You want to be able to take a lot of damage.
    2. You want to be able to dish out a lot of damage.

The things to do to withstand/avoid damage are obvious:
    Get better at the game and learn the timings to dodge attacks.
    Wear some heavy armour while remaining highly mobile.
    Push your vitality bar to the right side of the screen.

How to dish out a lot of damage:
    Get a weapon which you like and upgrade it to normal +15.
    Pump the stats which scale well with that weapon.
    Apply some magic weapon buff, either crystal magic weapon or sunlight
    blade or darkmoon blade.

So for example get an uchigatana and upgrade it to normal +15. It scales well with dexterity so get that to 40. Get your intelligence to 50 and apply the crystal magic weapon buff with the crystal catalyst.
    Gives you an attack rating of about 850 or so.
    Now you have a very fast and very high damage weapon.
    Additionally you can wear the crown of dusk and some ring and boost or crystal soul spear magic up to killing most bosses in 2 or 3 hits in NG.

If you start a new char then I'd level intelligence last.
  • SomaticSense 19 Nov 2012 14:16:43 7,936 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:

By the way Quad, I've a strength/dex build at about 130 in Demon's Souls and just starting NG++ (I'm guessing, from the souls and materials I have) and a pure Faith build at about 160, alos just starting NG++.
    Are those levels particularly high for that stage?

Reason I ask is that I always thought I was way overlevelled at SL136 on the way to take out Firesage on NG++. I've not been getting any summon signs appearing nor have I been summoned or invaded for quite a while now. So could I actually be underlevelled?

Edited by SomaticSense at 14:17:23 19-11-2012
  • SomaticSense 19 Nov 2012 14:27:54 7,936 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FanBoysSuck wrote:
    @Dangerous_Dan Cheers, I remember where it is now! something to do on the next session :)

So, are you saying it's best to just sack off my other core stats once the scaling limit kicks in and just keep pumping VIT?
    Endurance is easily more important than Vitality early game.

Also: UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE! I've found helps far more to focus primarily on upgrading your armour and weapons before levelling. You can use those souls you've saved to buy upgrade items once you've found the blacksmith in Undead Parish. That will have a much bigger effect on your survivabilty.

edit: Gah! Sorry, I misread you. Anywaaay, the above info is still relevant to any newbies reading this.

Edited by SomaticSense at 14:31:28 19-11-2012
  • TOOTR 19 Nov 2012 15:12:34 9,493 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    just got the dlc for the 360. Won't get round to it until Xmas with Halo,borderlands 2 and xcom on the go.

But I wanted From to have my money!!

And looking forwards to praising the sun once more :)

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• azurelas_2 20 Nov 2012 00:33:05 1,108 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just got invaded for the first time by a trident-wielding asshole. Lost 5000 souls.
  • Big-Swiss 20 Nov 2012 06:31:44 8,076 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @azurelas_2

You can claim them back, just go back to where he killed you.

Invaders get on my nervs, well only the ones that kill me ;)
  • FanBoysSuck 20 Nov 2012 08:43:40 1,441 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @SomaticSense Ha I was going to say endurance doesn't do anything past 40 ;)

I've been reading through the stats pages and it turns out black iron armour is better than harvels when upgraded to +5(minus poise) so that'll be something to do when I hit anor londo and the blacksmith that sells twinkling titanite. It's always nice to have something to aim for once your stats start to become less relevant.

For the emperor!

• Big-Swiss 20 Nov 2012 08:44:17 8,076 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ok, so I gave up on the goat demon for a while, figured I would come back to him when I'm stronger etc.

so I got 3 places to go:

into the forest, where there isn't much to do, the butterfly seems to early for me, and the other path leads into death as well.

to the dragon place, but I only got there cause I have the masterkey, so that is not the way for me either at my level.

and I can go all the way down and over the briges and trough the water. seemes to be the right way, but all of a son hunderst of white gosts came which I can not harm and beat the shit out of me.

so I really have to defeat that stupid goat demon, so I can go trough that locked door. or is one of those above paths the right one for me?
  • Red_Bool 20 Nov 2012 09:43:21 1,173 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Big-Swiss - eventually you're really going to have to beat the Capra Demon (and when you do, you will feel *awesome* :)) to go forward (indeed through that locked door).
    Valley of the dragons it too early for you and the ghost lake part I checked once and ran away as fast as I could (I'm still in my 1st playthrough, about 80 hours in)

I did spend some time before that in the forest leveling a bit (the butterfly isn't too bad, just remember to roll away when it fires its magic at you), but in the end you still need to get past Capra to continue.
  • griff0x 20 Nov 2012 09:54:40 702 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Big-Swiss, going down to the "ghost bit", if you pick up a transient curse you can hit those ghosts, you will find 2 on the path down to them and another 2 around the corner from where you encounter the first two ghosts, also if you turn right when you encounter the first two ghosts you will see a firekeeper Soul that you can run and grab and then use to enhance your estus flask back in firelink. To progress any further though you are going to need to kill the Capra.
  • monkehhh 20 Nov 2012 09:56:53 3,267 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Would just like to confirm that I killed Mr Capra on my first attempt :)
  • Big-Swiss 20 Nov 2012 09:59:21 8,076 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thanks red bool!

I might just level up a bit and try from time to time again.
    I'm just not the guy who can try for ages, if it doesen't work, I give up after a few tries.

I did get very close once tho! almost had the bastard!

and thanks griffix

yeah, those are the two green hands symbol.

cool, I will do as you guys say!

I don't mind to farm a bit for now, since I had a good flow up until now, and if I farm undead burg from one side to the other, it sisn't that bad. Then maybe the forest, and then go back to the capra demon!!
    sounds good, will upgrade my etus too.

that closed gate with mushroom man close to the blacksmith, what is up with that, no chance to open it and to go that path?

Edited by Big-Swiss at 10:09:08 20-11-2012
  • teamHAM 20 Nov 2012 10:08:46 2,745 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Big-Swiss

Have you done Blighttown? Pretty nasty place and handy if you have poison resistance but in my first playthrough I gave up on Capra for a while and cleared out Blighttown by going in the back entrance (the cave entrance in Valley of Drakes - I think you need the master key to do it this way).

Or, if you fancy trying another miniboss, go to Darkroot Basin. Go through blacksmith Area by Undead Parish, past the big prowling demon into Darkroot Garden. Kill a couple tree things then turn right on a narrow path leading to Darkroot Basin. Eventually you will have a choice to turn left or right. Turning right will lead you to a Black Knight which you should be able to kill, and then a bonfire. Then if you go back the way you came and go left you end up with some crystal giants and a giant Hydra in the lake. If you kill them off you will get a lot more souls and can level up some more. Also to the left of the Hydra (where the waterfall is) there is a ladder that leads to the back entrance to the forest. You can then speak to Alvina (giant white cat) to join Forest Hunters. This will make all the human NPC's friendly so it will make it easier to clean out the forest.

Alternatively - kill Capra :p

Are you on PS3/360/PC?

Edited by teamHAM at 10:14:49 20-11-2012

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• monkehhh 20 Nov 2012 10:12:41 3,267 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:going in the back entrance
    :)

If you get lucky in the opening seconds of the Capra fight you should have a good chance, just gotta dodge that first attack and swiftly kill his hounds. Then you're just fighting the camera.
  • Page

of 1193 First / Last