Dark Souls Page 597

• Page

of 1202 First / Last

• Deleted user 2 October 2012 21:53:47
    Heh. Defeated Harvel on my second go since coming home. Nice ring. Can wear some pretty big armour now without being a lumbering mess.
  • mcmothercruncher 2 Oct 2012 23:43:24 7,084 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @mcmothercruncher - do you know I might try a scythe. Never tried one before but they look quite groovy

are all the attacks side swipes? I'm just thinking of narrow corridors?
    It's so ACES because it has a (fairly quick, for a large weapon) straight R1 attack that works really well in corridors. Dig one out and have a play, they really compliment some of the more straight sword moves well :)
  • Widge Moderator 2 Oct 2012 23:53:09 13,614 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Yeah, that often happens with DS. That's how I originally killed capra. The motherfucker.

I guess there's 3 ways with Havel

1) get him right in the middle of the room so you can constantly circle strafe him and backstab when you can
    2) opening the door from the bottom with the master key, go outside and he will tentatively follow you a little way outside then go back inside. Use this time to hit him
    3) come back and stove him in later
    4) Poison him and wait for him to die

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Red_Bool 3 Oct 2012 07:48:57 1,173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alright! We're getting somewhere - got Sif to about 20% of his health yesterday! Now I actually think I can beat him. I know the patterns now and how to evade his attacks. Now to only find the right moments to strike back.

Looking forward to tonight :)
  • Rusty_M 3 Oct 2012 07:51:21 4,692 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just did a full windows reinstall. Steam says that this game uses cloud saving. It doesn't. That doesn't really bother me. I enjoy it enough not to mind playing the beginning stages again.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Benno 3 Oct 2012 07:56:03 9,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That sounds well dodgy. Is there any way you can find out for definite that your games have successfully been saved to the cloud?
  • quadfather 3 Oct 2012 08:33:08 12,153 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @mcmothercruncher - do you know I might try a scythe. Never tried one before but they look quite groovy

are all the attacks side swipes? I'm just thinking of narrow corridors?
    It's so ACES because it has a (fairly quick, for a large weapon) straight R1 attack that works really well in corridors. Dig one out and have a play, they really compliment some of the more straight sword moves well :)
    I'm intrigued :) normal sens scythe or the catacombs one?

In other news I'm a bit more comfortable with it again now and cleared my way to the pariah to start farming balder knights for that elusive side sword

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 3 Oct 2012 08:38:56 12,153 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    By the way, has anyone managed to get the 60fps patch working? I tries it last night and while it worked it slowed the game right down. Still 60fps smooth but too slow overall. Anyone else had this? Had to remove it in the end

• Elathron 3 Oct 2012 10:23:30 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hmmm. I've found a new glitch... On my BB'd and non-BB'd new characters; I can no longer get the "ultimate" miracles from the covenant leaders. I've given over 100 eyes of death to nito and not had a single greatsword dance! Similarly, I cannot get the final one from the sunbros - even with Gwyn's soul and uber faith. Anyone else had that?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• AcidSnake 3 Oct 2012 10:48:14 7,278 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    100 eyes of death?
    How do you get those then? One for every person who is cursed that dies in their world or yours?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• BeheretiK 3 Oct 2012 10:55:44 883 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've had Eyes of Death drop from the Basilisks in Depths. I think I have about 10 in my inventory. Not sure what to do with them though!

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• Deleted user 3 October 2012 10:56:00
    just defeated the hydra. Pretty easy. hardest part was getting to the thing with his water cannons. Dropped a dragon scale. going to.. save it! and not use it on the drake sword. Know that something much better will need it later. Noticed a beach and ladder so going to explore that next.

On the drake sword. Its been invaluable, but it is like the noob tube in a way. feel a but guilty getting it. Saying that if i fucked around chopped of the tail by accident and got it. I be like oh yeah!
  • Lotos8ter 3 Oct 2012 11:02:55 2,360 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BeheretiK wrote:
    I've had Eyes of Death drop from the Basilisks in Depths. I think I have about 10 in my inventory. Not sure what to do with them though!
    Yeah, that's how you get them, they're used to level up the Gravelord covenant for the unique weapon/miracle or for 100% achievements/trophies.

I've heard that the BB glitch can cause problems like that and never gone near it myself. I think the only thing to do is put it down to experience and start a fresh character without doing the glitch as it obviously has unforeseen consequences

Fiat Lux

• Elathron 3 Oct 2012 11:06:22 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @AcidSnake - You can farm them from the basilisks... Or, as I've been doing, have a new character in the Burg at SL4 Gravelord signing :lol:
    So many new players come in looking sheepish - many I admit expect to help me or fight the monsters. They soon panic when I get bored of them ineffectually swiping at the hollows in my world. Seems a shame to kill them for E'soD but that's what being a Gravlord is all about - right?

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• BeheretiK 3 Oct 2012 11:09:57 883 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Lotos8ter Ah, cool, thanks for the info. Just reading up on the covenant and, wow, had no idea about this covenant at all! And that miracle looks great. Oh well, something for NG+ or new character. Always new things in this game! :-)

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• AcidSnake 3 Oct 2012 11:16:12 7,278 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am a Gravelord but haven't ever cursed anyone (haven't even touched this game in months tbh) so wasn't sure how the gravelords got them...
    I'll most probably be back once the expansion hits maybe a few days earlier to follow one of those Elathron Advanced PvP training courses...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Elathron 3 Oct 2012 11:19:38 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @joelstinton - It will rapidly lose it's appeal I can assure you!!!! You'll notice it doesn't (Dragon)scale (sorry, couldn't resist) any damage so when you get stats to about 24/30, the scaled damage will overtake it on upgraded weapons... Keep playing around with weapons in the Burg to find one's you're comfortable with using - many will become invaluable as you learn new tricks.
    Keep the scales for other weapons (like the MLGS) or dragon signing.

• Elathron 3 Oct 2012 11:23:02 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @AcidSnake - Heheh - no worries! The curse affects 3 people, but everyone in your area can see the sign just like a white one (I think the limits are the same too). If you wanna PvP practice at some point, just drop me a line on XBL dude. I'm taking a breather atm to get my cheevos above 25k (yay to the 2% rebate goodness - yeah, right...) but I'm happy to jump back into DaS if to practice duel.

• Deleted user 3 October 2012 11:35:41
    @Elathron ok thanks.

I'm settled in the game now. Sort of got my head around most things so starting to experiment. Finally brought some pryomancy and healing spells as well. I got a bastard sword and a couple of rapiers to experiment with as well, just brought a upgrade for the bastard sword.

I got some great armour though which i can wear because of harvel ring.
  • quadfather 3 Oct 2012 11:48:07 12,153 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Noticed a beach and ladder so going to explore that next.
    /evil laugh

• Elathron 3 Oct 2012 11:52:22 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    Noticed a beach and ladder so going to explore that next.
    /evil laugh
    "Welcome to the Jungle, we've got fun and games..."

• Deleted user 3 October 2012 11:59:04
    :(
  • Elathron 3 Oct 2012 12:08:41 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @joelstinton - Hehe, small spoiler - take it or leave it... Don't go up there in human form straight away!

• Architect_z 3 Oct 2012 12:17:02 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any idea what the leo/lion ring does? The one you get from Ornstein?
  • quadfather 3 Oct 2012 12:18:49 12,153 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Architect_z - supposed to help riposte damage using a spear I think. Could be wrong

• Elathron 3 Oct 2012 12:26:52 1,189 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Architect_z - It buffs your counter-attack damage using thrusting weapons (spears, rapiers & some other weapons, notably the greatsword if you manage to R2 it while someone is still recoiling - good luck with that!). Basically, when an enemy recoils from your shield, or immediately after they've "struck but not bounced" (or if you manage to strike an enemy while they are swinging) if you do an R1 attack without holding up your shield - you'll do more damage and have a higher chance of stunning your opponent. It's possible to do about 1.5x your normal damage with one swing/stab - more than that with the ring on. It sadly does nothing to riposte or back-stab damage.

Edited by Elathron at 12:30:44 03-10-2012

• quadfather 3 Oct 2012 12:28:38 12,153 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    See, told you it was about helping riposte damage with a spear :-)

No wonder I couldn't get it to work lol

• quadfather 3 Oct 2012 12:30:45 12,153 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    When you get to a bridge, be very careful. You'll have two choices on where to go.

Left goes to the 'back door' entrance to darkroot - there's some buggers in there. And right goes to the 'other further back area' of darkroot, with especially hard buggers.

If you take it very easy on both paths, you'll be able to see what you're up against, but really don't rush this bit

• Architect_z 3 Oct 2012 13:02:18 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron & quad - Cheers. So is it worth it? I suppose if youre using heavy damage weapons it would work well?
  • Deleted user 3 October 2012 13:32:25
    quadfather wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    When you get to a bridge, be very careful. You'll have two choices on where to go.

Left goes to the 'back door' entrance to darkroot - there's some buggers in there. And right goes to the 'other further back area' of darkroot, with especially hard buggers.

If you take it very easy on both paths, you'll be able to see what you're up against, but really don't rush this bit
    ok thanks. just spent my souls so i don't lose any! nicccce and slowly
  • Page

of 1202 First / Last